101 Interesting Friend Tag Questions To Ask Your Bestie
Ask these to learn the most interesting trivia and stories about your friends.
Wondering how well your bestie knows you? Here are a few friend tag questions to ask them to make things interesting!
You will learn new things about each other, share secrets, inside jokes, and bond further. After all, friends are family we choose, and there is nothing better than their 3 a.m. phone calls to comfort you. It only makes sense that they should know you inside out.
Often, best friends discover things about each other over a period of time, but we have a fun way to hasten the process. Try asking these interesting best friend tag questions during your next conversation over a hot cup of coffee. Happy bonding! Here’s to friendships that last.
In This Article
How Does A Best Friend Tag Work?
In a best friend tag, two best friends ask each other questions on a variety of topics. It includes questions about their friendship, likes and dislikes, values, and preferences. They also ask about each other’s opinions, secrets, and motivations. The idea is to get to know each other better and deepen the friendship. The questions may sound very simple, but they help you and your best friend have meaningful conversations and know each other inside out.
Here are 101 questions to kickstart your friendship tag!
Funny Best Friend Tag Questions
Here are some funny questions that you can ask each other. They will help you to spend some enjoyable moments together while getting to know each other better.
- What is the funniest thing you ever heard me say?
- If I was a viral meme, which one would it be?
- Who was the last person that I kissed?
- Which animal could I be reincarnated as?
- How many bananas can I eat back to back?
- Which celebrity do I have a crush on?
- What is the craziest thing I have ever done in your presence?
- Who sings better in the bathroom – you or me?
- What is the dumbest thing that we fought over?
- Which tiny insect am I afraid of?
- How many crushes have I had?
- What was the reason for my last breakup?
- What is our favorite common joke?
- What secret nicknames do we call each other?
- Who do you think could get away with committing a petty crime – you or me?
Cute Best Friend Tag Questions
Best friendship is about adorable moments and cherished memories. Your bond gets stronger when you share sweet moments by asking each other these cute questions.
- What is the one word you can use to describe me?
- When did we first meet? And how did we become close friends?
- What is the one thing about me that annoys you the most?
- When was the last time we fought?
- How long did we stop talking to each other after our last fight?
- Between the two of us, who takes more time to get ready?
- How much does our friendship mean to you? Rate on a scale of 1 to 10.
- When was the last time we hugged each other and got emotional?
- What is your favorite memory from the early days of our friendship?
- What is my favorite pizza topping?
- What is your contact name on my phone?
- How close do you think I am to your family?
- What is my dream date? And with whom?
- What is my favorite movie?
- If we went on holiday together, where would it be?
Interesting Best Friend Questions
Best friends spend a lot of time together. They exchange thoughts, opinions, and ideas constantly. Here are some interesting questions you can ask your best friend to find how much your points of view match.
- Have you memorized my phone number?
- What was the first electronic gadget I owned?
- What is my favorite color in clothing?
- What excites me the most – vacations or spending time at home?
- Rate my sense of humor on a scale of 1 to 10.
- What is my favorite holiday destination?
- What is my favorite dessert?
- What was my favorite subject in school?
- Who was better in studies between the two of us?
- What is my favorite season of the year?
- What is the thing I am terrible at but hate to admit?
- What is your favorite memory from our school days?
- Who was my favorite teacher?
- What was the book I read?
- What was my favorite cartoon as a kid?
Deep Best Friend Questions
Deep and engaging conversations between best friends can strengthen their bond. Here are some deep questions you can ask your best friend to better understand each other’s perspectives.
- What is my secret ambition in life?
- Do I look to the future or get stuck in the past?
- What was my worst personal experience? And how did I overcome it?
- Which sport could I have excelled in if I became a professional athlete?
- Who is my favorite athlete?
- What is my secret wish that I have always wanted to come true?
- Who is more reliable and mature between the two of us?
- Who is more of a social butterfly between the two of us?
- What are my thoughts about religion and spirituality?
- What was the first gift I gave to you?
- What is the one quality that you admire most about me?
- What is the one trait that I like most about you?
- Love or friendships – what is more important to me?
- What is my strange phobia?
- If you asked me to change one habit, what would it be?
- What concerns me the most in life?
