Most women with green eyes get countless compliments on a daily basis because of how their gorgeous eye color is. If you have emerald or green eyes, you are among the lucky few who can try out a wide range of hair colors that are bound to complement your eyes. The other most important thing to consider when you have green eyes and are trying to decide what color to go for is your skin tone.
To help you out, we have put together a complete guide of the things you should consider when trying to choose the right hair color for green eyes.
In This Article
How To Choose The Right Hair Color For Your Hair
- Consider Your Eye Color
Determining whether your eye color is completely green or if it has tones that are hazel or blue/gray makes it a lot easier to pick a good shade. It gives you the room to decide what colors you can choose to either make the green in your eyes stand out or play it down to bring out its cool or warm undertones.
- Consider Your Skin Tone
Your skin tone does not mean the color of your skin, or how dark or light it is. Rather, it refers to the tone of your skin which can either be warm, cool, or neutral. You can check this by looking at your wrists in the sun. If your veins appear to be blue or purple, you are cool toned, and if they are green, you are warm toned. If you cannot differentiate, it is likely that your skin tone is neutral or ‘olive.’
- Consider Your Present Hair Color
If you have extremely dark hair, going for a tone much lighter may take a lot of effort and damage your hair in the process. Instead, go for colors that are close to your natural hair. It would be ideal to stick to colors that are either three shades darker or lighter.
- Consider Your Clothing
Look at the clothes in your wardrobe. Determine what colors would look good on you. If you look good in warm colors such as red, yellow, gold, orange, etc., it is likely that warm hair colors such as golden, red, burgundy, and rich browns will look good on you. If you look good in cool colors like blue, green, or violet, a cool hair color such as ash brown, light brown, dark brown, platinum blonde, and most sandy colors will suit you best.
What Is The Best Hair Color For Green Eyes?
There are two major factors to consider when you are trying to find the best hair color for green eyes: the undertones of your eyes, and the tone of your skin. If your eyes have hazel undertones that you want to bring out, choosing warm colors is the way to go. To bring out the green or complement the cool blue/gray undertones, choose cool colors.
Keeping that in mind, you can use the following list of hair colors for skin tones as a guide to what shade will look best on you.
Best Hair Color For Green Eyes And Fair Skin
Fair skin has an advantage over the darker shades because most light and dark hair colors tend to suit it well. If you keep what undertones your eyes have, and your skin tone in mind, there is no way you can go wrong with fair skin.
Hair Color Ideas For Green Eyes And Fair Skin
- If you are thinking of red, go for deep and bright reds or browns with red undertones. Shades of maroon also look great on fair skin, especially if you are warm toned.
- For brown hair, almost all shades look good on fair skin. From warm tones like golden brown and rich chocolate shades to cool ashy blondes, it’s all a go.
- If you have been tinkering with the idea of going blonde, you can experiment with pale blondes, strawberry blonde, golden blonde, ash blonde, white blondes, and honey blondes.
- It is best to avoid black if you are extremely pale. But if you have some color in your cheeks, black hair can look really amazing on fair skin.
What Hair Colors To Avoid?
- Golden hair isn’t the best option for people with fair skin. It undermines the green in your eyes, setting your features off balance.
- Copper hair can make your pale skin and redness stand out.
- Auburn hair can bring out the blemishes on your face which most of us don’t always have the time to cover with makeup.
Best Hair Color For Green Eyes And Cool Skin Tone
Green eyes with a cool skin tone leave you with a lot of light hair color options, but there are a few darker shades that look great too. With the right shade, you can pull off any hair color, be it blonde, red, or brown.
Hair Color Ideas For Green Eyes And Cool Skin
- Pale, strawberry, ash, white, and platinum are the shades of blonde that look amazing on cool skin.
- Reds with a purple tint and purple burgundy are some good shades that bring out the green in your eyes.
- Ash browns and soft chestnut browns also look good on cool skin.
- Colors with a blue or a violet base are also ideal.
What Hair Colors To Avoid?
- Black hair is best avoided on cool skin as it creates a harsh contrast between your skin and the hair color.
- Golds are to be avoided, along with caramel and honey.
- Anything with an orange base is a no-no when it comes to cool skin tones.
Best Hair Color For Green Eyes And Warm Skin Tone
You know you are warm toned when your skin has more yellow undertones than pink ones. Warm colors like reds, orange, and yellow complement your skin, making it look bronzed and beautiful. Following are the dos and don’ts if you have warm skin.
Hair Color Ideas For Green Eyes And Warm Skin
- Rich blondes like gold, honey, champagne, and butter platinums look amazing on this skin tone.
- Toffee, rich chocolate browns, and light caramel browns pair well with warm skin.
- Rich red, mainly red based burgundys, look good on warm skin.
What Hair Colors To Avoid?
- Black is not a very flattering color on warm skin and is best avoided.
- Ash blondes and browns are not ideal for warm skin as they make you look washed out.
- Colors with a blue or violet base must also be avoided.
Best Hair Color For Green Eyes And Olive Skin Tone
If you have olive skin, it is likely that your eye color has golden flecks in it. This makes your eyes and skin perfect for trying out a various blend of colors. Following are some color ideas for olive skin and a list of colors that you must stay away from.
Hair Color Ideas For Green Eyes And Olive Skin
- Rich golden blondes look amazing on an olive skin tone, and make it glow.
- Copper based colors work well with this skin tone as they highlight the golden flecks in your eyes.
- Chocolate browns and rich golden browns are a good choice.
- People with olive skin can pull off rich auburns very well.
What Hair Colors To Avoid?
- Platinum blonde or anything ashy is something you must avoid with olive skin.
- Blue, violet, and green bases rarely work for people with olive skin and green eyes and are best avoided.
Infographic: Hair Colors You Can Try For Green Eyes
Green is a gorgeous eye color that looks well with several hair colors. You can experiment a lot with your look. Check out the infographic below to know which hair color will suit you the best.
Green is one of the most beautiful eye colors on the planet. With the right hair color, you draw attention to your stunning green eyes and make them pop. You can pick the perfect hair color for your green eyes based on your exact color. Are your eyes completely green, or do they have flecks of other colors that stand out in the sunlight? Whether you have forest green, sage green, moss green, jade green, seafoam green, or a shade of chartreuse green eyes, go to your stylist and pick out the perfect hair color that makes you look like the incredible beauty that you are! Another key factor when selecting a hair color is your skin tone, more specifically your surface and undertones. You need to factor in your natural hair color and decide if you want to go lighter or darker. Then, choose a hair color based on the common wardrobe colors. So, scroll back up and look at the best hair colors for green eyes listed above for inspiration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do green eyes look better with dark or light hair?
Though the hair color should be decided based on the skin tone, dark hair usually suits green eyes more.
Is blonde hair with green eyes rare?
Yes, blonde hair with green eyes is rare.
Does blonde hair make green eyes pop?
Yes. It is a flattering hair color that enhances green eyes.
Wondering what hair color will suit your green eyes? Take a look at this video that shows how to choose the right hair color for your unique eyes.
Tell us about what you might have in store for your hair in the comments section below.