Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes With Different Skin Tones
Discover the variety of hair colors that will effortlessly complement your hazel eyes.
Picking out a new hair color can be a daunting task. You have to consider skin tone, eye color, hair type, lifestyle, etc. There are so many colors and shades to choose from, and you may wonder how to pick the right hair color according to your eye hue.
This article helps you find the perfect hair color for hazel eyes with different skin tones. Hazel is one of the most versatile eye colors. And one of the things that make hazel eyes so versatile is the combination of gold, green, and brown present in it, making them complement a myriad of hair colors. Below, we have put together a guide for choosing the right hair color for hazel eyes and different skin tones. Keep scrolling!
In This Article
What Are The Best Hair Colors For Hazel Eyes
Choosing the best hair color to go with your hazel eyes comes down to two major factors – the undertones in your eyes, and the undertones in your skin. While the first is easy to determine, the latter takes a bit more of an effort.
Hazel eyes can be divided into two broad categories – hazel-green eyes and hazel-brown eyes. The difference that this makes when it comes to picking hair colors is that eyes with a green tint are better at pulling off cool shades like platinum blonde and ash brown, while warm, brown-tinted eyes look best with rich gold, red, and brown based colors.
Determining your skin tone, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated. The easiest way to do it is by looking at your wrists while you are out in the sun. Look at your veins to see what color they are. If they seem to be blue or purple, you are cool-toned, whereas if they appear to be green, you are warm-toned. If you cannot tell whether they are blue or green, it is possible that you have a neutral skin tone. Neutral skin tone is also referred to as olive skin. Hair colors for neutral skin tones are usually easy to find. Read the article and find the best pick for you.
Considering these two factors, follow the guide below to pick the best hair color for you.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes And Different Skin Tones
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Warm-Toned Skin
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Cool-Toned Skin
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Olive Skin Tone
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Cool-Toned Tan Skin
- Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Warm-Toned Tan Skin
1. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Warm-Toned Skin
If you have fair skin, the undertones in your skin determine what hair colors are likely to look good on you. Those with a warm skin tone like Mila Kunis cannot go wrong with rich gold or or red-based colors. There are different light and dark shades of hair color for fair skin that complement hazel eyes.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Fair Warm-Toned Skin
- When it comes to shades of brown hair dye or hair colors for warm skin tones, rich chocolate and chestnut browns look fabulous. However, brown hair can subdue the green flecks in your eyes.
- For red-based colors, a dark mahogany is likely to be your best bet. Burgundy with a hint of berry is also a great color option that complements the green in your eyes.
- While it is recommended to stay within a couple of shades of your natural hair color, light hair colors like rich golden blondes complement hazel eyes and fair skin extremely well.
What Hair Colors Should You Avoid
- Ash browns can make your skin look washed out and are best avoided.
- Avoid cool colors like platinum blonde.
- Blue or green-based colors do not pair well with warm skin.
- Black is best avoided on women with fair warm-toned skin.
2. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Fair Cool-Toned Skin
Pink undertones in your skin are a dead giveaway for cool-toned skin. This, in combination with hazel eyes, can let you pull off many different hair colors. The best thing about this skin tone is that shades from the lightest blonde to the darkest black tend to look amazing.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Fair Cool-Toned Skin
Here are some of the best hair dye ideas to suit your skin tone.
- Black is an excellent option for fair women with cool-toned skin and hazel eyes. The dark color creates a beautiful contrast, bringing out the green and gold flecks in your eyes.
- Brondes, ash browns, and hazelnut browns complement a cool skin tone and bring out the golden flecks in your eyes. Browns darker than chocolate bring out the green flecks.
- Light buttery blondes, platinum blonde, white blondes, and cool silver tones are colors that are best pulled off by fair cool-toned women. These light colors also emphasize the green in your eyes.
- For bold colors, blue and green bases work well.
You can also take help from a hair color chart that is usually available online to help you get a clearer idea.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- Don’t follow any random hair color trends, red-based colors are best avoided if you have a cool skin tone as they can make your face look blotchy.
- Rich golden blondes, strawberry blonde, and shades of orange or copper do not work with this skin tone.
- Gold-based brown hair color for cool skin tones also doesn’t look pleasing.
3. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Olive Skin Tone
Lucky you, if you are olive skin toned. Not only do you have the most coveted eye color, but your skin tone can practically pull off any hair color! Olive skin is also referred to as the neutral skin tone which can pair well with practically anything. While blondes, browns, blacks, or blues are the best hair colors for olive skin, but you may not want to color all your hair. In that case, you can choose to do hair lowlights to add the essence of a shade.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Olive Skin
- Golden blonde, or light platinum blonde. Both warm and cool toned blonde colors look great on olive skin. Choose the lighter shades if you want to highlight the green in your eyes, and warm ones to highlight the gold.
- It is likely that you are naturally a brunette. When choosing a brown, it’s a good idea to stay within a few shades of your natural hair color to get the best results. Darker browns can bring out the green in your eyes.
- Almost all shades of red, bright or deep, look beautiful on olive skin. They also create a beautiful contrast with the green in your hazel eyes.
- Black is also a great option for women with olive skin.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- Avoid orange or overly golden-based colors, as these can be too close to your skin tone.
- Certain ashy browns and blondes can make your face look washed out.
4. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Cool-Toned Tan Skin
Hazel eyes tend to stand out most on dark skin, and it’s only natural to want a hair color that complements this beautiful combination. Cool-toned hair color for dark skin pairs well with chestnut, or deep chocolate.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Cool-Toned Tan Skin
- Yellow-based colors like rich blondes and blondes look amazing on tan cool-toned skin.
- Dark browns with yellow-based hair highlights work well in bringing out the gold and green flecks in your eyes.
- Purple and blue based colors look amazing on this skin color. Burgundy works best if you want to highlight your hazel eyes.
- Black hair with a yellow, or red-based ombre also looks excellent.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- It is best to avoid hair colors with an orange or copper base.
- Browns that are too close to your skin color can blend in and look unappealing.
5. Best Hair Color For Hazel Eyes And Warm-Toned Tan Skin
It’s common to be warm-toned when you have tan skin. Your skin has yellow undertones, and your hazel eyes are likely a brownish shade. This combination makes the ultimate base for warm toned hair colors.
Hair Color Ideas For Hazel Eyes With Pink Skin
- Red and berry tones look amazing on women with tan warm-toned skin. These colors also bring out the gold in your eyes.
- Golden and caramel blondes that are much lighter than your skin tone also look great.
- Warm-toned tan skin is one of the very few complexions that orange-based colors look good on.
- Opting for a rich, warm brown hair color with highlights is also a great idea. And remember to use a hair toner to sustain the color.
What Hair Colors To Avoid
- Platinum and buttery blondes are a big no-no. They create an undesirable contrast with your skin tone.
- Blue and purple-based colors can make your skin look washed out.
Infographic: Colors To Try And Avoid For Hazel Eyes With Different Skin Tones
Do you want to make those beautiful hazel eyes stand out? We have created a simple guide on the best hair colors for different skin tones that can make those dreamy eyes steal the show. You can also learn about the colors that are a big no-no and should be avoided no matter what! Scroll down and give it a read.
Choosing the right hair color for hazel eyes can be tough, especially since most hazel eyes have flecks of other colors. And based on your skin color, certain flecks in your hazel eyes are highlighted more prominently than others. The two most common hazel eye flecks are brown and green. With green flecks, you want to choose a cooler-toned color. But, with brown flecks, warmer tones work best. Things can get complicated when you also have to choose a shade based on your skin color. But we have you covered! Scroll up to read the article again to thoroughly understand how to choose the best hair colors for hazel eyes based on your skin color.
But, if you are still unsure about coloring your own hair, you can always reach out to an expert hair colorist at a salon. They can help you choose the perfect hair shades to make your hazel eyes pop.
What do you have in store for your hair? Let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does blonde hair make hazel eyes pop?
Yes. Warm-toned shades of blonde, like butterscotch and honey, complement hazel eyes.
Are hazel eyes cool or warm?
Hazel-colored eyes are usually associated with warm tones.
Are hazel eyes rarer than blue?
Yes. According to various studies, blue is the most common eye color after brown, while hazel is much rarer.
Do hazel eyes change color with age?
Rarely. The eye color of an individual usually matures during infancy and remains unchanged throughout their life.
- Choose your hair color according to your eyes and skin tones. You are cool-toned if your wrist veins appear blue or purple under the sun, whereas if green, you are warm-toned.
- The best hair color for hazel eyes and fair warm-toned skin are shades of brown, red-based colors, and dark mahogany.
- The best hair color for hazel eyes and fair cool-toned skin are black, ash brown, hazelnuts, blondes, and silver tones.
- The best hair color for hazel eyes and olive skin tone are golden blonde, platinum blonde, shades of red, and black.