Gel nail polish tends to stay on for weeks, unlike regular ones. So, if you want to keep changing the style and design frequently, you need to get your hands on the best gel nail polish remover. While you can also visit a nail salon for the same, it might not always be feasible as and when you want. That’s when a gel nail polish remover comes in handy. To get you started, we have shortlisted the 7 best gel nail polish removers for you to choose from.
What’s The Difference Between Nail Polish Remover And Gel Nail Polish Remover?
Most regular nail polish removers are effective at removing gel polishes. But, the process is long and can damage your skin and nails. Gel nail polish removers contain hydrating ingredients and moisturizers that protect your skin, nails, and cuticles. They also remove gel polish with ease and are not harsh on your nails.
Now, let’s check out the nest gel nail polish removers available right now.
7 Best Gel Nail Polish Removers
This convenient steam gel nail polish remover by Eurobuy is ergonomically designed and easy to use. The compact machine uses a combination of water vapour and heat to soften the gel polish. You can work on five fingers at a time, and the steam removal technique ensures safety and convenience. You do not have to prep your nails prior to using this machine. Just have to pour about 5 to 10 ml of the general solution into the machine, and the polish slides off in just 15 minutes. The device automatically turns off at a fixed time. This steamer is suitable for all kinds of gel nails – acrylic nails, shellac, etc. It reaches a maximum temperature of 52°C degrees and has an LED power indicator for added convenience. The body is made of high-quality ABS material.
- Easy to use
- Offers clean removal
- Does not dry out your fingertips
Tired of following lengthy procedures to remove your gel polish? This instant polish remover by Americanails is the perfect choice for you! This versatile remover comes as foil wrapped over a thick cotton pad that is soaked in pure acetone. It does not contain any additives, fragrances, or water, and is also gentle on your skin. It effectively removes gel nail polish, acrylic nails, dip powders, and fabric wraps. You simply need to tear the foil, insert your finger, wrap it, and pull out your polish.
- Easy to use
- Less time-consuming
- Dries out quickly
This gel polish remover by Gelish removes your gel polish with ease in just 10 minutes. It is enriched with conditioning additives that keep your skin and nails healthy and prevent them from drying. This saturated nail polish remover can be used for the gel as well as acrylic nails.
- Does not damage your cuticles
- Hydrating formula
- Good fragrance
- Non-drying formula
- Slightly expensive
This versatile nail polish remover kit by Makartt is the perfect choice for on-the-go polish removal. It comes along with a pre-cut foil and cotton pad that is super long and fits all your fingers perfectly. The double scraper in this kit is sturdy and helps slide off your polish with ease. This easy-to-use kit comes with 200 pieces of foil wraps and is ideal for personal as well as salon use.
- Durable foils
- Convenient to use
- Reasonably priced
- Slightly thin pads
This clip-on gel polish remover wrap by HiMo is easy to use and holds your cotton pads in place. It is designed with flexible springs that allow you to open and close them efficiently. They are made with heavy-duty plastic and a reusable dash that does not burn a hole in your pocket. The sleek design makes it compact and convenient to store. It comes in a pack of 10 and also acts as a scraper to easily push down the gel polish.
- Clips stay intact
- Easy to use
- Sturdy material
- Less messy
- Clips may be slightly tight
This unique nail polish remover by Reazeal is super effective and easy to use. It comes in a value-added set of two. The solution has a very gentle scent and is made with natural ingredients that do not irritate your nail beds. You just have to apply the remover onto your nails, wait, and peel them off. It does not leave any residue and gets the job done without being messy. This product can be used to remove the matte top coat, top coat, base coat, 3D nail decorations, etc.
