High blood sugar levels for a significant period can cause harm to many parts of the human body, including the feet. This is when the best diabetic socks come into play. Diabetes can restrict the adequate production of insulin, which is an important hormone that absorbs the sugar from your blood. So, you must take utmost care of your feet to avoid blistering and other foot issues (for instance, peripheral vascular disease and diabetic neuropathy) that occur due to diabetes. Designed to assist you in preventing high sugar levels in the blood, these socks can fight blistering and moisturDiabetic socks are an excellent investment for people with diabetes who are looking for more comfort. If you are looking to buy a pair, do consider our list of the 10 best diabetic socks available on the market. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below. e accumulation in your feet. These socks are seamless and made of highly absorbent and non-elastic material. Therefore, knowing their significance, we have created a list of the 10 most effective diabetes socks available in the market. We have also prepared a buying guide for you.
What Are Diabetic Socks?
Diabetic socks are specially crafted socks for diabetes patients. These socks help keep your feet dry, reduce the risk of a foot injury, and prevent the slowing of blood circulation. Diabetes socks are made of materials with high permeability to wick away moisture. They are seamless, which helps reduce neurological discomfort. Diabetes can cause your feet to swell up, and wearing socks made of elastic material can worsen the situation. Therefore, diabetic socks are made of non-elastic material to avoid constriction.
Let’s now check out the best diabetic socks available on the market.
10 Best Diabetic Socks To Check Out
Debra Weitzner mens Diabetic Socks are made of 90% cotton and offer a unique combination of quality, comfort, and style. These non-constricting socks feature a loose knit design. The extra padding on the socks provides proper cushioning. They help boost the blood circulation and, hence, are perfect for people with diabetes, edema, and neuropathy caused by circulatory problems. Mens diabetic socks size 13 15 are also available.
The socks are equipped with built-in vents and help wick away moisture and keep your feet dry, healthy, and cool. Their antimicrobial fabric also helps reduce bacterial growth. Debra Weitzner Diabetic Socks are available in a variety of colors and sizes.
- Non-binding cuff
- Machine washable
- Clinically proven
Yomandamor Bamboo Diabetic Ankle Socks are made from an 80% bamboo-cotton blend and 20% elastane. Bamboo socks are comfortable to wear in different types of temperatures. They keep your feet warm during winters and cool during summers. This natural fabric promotes excellent circulation and helps reduce moisture accumulation.
The moisture-wicking technology of these socks helps reduce the risk of fungal infections. Its seamless toe design is not bulky, which reduces the risk of infections. Yomandamor Diabetes Socks are perfect for everyday wear. The extra cushioning adds to their comfort and protects your feet from injuries.
- Non-binding top
- Seamless toe
- Moisture-wicking fabric
MediPEDS Womens Diabetic Socks are made from a blend of polyester, Coolmax polyester, and lycra spandex. Their Coolmax Technology helps wick away moisture and keep your feet dry and infection-free. They provide non-binding comfort that does not inhibit blood circulation.
The soft cushioning of these socks protects your feet and is equipped to provide extra shock absorption in the high impact areas of the foot. This product is available in different lengths. MediPEDS socks are infused with aloe vera, which soothes and hydrates your feet.
- Non-binding comfort
- Seamless toe eliminates pressure points
- Moisture-wicking technology
- Infused with aloe vera
- Size issues
Silky Toes Women’s Cotton Diabetic Socks come with moisture-wicking technology. They keep your feet dry and healthy by absorbing moisture efficiently. These socks gently conform to your feet without squeezing or restricting blood circulation. Their seamless construction reduces the risk of infection, blisters, and foot pressure.
This product is made of 80% cotton, 10% nylon, and 10% spandex. The cotton is antibacterial and antifungal, which helps keep your feet fresh and odor-free all day.
- Soft, non-binding construction
- Odor-control properties
- Cushioned footbed
- Strong chemical smell
Dr. Scholl’s Diabetic Crew Socks are perfect for people with diabetes and circulation issues. Their soft and non-binding construction gently conforms to your feet and does not constrict circulation. Their moisture-wicking and anti-odor technology help keep your feet dry and odor-free. They are made of 91% polyester, 8% nylon, and 1% spandex.
The super-soft toe seam and cushioned sole of these socks provide all-day comfort to sensitive feet. The American Podiatric Medical Association approves Dr. Scholl’s Diabetic Socks, which come with a one-year guarantee. Each pack of these socks contains four pairs of socks, and they are available in women’s shoe sizes 4-10.
