We often spot little bumps, dark spots, and dead skin on various parts of our body like elbows, knees, legs, back, etc. These bumps and spots are a result of dirt and impurities that clog the pores and sometimes cause ugly breakouts. To eliminate the dead skin, there are plenty of body wash options available in the market.
These body washes not only exfoliate the skin but also hydrate and condition without damaging or drying it off. So if you are looking for a mild and propitious body wash, here are the 15 best exfoliating body washes you can consider buying.
Read on to know more!
15 Best Exfoliating Body Washes To Help You Get Smooth Skin
This gentle body wash scrubs away the dead skin cells leaving your skin smooth and clear. It is loaded with 100% natural extracts of mandarin orange and pink lemon to offer a refreshing and rejuvenating feel. The body wash is specially designed for dry skin and is also tested by dermatologists..
- Paraben and toxin-free body wash
- Made using 100% organic extracts
- Hydrates dry and flaky skin
- A foaming body wash that easily scrubs off impurities and dead skin cells
- Has a refreshing citrus aroma
- It may cause a stinging sensation on the skin
Give your skin a tint of freshness with this fragrance-free and exfoliating body wash. This body wash is enriched with the goodness of salicylic acid and works well on bumpy and rough skin. It is formulated with essential ceramides that restore and maintain the natural protective barrier of the skin. Also, the body wash uses the MVE controlled-release technology to nourish and moisturize the skin.
- Salicylic acid is a premium-grade exfoliant for skin
- Niacinamide calms and smoothens the skin
- Does not consist of chemicals
- Non-comedogenic and paraben-free product
- Composed of hyaluronic acid to hydrate and moisturize the skin
- Has an oily consistency
- Dries out the skin
|1|| ||CeraVe Soothing Body Wash | 10 oz | Dry Skin Relief & Eczema Treatment Shower Gel for Itchy Skin |...||639 Reviews||$15.99||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||CeraVe SA Lotion for Rough & Bumpy Skin | 8 Ounce | Vitamin D, Hyaluronic Acid, Salicylic Acid &...||7,377 Reviews||$15.56||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||CeraVe Baby Wash & Shampoo | Fragrance, Paraben, & Sulfate Free Shampoo for Tear-Free Baby Bath Time...||2,086 Reviews||$9.99||Buy on Amazon|
Say goodbye to dry skin with this gentle cleanser. This cleanser by Dove is infused with sea minerals and is sulfate-free, so you can use it on your body without worrying about skin irritation. It is a great exfoliant that helps address dryness without damaging the skin and stripping it off of the natural oils. Its ultra-mild formula creates a nourishing lather to reveal your softer skin.
- Replenishes skin’s natural moisture
- Great for sensitive skin
- Softens skin with the first use
- Loaded with sea minerals for a rejuvenating feel
- A mild scent for those who do not like overpowering fragrances
- Packaging may not sturdy, making it inconvenient to use.
|1|| ||Dove Body Wash with Skin Natural Nourishers for Instantly Soft Skin and Lasting Nourishment Deep...||5,075 Reviews||$21.76||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Dove Body Wash Variety 6 Pack - Shea Butter, Deep Moisture, Pistachio Cream, Coconut Milk, Gentle...||1,756 Reviews||$25.10||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Dove Body Wash Variety Pack- Shea Butter with Warm Vanilla, Deeply Nourishing and Cucumber & Green...||3,313 Reviews||$13.92||Buy on Amazon|
Coconut and coffee are the two most prominent ingredients used for exfoliating the skin, and this body wash brings together these rejuvenating ingredients to repair dead and dry skin. The body wash is infused with exotic Arabica coffee and coconut oil to soften and hydrate the skin. The enticing smell of this body wash will leave you with a mild scent for hours.
