If you are a pro in the makeup world or just getting started, you must add some of the best e.l.f products out there to your vanity kit. Few cosmetics brands can set a benchmark and stick to their quality of products over the years and e.l.f (eyes lips face) is one of them. Be it their range of moisturizing lipsticks, natural-finish foundations and concealers, or highly-pigmented eye shadows, you name it and e.l.f has something for you enriched with its trademark cruelty-free and vegan formulations. Not only that, you get premium quality makeup products at a very affordable price as well. Phthalates-free and paraben-free, you know you are doing your face and skin real good when you use any of the e.l.f makeup products. Now with the many options available out there, we have curated the 13 best e.l.f products to help you get started!
Top 13 Of The Best e.l.f. Cosmetics Products For Face, Eyes, And Lips
1. Best Matte Finish: e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer
Prepare your skin to give your makeup long-lasting power with this Hydrating Face Primer. One among the best e.l.f. makeup products and America’s #1 primer, this creamy formula creates a flawless and smooth canvas for your makeup to adhere to. This extra layer between your skin and the powder will help make your makeup stay put all day long. Besides that, it also minimizes pores and gives your skin a radiating appearance. True to its name, this formula keeps your skin hydrated and fresh, thanks to the addition of ingredients such as grapes and vitamins A, C, and E.
- Boosts complexion
- Delivers a natural matte finish
- Hydrates and smoothes skin
- Doubles as a foundation
- Vitamin-infused formula
- Ensures long-lasting makeup look
- May have a strong smell
- Might take a long time to dry
2. Best Long-Lasting: e.l.f. High Definition Powder
Want to set and secure your base makeup while also blurring out fine lines and wrinkles? This High Definition Powder is your go-to. This loose powder formulation creates a soft-focus effect to minimize all the imperfections while lending your skin a smooth and illuminating finish. All you have to do is swirl a powder brush over this soft and translucent powder and apply it on your face and neck. You can use this powder on its own for a natural-looking finish or to set foundation and concealer.
- Versatile formula
- Lends a smooth finish
- Gives you a radiant complexion
- Conceals imperfections and fine lines
- Can also be used to highlight and contour
- May not work well for dry skin
- Might look ashy on some skin tones
3. Best For Glow: e.l.f. Baked Highlighter – Moonlight Pearls
Get a fresh, glowing skin and accentuated cheekbones with e.l.f. Baked Highlighter’s shimmering color. Award-winning products, this formula works exceptionally well for both wet and dry makeup applications. Apply it dry for a sheer wash of color or wet for a vibrant look. Not only does this product highlight your cheekbones, but it also enhances other facial features such as your brow bone, Cupid’s bow, and the inner corners of the eyes. In addition to giving your skin a luminous glow, this highlighter powder is enriched with vitamin E and jojoba, apricot, sunflower, grape, and rosehip oils that keep your skin nourished and hydrated for long.
- Shimmer finish
- Brightens complexion
- Available in 2 other colors
- Nourishing oils pamper your skin
- Ideal for wet and dry applications
- Lends sheer pigmentation when applied dry
- Might be difficult to get any product onto the brush or fingers
4. Best Multipurpose: e.l.f. Contour Palette
With this 4-shaded Contour Palette, you can contour, bronze, and highlight your cheeks, forehead, nose, and other facial features. This powder formula is easy to use and gives our face an extra definition. Featuring shades that range from light to medium, you can use a single shade or mix and match them to create a hue that is closest to your skin tone. Whether you prefer a dramatic or a natural look, with this customizable palette you can do it all.
