We’ve all at some point in our lives looked a little pale and whitewashed. This is even more common if you live in a cold place where you receive little to no sunlight. Summer lasts only a few months in such areas, so it is possible that by the middle of November, you look pale and whitewashed. A warm skin tone is what most of us find attractive. It makes a person look healthier and glowy. So how do you maintain that bronzy look all year-long? The answer is self-tanners. These 15 drugstore self-tanners that we have put together are affordable and will leave you looking like you just holidayed in the Caribbean.
1. Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse
When the beach is miles away, and the sun refuses to show its face, this is the tanner you turn to. It instantly creates a natural tan that no one will believe you got from a bottle. It truly is a genie in a bottle as this air mousse works with your skin tone to create a tan that will best suit you. It has a tinted formula to help guide you and is super light and fresh. The color develops within an hour, and the tanner has a pleasant smell to it. It is available in light and deep bronze so you can take your pick.
- Airy light mousse
- Color develops in just 60 minutes of applying it
- Wash your hands after using it as it pigments your hands
2. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes
This convenient and easy-to-use tanner is about to become your new best friend! They come as individually wrapped towelettes, which means you can tan while on-the-go. They render a very natural bronze, which does not look like you fake-tanned at all. These towelettes are travel-friendly, and will give you a streak-free tan.
- Travel-friendly individually wrapped towelettes
- Imparts a naturally-tanned look
- This product contains alpha hydroxy acid that may increase the sensitivity of your skin to the sun.
3. Neutrogena Micromist Airbrush Sunless Spray
Do you want a professional tan? Then this is the tanning spray you need. This self-tanner gives your skin a professional airbrushed tan. By just spraying this tanner on, you will get a gorgeous glowing tan that is two shades darker than your skin tone. You no longer have to deal with the messiness of rubbing the tanner on and getting it on your hands. The ultra-fine mist gives you even coverage and a gorgeous tan all over your body. It is alcohol-free, comes infused with witch hazel to soothe your skin and is non-comedogenic and will not block up your pores.
- Easy hands-free experience
- Non-comedogenic and soothing to the skin
- Has a strong scent
4. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Serum
For a long-lasting, smooth, natural-looking tan, this is the serum you turn to. This luxurious golden serum delivers a gorgeous beachy tan that can last for upto two weeks. The serum glides over your skin and dries quickly, leaving it looking perfectly sun-kissed. The serum is lightweight and won’t clog up your pores. This product is excellent value for money.
- Gives your skin a streak-free tan
- Lightweight, long-lasting serum
- Strong fragrance
5. St. Tropez Self Tan Express Advanced Bronzing Mousse
If you’ve been craving an ultra even tan, then this velvety mousse tanner is what your bathroom cabinet lacks. You can choose how dark you want your tan when using this tanner. It develops in an hour, and the longer you keep it on, the darker it gets. It is made using a vegan-friendly formula and has a mood-boosting fragrance. It is quick-drying, non-sticky, and evenly fades without staining your clothes.
- Vegan-friendly formula
- Mood-boosting fragrance
- Quick-drying and non-sticky
- More expensive than other tanners
6. Sally Hansen AirBrush Legs Light Glow
If you’re looking for a tanner with great coverage, then this is the one for you. It effectively covers freckles, veins, and imperfections. What’s more, it even stimulates microcirculation in the legs for healthier and firmer looking calves and feet. Enriched with Palmaria extract, this tanner gives you an irresistible airbrushed look. With five shades to choose from, picking the right one for you was never easier!
- Transfer-resistant and waterproof
- Great coverage
- May need to be touched up after first application
7. Jergens Natural Glow +FIRMING Daily Moisturizer
For balanced tanning and firmer skin, trust this self-tanner. In just 7 days, you will notice that your skin has a natural-looking glow to it. That’s not all; the appearance of your cellulite would have also diminished. It is made from a blend of vitamin E and antioxidants that will help nourish your skin. The collagen and elastin in the product will also impart a smoother look.
- Nourishes skin
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite
- Hands must be washed properly after application as it may leave behind some color
8. Beauty By Earth Self Tanner
Welcome perfectly sun-kissed skin by incorporating this tanner into your beauty regimen. It is made from organic and natural ingredients and is vegan-friendly, which means that it is great for your skin and the environment. This tanner contains organic shea butter, coconut oil, and Japanese green tea that will make your skin feel pampered and nourished. With its buildable formula, you can reapply the lotion every other day to get a gradual sun-kissed look.
