Every day, our body experiences dead skin cells, dark spots, and bumps due to the accumulated impurities and clogging of pores. An exfoliating body wash helps to gently remove the dead skin cells. The best exfoliating body wash eliminates all impurities, rejuvenating fresh skin. These body washes are suitable for daily use, and they prevent ugly breakouts. In addition, this body wash also keeps your skin hydrated, nourished, and protects your skin from damage. Let’s check out the 15 best exfoliating body washes below. Keep scrolling through.
Read on to know more!
In This Article
15 Best Exfoliating Body Washes To Help You Get Smooth Skin
1. Best Organic Ingredients: St. Ives Radiant Skin Exfoliating Body Wash
This gentle body wash scrubs away the dead skin cells leaving your skin smooth and clear. It is loaded with 100% natural extracts of mandarin orange and pink lemon to offer a refreshing and rejuvenating feel. The body wash is specially designed for dry skin and is also tested by dermatologists..
- Paraben and toxin-free body wash
- Made using 100% organic extracts
- Hydrates dry and flaky skin
- A foaming body wash that easily scrubs off impurities and dead skin cells
- Has a refreshing citrus aroma
- It may cause a stinging sensation on the skin
2. Best Non-Comedogenic Body Wash: CeraVe SA Body Wash For Rough & Bumpy Skin
Give your skin a tint of freshness with this fragrance-free and exfoliating body wash. This body wash is enriched with the goodness of salicylic acid and works well on bumpy and rough skin. It is formulated with essential ceramides that restore and maintain the natural protective barrier of the skin. Also, the body wash uses the MVE controlled-release technology to nourish and moisturize the skin. Learn more about the CeraVe SA Body Wash For Rough & Bumpy Skin in this video.
- Salicylic acid is a premium-grade exfoliant for skin
- Niacinamide calms and smoothens the skin
- Does not consist of chemicals
- Non-comedogenic and paraben-free product
- Composed of hyaluronic acid to hydrate and moisturize the skin
- Has an oily consistency
- Dries out the skin
3. Best For Dry Skin: DOVE Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash
Say goodbye to dry skin with this gentle cleanser. This cleanser by Dove is infused with sea minerals and is sulfate-free, so you can use it on your body without worrying about skin irritation. It is a great exfoliant that helps address dryness without damaging the skin and stripping it off of the natural oils. Its ultra-mild formula creates a nourishing lather to reveal your softer skin.
- Replenishes skin’s natural moisture
- Great for sensitive skin
- Softens skin with the first use
- Loaded with sea minerals for a rejuvenating feel
- A mild scent for those who do not like overpowering fragrances
- Packaging may not sturdy, making it inconvenient to use.
4. Best Hydrating: Ogx Smoothing + Coconut Coffee Scrub & Wash
Coconut and coffee are the two most prominent ingredients used for exfoliating the skin, and this body wash brings together these rejuvenating ingredients to repair dead and dry skin. The body wash is infused with exotic Arabica coffee and coconut oil to soften and hydrate the skin. The enticing smell of this body wash will leave you with a mild scent for hours. Watch this video to learn more about the Best Hydrating: Ogx Smoothing + Coconut Coffee Scrub & Wash.
- Hydrating body wash and scrub for dead skin cells
- Promotes healthy-looking skin
- Has a mild and soothing aroma
- Infused with coconut oil and coffee extracts
- Works well for dried-out skin
- May feel slightly greasy on oily skin
5. Best Refreshing Fragrance: Dial Himalayan Salt Enriching Body Wash
Himalayan salt is widely used as an exfoliating agent to eliminate dead skin. This delicate scrub will leave your skin feeling hydrated and silky. Especially if your skin is exposed to dirt and impurities every day, this body wash will help wash it all off and make your skin feel supple. It also features a rich and creamy lather that prevents the skin from excessive drying.
