Do you wish you had perkier and firmer breasts? Well, you can achieve this through surgery or investing in a good push-up bra. Another way of doing it is through exercise.
As you age, the skin covering your breasts loses its thickness and elasticity (1). The ligaments in your breasts (Cooper’s ligaments) can stretch out and are further strained and stretched by gravity, causing your breasts to droop.
Hormonal changes, sudden weight loss, or pregnancy can also affect the size and shape of your breasts (2).
Try out the following best breast lifting exercisesthat can help build and tone your pectoral muscles and give your bust a lift.
Best Exercises To Lift Breasts Naturally
1. Dumbbell Bench Press
This is an effective breast lifting exercise that mainly focuses on the chest muscles.
- Lie on your back on a bench, holding a dumbbell in each hand. Your palms should be facing your feet.
- Bring your legs down to the floor if they are high up in the air.
- Breathe deeply and push the dumbbells above your chest by extending your elbows until your arms are straight.
- Bring the dumbbells back down.
- Strengthen your core and push them up again.
- Do 10-12 reps.
This exercise is very effective for your pectoral muscles. Push-ups are great not only for your abs and biceps but also the chest.
- Get into the plank position.
- Your palms should be flat, facing the floor, and the elbows bent and shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows and let your chest touch the floor. The upper arms should be at a 45-degree angle with the floor.
- Push back to the starting position.
- Repeat at least 20 times.
3. Push-ups With Medicine Ball
These are similar to the standard push-ups but are done with a medicine ball. This exercise works on the chest muscles and core.
- Get into the standard push-up position, and instead of placing the palms on the floor, place them on a medicine ball.
- Ensure that the medicine ball is beneath your chest. Hold it firmly with both hands. Your body should form a straight line from the ankles to the shoulders.
- Lower your body, engage your core, and ensure your chest touches the medicine ball. Hold this position.
- Return to the original position by stretching your arms. Do not release the medicine ball.
- Do not bend your knees. Ensure your entire body is balanced on your toes.
- Do 20 reps.
4. Wall Push-ups
This exercise helps to strengthen the shoulder and chest muscles. It is a very simple exercise to lift your breast naturally.
- Stand 2 feet away from a wall, facing it.
- Place your palms on the wall, shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your elbows and lean toward the wall until your chest touches it.
- Push back to the starting position.
- Do 4 to 5 sets of 20 reps.
5. Inverted Wall Push-Up
This is a complete chest exercise to strengthen and tone the pectoral muscles.
- Place your feet close to the wall and keep your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Walk your feet up along the wall until you achieve the desired angle for a push-up. Your body should be in a straight line from the ankles to the ears.
- Lower your chest and chin in a push-up posture.
- Extend your arms and push yourself back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
6. Dumbbell Fly
It strengthens the upper body muscles, mainly the pectoral muscles.
- Lie on your back on a bench, resting your upper back completely. Your torso should be parallel to the ground, knees bent, and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Tighten your core, inhale deeply, and lift your arms above the chest. Your palms must be facing each other.
- Bend your elbows softly and lower the dumbbells such that your hands are in line with your chest.
- Lift the dumbbells on the way back up.
- Repeat 20 times.
7. Chest Pass
The chest pass is yet another exercise you can do at home for perkier breasts.
- Lie on your back on the floor.
- Hold a medicine ball with both hands and place it on your chest.
- Keep the abs engaged and throw the ball high up.
- Catch it with your arms straightened.
- Bring it back to your chest.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps each.
8. Rear Lateral Raise
The rear lateral raise can help sculpt your arms. It is also a great chest workout.
- Stand straight and keep your feet close to each other.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stretch your hands forward.
- Bend your knees and move your hips backward until your torso is parallel to the floor.
- Raise your arms straight out toward the sides.
- Pause and then come back to the starting position.
9. Elbow Squeezes
The elbow squeeze is one of the easiest breast lift exercises to do. It works your chest muscles and makes them firm and smooth. You will need dumbbells for this exercise.
- Stand straight. Bend forward slightly and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Raise the dumbbells such that the upper arms are parallel to the floor, and the elbows are directly under the wrists.
- Bring the elbows and arms towards the midline of the body. Do not allow the weights to drop.
- Squeeze them for a few seconds and open your arms wide again.
- Come back to the starting position.
- Do this 15 times.
10. Medicine Ball Superman
This is done with a body solid medicine ball and isone of the best breast firming exercises that involves the pectoral and core muscles.
- Lie down on your stomach, stretching your arms overhead to hold a medicine ball firmly. Your legs should be stretched, and the toes should touch the ground.
- Inhale deeply, engage your core and chest muscles to lift your head, hands, and legs simultaneously, and lift the medicine ball off the ground.
- Do not strain your neck. Put your head up and look forward.
- Hold the posture for 10 seconds and drop the ball, head, hands, and legs.
- Do 20 reps.
11. Incline Dumbbell Chest Press
This is an effective exercise to lift sagging breasts by toning the upper pectoral muscles.
- Adjust the bench in an inclined position at an angle of 30-45 degrees.
- Lie on yourback on the bench with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells in your hands. Exhale and push them straight up, directly over the chest. Ensure that your wrists are straight. The dumbbells should almost touch each other, and your arms must be perpendicular to the floor.
- Hold for a few seconds, and pull them back to your chest.
- Do 3 sets of 3 reps.
12. Barbell Bench Press
This is a popular upper body toning exercise that utilizes the muscles of the chest, shoulders, and triceps. Use a low-weight barbell to make your breasts perkier.
- Lie back on a bench and place your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a barbell across your chest with the arms slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
- Engage the core and chest muscles and push the barbell up from the chest, stretching your arms fully.