- 4 shades
- Create a custom shade
- Contains vitamin E
- Nourishes skin
- Sculpts and brightens the face
- May not be pigmented enough
5. Best For All Skin Types: e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation
e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation can be an excellent addition to your list of makeup products. Suitable for all skin types, this liquid foundation evens out skin tone and texture, giving you a more smoothened and bright complexion. As the name suggests, this formula goes on smoothly and blends naturally to lend an undetectable flawless, natural semi-matte finish. This best-selling product is lightweight and oil-free, so rest assured it won’t leave a cakey or greasy texture on your face. Moreover, it provides full coverage that lasts all through the day. It is available in various shades and 3 undertones, making it easy for you to choose a tone that complements your skin.
- Full coverage
- Easy to blend
- Oil-free formula
- 40 shades and 3 undertones
- Suitable for all skin types
- Long-lasting semi-matte finish
- May not be suitable for extremely sensitive skin
6. Best Lightweight Formula: e.l.f. Daily Hydration Moisturizer
Make moisturizing your skin a routine and promote healthy and beautiful skin. Everyone knows moisturizing your face is essential if you want to keep skin problems at bay. So if you are ever thinking of buying a new moisturizer, do consider this option. With a small amount of e.l.f. Daily Hydration Moisturizer, you can keep your skin hydrated for long. It is formulated with purified water, skin-nourishing ingredients like jojoba, aloe, and vitamin C, and antioxidants such as shea butter and grape. This formula soothes your skin and locks in moisture to give you smooth and supple skin.
- Lightweight formula
- Lightly scented
- Soothes and protects your skin
- Provides deep nourishment
- Absorbs into the skin easily
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin
7. Best Oil Balancing Formula: e.l.f. 16HR Camo Concealer
Whether you want to conceal your dark circles or mask your acne scars, this 16HR Camo Concealer has got you covered. It comes with a large doe-foot applicator that ensures even and accurate makeup application and maximum coverage. All while the creamy formula goes on easily and blends smoothly to dry into a matte finish. It is highly pigmented, delivers a 16-hour full coverage, and settles into your skin without cracking or creasing. This concealer can also be used as a highlighter and contouring product.
- 16-hour wear
- Oil-balancing formula
- Intensely pigmented
- Ideal for all skin types
- Available in different shades
- Does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles
- Might have a thick consistency
8. Best Cruelty-Free: e.l.f. Ultimate Blending Brush
The key to achieving a flawless makeup look is by getting the product to blend smoothly, and this becomes a hundred times easier with this large, fluffy brush. With its dome-shaped head and densely packed bristles, this blending makeup brush picks up the right amount of product and presses it into the grooves of your face for even and maximum coverage. All while the thick handle offers an excellent grip for easy maneuverability. The bristles are made of ultra-fine synthetic fibers that are cut, shaped, and put together by skilled artisans. This brush is so soft that it can be used to blend out any formula, be it liquid, mousse, or powder.
- Ensures easy blending
- Helps to build coverage
- Large dome-shaped head
- Easy to maneuver
- 100% animal hair-free synthetic bristles
- Can be used to blend blush, foundation, and bronzer
- Tends to shed
9. Best Smudge-Proof: e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner – Black
Looking for a high-quality eyeliner that does not burn a hole in your wallet? Turn to this e.l.f. Black Liquid Eyeliner. This liquid liner is easy to use as it includes a fine tip brush that delivers neat and precise lines and provides a defined look without tugging or pulling your eyelid skin. Plus, the color is highly pigmented, lending a rich black finish that stays put for long. Whether you prefer a natural eye makeup look or bold, think effect, this eyeliner can do it all. Since this is a smudge-proof formula, you can go for long without re-applications and touch ups.
- Easy to use
- Gentle formula
- Creates defined lines
- Features a fine tip brush
- May have a watery consistency
- Might take several coats to get a visible black line
10. Best Hydrating: e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick – Pink Minx
Whether you have chapped lips all-year-round or experiencing dry, flaky lips due to the cold weather, it can be difficult to maintain a smooth, kissable pout. To combat that, you need to use a lipstick with additional benefits, such as this e.l.f. Moisturizing Lipstick. Loaded with vitamins and shea butter, this highly moisturizing formula hydrates and nourishes your dry lips while delivering a satiny finish and luminous shine. This super velvety formula feels like butter when applied on your lips and wears all day comfortably.
