To have mattified skin is a dream for oily skin people, isn’t it? But now, making it possible are these gel moisturizers with their oil-free and water-based formulas! Yep, if you haven’t heard already, gel-based moisturizers are always the best options for oily skin users as they are lightweight and absorb quickly. Also, they keep the oil in control so you can enjoy a grease and shine free day with every use. Sounds unbelievable? There’s more— no touch-ups too! Just what your skincare and makeup routine need to keep your skin tip-top and glowing, let’s go find the best gel moisturizer for oily skin now.
Though there are umpteen products in the market, we’ve filtered out the top picks for you. Check out our list of the 7 best gel moisturizers for oily skin below.
Read on to know more!
Top 7 Best Gel Moisturizers For Oily Skin You Must Try
Don’t just moisturize; heal, and recover your natural beauty with this combo of nature and science. Prep up beauties because Andalou Naturals has a unique formula to renew, heal, hydrate, and clarify your damaged skin due to oiliness. Targeting clogged pores, it eliminates impurities, minimizes the pores, and leaves a timeless glow that you desire! Formulated with argan stem cells, aloe vera, willow bark, and salicylic acid, control that excess sebum with this gel face moisturizer for oily skin.
- Absorbs excess sebum
- Protects and revitalizes skin
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
- Organic-certified, vegan, and cruelty-free
- Suitable for oily, overactive, and acne-prone skin
- Not ideal if you prefer fragrance-free products
Wear it under makeup or wear it alone, this weightless water-based gel by Neutrogena is too good to be ignored. Offering more than just moisturizing benefits, this gel forms a defense shield to protect your skin from sun damages too. Also, the infused hyaluronic acid ensures your skin is always high on hydration. Just what you need to boost moisture levels without feeling greasy, give this Hydro Boost a try ASAP.
- Oil-free formula
- Protects with SPF 25
- Retains natural moisture
- Eliminates dullness and tiredness
- Shields from everyday skin damages
- Non-comedogenic and alcohol-free
- Suitable for all skin types
- It may make your foundation streaky.
Excess shine is never a good sign. Hence, reduce it with this water-based moisturizer! Keeping your skin hydrated for up to 72 hours, this thirst-quencher is a must-try if your skin is excessively shiny or feeling dehydrated. And also, about those moisture levels? Consider them boosted with the infused aloe water! Making your skin appear soft, smooth, and supple, the formula also contains hyaluronic acid that locks in natural moisture like a charm. Do not skip it!
- Lightweight moisturizer
- Gentle and oil-free
- Absorbs excess oil
- Hydrates intensely without triggering oil glands
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- Intense fragrance
Give your skin a burst of hydration with this aqua bomb. Considering how oily skin requires hydration as much as other skin types to stay soft and supple, this intensely hydrating moisturizer will refresh, cool, and perk up your skin instantly! And that’s not all; it improves elasticity and minimizes the appearances of the pores too. Infused with lady’s mantle (which is rich in antioxidants) and apothecary herbs, the moisturizer guarantees a shine-free glow up with every use. Go on, witness it!
- Oil-free gel face moisturizer
- Weightless and gentle
- Preps skin for makeup
- Combats dryness and skin-damaging radicals
- Free from mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, and dyes
Does your skin turn greasy after applying makeup? Or is the excess shine lowering your confidence? Quit dabbing and switch to this moisturizing gel instead. Developed by a celebrated dermatologist, it glides smoothly on the skin and absorbs almost immediately! Rejuvenating your skin to look soft, smooth, and refreshed instantly, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel’s hydrating boost is worth a try. Give it a go, if you haven’t already!
- Oil-free gel moisturizer
- Allergy-tested and fragrance-free
- Balances the moisture levels
- Improves the appearance of the skin
- Infused with skin-strengthening ingredients
- Paraben-free and phthalate-free
- Suitable for oily and very oily skin
Forget grease; the only shine on the skin with this hydrating gel will be your natural glow! And that too for up to 10 hours! Hydrating your skin intensely to reduce sebum production, this non-greasy formula is a godsend for oily skin users. Yep, and making this gel one of the best are the infused natural ingredients such as green tea extract, vitamin E, and marine extract. Soft and shine-free skin, anyone?
