Are your neck muscles too tight? Do you often go through a tough time while trying to sit straight? Then you probably must do something to improve your neck posture.
On that note, there are some effective exercises that can help you treat your condition. Are you interested in knowing what they are? Keep reading!
6 Best Neck Posture Exercises
1. Chin Retractions
Chin retractions is an advanced exercise and definitely helps you improve your range of motion. For this, you will only have to lie down on your bed and stay a little patient.
- Once you are lying down, bend your knees first.
- Now look up towards the ceiling and make sure your nose is perpendicular to the ceiling.
- Start nodding your head slowly, but try not to move your neck. Please remember that the movement shouldn’t be fast at all. The slower, the better.
- Bring your nose back to the vertical position once again and do the same exercise at least ten times.
- When you are comfortable with the exercise, push it up to 20 times.
- Do around 2 to 3 sets.
2. Shoulder Blade Squeezes
A few shoulder blade exercises could also help you improve your neck posture. For this, you will only require a chair. Make sure you are seated straight with your knees bent at a 90-degree angle. The whole purpose of the exercise will help you raise the chest region that will ultimately improve your head and neck posture. You will be able to look straight.
- The first thing you need to do is let go of your shoulders and just drop them. Your arms can also hang by your side.
- Next, squeeze both the shoulder blades together. Hold for a couple of seconds. Now release gently. Hold for a couple of seconds. Release.
- This completes one rep. Repeat around 10 times.
3. Advanced Cobra Exercise
This exercise will strengthen your neck as well as upper back. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your head facing downwards.
- You can place your nose and forehead on a piece of cloth in order to feel comfortable.
- Your arms and hands should be by your side.
- Now bring your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
- Pinch both your shoulder blades and lift both your hands upwards.
- Next, you will have to raise your thumbs up and gently roll in both your elbows.
- Push your forehead upwards and keep your eyes towards the floor itself.
- Hold yourself in that position for a couple of seconds.
- Do 10 repetitions.
4. Head Drops
Head drops are actually pretty good for improving neck posture. They also relieve any kind of sickness or head pain you could be experiencing at this point. You can sit on a chair or just stand up in order to do this one.
- Move your head upwards at first and push it backwards as much as you can.
- Come back to the neutral position.
- Repeat this exercise around 10 times and do it twice.
5. Side Bends
Side bends are also good for the neck. It is one the simplest exercises that can definitely help you improve neck posture over time. Here is how you should go about it:
- Bring your right hand and place it on the top of your head.
- Now push your head in the right direction with the help of your hand until you feel a stretch.
- Stop when you have to. Now return to a neutral position.
- Repeat 5 times.
You must do the rotation exercise on a regular basis in order to improve neck posture and strengthen the neck muscles. Here is an idea on how you should go about it.
- When you are seated on a chair, bring your head into a retraction position.
- Turn your head diagonally towards the right so that your nose is over the shoulder.
- Bring it back to the neutral position.
- Now repeat this exercise for the next 5 minutes.
- Continue on both sides.
- Take a break when you have to.
This brings us to the end of the post. Now that you know how to improve neck posture, what are you waiting for? We are hoping these simplified and basic exercises will definitely help you improve your neck posture over time.
How did you like this post? Have you tried any of these neck posture exercises before? If not, do so right away. Also tell us about your experiences in the comment box below. We would love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Naomi (see all)
- 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Quercetin - September 7, 2015
- 7 Remarkable Ways Tapioca Can Benefit You - August 26, 2015
- 3 Best Exercises For Hiatal Hernia - August 6, 2015
- Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For High Blood Pressure - August 5, 2015
- 3 Amazing Benefits And 2 Side Effects Of Tartaric Acid - July 31, 2015