Hairstyles are super important and can either accentuate or utterly destroy your look. But why would you spend money at salons when you can get the best hair dryer under 50 dollars to give you bouncy and frizz-free voluminous hair at home? That’s right! After a good hair wash, use the hairdryer to dry your hair and tame all the frizzies and flyaways. You can also try out different techniques and style your hair with ease by yourself. Blown-out hair, even by itself, looks fantastic and lively and there are numerous tutorials online to help you perfect the blow-drying techniques.
So that you can achieve all your hairstyling goals without burning a hole in your pocket, or wasting time commuting to and fro a hair salon, we have got you a list of the best hair dryers under 50 dollars. We have also mentioned the most important features of each so that you can make the best choice for your needs. So, read on!
In This Article
11 Best Inexpensive Hair Dryers
1. Best Overall: Revlon 1875W Compact And Lightweight Hair Dryer
If you are a frequent traveler, moving around with a bulky hairdryer can be quite inconvenient. But this sleek and compact blow dryer by Revlon makes for a perfect travel-friendly hair styling tool. It has 2 heat and speed settings, which allow you to control airflow depending on your hair type. This lightweight air dryer also enables you to style your hair and set it, thanks to its cool shot setting. This styling tool features anti-slip bumpers to prevent your hand from slipping, a hanging ring for easy storage, and a removable end cap for cleaning and maintenance. Click this video to learn more about the product.
- Compact and lightweight
- Features cool shot button to style your hair
- Available in 3 colors
- Easy to use and store
- It is not dual voltage
- Tends to overheat quickly
2. Best Heat Protection: Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
A perfect combination of ceramic, ionic and tourmaline technologies, this Remington Damage Protection Hair Dryer dries your hair faster, reduces frizz, and distributes heat evenly, without damaging your hair. It features Advanced Coating Technology that offers three times more protection when styling your hair, while the built-in micro conditioners lend you softer and healthier hair. What’s more? It includes diffuser and concentrator attachments for precision and easy styling. With 3 heat and 2 speed settings, it helps you dry your hair at your preferred temperature. Plus, the cold shot button allows you to lock the style. Learn more about the product in this video.
- Features Proprietary Micro Conditioner Technology that softens hair
- The 1875-watt power dries hair faster
- Cuts down frizz
- Diffuser attachment helps define curls
- Includes a removable air filter for easy cleaning
- The diffuser may not attach properly
- May not be suitable for super curly hair
3. Best Anti-Frizz: KISS 1875W Pro Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer
If it seems like your hair takes forever to dry, this hair dryer by KISS will save you a lot of time. It features 3 heat and 2 speed settings and 1875 W power that dries your hair instantly. It makes your hair soft, bouncy, and frizz-free, thanks to the advanced ionic system that preserves moisture and hydrates your hair while also eliminating static and reducing frizz. The Ceramic Tourmaline technology evenly distributes heat while minimizing damage and imparting a glossy finish to your hair. With the addition of 3 attachments and 4 hair clips, it gets easier to style any hair type. This video gives you more information about the product.
- Anti-frizz technology
- 3 attachments and 4 hair clips
- Hanging loop for storage
- Ergonomic design
- Ideal for both men and women
- Bad placement of power button
4. Best For All Hair Types: Conair 1875-Watt Mid-Size Hair Dryer
A hair dryer that is lightweight, powerful, and classic, what’s not to love? Conair 1875-Watt Mid-Size Hair Dryer is both convenient and easy on your hair. Thanks to its 1875W powered motor, this hair dryer dries your hair in no time. This all-white tool features an ergonomic handle that provides better grip, while the 2 heat and speed settings helps you control the air flow depending on your hair type and the hairstyle you prefer. It also includes a cool shot feature that helps close your hair shaft without damaging the cuticles, while locking your hairstyle in place.