- Non-binding construction
- Odor-resistant properties
- Cushioned sole
- Moisture management technology
- Optimal fit
- Tight weave
Sierra Socks are ideal for people with diabetes, arthritis, and sensitive feet. They are made of 78% Pima cotton, 20% nylon, and 2% spandex. Their non- binding design does not constrict circulation and slips easily over ankles. These socks are suitable for all seasons and highly recommended for everyone. They also work great for people with allergies.
- Soft stretch
- Non-binding top
- Terry-cushioned sole
- Size issues
Sugar-Free Sox Women’s Diabetic Socks have quality construction and are made of 80% cotton, 17% nylon, and 3% spandex. Their antimicrobial fabric helps reduce bacteria growth. The flat knit inner cuff of these socks maximizes leg comfort. The stretchy fabric decreases pressure and enhances circulation. The seamless toe design prevents blisters and irritation. This product is available in different colors and length options.
- Non-binding top
- Stretchy fabric
- Seamless toe
- No bunching
- Not entirely seamless
Hugh Ugoli Diabetic Socks come with quality construction and are made of 80% bamboo, 17% polyamide, and 3% elastane. Their seamless toe design eliminates the risk of infections, foot pressure, and blistering. The reinforced heel and toe provide superior resistance and outstanding durability.
The bamboo material used in the construction of these socks is very soft and comfortable. It also keeps your feet cool in the warm season and insulates heat during the colder season. These socks are recommended for people with edema, diabetes, circulatory issues, and neuropathy.
- Seamless toe design
- Improves circulation
- Size issues
Doctor’s Choice Women’s Diabetic Socks improve circulation and protect your feet from dangerous sores and ulcers. The seamless toe design reduces abrasion and discomfort. It also helps avoid injuries associated with neuropathy and numbness.
These fully cushioned socks help reduce friction to mitigate blisters. Their soft stretch construction provides a relaxed fit that is easy to pull on and off. The loose fit of the socks reduces constriction around the leg.
- Non-binding top
- Seamless toe design
- Fully cushioned
Falari Unisex Diabetic Socks are physician-approved therapeutic socks that are made of 90% cotton and 10% nylon material. These loose-fitting and non-binding socks are recommended for people with diabetes, circulatory problems, edema, and neuropathy.
- Non-binding socks
- Size issues
Foot care is very important for people with diabetes. If you have been struggling to find a cost-effective solution for your foot care woes, diabetic socks could be your savior. This list of products was compiled after thorough and exhaustive research of all the products available on the market. Do consult your doctor before you buy a pair of diabetic socks to know what type of socks will be the best for you.
Diabetes patients are advised to take good care of their feet because even a small blister or ulcer, if not treated on time, can result in severe consequences like an amputation. Diabetic socks offer a variety of benefits to users. Check them out below.
Benefits Of Diabetic Socks
- Their permeable material wicks away excess moisture and prevents bacterial and fungal infections.
- They keep your feet warm, thereby improving circulation.
- They provide extra cushioning to sensitive areas of your feet to prevent injury.
- These seamless socks prevent the risk of blisters or rubbing, which can lead to foot ulcers.
- Diabetes socks are mostly white. This helps you notice a wound that is draining easily.
- They do not bunch up or wrinkle.
- They provide mild compression for better circulation.
Shopping for diabetic socks can become quite a challenge with the number of options available on the market. The price and the features will play a decisive role in your buying decision. We have compiled a list of different types of diabetic socks to help you make an informed choice. Take a look!
Types Of Diabetic Socks
- Moisture-Wicking Socks: People with diabetes should ensure that their feet are dry and devoid of excessive moisture. This is important to keep fungal infections at bay. Moisture-wicking diabetic socks are specially designed for people who have diabetes and are prone to extreme foot moisture and sweat issues. These socks absorb the excess moisture from your feet, thereby reducing the risk of fungal infections, blisters, and other foot wounds.
- Copper-Infused Socks: Copper-infused diabetic socks are made from a copper-infused yarn called Cupron. This material is known to have antifungal properties. It kills athlete’s foot fungus. It also prevents the recurrence of athlete’s foot fungus and offers anti-odor protection.
- Smart Technology Socks: Smart technology diabetic socks come equipped with sensors that help you track your foot temperature. If the temperature of the feet changes due to the formation of a sore or ulcer, the wearer is alerted via an app.
- Padded Acrylic Socks: Padded acrylic socks are an ideal choice for people who love to exercise. These are a better choice for exercisers as compared to cotton socks as they keep the feet dry and cause less blistering. Acrylic fiber has superior moisture-wicking abilities.
- Extra Padded/Gel Padding Socks: If you are looking for additional support, opt for extra padded or gel padding socks. These socks help in moisture-wicking, provide protection against foot injury, and add to your comfort.
You may think that compression socks serve the same purpose as diabetic socks, or you may try to make do with regular socks. However, you would be highly mistaken. There are some major differences between these three types of socks. Find out more in the next section.
