A facial mask is all it takes to restore the glow and radiance of your skin. Hence, we decided to list the best drugstore face masks to treat your skin right. Facial masks unclog the pores and eliminate the dead skin cells with gentle exfoliation. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties will also protect your skin from environmental toxins.
So, to make your selection task easier and more fun, we have combed out the 13 drugstore facial masks that’ll match the needs of your skin type. Keep scrolling to know more.
In This Article
13 Best Drugstore Facial Masks
1. Best For Reducing Inflammation: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
The Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is a clarifying clay mask that deeply cleanses clogged pores to keep your skin squeaky clean and clear. This is an all-in-one healing mask used for the face, hair, and body to remove dead skin cells. It can also be used for body wraps, clay baths, foot soaks, and chilled clay knee packs. The fragrance-free natural ingredients are suitable for all skin types.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, it is advisable not to leave the mask on for more than 5-10 minutes.
- Calcium Bentonite Clay: It is a powerful natural ingredient that absorbs toxins and oils, and essentially slurps that last inch of dirt by unclogging the pores. The unique composition of this clay attracts the negative charges of the toxins and detoxifies the skin. The clay also helps absorb excess sebum secretion and soothes skin inflammation.
- Skin Type: Normal, oily, and sensitive skin
- Suitable for cystic acne
- Reduces acne breakouts
- Soothes skin
- Reduces inflammation
- Provides deep cleansing
- May cause a burning sensation
2. Best For Tired Skin: Dermal Korea Collagen Essence Full Face Facial Mask Sheet
The Dermal Korea Collagen Essence Full Face Facial Mask Sheet detoxifies the skin and gives you a flawless appearance. The highly concentrated natural active ingredients penetrate the skin and deliver the essential nutrients to restore skin radiance. The mask sheet rejuvenates skin in under 15 minutes. The tester’s experience with this rejuvenating Korean mask attests that it delivers visible results.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen: It is a protein that works perfectly on tired and aging skin. It helps improve skin elasticity and reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes.
- Vitamin E: A potent antioxidant that protects the skin from oxidative damage and environmental toxins.
- Hyaluronic Acid: A humectant that moistens the skin and leaves it feeling soft, smooth, supple.
Skin Type: Normal to sensitive skin type
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles
- Moisturizes skin
- Maintains skin elasticity
- Easy to use
- PEG- and PG-free
- Free from mineral oils
- Reduces skin irritation
- Contains parabens
3. Best Hypoallergenic: Bella and Bear The Tropics Face Mask
The rich and creamy Bella and Bear The Tropics Face Mask comes with an exotic fruity fragrance that gives your skin a feel of the tropics. Regular use can keep your skin nourished, fade pigmentations, tighten your pores, and reduce signs of aging. The formula is chemical-free, and the mask is safe for use on sensitive, acne-prone, and teenage skin.
- Glycerin: It is a humectant that attracts moisture into the skin and keeps it hydrated. It is highly beneficial for dry skin and helps improve skin barrier function.
Skin Type: Dry, normal, oily, and sensitive skin
- Moisturizing formula
- Anti-aging benefits
- Creamy texture
- Mineral oil-free
- Suitable for sensitive skin
4. Best Antioxidant-Rich Formula: Teami Detox Mask Green Tea Blend
The Teami Detox Mask Green Tea Blend is infused with the goodness of matcha tea and lemongrass. The formula benefits aging and acne-prone skin. While clay helps regulate excess oil secretions, the dual antioxidant actions of matcha and lemongrass reduce fine lines, minimize your pores, and fight free-radical skin damage. Regular usage can give you moisturized, healthy, and glowing skin.
- Matcha: It is a type of green tea that is rich in antioxidants. It detoxifies the skin and helps prevent skin inflammation, acne, and premature aging.
- Lemongrass: It is a herbal plant widely used in skincare for its skin-purifying properties. Lemongrass also has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and astringent properties that can benefit acne-prone skin.
Skin Type: Normal and oily skin
- Antioxidant-rich formula
- Moisturizing formula
- Anti-aging benefits
- Combats free radical damage
5. Best Hydrating Sheet Mask: TonyMoly I’m Real Lavender Mask Sheet
The TonyMoly I’m Real Lavender Mask Sheet is infused with different natural ingredients that provide maximum hydration in just 20 minutes. This three-layered pulp sheet contains natural oils that rejuvenate skin and restore its radiance. It helps improve skin elasticity and repairs fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lavender Flower Extract: The natural oils in the lavender flower extract soothe and calm the skin and brighten skin complexion. The extract also reduces inflammation and normalizes excess sebum formation. The rejuvenating fragrance de-stresses the mind.