- Hydrating body wash and scrub for dead skin cells
- Promotes healthy-looking skin
- Has a mild and soothing aroma
- Infused with coconut oil and coffee extracts
- Works well for dried-out skin
- May feel slightly greasy on oily skin
|1|| ||Ogx Coconut Coffee Body Wash - 19.5oz, 19.5 Oz||1,232 Reviews||$5.74||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||OGX Smoothing + Coconut Coffee Exfoliating Body Scrub with Arabica Coffee & Coconut Oil,...||2,688 Reviews||$6.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Ogx Body Scrub Coconut Coffee 19.5 Ounce (577ml) (2 Pack)||217 Reviews||$16.10||Buy on Amazon|
Himalayan salt is widely used as an exfoliating agent to eliminate dead skin. This delicate scrub will leave your skin feeling hydrated and silky. Especially if your skin is exposed to dirt and impurities every day, this body wash will help wash it all off and make your skin feel supple. It also features a rich and creamy lather that prevents the skin from excessive drying.
- Moisturizes skin
- Has a mild and refreshing fragrance
- Makes skin supple and soft
- Comes in a package that is not easy to use
|1|| ||Dial Body Wash, Himalayan Salt, 21 Ounce (Pack of 4)||638 Reviews||$18.38||Buy on Amazon|
|2|| ||Dial Body Wash, Skin Therapy Himalayan Pink Salt & Water Lily, 16 Fluid Ounces||64 Reviews||$10.90||Buy on Amazon|
|3|| ||Dial Enriching Body Wash, Himalayan Salt 16 oz (Pack of 4)||18 Reviews||$23.27||Buy on Amazon|
This body wash cleanser is a perfect option if you are looking for one that is suitable for use on acne and keratosis pilaris. The cleanser is loaded with glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, and such hydrating ingredients that work well on dead skin cells. The body wash will not only exfoliate the skin but will also reduce inflammation and redness of the acne-prone skin.
- Sulfate-free body wash for skin with acne and keratosis pilaris
- Free from alcohol, harmful chemicals, and sulfates
- Enriched with aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil
- Antioxidant-rich formula to nourish the skin
- Prevents moisture loss
- Does not show immediate results
- Not compatible with all skin types
This oil-free cleanser relies on the richness of salicylic acid to polish away the dead skin cells and impurities of the skin. If you have acne-prone skin, this cleanser with salicylic acid addresses breakout on the back, shoulders, and chest leaving your skin supple and clean. It features an acne-fighting formula to deeply cleanse the pores. With a single-use, your skin will feel fresh and rejuvenated.
- Does not leave an oily residue
- Composed of salicylic acid
- Reduces acne breakouts on the body
- Works well on sensitive as well as combination skin
- Does not have a pleasant smell
Loaded with the exfoliating power of jojoba butter and coconut extracts, this buttery and creamy cleanser is here to make your skin feel smoother and supple again. This body wash softens the skin and retains the natural moisture of your skin. The body wash gently scrubs off the impurities and dead skin from your skin and nourishes the skin from deep within.
- Features the invigorating scent of coconut and jojoba butter
- Makes the skin feel smooth and hydrated
- Great for everyday use
- Offers effective exfoliation
- Bottle quality is not good, making it easily breakable
This body wash from murad is formulated with salicylic acid that deeply cleanses active breakouts and prevents further breakouts on the back, shoulders, and chest. Date seed powder and glycolic acid exfoliate the skin gently for a smooth and clear texture. It also contains green tea that soothes and calms irritated skin. Additionally, the body wash has biodegradable beads for an irritation-free bath experience.
- Suitable for balanced, oily, and combination skin types
- No over drying
- A little bit goes a long way
- Mineral oil-free
The nourishing blend of soy complex and crushed walnut shell will help scrub off dry skin and leave your skin feeling radiant and smooth. This is a soap-free body wash, which is formulated with natural light diffusers and other natural ingredients to help eliminate dry and flaky skin, thereby enhancing the natural radiance of your skin.
