Remember those arm-wrestling games we’d play with our friends? The defeats were humiliating and had us questioning our strength. But guess what? It had nothing to do with your overall strength, but more to do with the strength of your grip! Hand muscle soreness is a common condition that we all have experienced in our lives. Be it as students during exams, musicians after playing continuously, in office after rigorous typing or as athletes or lifters. We seldom pay attention to strengthening our hands, our fingers even while working out. This ignorance is no bliss, believe us. And this is why hand strengtheners are an important tool for one and all.
It’s a gripping device that stretches every muscle from the tip of the finger to the elbow, thus strengthening and improving dexterity and endurance. Hand grippers also tone the forearm, reduce stiffness, and relieve pain from the hand and wrists. Before you shop for the perfect hand grip strengthener, here are a few things you must consider.
How To Choose The Right Hand Grip Strengthener
The resistance level is the amount of force that you need to apply to ensure it stretches every muscle in the hand, wrists, and forearm. Too much force can cause muscle soreness, while too little can be ineffective. Hence, it is crucial to choose a brand that offers levels from beginners to advanced so that you can gradually build your strength.
Adjustable or Fixed Hand Strengthener
While you browse, you will come across two types of hand strengtheners. The adjustable ones are the ones that allow you to adjust the level of resistance. The second is the fixed type. Once you have passed the beginner’s level, you can move to the next level. These strengtheners are pre-adjusted.
Finger Strengtheners or Squeeze Grippers
Finger strengtheners or stretchers solely work on the flexibility and stamina of each finger. They are like a power-inducing band for fingers that improves blood circulation and eliminates stiffness. Squeeze Grippers, on the other hand, come in different shapes and sizes. They are more therapeutic than strengtheners as they are mostly used to relieve anxiety, stress, and rigidity in hand muscles.
Now you are all set to browse through the list of 15 bestselling hand grip strengtheners that can help make your hands stronger. Read on to know more!
15 Best Selling Hand Grip Strengtheners
The Captains of Crush Hand Gripper is a hand grip strengthener that is popularly known in the USA and worldwide. Having a history of satisfied customers, this is one of the most trusted brands you can start with. It has an excellent grip, while the aluminum and alloy steel promise prolonged durability. If you are wondering that they cater only to professional lifters and trainers, then you are mistaken. This brand offers 11 levels of strength, making sure that it suits your needs.
- Ideal for recovering from hand injuries
- 11 different levels of strength to choose from
- This product may not be skin-friendly
- The sturdiness may lead to discomfort initially
Fidgeting is a habit observed in adults and kids alike. Curb your fidgeting habit with these egg-shaped finger strengtheners! These are great for easing tension, limberness, and strengthening muscles. They are soft, safe on skin, and help alleviate stress and anxiety while also strengthening the muscles. These are available in three variants – soft, medium, and firm.
- Alleviates stress and anxiety
- Suitable for kids
- Not sturdy and strenuous
- Suitable for lifters at the beginner’s level
Being strong and well-built does not necessarily translate to a firm grip. To develop a strong grip, you need to stretch every single muscle in your hand. Its sturdiness and clever design exercise every individual finger, thereby strengthening every muscle. It is no wonder then that it is hailed as the original spring-loaded hand and finger exerciser! Used by athletes, trainers, and musicians, this pro-rehab hand gripper is available in four models with different levels and multiple colors to choose from.
- Strengthens fingers individually, hands, and forearm
- Available in four models with different levels
- Caters to everyone from early beginners to professional athletes
- May or may not help with circulation, arthritis, and neuropathy
Want to become a pro at gripping, climbing, and lifting? This workout kit has everything you need to fulfill your dream of strong and flexible hands, fingers, and forearms. Powered by durability, agility, and comfort, they work on your fingers to increase limberness and co-ordination and also strengthens your forearms. This ergonomically designed user-friendly kit is all you need in your kit. The pack contains an adjustable hand-grip strengthener, finger exerciser, finger stretcher resistant band, grip ring, and a stress relief grip ball. An all-in-one complete hand toning and strengthening workout kit!
- A 5-pack kit
- Ergonomically designed
- Portable kit
- The product may not be as sturdy as other hand grippers in the market
- It is high-priced
Flawless Fitness has one goal, and that is to give you a firm and strong grip, whether you are an athlete or a musician. A strong hand is a sign of strong determination. Its super durable, anti-slip quality along with adjustable resistance levels makes it an ideal pick for physical therapy and rehabilitation processes too. And it is absolutely handy as it fits in your pockets, purse, or bags, making it your on-the-go hand grip strengthener.