- Rosemary Leaf Extract: It lightens dark spots and blemishes and improves one’s complexion. The anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary flower extract soothe skin, reduce redness and irritation, and calm inflamed acne.
- Chamomile Flower Extract: It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that calm and soothes the skin. It is a powerhouse of antioxidants that protect the skin from toxins.
Skin Type: All skin types
- Provides maximum hydration
- Rejuvenates skin in 20 minutes
- Transforms dull and tired skin
- Could dry the skin out
- Has a greasy feel
6. Best Instant Warming Clay Mask: Bioré Charcoal Instant Warming Clay Mask
The Bioré Charcoal Instant Warming Clay Mask melts away the dirt and impurities that may clog the pores. This innovative dermatologist-tested mask with activated charcoal opens the pores and absorbs excess oil, grime, and toxins. It is a self-heating clay mask that gently heats the skin on application. It opens the pores to detoxify it. The quick cooling effect soothes the skin instantly and reduces inflammation or irritation.
- Natural Charcoal: Activated charcoal is a natural remedy for quick relief from acne breakouts. It works on clogged pores and flushes out impurities. It also helps brighten the complexion and clearing the skin.
Skin Type: Oily or combination skin
- Unclogs pores
- Absorbs toxins and impurities
- Instant action
7. Best Anti-Aging Overnight Mask: L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Intensive Overnight Mask
The L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Intensive Overnight Mask reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Its triple power system brightens one’s complexion. It claims to soften and hydrate the skin in just 24 hours and blur the signs of premature aging within just a week of application.
- Pro-Retinol: A stabilized retinol of vitamin A derivatives, which, along with other ingredients, moisturizes and plumps the skin. It also reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and blurs the signs of premature aging.
- Hyaluronic Acid: A humectant that plumps the skin, reduces signs of aging, and restores skin hydration. It makes skin soft, smooth, and supple.
- Vitamin C: A potent antioxidant that boosts skin radiance. It also protects the skin from oxidative damage.
Skin Type: All skin types
- Revitalizing and firming
- Mineral oil-free
- Free from dyes
8. Best For Dry Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating 100% HydroGel Mask
The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating 100% Hydrogel Mask instantly quenches dry skin, seals skin moisture, and acts as a protective shield to prevent water loss. The mask claims to hold up to 50% more essence and water than a paper face mask.
This moisturizing sheet mask is recommended as part of a regular at-home skincare routine. It boosts skin hydration in just 30 minutes. It is gentle, non-comedogenic, and deeply cleanses the skin to restore radiance and resilience. The positive feedback from the reviewers testify to the product claims and effectiveness.
- Hyaluronic Acid: A potent and powerful humectant that binds water to the skin collagen. It makes skin appear plumper, dewier, and hydrated. It also helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Skin Type: Dry Skin
- Dermatologist-recommended brand
- Boosts hydration
- Instant action
- Gentle on skin
- Slimy texture
9. Best Detoxifying Mask: Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask
The Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask is made with 96% natural ingredients. The mask draws out all the impurities, excess oil, and grime from the pores. The botanical blends reduce acne breakouts and protect the skin from toxins. The mask is free from all harmful chemicals. It is also dermatologically-tested.
- Salicylic Acid: It is a potent beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) that decreases the secretion of excess sebum to reduce acne breakouts. It penetrates the skin and peels away the skin lipid film to halt the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
- Tomato Extract: The juice of tomato extract saturates the pores and opens them to flush out the toxins. It tightens the pores and reduces their size. It also leaves the skin feeling brighter.
- Aloe Extract: A soothing and calming ingredient that reduces skin irritation and redness caused due to inflamed acne. The water in aloe deeply hydrates the skin. Aloe is also rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental toxins.
- Chamomile Extract: It helps blur the acne spots and blemishes and fight breakouts. The soothing effect reduces irritation.
Skin Type: Acne-prone skin
- Condition skin
- Improves complexion
- Made of 96% natural ingredients
- No harmful chemicals
- 100% vegan
10. Best Long-Lasting Hydration: Burt’s Bees Hydrating Overnight Mask
The Burt’s Bees Hydrating Overnight Mask replenishes moisture while you sleep and keeps your skin refreshed and hydrated. The refreshing blend of natural ingredients intensely hydrates the skin and leaves it feeling soft, smooth, and supple for up to 24 hours.
- Avocado Oil: It is rich in fatty acids that protect the skin’s natural moisture barrier. The anti-inflammatory properties of avocado oil calm itchy, chapped skin, and provide deep moisturization. The rich antioxidant profile protects the skin from free radical damage.