- Hydrating formula
- Velvety, satin texture
- Glides easily
- Rich, creamy formula
- Available in 5 other colors
- Might be too sparkly for some
This Illuminating Eye Cream is exactly what your dull, puffy under eyes need to perk back up. Thanks to the nourishing blend of skin-loving ingredients like vitamin E, cucumber, and jojoba, this water-based cream will instantly hydrate the delicate skin around your eyes to eliminate puffiness while also reducing dark circles. This formula will illuminate your eyes and make you look refreshed. You can use this cream morning and night and apply it over your eyelids to soothe the skin.
- Rich formula
- Minimizes dark circles
- Deeply hydrates skin
- Infused with purified water
- Recommended for under-eye area and eyelids
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin and eyes
e.l.f. Clay Eyeshadow Palette in Necessary Nudes will help you achieve any look you want – be it a neutral look during the day or bold, glittery eyes during the night. This eyeshadow palette features 5 shades (shimmer and matte) that are compatible with one another, making it easy to custom create a shade according to your mood. The powders are silky smooth in texture and blend easily onto your eyelid. What’s the best thing about this eyeshadow? It is formulated with Kaolin Clay that ensures the color stays on for long hours.
- Long-lasting wear
- 5 shades
- Pigment-rich formula
- Contains Kaolin Clay
- Brightens and defines eyes
- Might be too powdery
13. e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit
There is nothing more relaxing than putting your feet up and chilling with a face mask on, isn’t it? At least, we think so! Face masks make your skin look better, and some of them can also have a calming effect on you. So, if your skin needs some serious detox, look no further than this! e.l.f. Beauty Shield Magnetic Mask Kit is the perfect solution for purifying your skin. This kit contains a magnetic mask, a magnet wand, and 20 magnet wand covers. The iron-based mask and magnetic wand combined together help remove surface impurities and minimize the appearance of pores. The formula is also enriched with vitamins C and E, carrot seed oil, sunflower seed oil, and argan oil, which rejuvenate your skin, leaving it soft, clean, and refreshed.
- Extracts impurities
- Softens and brightens skin
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins
- Magnet covers ensure mess-free removal
- The magnet wand includes a scoop-like end
- Keeps skin protected against pollutants
- Might be difficult to remove
- May leave an oily film on your face.
Before you decide to add some these e.l.f. Cosmetics to your beauty arsenal, let us take you through the list and help you understand the different makeup products of the brand.
Best Beauty Products From e.l.f. Cosmetics Of 2020 – A Buying Guide
What Are The Different e.l.f. Products
- Primer: A primer is one of the most essential beauty products as it creates a smooth surface for the rest of your makeup to adhere to. We believe it is a vital step in your makeup routine that you should miss. It makes your skin soft and makeup last longer. No matter what your skin type, e.l.f. has a primer for you, whether its squalene-infused primer that helps minimize pores or a moisturizing formula that keeps your skin hydrated and supple.
- Foundation: The brand has foundations in various formulations, finishes, and coverage to help you achieve your desired look. Make sure to choose the right foundation shade and type that matches your skin tone and texture.
- Concealer: e.l.f. has all types of concealers that can skillfully hide imperfections, dark circles, and acne and correct skin discoloration. Whether you want a sheer or full coverage depends on how much and what you want to cover up.
- Face Powder: Similar to a primer, a face powder helps makeup stay on for longer. e.l.f. Face powders come in different finishes such as matte, semi-matte, and glowy. If you want any skincare benefits, you could choose from oil-absorbing or hydrating formulas.
- Blushes/Bronzers: Blushes and bronzers can elevate your look to a whole new level. Use blush to enhance your cheekbones and add a healthy flush of color on your face, and a bronzer to give your skin a sun-kissed effect. The brand has bronzers that can give you a subtle appearance or even a shimmery look. As for blushes, they come in both sticks and powders.