- Improves luminosity of the skin
- Hypoallergenic and dye-free body wash
- Great for everyday use
- Replenishes dull and dry skin
- May dry out sensitive skin
What are your thoughts about a refreshing and exfoliating body wash that can also lighten your skin tone? This luxurious body wash from Makari is formulated using aloe vera gel and oat extracts that nourish your skin, while also cleansing and leaving it soft and supple. As a bonus, the body wash features a cruelty-free formula infused with plant-based minerals.
- Infused with mulberry extracts to fade dark spots and pigmentation
- Glycolic acid nourishes dry and flaky skin
- Enhances skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types
• Has an unpleasant smell
This body wash is great for unclogging pores and cleansing the skin from deep within. It is enriched with sea salt that helps wash away dead skin and impurities gently, leaving your skin smooth and hydrated. To enable added exfoliation and hydration, this body wash comes in a rich, creamy texture, making your skin flawless and supple!
- Exfoliates flaky and dull skin
- Offers better hydration compared to regular soap
- Does not have an overpowering scent
- Relaxes the skin
- May feel greasy on oily or acne-prone skin
If you are looking for a paraben-free and dermatologist-tested body wash, this purifying sea salt body wash will cleanse your skin with 100% natural exfoliants. It is suitable for sensitive skin and helps restore your natural skin tone and texture. It is free from phthalates, sulfates and harsh chemicals and thus works gently on the skin while exfoliating it.
- Has a soothing and fresh scent
- Paraben and chemical-free body wash
- Enriched with sea salt and Pacific kelp
- Eliminates dry patches and flaky skin
- May not suit acne-prone skin
This organic body scrub from The Seaweed Bath Co. is composed of minerals and essential vitamins that promote elasticity of skin and restore the natural skin tone. This luxurious mineral-rich body wash detoxifies the skin and washes away all the impurities and toxins. The green coffee bean extracts act as an antioxidant and protect the skin against free radical damage.
- Paraben and gluten-free
- Smoothens rough patches
- Unclogs pores
- Contains natural ingredients
- May cause dry skin
Caress Exfoliating Body Wash exfoliates the skin and restores the natural skin tone. This formulation of brown sugar and butter restores the natural moisture balance resulting in gorgeous, blemish-free skin. So what are you waiting for? Gift your skin this soothing body wash today!
- Soothes skin
- Exfoliates gently
- Removes impurities and cleanses pores
- Moisturizes the skin
- Slightly expensive
Now that we have taken a look at these 15 best exfoliating body washes, we will understand how to choose the right one.
How To Choose The Right Exfoliating Body Wash
There are different types of body wash available for different skin types. Some of the most common body wash options are coffee, and coconut-based, sea salt-based, herbal, and other hydrating body washes. Here’s how you can choose one based on your skin type.
For dry, flaky, or dull skin, you will need a moisturizing and hydrating body wash. Ingredients like shea butter, coffee beans, sugar can nourish and cleanse dry skin. Ingredients like hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid can also work on dry skin. Using the body wash containing these ingredients exfoliate without peeling off the natural oils off of your skin.
Oily skin requires more cleansing than dry skin as it is prone to acne, breakouts, and greasy build-up. The best body wash to be used to remove the excess build-up is sea salt-based body wash, body wash with vitamins, antioxidants, and aloe vera gel. These ingredients can prevent breakouts, bumps, build-up, and excess sebum production.
Sensitive skin is prone to allergic infections, and thus, it is recommended to use products that are suitable for sensitive skin and do not contain allergens. It is recommended to use body wash with aloe vera, plant extracts, healthy fatty acids, and other smoothening ingredients.
With the stressful lives we lead, taking care of our skin regularly is no longer a luxury. Running to the spa is not an option, either. Thus, choosing the right body wash that hydrates, rejuvenates, cleanses, and exfoliates is essential. With all the information we have shared, selecting the right one will no longer be an overwhelming task.
Did you find this post helpful? Let us know in the comments below!
- Dove Exfoliating Body Polish Reviews
- Vivel Body Wash Benefits
- Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash Ingredients