- Hold it for a few seconds and return to the starting point.
- Repeat 3 times for 15 counts each.
13. Dumbbell Pullover
All the pectoral muscles are fully involved in pulling over a dumbbell.
- Lie on a bench and walk forward a few steps until youare at a 90-degree angle with the bench. Rest your shoulder blades on the bench. Keep your back straight, knees bent at 90 degrees, and feet flat on the floor.
- Grasp the dumbbell with both hands and hold it straight above the chest.
- Keeping your arms straight and bending at the shoulders, lower the dumbbells in an arc behind your head.
- Inhale andfeel the stretch in the chest.
- Bring the dumbbell back to the starting position using the same arc through which it was lowered and exhale.
- Repeat the same for 12 counts for 2-3 times.
14. Butterfly Machine
This exercise strengthens the core pectoral muscles.
- Adjust the machine as per your sitting height and rest your back on the back pad.
- Hold the handles such that your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
- Push the handles together, breathing out slowly to squeeze your chest muscles fully.
- Inhale and return to the starting position by extending your chest muscles fully.
- Do 3 sets of 12 reps each.
15. Cable Oblique Twist
The primary muscles involved in this exercise are the abdominal muscles, the obliques, the hip flexors, and the pectoral muscles.
- Set the handle of the cable pulley to the height of your shoulder.
- Grab the handle with both hands, creating tension in the cable.
- Stand on the right side of the machine and grab the attachment with both hands, shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your knees slightly bent, and engaging your core and chest muscles, pull the cable towards your left, extending your arms.
- Turn your upper body from the right to the left.
- Pause and return to the starting point.
- Practice 10 reps on each side and repeat from left to right for 3 sets each.
16. Cable Crossover
This is an excellent exercise to tone your pectoral muscles.
- Set the handles of the pulleys of the machine on both sides to the highest levels.
- Stand in the center of the machine. Ensure your feet are shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your torso at the waist and step forward while you pull the handles in front of the chest, across the body. Make sure your core is engaged, your spine is neutral, and your back is straight. Your elbows should be slightly bent, and the wrists should face the floor.
- Inhale and stretch your arms until you feel a nice stretch in your chest muscles.
- Exhale and come back to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps each.
17. Travelling Plank
The plank is an effective exercise to increase your overall body strength. This exercise helps in toning the pectoral muscles.
- Lie down on your stomach, keeping your knees bent and feet flat. Your elbows should be directly beneath your shoulders,
- the forearms on the ground, and the feet hip-width apart.
- Tighten your core and glute muscles. Lift your abs and hips toward the ceiling. Ensure they are in a straight line with the shoulders. Assume the plank position.
- Crawl forward in the plank position by lifting your right leg and the left arm. Make sure the palms are facing down, and the forearms are relaxed while lifting. Flex and extend your ankles to propel your body forward.
- Repeat with the other arm and leg as well.
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps each.
18. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
This is an excellent exercise to tighten your chest muscles.
- Lie down flat on your stomach with your face down. Extend your arms overhead.
- Pull your hands toward the body, with the palms facing the floor. Place them under the shoulders and close to your chest.
- Relax your feet and buttock muscles while pressing the tailbone and lift your torso from the shoulders.
- Breathe normally. Hold for a few seconds and repeat.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps each.
19. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
It helps to shape the breasts, improve blood circulation, and strengthen the back and spine.
- Lie down flat on your stomach with your face down.
- Keep your palms on the floor, under the shoulders and close to your chest.
- Bend your knees and pull your soles near your buttocks to grab your ankles with the hands.
- Engage the leg muscles and push the feet back and upward while lifting your chest and head without straining your neck.
- Hold this pose for 10 seconds.
- Release your legs first and relax the entire body.
Swimming is an effective full-body exercise. It requires the pectoral muscles to move your hands back and forth. The more you involve
your chest muscles, the more you can tone and firm your breasts.
Try out any of the exercises two to three times a week for effective results. Remember, it will take time to tone the chest muscles and lift your breasts. In addition to doing these exercises, make sure you follow a healthy lifestyle to nourish your body.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Do chest exercises make your breasts perkier?
Yes. Doing exercises that involve your chest muscles can help make your breasts perkier.
Does sleeping without a bra cause sagging?
No. If you wear a bra while sleeping, you are not letting your tissues and organs breathe properly, and this disrupts blood circulation. Hence, it is important to allow your body to breathe while you are relaxing.
Does sleeping on the stomach increase breast size?
No. It does not have any relation to the breast size. Sleeping on the stomach on a mattress for a long duration stretches the ligaments of the breasts, which causes them to sag. The best way to sleep is on your back.
Will my breasts grow if I gain weight?
If you gain weight by consuming more junk food, your breasts will put on more fat mass and look saggy. Do exercises to build muscle mass, which may increase your weight but tone your body and reduce fat mass.
- Effect of Aging on Breast Skin Thickness and Elasticity: Implications for Breast Support, Skin Research and Technology, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
- Breast Ptosis: Causes and Cure, Annals of Plastic Surgery, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
Latest posts by Priyanka Sadhukhan (see all)
- Is Liquid Diet Good For Weight Loss? Types, Menu Plan, Benefits & Side Effects - April 10, 2018
- Fast Metabolism Diet Review – Does It Help Weight Loss? - November 21, 2016
- Diabetes Diet Plan For Indians – What To Eat And Avoid - May 10, 2016
- Are Cornflakes Good For Weight Loss? Debunking The Truth - June 4, 2015
- 10 Healthy Sandwiches To Help You Lose Weight - May 19, 2015