- Prebiotics: It helps in recalibrating the skin’s microbiome.
Skin Type: Dry to combination skin
- Dermatologically tested
- Long-lasting hydration
- Maintains the skin’s microbiome
- Overpowering fragrance
11. Best Non-Comedogenic: Freeman Anti-Stress Clay Facial Mask
The Freeman Anti-Stress Clay Facial Mask helps replenish and balance moisture without clogging the pores. It helps rejuvenate the skin. The aromatic blend of lavender and bergamot essential oils uplift one’s mood and leave them with a refreshed feeling.
- Dead Sea Minerals: Dead sea minerals help strengthen the skin tissues, maintain the chemical balance, stimulate blood circulation, and eliminate toxins from cells. The minerals also help protect the skin from environmental toxins.
- Dead Sea Salts: The anti-inflammatory properties of dead sea salts reduce skin irritation and soothe skin texture.
Skin Type: All skin
- Clears the skin
- Purifies pores
- Balances skin
12. Best Dermatologist-Tested: Vichy Mineral Double Glow Peel Face Mask
The Vichy Mineral Double Glow Peel Face Mask provides a double peel action to refine the skin texture. It reveals the skin’s fresh, luminous tone. The carefully selected natural ingredients are gentle on all skin types. They boost hydration and supply the essential nutrients to the skin tissue.
- Vichy Mineralizing Water: It contains a powerful blend of 15 minerals that strengthen the skin moisture barrier and protect the skin from environmental aggressors.
- Alpha-Hydroxy Acids: AHAs from natural plant extracts, including blueberry, sugar cane, maple sugar, orange, and lemon, provide a gentle exfoliation to slough out the dead skin cells. AHAs also unclog the pores and remove toxins.
- Volcanic Rock Particles and White Clay: Aids in exfoliating dead skin cells gently.
- Vitamin B3: Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide) works to prevent water loss from the skin, retains moisture, and improves skin texture.
Skin Type: All skin types
- Sensitive skin-tested
- Enhances skin barrier function
- Unpleasant smell
13. Best Antioxidant-Rich: Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Pre-Tox Peel Off Mask
The Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Pre-Tox Peel Off Mask is a dermatologically-tested formula rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from toxins. The unique natural extract gently exfoliates the skin, releases excess oil, grime, and impurities, and leaves skin feeling brighter and healthier.
- Blackberry Complex: It is rich in antioxidants that rejuvenate and protect the skin from chemical and environmental damage. It is highly nourishing and refines the skin to boost its radiance.
- Alpha-Hydroxy Acids: They gently exfoliate the skin, unclog the pores, and absorb excess oil.
Vitamin E: It protects the skin from free radicals.
Skin Type: Normal to oily skin
- Gentle exfoliator
- Renews the skin
- Rich in antioxidants
These are the 13 best drugstore face masks to buy online. But why should you buy and use them? We have discussed the same in the following section.
Reasons To Apply Facial Masks
- Relaxation: The elixir blend of essential oils and botanical extracts provides a relaxing effect on your skin. It stimulates the senses, boosts the sensory experience, and relaxes the mind for complete rejuvenation.
- Deep Cleansing: Cleansing each day is essential to remove dirt that might clog the pores. Regular cleansing only removes excess toxins from the upper layers of the skin. A good quality facial mask draws the impurities from the deeper layers of the skin.
- Unclogging Pores: Clogged pores lead to acne breakouts and blemishes, and leave skin dull and dehydrated. A face mask with activated charcoal, bentonite clay, and kaolin helps cleanse the pores by unclogging them.
- Glowing Skin: Facial masks help boost blood circulation, and their natural extracts restore skin radiance.
Let us now check the different types of facial masks available on the market.
Types Of Facial Masks
- Cream Mask: It can be either a rinse-off or peel-off mask. The rich creamy texture provides deep moisturization and reverses the signs of aging.
- Bubble Mask: It is essentially a cleansing mask that absorbs excess oil, dirt, and impurities. It contains perfluorocarbon that helps dissolve oxygen. Oxygen is pumped into the sheet mask or product under pressure. The mask is then sealed inside a pressurized package. Once you take the mask out and press it with your fingers right on your skin, you will see the pressurized oxygen forming bubbles. A bubble mask also contains foaming ingredients that unclog pores and deeply cleanse the skin.
- Sheet Mask: This is a face-shaped thin sheet mask with cut-out spaces for eyes, lips, and nose. It is coated and drenched with highly concentrated serums to plump the skin. This serum-infused sheet mask contours the face and gets easily absorbed into the skin’s renewing cells. It boosts skin glow.
