Hazel-eyed girls are born stunners, no doubt about that. But when it comes to making those hidden golden and green hues stand out, the right eyeshadow can surefire do the trick. So, hazel-eyed beauties, if you are wondering how to enhance the gorgeous colors of your iris, then you are in luck because we’ve filtered out some classy purples, goldens, and greens for you. From dewy mattes for your day look to sparkling shimmers for those special nights — we don’t know about your OOTDs, but your eyes will definitely wow wherever you go with these gorgeous shades! And if you need assistance with buying the best eyeshadow for hazel eyes, we have a buying guide for you too.
Now, who’s ready to flex their brushes with the best? Scroll on to check out our list of 11 best eyeshadows of 2020 to make those beautiful hazel eyes pop!
Read on to know more!
11 Best Eyeshadows To Make Your Hazel Eyes Pop!
Blend once, and forget about touch-ups for up to 16 hours! Revlon ColorStay claims to stay “freshly applied” all day long, making it a great option for workaholics, travelers, and those who hate midday touch-ups. With vibrant purple to subtle lavender being perfect for night and day looks, the palette is easy-to-use and portable too. And though purple falls on the contrasting side, it uplifts light hazel eyes, thus giving you and your entire makeup look a perfect glow up.
- Velvety smooth and shimmery texture
- Blends easily
- Delivers high color payoff
- Applicator wand included
- Crease-proof, smudge-proof, and fade-proof
- Not ideal, if you are looking for matte finish
- There may be fallouts.
With this glitter fest on your eyes, get ready to enjoy some enviable stares all night. Lasting from day to dawn, you can give those jewels a miss and sparkle up with L’oreal Paris Infallible 24hr Shadow! Ultra-intense, classy and sensationalizing, a few swipes of this luxurious formula will turn you into scene-stealer instantly. Accentuating the golden flecks or green tones in your eye color like a pro, try this golden emerald shade if you want to make a lasting impression wherever you go!
- Highly-pigmented and creamy texture
- Long-lasting stay power
- Intense glitter effect
- Easy-to-blend and glides effortlessly
- Waterproof, fade-proof, and crease-proof
- Ideal for creating smokey looks for green, brown and blue eyes
- It may have a clumpy consistency.
- It may transfer to the upper lid.
Not a fan of shimmer? Well, this palette will make you one instantly! Offering shades from gorgeous golden to classy neutral with a dash of shimmer, you’ll never want to go back to boring matte again. Pretty up for a day event or make heads turn with a smoky eye look, there are options for all your occasions and moods. So, if you are looking for something you’ve never tried before, Rooftop Bronzes by Maybelline New York could be the one for you.
- Smooth and highly-pigmented creamy formula
- Melts on the eyelid and easy-to-use
- Long-lasting stay power
- Ensures high color payoff
- It accentuates the depth and dimension of your eye color.
- Shades may take time to build
- There may be fallouts.
This glitter galore will awaken the beauty goddess in you! Watch jaws drop wherever you go with this lavish pop of pearl and glitter on your green hazel eyes. Like magnets on your eyelids, they are long-lasting, forever-sparkling, and easy to blend with the applicator wand or fingertips. Adding an incredible luster and shine to your eyelids in a swipe, watch your squad and frenemies wow in amazement every time your flutter those glittery eyes.
- Lightweight liquid sparkling eyeshadow
- Highly-pigmented and water-infused formula
- Easy-to-use and portable
- Minimal fallouts and dries quickly
- Ideal for the night, party, and smoky eyes
- Not recommended for sensitive eyes.
The spirit of the early 90s and Italian Renaissance era — all packed in one! Lime Crime Venus Eyeshadow Palette claims to take you on time travel with its luxurious colors. Create a modern-day grunge look or straight-up go retro with rusty browns and rustic reds; these matte shades will complement the natural color of your pretty hazel eyes. And if you are one of those who love to flaunt their makeup collection (subtly, of course), this palette is inspired by Botticelli’s artistic masterpiece! Still, want to give it a miss?
- Super-smooth and pigmented colors
- Fallout-proof and fade-proof
- Easy-to-blend and portable
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- It is blendable with other shades or can be worn alone.
- The shades may chip easily.
Are you looking for daily wear or a hypoallergenic eyeshadow? Try these neutrals by Almay! Giving you the freedom to explore both a natural and smokey eye look, this palette claims to accentuate hazel, amber, or green eyes without causing any irritation. All you have to do is blend well and watch your brown hazel eyes go from boring to bright instantly. Also, do you have sensitive eyes or skin? These drugstore eyeshadows are ophthalmologist and dermatologist-tested.
- Luxuriously silky texture
- Intense color payoff
- Blends effortlessly on eyelids
- Long-lasting and crease-resistant
- It delivers a matte and a slightly shimmer finish.
- Shimmer may transfer
- The included applicator may not be easy to use.
Another drugstore eyeshadow palette that won’t break the bank and is ideal for bright hazel eyes! Grab this cute and compact 4-kit eyeshadow palette by Covergirl to show off your makeup expertise. Turn your eyelids into your arena and get ready to mix, match, and set trends like a pro. With pearl, matte and sparkly shades perfect for creating subtle to dramatic looks, they are great enhancers for green and amber eyes too.
- Smooth texture
- Easy to build and blend
- Double-ended sponge applicator included
- Easy-to-use and portable
- Ideal for creating day or party looks
- Light pigment
- Shades may chip easily
Not just any other liquid eyeshadow, this one will hydrate the eyelids and hide fine lines too! A perfect combination of skincare, eyecare, and makeup in one, the formula is infused with macadamia esters that provide intense hydration to the eyelids while it shimmers on the outside. Ideal for mature women or those dealing with creasy eyelids, this creamy and luxurious eyeshadow is crease-resistant and easy-to-apply too.
