Were you looking for the best eyeliner for oily eyelids? Well, your wait ends here. Oily skin is a whole new struggle when keeping makeup intact on your face. While your compact powder and blush can be managed with touch up, eye makeup is a different tale. Eyelids are naturally smooth and oily. Even with dry skin, it eventually starts blotting and giving away with minimal sweating, so you can imagine what happens to people who secrete more oils from their pores than usual. So to make sure your makeup stays intact no matter what your skin type is, popular brands are pouring in products that are smudge-free and do not smear no matter how long you wear them. If you are not sure about what to purchase, here is a list of 11 eyeliners crafted to meet the needs of oily lids. So, are we ready to show off bold eye makeup all day long?
In This Article
Top 11 Best Eyeliners For Oily Lids In 2023
1. Best Dramatic Look: stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner
The best selling long-lasting eyeliner for oily skin offers you precisely what you are looking for. Precise lines to thick, bold, and dramatic look, all are easy to pull-off with stila Stay All Day, which is one of the best eyeliners for oily skin. The precise tip of the eyeliner makes application easy for beginners and pros too! The liquid eyeliner promises to last all day. Oily lids are no longer an issue. Just wing it with the smudge-free eyeliner for oily skin to create a fresh and new look.
- Glides easily
- Doesn’t smudge
- Sharp and dark
- Available in many colors
- Might dry up quickly
2. Best Dermatologically Tested: Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner- Blackest Black
Those wearing contact lenses and sensitive eyes no longer have to worry anymore. Maybelline Eyestudio promises to give you the eye makeup look that you’ve always wanted to try. The eyeliner lasts all day and is allergy and dermatologically tested. The product is available in 10 shades and delivers a range of natural to the bold look. The creamy gel formula is waterproof and smudge-proof.
- Ideal for daily use
- Comes with a precise brush
- Might require cleaning of the brush after every use.
3. Best Halal-Certified Formula: Iba Long-Stay Liquid Eyeliner
The Iba Long-Stay Liquid Eyeliner is waterproof, intensely pigmented, and contains highly potent ingredients. The ultra-fine applicator ensures precise application in a single stroke. This quick-drying formula offers smudge-proof, long-lasting coverage. It is a Halal-certified product suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens users.
- Long-wearing formula
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens users
- Dries quickly
4. Best Water-Proof: Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner Super Keep
Get the perfect cat eye look you’ve always wanted to try and look like a diva with the Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner. The waterproof eyeliner for oily skin lasts long and will help you save the time that you would otherwise spend touching up before a meeting. It is the best liquid eyeliner for hooded eyes and has a smooth application that will revamp your smoky eye makeup with perfectly winged strokes. The product comes with a brush and is the best eyeliner for monolids and ideal eyeliner for double eyelids. If you are still unsure about purchasing, you can check out a review of this product on YouTube.
- Doesn’t smear
- The product might get a bit dry.
5. Best Creamy Formula:v Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
The award-winning Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencils is the best drugstore eyeliner for oily skin. The eyeliner works smoothly on oily eyelids and doesn’t budge. The long-lasting creamy texture formula of the eyeliner draws precise lines that make it ideal for all-day wear. It is available in more than 20 shades, so you can pick your favorite color. The product also has the goodness of jojoba oil, vitamin E, and cottonseed oil to keep the skin hydrated and nourished. The smudge-proof eyeliner for oily skin with a matte finish is waterproof and softens the skin as well.
- 30 shades available
- The product might run out too quickly.
6. Best Smear-Free: L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Superstar Liquid Eyeliner Pen
This intense black eyeliner offered by L’Oreal Paris comes with a fine tip that can make thin and thick lines based on the occasion and the look you wish to get. The transfer-proof eyeliner for oily skin is effortless to use and is all you need to make yourself look your best even at the end of the day.
- Flexible long, thin, felt tip.
- Does not budge
- Available only in one color.
7. Best Brush-Tip: DHC Liquid Eyeliner EX
Looking for an eyeliner that stays put on oily skin? DHC Liquid Eyeliner helps you create any look you wish to have before you start your day. The best eyeliner for oily lids lasts all day and is super easy to use. Boost your confidence with the best liquid eyeliner for oily eyelids. The product is waterproof, making it one of the best smudge-proof eyeliners out there. It comes with a brush tip eyeliner pen that gives the perfect pigmentation you want. This eyeliner for oily eyelids is all you need to look fresh, beautiful and flawless all day, every day!
- Safe for those with allergy
- Smooth application
- Stays all-day
- Easy to remove
- Might have a delicate tip
8. Best Vegan: Eyeko Black Magic Liquid Eyeliner
Eyeko Black Magic brings you the best liquid eyeliner for oily lids. The fade-resistant, long-wearing product makes it a good liquid eyeliner for oily skin. Eyeko’s Black Magic Eyeliner makes smooth that stays on for an all-day finish without fading or smudging. The product is vegan and has natural ingredients like vitamins B5 and E. Enhance the beauty of your eyes with this transfer-proof fine-tip mascara for oily eyelids!
- Smooth application
- Available only in black
9. Best Ultra-Smooth:Christian Dior Diorshow On Stage Liquid Eyeliner
The Christian Dior Diorshow On Stage Liquid Eyeliner is an ultra-smooth liner. It has a flexible felt tip that helps you draw lines of any thickness and aids in creating dramatic eye looks within minutes. Its waterproof and smudge-proof formula stays on your lids for 24 hours and adorns them with an intense color payoff. This eyeliner is available in 16 vibrant shades to help you match your makeup with your outfit depending on the occasion.