- What is my weakness which I always try to hide from you?
- Who is a more emotional person between the two of us?
- What is something I like gifting to people?
- What are my dream wedding and honeymoon destinations?
Hard Best Friend Questions
Sometimes, grilling your best friend with some hard-hitting questions isn’t a bad idea. So, here are some tricky questions to ask your favorite pal.
- If there was one thing you could change about my personality, what would it be?
- What is that one dream of mine that seems unattainable?
- Have you ever lied to me about something you shouldn’t have?
- Have you ever thought of ending our friendship?
- What is the thing I am addicted to that is harming me?
- Am I a forgiving person, or do I hold grudges?
- If you could throw away one piece of clothing from my closet, what would it be?
- What is a secret we have both hidden from our parents?
- What is my biggest insecurity in life?
- Money, fame, or peace of mind – what is the most important to me in life?
- Have I ever abused, wronged, or cheated anyone?
- What do you think I write about you in my journal?
- What is the one unique thing that makes our friendship special?
- On a scale of 10, how much do you trust me?
- How close am I to my family?
Common Best Friend Tag Questions
True friendship knows no formalities. It is excellent to ask each other some general questions about life, activities, foods, and other likes. It helps best friends develop a truly great relationship.
- Pizza or pasta – what do I prefer?
- Am I a tea person or a coffee person?
- Which mobile app do I use the most?
- Which social media app do I use the most?
- What is my favorite web series and movie?
- A trip to the beach, trekking, or a peaceful picnic – what is my idea of relaxation?
- Chocolate, cake, or ice-creams – what do I indulge in more?
- Cats or dogs?
- What is my secret talent?
- What is the date of our friend-iversary?
- What is my favorite hobby or pastime?
- What is the phrase or expression I use most frequently?
- What food do I dislike the most?
- What are the things I am allergic to?
- Mom or Dad – who do I love more?
- Formal or casual – which clothing do I prefer more?
- What is my favorite workout?
- What are the topics I am the most knowledgeable about?
- Am I a morning person or a night person?
- On a scale of 10, how determined and focused am I in life?
- What is my favorite restaurant, and what do I order there?
Infographic: Benefits Of Asking Friend Tag Questions
Asking friend tag questions is entertaining and motivates you to think deeply while preparing the list. However, there are other benefits of asking such questions. Check out the infographic below to know more about the advantages of asking friend tag questions.
You may have thought that you knew your friend well. However, these best friend tag questions help you know more about your friend. They are very entertaining and interesting to pose. Asking these questions will help you communicate better and discover things about each other. Additionally, these fun-filled question tags on different topics will let you know their interests, preferences, and dislikes. Hence, use the 101 best friend tags to start a meaningful conversation and develop a deeper connection with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to choose the right friend tag questions to ask, considering factors such as personal comfort level and relevance?
Before you ask a question, reflect on how you might feel if asked the same question. If it seems harmless, go ahead and ask your friend. Another tactic to ask the right questions is to begin with easy friendly ones and then gradually advance to questions that are more personal.
How to create a safe and respectful environment for asking friend tag questions, such as setting boundaries and avoiding sensitive topics?
If your questions are bordering on risky, keep them open-ended. This way your friend is likely to feel more comfortable while answering them. You can also set some rules that apply to both of you before you’ll begin to question each other.
How to handle the response to friend tag questions, such as listening actively and being respectful of others’ opinions and feelings?
Avoid being judgemental while listening to others’ responses. Listen carefully and try to understand their perspective.
How to properly balance the content and length of friend tag questions, avoiding overly lengthy or repetitive questions?
Prepare your questions beforehand. Make them short and detailed. Ask a follow-up question if required instead of dragging a single question.
What are the ethical considerations when asking friend tag questions, such as respecting privacy and avoiding exploitation?
Think of the possible response that you might give to a question before asking the same to your friend. If the question feels unethical to you, your friend is most likely going to feel the same. Also, be gentle and sensitive if you plan to ask questions about a difficult issue or memory.
- Best friend tag questions are entertaining and help you learn more about your 3 a.m. friend.
- Pose some simple and fun-filled questions on various topics like their preferences, likes, and dislikes.
- The answers can lead to meaningful and interesting conversations and help know each other inside out.