It is not always possible to hit the gym or go out to get some exercise. Investing in indoor exercise equipment, such as exercise bikes, looks like a one-stop solution.
Stationary bikes or exercise bikes are a great way to do cardiovascular workouts in the comfort of your home. Whether you are someone who cannot skip your exercise routine or someone who loves to exercise anywhere but the gym, an indoor exercise bike is undoubtedly an excellent option. If you are planning to buy one, here, we have rounded up the top-rated and the best exercise bikes with complete details. Take a look.
The Top 15 Exercise Bikes of 2020
This exercise bike can support up to 300 lbs of weight, which is more than any other regular exercise bikes available on the market. It has a large seat, so people of any body shape and size can use this bike easily. It doesn’t make any noise while you use it. It has an LCD display where you can see your time, speed, calories burned, and the distance covered.
- 8-level magnetic tension control
- Hand pulse sensor
- Pedal straps are not durable.
- Mileage resets after 999.9 miles.
This recumbent stationary bike has a compact design that easily fits into small spaces. It has an adjustable, padded seat, so people of any height can use it comfortably. It comes with an LCD display that shows the time, speed, distance, and calories. It also has adjustable resistance with eight levels of resistance. The foam covered handles offer extra support to the back and arms while exercising. The pedals are designed to provide maximum foot support.
- Pedals have safety straps
- Recumbent handlebars
- Transport wheels for easy movement.
- Assembling the bike may be a bit troublesome.
This stationary exercise bike has a heavy-duty steel frame construction that can support weight up to 300 lbs. This bike comes with Bluetooth smart cloud fitness. You can connect it to the MyCloudFitness app to manage the reading and keep track of your workout goals. It has a smooth torque cranking system that helps to keep the pedaling motion smooth and consistent. The large seat and backrest make it convenient for users of all sizes.
- Large seats and backrest
- Hand pulse for heart rate monitoring
- Leg stabilizers prevent movement while exercising.
- Has a phone holder
- Assembling it is tedious.
This exercise bike has an X-frame design, which is easy to fold and doesn’t take much space. The seat is large and anatomically designed. It has multi-grip handlebars that support you while using the bike. It has eight levels of manual resistance that you can easily control through its dial knob. It is a great budget option for small spaces.
- 3-piece pedal crank offers added durability.
- Adjustable strap foot pedals
- Console powered by 2AA batteries
- No button to turn off the console.
This bike is supported by a heavy-duty flywheel, steel frame, and crank that make it really sturdy. Its resistance system gives you a realistic riding-on-a-road feeling. It has an adjustable seat attached to a knob that helps to move it in any direction you want to. This helps to maintain a comfortable position while you work out.
- Adjustable multi-grip handlebar
- Has a bottle holder
- Doesn’t make any noise
- Transportation wheels
- The distance between seat and handlebars is not comfortable for short people.
This is a stationary upright bike that has a 14-gauge steel tube frame, which makes it extremely sturdy. Its magnetic resistance has eight levels of difficulty that can be adjusted with a tension knob to meet your fitness levels. The adjustable seat can accommodate people of any height and frame. The pedals are ergonomically designed to support your movements.
- Ergonomic design
- Has transport wheels
- Has counterbalance pedals to provide foot support and control
- Continuous manual resistance
- The seat may not feel comfortable.
This bike has a comfortably padded seat that can be adjusted in four ways. It has a 22 lb flywheel with high inertia and resistance that helps you control your riding pace easily. Its chain drive mechanism ensures a smooth ride. It can support up to 220 lbs of weight. The rubber foam paddle handlebars help in extending the duration of your workout. The toe clip pedals with straps prevent your feet from slipping.
- Digital monitor
- Transportation wheels
- Felt pad resistance
- Handlebars are a bit tough to adjust.
- Speedometer auto-resets often.
This stationary exercise bike has a contoured seat with forearm rests. The handlebars are ergonomically designed and feature heart rate grip sensors. It has a 3-piece crank and a water bottle holder and also features 25 levels of computer-aided resistance. This bike has quick keys to 12 profiles and 9 heart rate programs and supports up to four user profiles. It has a sturdy frame that can support weight up to 300 pounds.
- Dual track LCD screen
- Built-in speaker with USB port
- Bluetooth connectivity
- No numeric value for heartbeat
- Tough to install
This is an SGS certified bike and has a 35 lbs bidirectional flywheel with felt pads that give stability to the bike. It has a solid leather transmission belt with TPI bearing. This makes the bike much more sturdy. The bike has a monitor display counter where you can check your speed, distance, calories, etc. The caged foot pedal has an adjustable cover that prevents slipping.
- Transportation wheels
- Anti-skidding handlebar
- Horizontal adjustment
- 4-way adjustable seat
This bike has 220 lbs of weight capacity. It has a heart pulse sensor that helps you monitor your heart rate. It has a compact design that can be folded easily and is best for you if you have a small space. This bike has eight levels of magnetic tension control and is ergonomically designed. It has an adjustable cushioned seat.
- Transportation wheel
- 3-piece crank system
- Quiet operation
- 1-year warranty
- The seat may not be comfortable for long rides.
This stationary bike is great for those who have mobility issues and for the elderly. The pedals are adjustable, so you do not have to lift your feet too much to use it. This stationary bike has eight calibrated magnetic resistance, so it doesn’t make noise. This portable under-desk cycle has a 5-function LCD display where you can check your speed, distance, calories, and time.
- Patented magnetic resistance mechanism
- Quiet operation
- Smooth pedal motion
- The digital LCD may malfunction.