- Easy to use
- Safe formula
- Mild scent
- Natural ingredients
These convenient polish remover wipes by PinPai are a must-have in your vanity. They work wonders on cat eye, lazer, and platinum gel polishes. The pads come in a set of 200, which makes them ideal for professional use too. The outer foils are super thick and wrap perfectly around your fingers for easy removal. It takes just about 5 minutes to get the job done. This polish remover is non-toxic and does not contain any alcohol or acetone. Therefore, it does not cause any irritation to your nail beds or skin.
- Mild scent
- Easy to use
- Does not work on shellac polish
That was a round-up of the best gel nail polish removers. Confused about which one to invest in? Here’s a comprehensive guide of features to consider before investing in a gel nail polish remover.
Features To Consider Before Buying A Gel Nail Polish Remover
1. Acetone vs. Acetone-free
- Acetone: Acetone is a flammable solvent that is used to remove nail polish. It has a very strong scent and can be harsh on your skin and nails. If your nail polish remover has a higher percentage of acetone, it is more likely to get the job done in a jiffy. However, it can cause your cuticles to split and dry out, thus leaving your nail beds at risk of infection.
- Acetone-free: Acetone-free or alcohol-free gel polish removers are weaker compared to acetone-infused ones. These removers contain natural oils that help hydrate your skin and nails. They may also contain scented essential oils for a luxurious feel.
2. Liquid, Pad, or Brush
- Liquid: Most gel nail polish removers come in a liquid form. They are less expensive and all you have to do is soak a cotton ball in the solution and work it on the nail.
- Pad: Pad nail polish removers often come in sets and are saturated with solvents. You need to place the pad on your nails and let it soak for a while to remove it. They are convenient to use but more expensive than liquid removers.
- Brush: This kind of gel nail polish removers come in a little tub along with a brush and sponge. The sponge is placed on the opening of the tub, and you place your finger in the solution through the hole given in the sponge. Then you gently scrub the nail polish with the brush. Although this method is a lot more convenient and less messy, it finishes off quickly and is also expensive.
Using a gel polish remover that contains moisturizers and essential oils can prevent permanent damage to your skin and nails. Keep in mind that polish removers that include hydrating ingredients can be quite oily, but these ingredients – when rubbed into your skin – can be super moisturizing.
Want to do your nails with gel nail polish but don’t know how to remove it correctly once the time comes? Here’s a quick guide on how to get rid of that gel nail polish once you’re done.
How To Remove Gel Nail Polish
Gel nail polish is more long-lasting than your regular nail polish. Its durability can make it very hard to remove. Here are a few steps to follow for easy and effective gel polish removal:
- Gather Your Materials: Take 10 cotton balls and 10 pieces of aluminium foil that are cut into large rectangles to enclose each fingertip. Also, have your skin lotion and nail file close by.
- File Your Nails: Filing your nails helps remove the top coat of your nail polish. You need to file until the shine is gone.
- Apply Lotion Around Your Nails: This step keeps your skin from drying out. Do not skip it!
- Place The Cotton Balls On Your Nails: Soak a cotton ball in some nail polish remover and place it over your finger nail, making sure the cotton covers the entire nail surface.
- Wrap With Aluminum Foil: Encase your fingertips and cotton ball inside the aluminium foil. This makes sure the remover stays in place. Repeat on all your fingertips.
- Wait For 20 Minutes: Let your fingernails soak for about 20 minutes. If the polish has been on your nails for a long time, give it a few more minutes.
- Remove The Cotton Balls And Foils: Press down the foil and jiggle the cotton ball back and forth gently. Slide off the foil along with the cotton ball and your gel polish should come right off.
There are many types of gel polish removers, and we hope that you found the perfect one for your needs from this list of the 7 best gel nail polish removers. So, what are you waiting for? Get your hands on the perfect one right away and bid goodbye to tiresome gel polish removal!
- 15 Best Nail Polish Removers
- 7 Best Nail Polish Removers Available In India
- 11 Best Non-Acetone Nail Polish Removers That Will Help Your Nails Breathe
- 6 Brilliant DIY Ideas For Nail Polish Removers