Use of makeup brushes have become a craze especially after beauty influencers taking over a variety of challenges on social media. One makeup brush that is widely searched for online is the fan brush. A fan brush, as the name suggests, is a large fan-shaped brush that is considered the best for sculpting and highlighting of face.
Fan brushes are quite simple to use and are generally used for highlighting the cheek bones. You need to take some product on the brush and swipe gently back and forth over your cheekbones and nose to see a beautiful highlighting effect. Other than this, it can even be used to remove fallout, spread face serums, etc. So this one brush helps you with many things. Here, we share a list of the 11 best fan brushes of 2020 that you can add to your collection right now!
Table Of Contents
Top 11 Makeup Fan Brushes In 2020
Docolor Professional Fan Makeup Brush is popular among customers owing to its large colorful bristles. It is considered as one of the best fan brush options for makeup as it is soft and offers a smooth finish. The key highlight of this product is its extraordinarily large brush head ideal for covering a larger section of your cheek bones. The brush is highly dense and suitable for highlighting, contouring and bronzing.
- Versatile product
- Easily removes excess powder
- Large spread-out bristles for better application
- Difficult to use on smaller areas
Wet N Wild Fan Brush is a flat fan brush ideal for light application. It is hailed as one of the best fan brushes for professionals as it has exclusively-designed soft bristles. This fan brush has two-toned synthetic polymax fibers. This brush has an ergonomic grip, which means it is good for prolonged usage without causing any discomfort between the fingers.
- Good for cleaning off excess powder
- Works well for highlighting
- Ideal for light dusting
- PETA-certified cruelty-free
- The bristles may be slightly harsh
NYX Professional Holographic Halo Micro Highlighting Brush is the go-to brush of makeup artists all over. It has soft, synthetic bristles that are perfect for highlighting the best features of your face. The product is named Holographic Halo owing to its holographic handle that makes its appearance fancy and beautiful. The light weight of this brush makes it one of the best fan brushes for highlighting. You can use this brush to sculpt parts of your face with a highlighter or remove excess powder and even clean areas on the face.
- Soft bristles
- Light in weight
- Easy to use
- Multiple use
- Slightly thin in density
Make Up For Ever 134 Large Powder Fan Brush is remarkably thick in density. This thick fan brush has synthetic, fiber bristles of great quality. For those who are looking for a multipurpose fan brush, this one is probably the best fan brush. The wavy texture of the bristles helps in picking an adequate amount of the product. It is indeed a versatile product since it can be used to apply compact, loose powder, highlighter and bronzer. The tapered tip can be used to highlight your forehead and the hollows of your cheeks, while the large bristles help in the even application of compact powder.
- Wavy texture for smooth finish
- Great to use with products that require heavy application
- Good to apply highlighter as well as bronzer
- User takes time to master
e.l.f. Cosmetics Fan Brush is uniquely shaped. This fan brush is listed among the best fan brushes because of its reasonable price point, good quality and ease of use. The product is apt for highlighting the cheekbones, nose tip and the temple of the forehead. One can attain a soft finish look with this fluffy fan brush. It can easily be used with cream-based products and thus lends an artful look. The brand claims that the product is completely vegan.
- Soft synthetic hair
- Fairly priced
- Cruelty free brush
- Can be used with wet products
- Not very dense
- Does not remove fallout easily
This fan brush by Eco Tools comes in a set of 2. It is quite fluffy and works for highlighting and removing fallout. In this pack, you get a defined brush along with the fan brush. The product is reasonably-priced and is easy to use. It is great for blending powder products as well as for contouring. Smooth application of highlighter is ensured with this fan brush, thereby helping enhance all your pretty facial features!
- Set of 2
- Blends effectively
- May not be dense enough for bronzing.
- Might not remove fallout easily.
Tor away Pro Large Fan Goat Hair Makeup Brush is suitable for highlighting, contouring and blushing. The bristles are made of nylon and the quality is sure to keep you coming back for more. The handle is made of wood and is quite sturdy. You can carry it easily wherever you go because of its handy size. It lasts long and is not prone to easy breakage.
- Durable product
- Good density
- No shredding of bristles
- Large brush size
- Apt for highlighting, blushing and contouring
- May not be good for bronzing
CosChem Supply Fan Brush is a facial fan brush exclusively for applying serum masks. As the name suggests, this brush is made of boar hair, aluminum and wood. With the use of this fan brush, you can easily apply facial serums and even face packs. The handy size and large bristle-size makes it an undeniable choice for your coveted skin-care routines!
- Quite handy
- Big brush with dense bristles
- Durable product
- Spreads serums evenly
- May not be suitable for acidic peels and serums.
