When you’re walking down the streets and catch a whiff of an attractive scent, it draws you in and is hard to forget. Such is the power of perfumes as they leave a lasting impression on people we don’t know, and you can use them to pull some strings to get your way invisibly. When you spritz on your favorite scent before you head out the door, it not only complements your outfit but also fills you with a surge of confidence to take on the world. But among fragrance families like oriental, floral, woodsy, and fruity, which one will tug at your heartstrings? To help you out, we’re introducing to you a Parisian brand that’s got it all. Pick your fave from our best Diptyque perfumes reviews list.
Luxury French brand Diptyque houses products like fragrances, room sprays, and candles that will delight your olfactory sense. Their cult-classic fragrances, in particular, are loved by women and men worldwide due to the creative mixing of the unlikeliest of ingredients to create the most irresistible of scents. With remarkable longevity and classy bottles, Diptyque has a scent for any occasion and any season. Go to that blind date smelling like spicy vanilla or that work meeting you’ve been dreading with the smell of light florals, and the world will be at your feet!
Smell As Good As You Look With These 7 Best Diptyque Perfumes
If you love smelling like you’ve just gotten back from walking in a fresh garden, this Diptyque fragrance will be the right fit for you. With an innovative take on the woodsy composition, the Diptyque Tam Dao Eau De Toilette contains sandalwood notes obtained from trees over 60 years old. And this means that the woody essence is rich, velvety, milky, and a treat for your senses. The Tam Dao perfume also has notes of cypress, cedar, and myrtle to give you the ultimate classic warm and nostalgic scent. The Diptyque Tam Dao perfume is going to make you wish you could bottle up memories of hiking in the woods or spending spring break with your besties!
- A warm woody scent
- Not overpowering
- Unisex fragrance
- Enriched with sandalwood
- May not be as long-wearing as expected
Who doesn’t love a delicate floral fragrance that is sure to tickle you with temptation? The Diptyque Do Son perfume, the most popular Diptique scent, is an excellent example of that. A spritz that’ll make you feel like you have your head buried in a bouquet of fresh flowers, the Do Son perfume has key notes of tuberoses, orange blossom, jasmine, and marine accord. This Diptyque perfume for summer is the perfect fragrance for hot date nights when you’re looking to add a slight feminine yet bold touch to your entire look. We’re not surprised this most popular Diptyque perfume is one of their raging bestsellers.
- Delicate floral fragrance
- Ideal for daily use
- Extremely light
- Perfect for summers
- Can be layered
- May not be ideal for people looking for a strong floral fragrance
Consider the Diptyque Philosykos perfume as a love letter to the fig tree — its beautiful wood, the sweet fruit, and the fresh leaves. With each puff vowing to transport you to the mountains in Greece, the Philosykos perfume contains fig leaves, fig tree wood, white cedar, and fig sap in its keynotes. The tantalizing fruit gives the right amount of sweetness, and the top notes add a hint of spice with black pepper present in a nuanced essence. This is undoubtedly one of the best fig perfumes that creates a balance between all elements of the fig tree for a crisp fragrance that it’s not overbearing. Dare we say this Diptyque fig perfume is one of the sexiest perfumes of all time?
- Subtle woody scent
- Black pepper adds a spicy kick
- Not overbearing
- Can be layered with other fragrances
- Fig fruit lends a hint of sweetness
- Perfect for casual wear
- Might need to be sprayed often, as the scent is prone to fading
Visualize yourself laying in a lush garden with a musical river flowing nearby. The scent of roses and blackcurrant berries from the bushes that floods your nostrils is heavenly, isn’t it? The Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau Eau De Toilette is the best Diptyque scent made with keynotes of blackcurrant buds, rose, petitgrain, and blackcurrant, leaving a magical, floral-meets-fruity fragrance. Transporting you to another time, this Diptyque floral perfume will have you feeling like you just stepped into your own fairytale. Spritz this Diptyque Eau De Toilette on before brunch with the girls on a sunny Saturday afternoon, and we’re sure all eyes and noses will be on you.