This multi-functional exercise bike has a premium steel frame and is constructed with 14 gauge steel tube, which makes it durable. Another advantage of this exercise bike is that it has an innovative resistance system that involves a fan instead of a flywheel. This fan helps to increase the resistance when you pedal faster. You can adjust the seat in this bike to maintain a proper body posture while pedaling.
- Transport wheels
- Adjustable seat
- Adjustable levelers
- 2 years warranty
- A few parts may not be durable.
This bundle includes the indoor cycle, stretch pads, media tray, floor mat, and a polar heart rate monitor. This cycle has a V-shaped design that is close to the road-bike frame. It is a Bluetooth-enabled device that enables you to connect it with the Keiser M Series app to get a real-time graph and monitor your heart rate and other parameters.
- Compatible with multiple apps
- No noise
- Smooth operation
- The seat is a bit hard.
This is a professional indoor cycling bike with an AV type frame and 35 lbs flywheel. It can support 20 lbs weight. It has a 2-way adjustable handlebar and a 4-way adjustable seat that can accommodate users of different heights and weights. It has a resistance knob that allows you to adjust the intensity of your workout. The best part is it comes with a 1-year free replacement for all of its parts.
- Digital monitor
- Dual transportation wheels
- Comes with a tablet holder
- The seat is hard (needs a seat cover).
This magnetic resistance bike has an angled backrest and a sturdy frame made of steel. It comes with a multi-function electronic display and has both upper hand and lower foot pedals. This allows you to get a full-body exercise. The seat is adjustable and padded, making your workout sessions comfortable. This stationary cycle is great for cardiovascular fitness and upper and lower body toning.
- Adjustable magnetic resistance
- Multi-function monitor
- Pulse sensor
- Textured pedals with straps
- Pedal straps become loose.
A stationary exercise bike is an excellent choice for those who love to work out at home. There are several benefits of having a stationary exercise bike at home. Check them out.
Benefits Of Stationary Bike Workout
- It Helps Boost Cardiovascular Health: Aerobic exercise is excellent for boosting your cardiovascular health. It helps improve blood circulation and oxygen flow in your body.
- It May Helps With Weight Loss: Although weight loss depends on the intensity of the workout and other factors, an indoor cycle can assist in quick calorie burning.
- Good For Low-Impact Workout: A low-impact workout mainly focuses on strengthening your muscles without hurting your joints and bones. A stationary cycle is the best way to do low-impact workouts.
- Strengthens Your Muscles: Pedaling helps strengthen the muscles of the legs and lower body. It can also help work your core muscles.
When buying an exercise bike, there are several points that you should consider.
What To Consider Before Picking An Exercise Bike
- Style: Exercise bikes are of three types – recumbent, upright, and spinning. Pick a style that you feel is good for you and meets your expectations.
- Weight Of The Flywheel: More flywheel weight means comfortable and smooth rides. However, bikes with more flywheel weights are usually expensive. If you are a beginner, stick to a weight between 15-22 pounds. Advanced riders may opt for more weight.
- Programming Of The Bike: Check the display option along with resistance options and the basic measurements. Also, check for features like calories, heart rate monitoring, etc.
Depending on your fitness level and workout goals, you may pick a bike that meets all your needs. Here are the options that are available.
Different Types Of Exercise Bikes
- Recumbent Bike: These bikes have a wider seat and allow you to sit in a reclined position. Recumbent bikes support your body and put less stress on it. They are ideal for less intense workouts and for those who have mobility and joint issues.
- Upright Bikes: These bikes are similar to regular bikes and are the most common type of stationary bikes. They are great for cardio workouts and help strengthen your core and leg muscles. These bikes can be used both sitting and standing. However, the smaller seats may get uncomfortable for longer workout sessions.
- Spinning Bikes: These bikes are meant for high-intensity workouts. They have adjustable handlebars, so you get a full-body workout. The body position on this bike mimics your body position on a regular bike. It has heavy flywheels, so you burn more calories with an intense workout.
You have to be extremely careful when using a stationary bike or while working out. Here are some tips you can follow when using a stationary bike.
A Few Tips To Follow While Using Exercise Bike
- Maintain the balance, or you may fall off the bike and injure yourself.
- Do not push too hard because you might develop muscle fatigue or an injury due to the repetitive motion.
- Maintain proper body posture. You may also ask a professional trainer for help.
- If exercising in a group, do not feel pushed to keep up with the other people’s pace. Maintain your own pace, and do not drain your muscles out.
- Always consult a doctor before using an exercise bike, especially if you have heart or blood pressure-related issues.
Exercise bikes are a great way to maintain your fitness levels at home. Apart from cardiovascular benefits, stationary bikes help tone your muscles and strengthen them. Make sure to follow the rules of exercising on a bike so that you do not get injured. Choose any of the above-listed exercise bikes and get cycling!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Can you lose fat by riding a stationary bike?
Stationary bikes may help you shed calories. However, for weight loss, you may need to follow an exercise routine and a proper diet.
How many times a week should I use my exercise bike?
You may do it regularly as per your stamina levels or as guided by your professional trainer.
- 10 Best Mini Exercise Bikes Of 2020
- 4 Best Aqua Bikes In The Market Right Now
- Top 20 Home Gym Equipment You Should Consider Buying For Your Gym
- Best Home Gym Equipment – 2020
- Top 10 Weight Loss Machines You Should Try Out
Latest posts by Ramona Sinha (see all)
- Reasons Your Skin Gets Itchy At Night: Remedies And Prevention - April 15, 2021
- 16 Best Face Serums For Anti-Aging And Glowing Skin 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Transitioning To Natural Hair: 10 Easy Tips - April 11, 2021
- Hair Weaves: Everything You Need To Know - April 7, 2021
- 11 Best Toners For Oily Skin – 2021 - March 31, 2021