- Clay Or Mud Mask: It is made of different types of clays viz. bentonite, kaolin, and activated charcoal to deeply cleanse the clogged pores. The suction power of these clays absorbs excess oil, sebum, and toxins for brighter skin.
- Gel Mask: This type of mask is suitable for sensitive skin to reduce acne breakouts. The cooling and soothing ingredients calm the irritation and reduce inflammation.
- Overnight Mask: Overnight masks are engineered to penetrate your skin as you sleep. Their thin films prevent dust and dirt from clogging the pores. The masks also seal the active ingredients in the skin for added nourishment.
You can check the following buying guide before making a purchase.
Choosing The Best Drugstore Facial Mask – A Buying Guide
- Skin Type
It is important to choose a face mask based on your skin type. The following guide may help you.
If you have dry, dehydrated skin, the invigorating blend of a hydrating formula prevents water loss from the skin and seals moisture. Look for products with emollients. Emollients help rehydrate dry, flaky skin. They act as a protective barrier and restore skin moisture.
Oily, Acne-prone Skin
Oily skin often clogs the pores, traps more dirt and impurities, and makes your skin favorable for acne-causing bacteria. Pick masks with ingredients that unclog pores, balance oil secretion, and dissolve impurities.
Choose a non-irritating mask that soothes your skin. It should contain anti-inflammatory and antibacterial ingredients like green tea, chamomile, and white tea that heal redness.
Pick a facial mask that is lightweight, rich in emollients, and that balances oil secretion. Pick products that contain hyaluronic acid that smoothens skin.
- Free From Chemicals: Facial masks often cause a tingling sensation. Pick a mask free from toxic chemicals.
There is no doubt that face masks are the ultimate therapy session for your skin. This is because they help restore the glow and radiance of your skin and do much more. Nowadays, many drugstore face masks are available with new and improved formulations. The Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is a natural and multipurpose clay for deep pore cleansing. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost HydroGel Mask packed with hyaluronic acid, delivers intense hydration for plumper, moisturized skin. The Bioré Charcoal Instant Warming Clay Mask has activated charcoal that absorbs excess oil and grime to give you clear skin. So whether you’re looking for acne-targeted, hydrating, glow-boosting, or brightening masks, there’s an option for you on the list. While choosing the best drugstore facial mask, consider your skin type, and read the packaging thoroughly to ensure that the mask is free from harsh chemicals and caters to your needs!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Oyendrila Kanjilal, the author, is a certified skin care coach with a frenzy to find new products that answer your skin care issues. If you are looking to hydrate and replenish your facial skin, leaving it glowing and healthy, she recommends using the above-listed face masks. She researched each of these products and their reviews across multiple platforms to curate this list. All the products listed here can be found at drugstores and have benefits such as skin-enriching ingredients, inflammation relief, intense moisturization, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are store-bought face masks effective?
Yes, they are. But before picking one, check for the right ingredients.
What is the best mask for blackheads?
A face mask that contains clay, dead sea salts, and botanical astringents help remove blackheads. The mask can remove blackheads by unclogging the pores
Should you moisturize your skin after using a face mask?
Yes, you must moisturize your skin after removing the face mask. A moisturizer hydrates your skin further.
Can you use two face masks in one day?
No. It always is recommended to use one face mask in a day.
Are drugstore face masks good?
Yes, drugstore face masks packed with skin-friendly and nourishing ingredients are good for your skin. They deeply cleanse your pores while reducing the appearance of acne and blemishes.
Is a face mask good for pregnancy?
Yes, some face masks are good for pregnancy. However, avoid face masks with retinol, salicylic acid, parabens, and sulfates, which may adversely affect pregnancy and cause hormonal imbalances.
Is a drugstore face mask good for rosacea?
Yes. Drugstore face masks that are scientifically formulated with soothing and hydrating ingredients make them good for rosacea.
Can you wear a face mask every day?
Yes, but it is recommended to wear a face mask thrice weekly.
How long do face masks stay good for?
Face masks stay good for one or two years after opening them. However, check the product expiration date before purchasing.
Do dermatologists recommend face masks?
Yes, dermatologists recommend skin-friendly face masks that soothe and soften your skin.
- Best Types Of Face Mask For Every Skin Type
- Top Drugstore Face Packs For Acne-Prone Skin
- Best Face Masks For Sensitive Skin – Reviews And Buying Guide
- Best Brightening Face Masks For Glowing Skin
- Best Hydrating Face Masks