- Easy to adjust resistance levels
- Portable and long-lasting
- Anti-slip and easy to use
- Ideal for rehab, physical therapy and injuries as well
- The product may be uncomfortable for first-time users
- It does not have a grip cushion
Mandrill isn’t joking when it says it wants to give absolute strength to your wrists, forearms, hands, and fingers! Are you suffering from stiffness, joint pains, and poor circulation? Unwrap this kit for it has got all you need to power up those muscles, release daily stress, enhance endurance, and work up the entire forearm. This equipment also attends to finger flexibility and strength. So whether you are a beginner or recovering from a surgery, this kit is the one to go for as it comes with an adjustable strengthener, finger exerciser, grip strength trainer ring, resistance band, a carry bag, and an e-book for self-assistance.
- 4-pack kit with a carry bag and an e-book
- 10-years warranty
- Non-slip, comfortable hand grip strengthener
- The resistance may not be as taxing as it states. It is suitable for beginners.
A perfect trainer for your hands! NIYIKOW Grip Strength Trainer lets you adjust the model to suit your preference. Unlike the premium models in the market, this one is simple but delivers more than it promises. The plus factor is its ergonomic design that ensures convenient use. It is engineered to be user-friendly and stretches every muscle from the tip of your finger to your elbow. So even if you end up skipping the gym, rest assured your hand will never miss a workout session! They are handy and fit in the small corner of your work desk.
- Easy-turn-dial to adjust the resistance level
- Comfortable and easy to use
- May not be suitable for professional climbers
Your search for the ultimate hand grip squeezer for men and women ends here! MummyFit Grip Strengthener stands out from the rest, owing to its silent operation! And it is portable, making it easy to carry in your pockets, anywhere, anytime. It is designed using thermoplastic nylon and solid steel wheels that come with a lifetime guarantee. So irrespective of the exercises recommended to you, this grip strengthener with adjustable function, assures long-term durability and outstanding results.
- Non-squeaking device
- Versatile, adjustable, and safe
- Ideal for beginners and experts
- The product might be too smooth and slippery at times
- Not suitable for all hand sizes
Make your grip stronger by starting with your fingers first. This striking, modern, and advanced finger stretcher may look like a simple band but is much more than that. A few months of use can make you a master of climbing, intense sports activities, or even a musical instrument. They are safe, BPA-free, and long-lasting. Get your hand on this powerband that’s available in three levels of force requirements today!
- Ideal for rock climbers
- Available in three-levels of force requirements
- BPA-free, skin-friendly, and long-lasting
- Not recommended for severe hand injuries
- Engineered to improve finger flexibility and strength and not for hands, wrists, or forearms
Featuring an ergonomic design, this hand grip strengthener helps you build your strength and endurance with ease. Carry this compact, easy-to-adjust gripper everywhere you go and use it to release stiffness and prevent potential joint pains. It can be used by beginners as well since it has an adjustable dial for different resistance levels. Its anti-slip build promises a firm grip while you exercise.
- Anti-slip build that is durable
- Compact, strong, and adjustable
- Highly recommended for climbers, musicians, doctors, and lifters
- Adjust with caution as the spring wheels are exposed and can cause injuries if broken
Give your hands, wrists, and forearms the ideal workout they deserve! If you are wondering why you can’t hold on longer during pull-ups, your grip is to be blamed. The Eoney Hand Grip Strengthener is an easy-to-use hand and wrist stretcher that improves dexterity and enhances endurance not only of your hand but also the entire forearm. It’s so compact that it fits in your handbag as well as in your pockets. Its sleek design makes it great for gifting too!
- Portable and lightweight
- Adjustable wrist and hand stretcher
- Easy-to-use and anti-slip build
- You need to be precautious while adjusting spring as it can cause severe injuries if broken
Looking for the right equipment to eliminate hand muscle soreness? This trendy hand grip strengthener delivers outstanding results when it comes to increasing the endurance and limberness in fingers and hands. Using these squeezers is therapeutic and soothing and will have you reaching out to them every time you feel slightly anxious. Plus, they are adjustable! The kit also comes with two hand-therapy balls for a complete comforting experience. The pack also contains a waterproof carry bag and an e-book that doubles as a user manual.
- Easily adjustable from 22lbs-88lbs
- The product makes no claim of being a non-squeaky device
How serious are you about strengthening your grip? Four in a pack, these strengtheners are engineered to provide the best workout experience for your fingers, wrists, hands, and elbow. Irrespective of the size of your hand, they are easy to grip and squeeze. They are also adjustable between the resistance ranges of 22-88 lbs. The kit includes a hand gripper made of heavy-duty stainless steel spring finger exerciser that individually works on every finger, a hand strengthener, and a finger stretcher made of high-quality silicone. And lastly, the HerculesGrip Hand Grip Strengthener is crafted so skillfully that they are deemed helpful in recovering from a hand or finger injury.