- Heat and speed settings allows you to control the flow of air
- Includes hang ring for easy storage
- Cuts down your hair drying time in half
- Lightweight and compact
- Suitable for all hair types
- Heats up quickly
- May not be suitable for long hair
5. Best Durable: JINRI 1875W Professional Salon Grade Hair Dryer
One of the best hair dryers in the market, JINRI 1875W Professional Salon Grade Hair Dryer is efficient, durable and easy on the wallet. It has all the features that you need to get a smooth and beautifully blown out hair – 3 temperature settings, 2 speed settings, a cool shot button, and 2 functional concentrator attachments (one for precision styling and the other to define your natural curls). It features an ionic function, which means the blow dryer produces negative ions that locks in moisture and protect your scalp from heat damage, while also eliminating frizz and lending your smooth and silky hair. It uses 1875 W power, which helps dry your hair in an instant.
- Multifunctional and adjustable heat, speed and cool shot settings
- Reduces hair drying time and produces low noise
- Negative ions function reduces frizz and helps preserve moisture
- Includes anti-leakage plug and long cable
- Includes concentrator and diffuser attachments, and a removable filter
- May not be suitable for thick hair
6. Best Portable: BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Travel Dryer
The famous proverb, ‘Good things come in small packages,’ holds true for this Nano Titanium Travel Dryer by BaBylissPRO. It is compact and lightweight but powerful enough to blow dry all hair types, including thick and coarse hair. Not only does this hair dryer dry your damp hair, but its nano titanium and ionic technology reduces static frizz and protects hair from damage. Its dual voltage and folding handle features make it convenient to carry while traveling.
- Lightweight and portable
- Nano titanium and ionic technology
- Dual voltage
- Features 2 heat/speed settings
- Includes removable filter and stand
- May take longer to dry hair
7. Best For UV Protection: NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer
Say goodbye to dry and frizzy hair with the help of this sleek and compact hair dryer by NITION. Its ceramic-coated outlet grill is infused with nano silver, argan oil, and tourmaline, which work together to smoothen frizzy hair, repair damaged hair follicles, and protect against UV radiation, leaving you with hair that is soft and shiny. Furthermore, it includes far-infrared heat that penetrates your hair strands for quick drying and delivers uniform heat to reduce damage. It features easy-to-control temperature and airspeed settings and comes with 3 attachments that make your hair styling experience more convenient.
- Comes with removable diffuser, comb, and concentrator attachments
- Imbued with nano silver, argan oil, and tourmaline
- 3 heat and 2 speed settings
- Low noise
- Includes a hanging loop for a secure storage solution
- Anti-leakage plug
- The attachments may not click in instantly
- Tends to overheat when used at the highest setting
8. Best Lightweight: Beautural Powerful Ionic Hair Dryer
Take complete control of how you want to style your hair with this lightweight ionic hair dryer that features stepless airflow speed selection, which allows you to rotate the speed dial and set any airspeed you prefer. The 2 heat settings and cool shot button, along with 1875 W power dries your hair quickly and sets your hairstyle to last all day. What we love the most about this affordable hair dryer is the inclusion of ionic technology that helps mitigate static frizz, leaving you with silky-smooth and shiny hair.
- Includes concentrator and diffuser attachments to style all hair types
- Cool air feature locks in style and moisture
- Non-slip handle provides a comfortable grip
- Easy-to-clean detachable rear filter
- Features hanging loop for convenient storage
- The diffuser attachment may not work well on extremely curly hair
9. Best Stylish: LPINYE Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
Light, quiet and fast is how we describe this super stylish and uniquely designed hair dryer. The Light, quiet, and fast is how we describe this super stylish and uniquely designed hair dryer. The AC motor is fitted in the ultra-thin handle, which makes this hair dryer comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver. It’s designed using a negative ionic system that eliminates static frizz while retaining your hair’s natural moisture and shine. Besides that, it also features a wide air duct structure and a U-shaped heating wire that dries hair quickly while maintaining constant temperature and also prevents excessive heat from damaging your hair. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about neck ache or arm fatigue as this hair dryer is lighter than most dryers.