- Floral and fruity notes
- Crisp and clean scent
- Good staying power
- Feels refreshing
- Might be a little too heady for some
From the oriental fragrance family, this Diptyque bestseller comes with an aroma of the ever-so-classic vanilla. And to add a little character, a spice blend featuring the aromatic cardamom, pink peppercorn, and saffron also linger on top. With a fresh take on vanilla, you can find a combination of dark cypriol, dewy calamus, and spicy pink peppercorn, all complementing the Bourbon vanilla. The Eau Delle perfume scent profile also has notes of cardamom, Asian cyprus, black tea, juniper, and white musk. Perfect for carefree nights, this captivating scent will turn many heads when you go clubbing next!
- Subtle vanilla fragrance
- Has soft spice tones
- Perfect for all seasons
- Gender-neutral scent
- May not be ideal for sensitive skin
Smell like an enchanting bouquet of freshly cut red roses with this Diptyque perfume for ladies. With a scent as delicate as the petals themselves, this rose-dominant fragrance showcases keynotes of centifolia rose, Damask rose, litchi, white musk, and ambroxan to give you an exquisite whiff. If you’re looking for something seductive and flirtatious, this best Diptyque fragrance takes the crown. So, the next time you’re meeting the love of your life, spray some of this rosy deliciousness on your pressure points for a warm, romantic night.
- Not overpowering or powdery
- Warm and fresh
- Can be dressed up or down
- Subtle scent of rose
- May not be ideal for people who want a conventional, strong rose perfume
Now that we’ve gone over some of the best scents Diptyque has to offer, let’s look at how you can choose the best one to smell divine all day long.
How To Choose A Diptyque Perfume
- Staying powerSome Diptyque perfumes last all day, while others may need to be frequently sprayed to refresh the smell. You can opt for their casual scents like Diptyque Philosykos Eau De Toilette for a timed event like a brunch or a date. For full-day events like weddings or company trips, reaching for a long-wearing perfume like Diptyque Eau Duelle Eau De Toilette will be ideal.
- OccasionWhen you’re rummaging through your vanity for a scent to spritz on before you leave the house, it’s essential to know what type of event you’re heading out for. A light floral perfume-like Diptyque Do Son Eau De Toilette is perfect for daytime, and you might want to spice things up with something a little woodsy or musky like Diptyque Philosykos Eau De Toilette at night. And when it comes to seasons, a light, fruity fragrance like Diptyque L’Ombre Dans L’Eau Eau De Toilette works wonders in the summers and a spicier vanilla scent like Diptyque Eau Duelle Eau De Toilette can carry you through cold winter nights.
- Personal preferenceAs individuals, we all have a particular type of fragrance we gravitate towards. This should play a big role in whatever perfume you’re picking out, as you’re going to be the one rocking it all day. And wearing a good smell can also heighten your confidence and give a sense of empowerment, so it’s all the more necessary to choose the right signature scent. Diptyque scents offer a wide array of perfumes from oriental to woodsy to floral and vanilla, so make your pick according to what you love smelling on yourself.
Perfumes have the power to elevate not only your look but your confidence, too. French brand Diptyque houses shelves full of fragrances created with an innovative mix of ingredients to add a little ‘oomph’ to your personality. Among their many varieties, we hope our list of the 7 best Diptyque perfumes gives you a whiff of what you might want to be spritzing next. Not only are these best Diptyque scents perfect for casual and occasional wear, but they’re also perfect for gifting your loved ones too. Woodsy, amber, vanilla, fruity, floral, you name it– Diptyque’s got it all! Choose your favorite Diptyque perfume from its feminine or unisex scents to make a lasting impression no matter where you go.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Diptyque Do Son smell like?
The Diptyque Do Son’s scent profile contains key notes of rose, white musk, iris, tuberose, orange tree leaves and benzoin. It gives off a sweet but subtle floral fragrance.
How long does Diptyque perfume last?
Since perfume’s staying power also depends on your body’s chemistry, Diptyque fragrances can last anywhere from 4 to 12 hours. Those that aren’t long-wearing need to be resprayed often.