This is a set of 4 facial brushes. These acrylic fan brushes are ideal for applying masks and makeup. High-quality acrylic handles make the brush easy to hold while applying your homemade face masks. The bristles are made of synthetic fiber which feels super soft. The brand claims to provide an application experience that is safe on sensitive skin as well. The length of the brushes is 6 inches, ideal for hands of all sizes.
- Easy to clean
- Safe and hygienic
- Blends product easily
- Easy to carry
- Might be prone to bristle shedding
Are you someone who prefers slim handy brushes over the thick fancy ones? If yes, then this fan brush from Real Perfection will surely be your top choice. The light weight & dense bristles are its highlighting features. Since this small fan brush is very easy to handle, it makes highlighter application simple, especially on the smaller areas like brow bone & cupid’s bow. With a slight precision, this brush offers fine application and perfect highlighting effect.
- Budget Friendly
- Travel Friendly
- Cruelty Free
- Holds greater amount of powder
- Bristles might feel hard for sensitive skin
These are some of the best fan brushes for applying masks and makeup! The brush features nylon bristles that are soft and enable even application of product. The product is great for applying peels. You can also use these brushes for sculpting your face with a highlighter.
Though the quality is good, there might be some shedding of hair on the first use.
- Light in weight
- Comes with a handy bag
- Might shed hair at the first use.
So this was all about the best fan brushes that you must get your hands on this year. You can upgrade your makeup kit with these brushes. However, you make a checklist of your own requirements before buying the best makeup brush for yourself. In the next section, we present to you a buying guide to help you choose one best suited for you.
The 11 Best Fan Brushes To Add To Your Makeup Kit Right Now- A Buying Guide
What Exactly Are Fan Makeup Brushes?
Fan makeup brushes are designed in the shape of fans. These brushes are usually for highlighting of face areas like the cheek bones, temple of the forehead, nose and chin. With the growing popularity of highlighters and bronzers, fan brushes have become popular. Fan brushes are also used for applying face serums, peels, etc.
Types Of Fan Makeup Brushes
There are three types of fan brushes, i.e. large, medium and small.
- The large ones are for wiping off extra powder or any other product from the face. You can also use the large fan brushes for applying blush, contouring, highlighting and bronzing.
- The medium size brush is great for highlighting the smaller areas on the face like the cupids bow or nose.
- The small fan brush is ideally a mascara brush that helps spread mascara evenly with its hairy fibers.
How To Use A Fan Makeup Brush
Check out the points given below for more details on how to use a fan makeup brush.
- Choose the correct fan brush as per the product you are using.
- Always use a fan makeup brush with light hands to apply the highlighter properly.
- Hold the brush flat against your highlighter. Push it down gently to coat the sides and tip of the bristles.
- Make sure that you dust out the excess product whenever you use a powdered formula.
- After dusting off the excess product, gently sweep the brush upward on your cheekbones and on the tip of your nose.
- Similarly, sweep your brush on your brow bone to add a layer of shine under the brows.
- You can even apply a blusher with a fan brush. The trick again is to apply it with gentle hands.
In case you want to remove any fallout, first clean your fan brush and then use it for cleaning. If you wish to apply a mask with a fan brush, just dip the brush in the mask and sweep it around your face in long strokes. Spread the mask from the center of your face towards your hairline area.
When it comes to contouring, rub the tip of the fan brush into your contour powder and then move the edge of your brush back and forth under your cheekbones. Suck your cheeks in to know the exact area of contouring. Define your nose with the same brush by swiping it down on each side of your nose to add a shadow effect.
Highlighter completes almost every trendy makeup look and fan brush is the ideal brush to do that for you. This list we’ve compiled is replete with great options for you to choose from. The key to good makeup is to use the right tools. A fan brush is a must-have brush for all makeup lovers and once you get your hands on one, you’re sure to elevate your glam game!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Are fan brushes good for highlighting?
Yes. Fan Brushes are good for highlighting. These brushes are evenly spread in the shape of a fan which helps in better application.
Why do you need fan brushes?
We need fan makeup brushes to remove powder fallout, apply highlighter and bronzer. However, some fan brushes can also be used to spread face masks, serums and peels.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 15 Best Hydrating Face Mists For Refreshed Skin In 2021 - April 6, 2021
- Say Hello To Summer With The 15 Best Sunscreens For Kids - March 30, 2021
- The 9 Best Japanese Toners Of 2021 - March 17, 2021
- The 10 Best Lotions for Psoriasis of 2021 – Our Top Picks - March 15, 2021
- 15 Best Hair Masks For Blonde Hair - March 6, 2021