- Sleek and lightweight
- Wide air duct design releases strong and concentrated wind
- Features 3 heat and 2 speed settings
- Low radiation and noise
- Includes 2 concentrator and 1 diffuser nozzles
- High heat and impact-resistant
- May take longer to dry thick and coarse hair
10. Best Low-Noise: VASLON Ionic Blow Dryer
With 3 heat and 2 speed settings, built-in ionic generator, and tourmaline ceramic-coated grill, this ionic blow dryer from VASLON has all the attractive features that can be found in any high-end hair dryer. Designed with tourmaline ionic technology, this hair dryer produces infrared heat that dries hair from inside out, eliminates frizz, adds shine, providing manageable and gorgeous locks.
- Sleek and lightweight
- Adjustable heat and speed settings
- Negative ions help condition and soften hair
- Dries hair faster
- Lightweight and low-noise
- Easy-to-clean removable air filter
- Short power cord
11. Best Fast-Drying: Hot Tools Professional Royal Velvet Hair Dryer
An excellent combination of luxury and practicality, this hair dryer cuts down your hair drying time drastically. It features direction technology that helps reduce overheating and prevents damage and eliminates frizz and lends you glossy and lustrous mane. This lightweight hair dryer comes with 6 heat and 2 speed settings that allow you to control the temperature and airflow based on your hair type and texture. It also includes a concentrator attachment and a styling pik to enhance your hairstyle further.
- Direct ion technology
- Reduces damage and frizz
- Includes concentrator and styling pik attachments
- Includes a cool shot feature to set your hairstyle
- The rubber-coated body ensures a comfortable grip
- Tends to make a lot of noise
- The handle may overheat fast
With the help of these hair dryers, get gorgeous and salon-like hair at the comfort of your home. And when you can get one at a budget-friendly price, it just seals the deal. Aside from the price, it is important to consider a lot of other factors such as attachments, weight, wattage, airflow, heat settings, and cord length, when it comes to picking the right one. We have put together a list of 11 best hair dryers under $50 that not only dries your hair but also gives enviable blown-out tresses! Which of these dryers can’t you wait to try out? Do let us know in the comments below!
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Kirtana Divakar, is a hair care enthusiast and has a good knowledge of essential products to keep your hair frizz-free and healthy. She extensively studied numerous affordable hairdryer options available on the market and browsed hundreds of reviews on trusted online platforms to compile this list of best hair dryers under $50. These easy-to-use and durable products are ideal for taming flyaways and styling your hair in the way you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we use a hair dryer daily?
No. A hair dryer may damage the hair if you heat style your hair daily.
Is a cold hair dryer good for your hair?
Yes. Although it takes longer to dry your hair with a cold dryer, it is a healthier option for the hair.
Is dryer harmful for the hair?
Yes. Regular use of dryers on high temperature settings may damage your hair and scalp health.
Can a hair dryer straighten the hair?
Yes, a hair dryer can help straighten damp hair. Section your hair into smaller bits, comb through and follow the direction of the comb with your dryer while distributing the heat equally.
Which is better: AC or DC hair dryer?
AC hair dryers offer quicker drying results and have longer durability than DC dryers. But they are also more expensive than DC dryers.
How many watts is a good hair dryer?
1800 to 1850 watts is good for quick drying results.
How long do hair dryers last?
A good-quality hair dryer motor may last up to 1000 hours, anywhere between 3-8 years, depending on how often you style your hair.
How can I protect my hair from my hair dryer?
Using a heat protectant spray can help you to create a barrier between your hair cuticles and heat. You can also towel-dry your hair to a good extent before blow-drying it so that there’s less exposure to heat. You can use cool settings at the end to prevent the heat from lingering in your hair strands longer.
Can we use a hair dryer daily?
No, it’s best not to use a hair dryer daily. Using a blow dryer every day can ruin the hair by stripping the natural oils of the hair, drying out the cuticle, and causing breakage and frizz.
How many watts is a good hair dryer?
For personal use, invest in a hair dryer that has around 1800 to 1875 wattage.
Does an affordable hair dryer provide as good results as an expensive hair dryer?
High-end hair dryers come with good heat control and fast drying power. Products that are comparatively less expensive can work slower and are likely to cause more heat damage.
How long does a hair dryer last?
The average life span of a hair dryer is around 800 hours. The more frequently you blow dry your hair, the sooner you will have to replace it.