Difference Between Diabetic Socks, Regular Socks, And Compression Stockings
|Diabetic Socks||Regular Socks||Compression Socks|
|Diabetic socks are specially designed to cater to the needs of diabetic patients. These socks are made of soft and breathable material like bamboo, charcoal, nylon, and spandex blends. These socks have extra padding at sensitive pressure points to prevent injury from friction. They are made to fit your feet optimally and are neither too tight nor too loose.||Regular socks are made of cotton and elastic. Their material and making traps moisture and prevents it from escaping from between the sock and your foot. These socks can impair blood circulation. Thus, they are not suitable for people with diabetes. These socks are stretchable and loose. They wrinkle and bunch up around your heels and beneath your toes.||Compression socks are worn by athletes to enhance their performance or to treat medical conditions like edema and venous insufficiency. Compression socks exert pressure around your legs to increase the blood pressure to pump the blood back up the veins and prevent swelling or blood clot formation. Compression socks are tight and binding, and relatively more expensive due to specific sizing requirements.|
When you have diabetes, a good pair of diabetic socks are well worth the investment. Here’s a buying guide that lists out all the factors you need to consider before making your purchase. Check it out!
Diabetic Socks – Buying Guide
- Material: Diabetic socks are available in different types of materials, the most common being charcoal, bamboo, and acrylic. Many diabetic socks use a combination of these materials to offer the best to the customers.
- Padding: Padding is another crucial factor that you need to consider when shopping for diabetic socks. There are many socks available on the market that have padding in different areas. In case your job requires you to stand for long hours, consider buying socks that provide extra padding in the heel region. On the other hand, for athletes and people who exercise and run, socks with padding in the ball region of the foot to reduce friction are an ideal choice.
- Length And Size: Diabetic socks are available in ankle-length, calf-length, and knee-length variants. You can choose the length according to your needs. If you have circulation issues due to diabetes, go for knee-length or calf-length diabetic socks. For athletes, crew, or ankle-length diabetic socks would be an ideal choice.
- Price: The price of diabetic socks depends on their material. Copper-infused socks will cost you somewhere between $7 to $16. Moisture-wicking socks typically range between $5 to $ 20. Smart technology socks are usually a bit expensive and can cost around $20 per month.
- Ease Of Washing: Make sure that the diabetic socks you choose to buy are easy to wash and maintain. Cumbersome maintenance of socks could be a pain, hence, choose a pair of socks that is easily hand- and machine-washable and lasts long.
Side Effects Of Using Diabetic Socks
There are no known or reported side effects of diabetic socks. These socks can also be worn by people who don’t have diabetes to feel more comfortable. If you wear any socks that are not comfortable or are abrasive, it can cause blisters or ulcers that can take a long time to heal.
You also need to make sure that you are cleaning your diabetic socks properly to avoid infection. Here’s what you need to do.
How To Clean Your Diabetic Socks
Maintenance of your diabetic socks is imperative for the health of your feet and the long life of the socks. Be gentle while washing your socks. Some companies have come up with their line of cleaning solutions. You can hand wash the socks with these cleaning solutions. It is advisable to wash your socks with warm water without bleach and tumble dry on warm. Never wash your diabetic socks in high heat as it damages the material of the socks. Some materials, like spandex, lose their elasticity when washed with warm or hot water.
Even a small change in sugar level may harm your body. Diabetes can swell your feet, enhance the chances of injuries, and increase moisture accumulation. A small injury or blisters to the feet might cause huge discomfort. So your body needs diabetic socks to combat blisters, reduce the chances of injury, and minimize moisture accumulation. These socks are specially crafted with elastic materials to boost blood circulation, keep the feet dry, and minimize the risk of fungal infection. So it would be best to invest in socks that are crafted with moisture-wicking fabric that prevent odor. But restrain from buying tight socks or ones that do not fit properly.
What are diabetic thermal socks?
Diabetic thermal socks are designed to keep your feet warm with moisture-wicking technology to protect your feet against bacteria. These socks help improve blood circulation through the extremities
Can anyone wear diabetic socks?
Diabetic socks provide extra padding and are more comfortable. These socks can be worn by non-diabetic people, as well.
Are diabetic socks tight or loose?
Diabetic socks are seamless and non-restrictive but provide a close-comfortable fitting to wearers. They should not be tight as tight socks inhibit the circulation of blood. This is not good for those with circulatory issues. Hence, diabetic socks are designed to be non-constricting.
- Best Compression Socks For Travel
- Best Non-Slip Socks For Elderly Women
- Best Anti-Blister Socks
- Best Moisturizing Socks For Soft, Supple, And Beautiful Looking Feet