- Shimmer-infused liquid eyeshadow
- Moisturizes and soothes the eyelids
- Long-lasting and dries quickly
- Deliver a smooth and full coverage
- The sparkly effect refracts light and hides imperfections.
- It has a thin consistency.
Searching for a travel-friendly and hassle-free option? Then this eyeshadow palette will be e.l.f-ing good for you! Brighten up the hazel gaze with lighter hues or sweep on a darker shade for the night, this palette also has a mirror and double-ended application brush for a convenient on-the-go experience. A go-to choice for travelers who can’t do without makeup or those who love to explore different looks, this palette ensures to keep your makeup game strong — anywhere, anytime!
- Easy-to-use smooth eyeshadows
- Ensures a flawless finish
- Long-lasting and easy to blend
- Ideal for defining and contour
- Recommended for hazel, amber, and green eyes
- Light pigment
- It may flake after a few hours.
Bring out the beauty of your natural hazel color with Mary Kay’s premium shades! Whether you have a golden undertone, or a tint of green or blue, watch your eyes look bigger, brighter, and beautiful in a swipe. With three hazel-friendly colors to explore, your eyes will never look dull or boring again. Plus, these shades come with two dual-end sponge applicators for your convenience. So, if you don’t mind splurging on premium eyeshadows, Mary Kay is one of the best options to add to your 2020 makeup collection.
- Pigmented and smooth texture
- Lasts all day long
- Easy to blend and build
- Travel-friendly and portable
- Ideal for daily wear
Do you have oily skin or are sensitive eyes giving you a hard time during eye makeup? You must try Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color! It not only controls sebum but is dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested too. And don’t let its minimalistic charm give the idea that it may not deliver desired results! Other than being super-pigmented, it also provides a fantastic color payoff and will last all day long. Just what your eyes need to replenish and look striking at the same time, don’t give this hidden gem a miss!
- Creamy smooth texture
- Provides a dewy and satin finish
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin
- Strong stay power
- Fade-proof, smudge-free, and crease-resistant
- Ideal for day and night looks
Feeling spoilt for choices yet? Those are the 11 best eyeshadows of 2020 for you! If you can’t decide how to pick good eyeshadow colors for hazel eyes, read our buying guide below.
Buying Guide – Best Eyeshadow For Hazel Eyes
How To Choose Eyeshadow For Hazel Eyes?
Before choosing the eyeshadow, you must figure out the dominant shade in your iris, or the hidden hue you want to enhance. Here’s are some more tips for you:
- Pigment: The eyeshadow pigment can either make or break the look. So, when choosing the perfect palette, ensure the shades are well-pigmented enough to enhance your eye color.
- Shade: Pick an eyeshadow that complements the dominant colors in your eyes to give the entire makeup a well-balanced look. A flattering eyeshadow for hazel eyes will not only make your eyes look bigger but make them stand out on their own too.
- Hassle-free experience: Nobody likes touch-ups, fallouts or worse, creases! Though minimal fallouts are normal while applying, too much will ultimately empty your palette faster than you want to. Hence, choose a palette that offers long-lasting effects and is crease-proof, fade-proof, and waterproof for the best experience.
- Skin Compatibility: Many don’t pay attention to their skin or eye sensitivity while choosing their eyeshadow even when a wrong palette can result in an allergic reaction or irritation. So, if you have sensitive skin or eyes, check if the palette is hypoallergenic or is ophthalmologist-tested. Also, it must suit your skin tone.
How To Apply Eyeshadow For Hazel Eyes?
Follow these simple steps:
- Start with a primer to create a smooth and flawless surface for the eyeshadow
- Apply a nude or neutral base if you want your eyeshadow to look vibrant
- Next, sweep the application brush on the shade and dust off the extra to avoid fallouts
- Now, gently sweep the color over your eyelids with the outward strokes
- Add more pigment if required and continue blending until you get the desired coverage
With that, you’ve got the perfect eyeshadow look for hazel eyes!
Now, are you ready to make your beautiful eyes pop? For you have 11 best eyeshadows of 2020 to explore. Let your natural eye color dominate your day, night, or party looks and watch others not able to take their eyes off you. Given how rare and extraordinary hazel is, it is about time you enhance those hidden goldens and greens too with the right eyeshadow. So what are you waiting for? Go, pick your shade, and let the blending begin!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Do I Have Green Or Hazel Eyes?
They both are different, and here’s how — Green eyes have a single and intense green color throughout, whereas hazel eyes are mostly multi-colored. Though light brown or shades of brown play a dominant role, hazel eyes might have tints of golden or green towards the outer circle.
Do Hazel Eyes Change Color?
Yes, there are many factors like the reflection of light, mood, emotions, or age that can make hazel eyes appear different at times.
How To Do A Smokey Eye For Hazel Eyes?
Use golden and bronze shades to create a warm to dark transition on your eyes. Start with a golden base and blend it well on your eyelids, followed by a bronze shade on the outer bed to create a shadowy look. The trick is to blend these shades together, so they do not look gaudy. Lastly, you can complete your smoky eye look with the perfect liner and mascara.
Is Green Eyeshadow Good For Hazel Eyes?
Yes, green eyeshadow is one of the most recommended eyeshadows since they complement and bring out the green tint in hazel eyes.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 13 Best Yoga Mat Cleaners in 2020 - September 22, 2020
- 15 Best Colored Mascaras Of 2020 To Make Your Eyelashes Pop! - September 22, 2020
- 11 Best Posture Correctors of 2020 For Women - September 21, 2020
- 10 Best NARS Blushes Of 2020 to Make Your Cheeks Pop! - September 18, 2020
- 7 Best e.l.f Mascaras Of 2020 For A Stunning Lash Look! - September 18, 2020