- Moisturizes skin
- Has a mild and refreshing fragrance
- Makes skin supple and soft
- Comes in a package that is not easy to use
6. Best Antioxidant-Rich Formula: Touch KP Exfoliating Wash
This body wash cleanser is a perfect option if you are looking for one that is suitable for use on acne and keratosis pilaris. The cleanser is loaded with glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, and such hydrating ingredients that work well on dead skin cells. The body wash will not only exfoliate the skin but will also reduce inflammation and redness of the acne-prone skin.
- Sulfate-free body wash for skin with acne and keratosis pilaris
- Free from alcohol, harmful chemicals, and sulfates
- Enriched with aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil
- Antioxidant-rich formula to nourish the skin
- Prevents moisture loss
- Does not show immediate results
- Not compatible with all skin types
7. Best For Reducing Acne Breakouts: Neutrogena Body Clear Oil-Free Acne Body Scrub
This oil-free cleanser relies on the richness of salicylic acid to polish away the dead skin cells and impurities of the skin. If you have acne-prone skin, this cleanser with salicylic acid addresses breakout on the back, shoulders, and chest leaving your skin supple and clean. It features an acne-fighting formula to deeply cleanse the pores. With a single-use, your skin will feel fresh and rejuvenated. This video review will help you better understand the Neutrogena Body Clear Oil-Free Acne Body Scrub.
- Does not leave an oily residue
- Composed of salicylic acid
- Reduces acne breakouts on the body
- Works well on sensitive as well as combination skin
- Does not have a pleasant smell
8. Best For Everyday Use: Softsoap Body Butter Coconut Scrub
Loaded with the exfoliating power of jojoba butter and coconut extracts, this buttery and creamy cleanser is here to make your skin feel smoother and supple again. This body wash softens the skin and retains the natural moisture of your skin. The body wash gently scrubs off the impurities and dead skin from your skin and nourishes the skin from deep within.
- Features the invigorating scent of coconut and jojoba butter
- Makes the skin feel smooth and hydrated
- Great for everyday use
- Offers effective exfoliation
- Bottle quality is not good, making it easily breakable
9. Best Travel-Friendly Packaging: Murad Acne Control Acne Body Wash
This body wash from murad is formulated with salicylic acid that deeply cleanses active breakouts and prevents further breakouts on the back, shoulders, and chest. Date seed powder and glycolic acid exfoliate the skin gently for a smooth and clear texture. It also contains green tea that soothes and calms irritated skin. Additionally, the body wash has biodegradable beads for an irritation-free bath experience. Watch the video for an honest review of the Murad Acne Control Acne Body Wash.
- Suitable for balanced, oily, and combination skin types
- No over drying
- A little bit goes a long way
- Mineral oil-free
10. Best Hypoallergenic Body Wash: Aveeno Positively Radiant Exfoliating Body Wash
The nourishing blend of soy complex and crushed walnut shell will help scrub off dry skin and leave your skin feeling radiant and smooth. This is a soap-free body wash, which is formulated with natural light diffusers and other natural ingredients to help eliminate dry and flaky skin, thereby enhancing the natural radiance of your skin.
- Improves luminosity of the skin
- Hypoallergenic and dye-free body wash
- Great for everyday use
- Replenishes dull and dry skin
- May dry out sensitive skin
11. Best For Nourishing Flaky Skin: Makari Classic Luxurious Lightening Exfoliating Body Wash
What are your thoughts about a refreshing and exfoliating body wash that can also lighten your skin tone? This luxurious body wash from Makari is formulated using aloe vera gel and oat extracts that nourish your skin, while also cleansing and leaving it soft and supple. As a bonus, the body wash features a cruelty-free formula infused with plant-based minerals.
- Infused with mulberry extracts to fade dark spots and pigmentation
- Glycolic acid nourishes dry and flaky skin
- Enhances skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types
- Has an unpleasant smell
12. Best Creamy Formula: Olay Daily Exfoliating Body Wash
This body wash is great for unclogging pores and cleansing the skin from deep within. It is enriched with sea salt that helps wash away dead skin and impurities gently, leaving your skin smooth and hydrated. To enable added exfoliation and hydration, this body wash comes in a rich, creamy texture, making your skin flawless and supple!