- High-impact finish
- Easy to apply
- Intense color payoff
- The liquid dries out quickly
10. Best Oil-Proof: Soap & Glory Supercat Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen
Soap and Glory Carbon Black Eyeliner offers a rich and intense color to the eyes and is the perfect eyeliner for oily skin. Dramatic or natural, get the look you desire the most. The oil-resistant eyeliner is effortless to apply and has a pleasant minty scent as well. The craziest part about this product is that it can be used to the eyelids without removing the glasses as the pen is too small.
- Intense color
- Flexible tip
- Only in one shade
11. Best Moisturizing: PÜR On Point Eyeliner Pencil
PUR On Point waterproof eyeliner pencil for oily skin is safe to use. The pencil eyeliner for oily skin lasts for more than 10 hours. The waterproof delivers vivid eye looks. The drugstore eyeliner for oily eyelids does not fade or smudge. The product prevents premature lash out and moisturizes the skin without causing any budge. The eyeliner has the greatness of ceramide, sunflower seed oil, and tocopherol, maintaining moisture balance.
- Ocular tested
- Available only in one shade
Now that you know all about the best eyeliner for your oily and greasy eyelids, let’s give you a clear understanding of the eyeliner that would suit you the best.
Types Of Eyeliners To Use For Oily Eyelids
- Pencil Eyeliners: Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner is one of the best pencil eyeliner for oily lids. These don’t budge and last for long without smearing.
- Shadow Eyeliners: An eyeshadow can be used as an eyeliner for those with oily lids. However, there are shadow eyeliners that give a lovely bold look. These are easy to apply and blend. These eyeliners are smudge-proof and water-proof. The product is oil-free and is easy to use.
- Liquid Eyeliners: L’Oréal Paris Flash Cat Eye Liquid Eyeliner, NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner, and stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner are some of the best natural eyeliners for oily skin. These high-quality eyeliners are easy to apply and don’t get drained in oil and sweat.
- Gel Eyeliners: Haus Laboratories Eyedentify Gel Pencil Eyeliner is the ideal option when eyelids get oily. Gel eyeliners work well on sweaty eyelids and offer a long-lasting smooth look to the eyes.
How Do You Choose Eyeliner For Oily Skin?
The eyeliner for your oily skin should be chosen based on the following:
- Type: Eyeliners are of different types, such as liquid, gel, pencil, cake liner, and shadow. Every eyeliner has its pros and cons. The effect on the eyes also varies. Hence the type of eyeliner chosen should depend on the comfort level of the person.
- Ingredients: Those with oily skin should check the ingredients and ensure that it is suitable for your skin type. The products should not cause any irritation or allergic reaction nor make the skin oilier. It is better to opt for a product that offers hydration to the skin.
- Occasion: Gel eyeliners have a different impact from that of liquid and shadow eyeliners. You can get a bold look or a dramatic one, a cat-eye or a smokey eye, or sometimes just a fine, precise line. The kind of look you want depends on the occasion, and hence the right type of eyeliner should be used to produce that look.
To make your eyes look dramatic, all you need is an eyeliner with a precise tip, which can make the application easier for you. With oily eyelids, you always have the risk of making a mess while applying, but it is important to choose eyeliners that can glide easily and provide maximum coverage for your lids. The stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner is perfect for those who want to sport finely lined or delicate eyeliner patterns. If you’re prone to allergic reactions, opt for the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner- Blackest Black, while the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil is available in 20+ shades for the creative souls out there. Oily eyelids need waterproof and smudge-proof eyeliners that can last longer and have quick-drying abilities. Remember to choose eyeliners that can stay on for more than 12 hours and not smear or need frequent touch-ups.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Srijita De, is passionate about makeup and loves to try different beauty products. She conducts deep research to provide her readers with reliable products. So, she analyzed various product reviews online to curate the list of the best eyeliners for oily eyelids. These eyeliners are long-lasting, smudge-resistant, ideal for daily use, cruelty-free, and water-resistant.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes oily lids? Are oily eyelids normal?
The oil glands release excess oil for some, as the oil begins to accumulate, it multiplies and makes the eyelids oily. These are very normal to happen and can be cured using the most suitable products.
Is gel eyeliner good for oily skin?
Gel eyeliners are ideal for oily skin as they don’t smudge and are waterproof as well. The best gel eyeliners provide a glow to the skin and give a clean finish to the eyes.
Is liquid eyeliner good for oily skin?
Liquid eyeliners are good for oily skin and show water resistance. The oily skin does not drain out the eye makeup and hence lasts all day without getting budged.
What can you do to prevent oily lids?
Make sure the eyelids are clean before applying makeup, don’t apply any cream that contains oil, and use an oil-free primer before applying the makeup. Use a setting spray if required.
How do you keep eyeliner from smudging from oily eyelids?
Use a good quality eyeliner, use the consistency that suits your skin the best and a product that is easy to apply. Apply under eye concealer and use oil absorbent sheets to soak up the excess oil. Primers are the best solution for oily skin. Use a waterproof and smudge-proof product for more reliable results.
What is the best eyeliner that stays on all day?
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner and stil a Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner are some of the eyeliners loved by their customers and are known to last for long hours.
How do you get your eyeliner to stay on oily eyelids?
To make your eyeliner stay on oily eyelids, wash your face with a suitable face wash and get rid of oil, sebum, and dirt. Make sure you apply your eyeshadow first to create a perfect base for your eyeliner. Use long-wearing, waterproof eyeliner with good staying power. Avoid your waterline while applying the eyeliner. Use a setting powder once your eye makeup is done!
Is waterproof eyeliner good for oily skin?
Yes, waterproof eyeliners are great for oily skin. They keep grease away and stay on for a longer period.