Egypt is a land of great mysteries. With a rich cultural background and a colorful history, there is a lot to know about Egypt! Egyptian tattoos generally incorporate beautiful Egyptian symbols and hieroglyphs. Pyramids, mummies, The Sphinx and The Statue of Anubis are a few of the beautiful artefacts and monuments of ancient Egypt that are often seen inked on the skin of fanatics. The same enigma that engulfs Egypt surrounds these symbols and thus makes them very popular. Moreover, most of the Egyptian tattoos turn out to be cool and funky to look at, the result being most people getting them without knowing their true meaning!
Egyptian Tattoos And Meanings:
1. The Ankh:
[ Read: Devil Tattoo ]
2. The Udjat or The Eye:
[ Read: Trending Forearm Tattoos ]
3. The Shen Or The Endless Circle:
Hieroglyphs are symbols that represent the characters of the Egyptian language. They are not easy to read but beautiful to look at. They are a common form of Egyptian symbol tattoos.
[ Read: Samurai Tattoo ]
5. The Pharaoh:
[ Read: Safety Precautions When Getting a Tattoo ]
6. Egyptian Gods:
7. Cat Tattoos:
8. The Sphinx:
9. The Scarab Beetle:
Anubis, the god of the dead, is also a very common Egyptian tattoo. It has a catlike face and is black in colour.
Hope you found this article on Egyptian tattoos interesting! If you love ancient history, you should surely go for this kind of tattoos! Which one would you like to have? You can comment in the box below.
Tattoos can be an easy influence, give your tattoo idea sufficient time before you fix on it.
- Angelina Jolie’s Tattoos And Their Meanings
- Best Chinese Tattoo Designs – Our Top 10
- Best Breast Tattoo Designs – Our Top 10
- Top 15 Best Lip Tattoo Designs
- Top 10 Aztec Tattoo Designs
Latest posts by Khushboo Mehta (see all)
- 50 Red Carpet Hairstyles - November 7, 2013
- Top 10 Greek Hairstyles That You Can Try Right Now - October 4, 2013
- 45 Victoria Beckham Hairstyles – With Images - October 4, 2013
- 50 Best Hippie Hairstyles - October 4, 2013
- 50 Best Kim Kardashian Hairstyles - October 4, 2013