- Exfoliates flaky and dull skin
- Offers better hydration compared to regular soap
- Does not have an overpowering scent
- Relaxes the skin
- May feel greasy on oily or acne-prone skin
13. Best Refreshing Scent: St. Ives Purifying Sea Salt & Pacific Kelp Exfoliating Body Wash
If you are looking for a paraben-free and dermatologist-tested body wash, this purifying sea salt body wash will cleanse your skin with 100% natural exfoliants. It is suitable for sensitive skin and helps restore your natural skin tone and texture. It is free from phthalates, sulfates and harsh chemicals and thus works gently on the skin while exfoliating it.
- Has a soothing and fresh scent
- Paraben and chemical-free body wash
- Enriched with sea salt and Pacific kelp
- Eliminates dry patches and flaky skin
- May not suit acne-prone skin
14. Best Chemical-Free Body Wash: The Seaweed Bath Co. Exfoliating Detox Body Scrub
This organic body scrub from The Seaweed Bath Co. is composed of minerals and essential vitamins that promote elasticity of skin and restore the natural skin tone. This luxurious mineral-rich body wash detoxifies the skin and washes away all the impurities and toxins. The green coffee bean extracts act as an antioxidant and protect the skin against free radical damage.
- Paraben and gluten-free
- Smoothens rough patches
- Unclogs pores
- Contains natural ingredients
- May cause dry skin
15. Best For Restoring Skin Tone: Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash
Caress Exfoliating Body Wash exfoliates the skin and restores the natural skin tone. This formulation of brown sugar and butter restores the natural moisture balance resulting in gorgeous, blemish-free skin. So what are you waiting for? Gift your skin this soothing body wash today!
- Soothes skin
- Exfoliates gently
- Removes impurities and cleanses pores
- Moisturizes the skin
- Slightly expensive
Now that we have taken a look at these 15 best exfoliating body washes, we will understand how to choose the right one.
How To Choose The Right Exfoliating Body Wash
There are different types of body wash available for different skin types. Some of the most common body wash options are coffee, and coconut-based, sea salt-based, herbal, and other hydrating body washes. Here’s how you can choose one based on your skin type.
For dry, flaky, or dull skin, you will need a moisturizing and hydrating body wash. Ingredients like shea butter, coffee beans, sugar can nourish and cleanse dry skin. Ingredients like hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid can also work on dry skin. Using the body wash containing these ingredients exfoliate without peeling off the natural oils off of your skin.
Oily skin requires more cleansing than dry skin as it is prone to acne, breakouts, and greasy build-up. The best body wash to be used to remove the excess build-up is sea salt-based body wash, body wash with vitamins, antioxidants, and aloe vera gel. These ingredients can prevent breakouts, bumps, build-up, and excess sebum production.
Sensitive skin is prone to allergic infections, and thus, it is recommended to use products that are suitable for sensitive skin and do not contain allergens. It is recommended to use body wash with aloe vera, plant extracts, healthy fatty acids, and other smoothening ingredients.
Outside pollution, dirt, and other impurities accumulate on your skin everyday. And regular soaps or body washes are not good enough to eliminate them. So you need exfoliating scrubs or body washes to remove them. The best exfoliating body washes are gentle on the skin and effective to help remove the accumulated dead cells, impurities, and other dirt. They are loaded with skin-nourishing ingredients and keep it hydrated after the wash. These formulas are mostly chemical-free and keep your skin soft and smooth. However, steer clear of body washes that cause dry skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Vaishnavi Kothuri, has a deep interest in skin and hair care. She believes that the skin on the body skin needs equal attention like the facial skin and trusts exfoliating body washes to keep her skin healthy. She carefully reviewed the products’ ingredients and reviews to pick the best ones for the list.