- Organic and natural ingredients
- The tan is buildable, which means that you can reapply to get the shade you desire
- The cream is not tinted, so it’s hard to make out where you have applied the product
9. Tan Physics True Color Sunless Tanner Formula 12
When you build a tan, it looks more natural, and that’s what you can attain with this self-tanner. It is made from natural ingredients such as citrus and aloe that help develop color and tints. It is formulated with exclusive anti-aging properties that moisturize and replenish your skin. For an authentic tan, this is the tanner you need right now.
- Natural and organic ingredients
- Moisturizes and hydrates skin
- Color doesn’t last long
10. Alba Botanica Sunless Tanner Lotion
Powered by botanicals, this self-tanner is non-streaking and super hydrating. It has a quick-absorb formula meaning that you will see a gentle tan on your skin in three hours. It is free from parabens and phthalates and is gentle on your skin. If you’re looking to pamper your skin while also tanning it, then this natural tanner is your best bet. With hydrating shea butter, moisturizing almond oil, and safflower oil, your skin is bound to feel nourished and look vibrant.
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Strong fragrance
11. St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse
Are you looking for an instant glow? Try this lightweight mousse tanner out. In just 60 seconds, it renders to your skin a gorgeous glow, and in about 4 hours, it develops into a long-lasting tan that lasts upto 10 days. It is made from a vegan-friendly formula that imparts a glowy streak-free tan that will fade evenly.
- Vegan-friendly formula
- Long-lasting tan
- Transfers onto clothes
12. Fake Bake Flawless Darker Self-Tan Liquid
This fast-absorbing formulated tanner is just what you need if you’re in a hurry and desperately in need of a tan. While sitting out in the sun eats up time and exposes you to the harmful UV rays, this tropical scented fake tan dries fast and gives you a glowy, sunkissed look in about 4-5 hours. You can either apply it in the morning and go about your day as usual or include it in your nighttime routine and lounge around in bed. It comes with a color guide and professional mitt for easy and hassle-free application.
- Comes with a professional mitt
- Fast-absorbing formula
- Strong tropical scent
13. Banana Boat Summer Color Self Tanning
With this tinted lotion, it is summer all year long! This self-tanning lotion contains aloe vera and vitamin E extract, so your skin looks and feels great. It is oil-free and streak-free, so you won’t have to worry about patchy tans. Its Self Adjusting Color colors your skin with a rich and luscious tan. This reef-friendly tanner is used without oxybenzone and octinoxate, and so you’re not harming the environment by using this tanner.
- Moisturizes and nourishes skin
- Streak-free and eco-friendly product
- Takes some time for the color to develop
14. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Hydrating Self-Tanning Milk
This hydrating tanning lotion will gradually deliver to your skin, a bronzy glow, making it look like you just came back from the tropics. It is formulated with vitamin E that will soften and nourish your skin. It is perfect for first-time self-tanners as it renders a streak-free glow and is easy to spread over the body.
- Easy to spread and streak-free
- Formulated with vitamin E
- Delivers a subtle tan
15. Sun Bum Natural Browning Lotion
This self-tanner is one of the best-kept secrets of the beauty world. It renders a fast, deep tan that will leave you looking radiant and sun-kissed. Made from a water-resistant formula that is reef-friendly, this self-tanner is infused with the goodness of aloe vera, Kona coffee plant extract, marula, argan, coconut, and avocado oil.
- Infused with the goodness of natural ingredients
- Must be rubbed in thoroughly to avoid brown patches
Want to look like a tropical beauty all year round? Try these best selling drugstore self-tanners in the market. They are great value for money, affordable, and will leave you looking sun-kissed. Let us know what you think in the comments section!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How long do self-tanners last?
Self-tanners typically last anywhere between 5 to 10 days, depending on your skin’s cycle.
Do self-tanners wash off?
If you shower soon after applying a self-tanner, then it will wash off. Most tanners tend to fade in a few days.
Latest posts by Ivanna Quilley (see all)
- Top 10 Best Foundations For Olive Skin Tone - February 26, 2020
- The 7 Best Permanent Makeup Machines Of 2020 - February 26, 2020
- 10 Best Coconut Oil-Based Products For Curly Hair - February 17, 2020
- 15 Best Drugstore Strong Hold Hairspray - February 17, 2020
- Daily Hair Care Routine To Prevent Excessive Hair Fall - February 11, 2020