- Adjustable resistance range between 22lbs-88lbs
- User-friendly and sturdy design
- This product might cause disturbance to some as it may make some noise when it is squeezed
To build a sturdy grip, you need one of the best hand grippers in the world – the xFitness Metal Hand Gripper! Crafted with a durable and robust design, this gripper is designed to deliver outstanding results. The metal is rust-proof aluminum and is anti-slip for a good grip. Its redefined ergonomic design makes it super comfortable to use. This classic, yet advanced hand strengthener gets down to business the moment you start using it. Available in 7 resistance levels from 50lbs to 350 lbs, you can also pick this crusher in a color of your choice!
- Rust-proof aluminum and anti-slip grip
- Available in 7 resistance levels from 50lbs to 350lbs
- Available in 3 colors
The E-smart In Life Hand Grip Strengthener is crafted using superior quality foam on the grip, making it super comfortable and easy to use. Available in a set of two, they are engineered to relieve pain from conditions such as arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, tendonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and more. They work from the fingertip to the elbow, improving overall stamina and strength. Additionally, it can also help relieve anxiety and stress.
- High-quality foam on grip assures comfort
- Fits all hand sizes
- They are non-adjustable
Let us now take a look at the types of strengtheners.
Types Of Grip Strengtheners
- First is the Crush Grip, the type where one needs to squeeze an object between the fingers and palm. For example – softballs, hand stretchers, towel wring, etc.
- Second is the Support Grip, wherein a person must clutch onto a bar or hold onto an object and stretch. For example – pull-ups, carry groceries, water buckets, etc.
- The last one is the Pinch Grip that determines the grip strength between the thumb and the tip of the four fingers.
Now that we know the types of grip strengtheners, we will explore the best way to use them.
Best Way To Use Grip Strengtheners
If you are using a hand therapy ball, hold it as you would hold any ball before throwing it. Press your fingers deep in it and release it. To improve your grip strength and stamina, follow this exercise 50-120 times a day. If you are using the hand grip strengthener, it is crucial to set them to the right resistance level if they are adjustable, and if they are fixed, we’d recommend you start with the beginners’ level. Follow 2 to 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps to warm up the fingers, hands, and arms.
How To Improve Grip Strength For Climbing
These are some of the basic exercises to prep up your fingers, hands, and forearms for climbing.
- Try bouldering. It’s one of the best ways for beginner climbers to gain the necessary strength for climbing.
- Go classic and use hand grip strengtheners. Try to do them as many times as possible without fail. This will stretch your finger, hand, and forearm muscles. Also, they are so handy that you can practice them anywhere, anytime.
- If you use a sturdy bar, hold onto it with your fingers for a minute or so. If you manage to, then try for longer next time.
- Training with a rope helps too. Get one of those thick gym ropes and hang them from the ceiling. Make sure they can sustain your weight. Hang on to it as long as you can. And if you manage to do that for a good amount of time, try climbing up with your hands and feet.
Grip strengtheners are a great tool to make your hands stronger. We hope this article helps you understand how important it is for you to flex your fingers, strengthen your wrists and increase the endurance level of your hands. So go on and shop for the right one before it’s sold out!
Do you have any suggestions? Do let us know in the comments below.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Do hand strengtheners really work?
Yes, they do. They are engineered to stretch every muscle from the tip of the finger to the elbow, thus improving stamina, strength, and flexibility.
Are hand grips good for arthritis?
Yes, hand grippers improve blood circulation, limberness, and endurance level, thus relieving joint pain and stiffness caused due to rigidity.
How many reps of handgrip exercises must I do?
Start with 3-5 times a day and go up to 10-12 reps of at least three sets a day. If you can easily do more than 20 reps a day, you are ready to move on to the next level.
How often should you use hand grippers?
You must do at least 2-3 sets of 10 reps a day, three to four times a week.
Why is my grip so weak?
Lack of flexibility, poor circulation, and stiffness can make your grip weak. Just like working out makes your body stronger, your grip also needs regular exercise to become stronger and resilient.
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 11 Best Cruelty-Free Drugstore Mascaras Of 2020 - July 9, 2020
- 11 Best Mascaras For Bottom Lashes (Lower Lashes) Of 2020 - June 29, 2020
- 11 Best Yellow Nail Polishes To Wear This Summer - June 29, 2020
- 13 Best Magnetic Nail Polishes Of 2020 - June 25, 2020
- 13 Best Water-Based Primers Of 2020- A Buying Guide - June 25, 2020