- Eyeshadow: The brand’s eyeshadows are available in so many different shades and finishes, so there is something for everyone. If you want to add a little pizzazz to your look, opt for the liquid glitter eyeshadow. And for days when you want something neutral, eyeshadow palettes in nude tones work best.
- Mascara: Mascara can make or break your look, so it’s essential to choose a formula based on your eyelash type and what effect you want to create. e.l.f. has all mascara types, from lash extending to volumizing to curling formulas.
- Brushes: Much like their other products, e.l.f. makeup brushes are affordable and good quality. They have brushes in every shape and size, such as smokey eye brush, Kabuki face brush, small tapered brush, and fan brush, among others.
Whether you’re a minimalist who loves to keep their makeup neutral at all times or you are someone who loves experimenting with bold makeup, e.l.f. Cosmetics has a product for everyone. Besides being pocket-friendly, the brand prides itself on being guilt-free since it does not use toxic chemicals that can be harmful to your skin. And their products are also non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. Which of these products made their way into your makeup kit? Do let us know in the comments below!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Chaitra Krishnan, is an avid makeup enthusiast who loves reviewing different products. She has curated a list of the best beauty products from e.l.f. cosmetics after researching, checking reviews, and trying some of the products out herself. This list is for all those keen on using premium-quality makeup products at affordable prices. These products will hydrate and lend a smooth finish to your skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How good is e.l.f. Cosmetics? Are the products toxic?
e.l.f. Cosmetics is a makeup and skincare brand that is mainly known for providing high-quality products to consumers at a budget-friendly price. Plus, all their products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free, which means do not test on animals and don’t contain animal-derived ingredients.
All of the products do not contain any of the nasty stuff that might be bad for your skin. They are free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, hydroquinone, triclocarban, triclosan, and nonylphenol ethoxylates. So to answer the latter part of the question, we can safely say that the products are not toxic. But some products might contain certain ingredients that may not work for individuals with sensitive skin.
Do e.l.f. products expire?
Yes, of course. Much like any other makeup brand, e.l.f. products also come with an expiry date. The expiry date may vary depending on the product.
Does Ulta carry e.l.f. products?
Yes, e.l.f. products have been available in Ulta’s online store since 2017.
Are e.l.f. products gluten-free?
Although the brand does not use gluten or beeswax in their products, they do not promise whether the machinery used to manufacture the products is free of gluten.
Are e.l.f. products paraben-free?
Yes, the products are paraben-free and do not contain any other toxic chemicals.
Are e.l.f. brushes good?
Yes, the brushes are good in that they are soft and work efficiently. Moreover, they are 100% animal hair-free. They are made of Taklon, which is a synthetic and anti-bacterial fiber material.
Why is e.l.f. so affordable?
The term cheap does not equal low-quality products. e.l.f. prides itself on producing high-quality products at an affordable price. The reason the products are cheap is because of its minimalistic packaging, and the fact that the brand does not spend on advertising or brand endorsements. When the brand was launched, they started off with inexpensive products that gained them a lot of consumers and popularity. Now that they have so many customers, the brand can afford to churn out good quality products for low prices.
What e.l.f. products are Jeffree Star-approved?
Not all, but some products are Jeffree Star-approved, such as the baked highlighter. Star is a popular YouTuber who does makeup reviews, and any product that gets his seal of approval is said to be good.
Is e.l.f. made in China?
Yes, e.l.f. products are made overseas, mainly in China. But they do not sell their products in China due to their cruelty-free policy.
- Effective Ways To Moisturize Your Skin Naturally
- How To Keep Your Skin Hydrated
- How To Take Care Of Dry Skin: Best Tips To Seal Moisture
- How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner Like A Pro – Beginner’s Tutorial And Tips