- Oil-free gel moisturizer for oily skin
- Silky-smooth and glides on easily
- Restores optimum moisture levels
- Leaves skin soft, smooth, and healthy-looking
- Suitable for normal skin too
Here’s a skin mattifier that also cares! Ladies, with this moisture gel in your kitty, you can consider all that stickiness and grease banished. Claiming to keep your skin visibly shine-free for up to 10 hours, you can go around confidently without worrying about touch-ups or oil-dabbing. A premium product formulated with the powerful and advanced MoistureMatte technology, give this moisture gel a try ASAP.
- Mattifying gel moisturizer for oily skin
- Ultra-light and gel-cream texture
- Combats aging signs
- Leaves skin fresh, soft, and smooth
- Reduces the appearance of the pores
- Non-acnegenic and dermatologist-recommended
Gel up to control oil this season! There you go, those were the 7 best gel moisturizers for oily skin that you must try. Are you still wondering how to choose the right gel moisturizer for oily skin? Check out our buying guide for expert assistance.
How To Choose The Best Gel Moisturizer For Oily Skin?
It’s simple! Look out for the following features, and we bet you’ll have the best one in your cart:
- Oil-free formula: First and the most important one, it should be an oil-free or water-based formula. So, inspect before choosing the product, and also, it should have a gel-like texture.
- Lightweight and quick-absorbing: The moisturizer should be lightweight unless you want to end up with a sticky and greasy feeling a few hours later. Also, it should absorb into the skin quickly, so you know it is lightweight and fast-action.
- Intense hydrator: We said it before, and we’ll say it again, oily skin needs intense hydration to glow without the greasy shine and keep the skin supple. Hence, always opt for an intensely hydrating gel moisturizer for oily skin.
- Non-comedogenic: Oily skin users are prone to clogged pores due to excess oil buildups. So ideally, you should pick a non-comedogenic gel moisturizer, so there are no chances of clogged pores whatsoever.
- Long-lasting effect: Lastly, pick the one that guarantees a long-lasting effect, so you don’t have to worry about the greasiness or the sticky shine all day long.
Ladies, say no to touchups with the best gel moisturizer this season! Quit checking up on the grease and take control of the excess sebum with these gel-like moisturizers that guarantee to keep the oiliness far, far away. With the 7 best options in the market on our list for you, get ready to enjoy an oil-free 2021 with us. Now, what are you waiting for? Go gel up with the best!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Are gel moisturizers good for oily skin?
Yes, gel moisturizers are great for oily skin as they are lightweight, and they absorb quickly into the skin to reduce the chances of oiliness. Also, most of them are water-based and intensely hydrating too.
Is gel moisturizer good for oily sensitive skin?
Yes, absolutely! There are gel moisturizers that are dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic, making them ideal for oily skin and sensitive skin users too.
Can we use an aloe vera gel moisturizer for oily skin?
Yes, you can use aloe vera gel moisturizer for oily skin as aloe vera is intensely hydrating and ensures to boost your skin’s moisture levels. Also, if you are looking for aloe vera-based gel moisturizers, then you must try Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cell Recovery Cream or L’Oréal Paris Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Moisturizer.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- It’s Glow Time With 15 Best Vitamin C Serums For Oily Skin In 2021 - January 22, 2021
- Smell Good Always With The 15 Best Smelling Body Washes Of 2021 - January 20, 2021
- 13 Best Night Creams For Dry Skin That You Must Try In 2021 - January 20, 2021
- 15 Best Hand Creams For Soft And Smooth Skin (2021) - January 19, 2021
- 17 Best Drugstore Face Mists For All Skin Types - January 19, 2021