Agree or disagree, but hair care routines are incomplete without a hair dryer. So, if you are still towel drying or air drying your hair, then let us tell you that you are probably causing more damage by keeping your scalp damp for too long. And gone are the days when hair dryers were used for drying only. With several brands offering multiple benefits other than just drying, getting salon-worthy hair at home is now a piece of cake! Flaunt your gorgeous mane like a stunner rather than keeping them tied up in buns because these hair dryers are here to be your ultimate style partners. Now, who’s ready to find the best hair dryer in India?
Though there are countless brands online and finding the ideal one might take all day, we took the liberty to line up the best options for you! Check out our list of 15 best hair dryers in India below:
Read on to know more:
Top 15 Hair Dryers in India With Buying Guide (2020)
Powered by 1600W, Havells Foldable Hair Dryer will dry as well as style your hair without causing extreme heat damage. With 3 heat and 1 cool shot powerful settings, it delivers an airflow so gentle that your hair can’t help but be silky-smooth and shiny all day long. Also, the structure is designed with heat-balance technology to ensure uniform heating and less heat exposure. A must-try for those who like to dry and style their hair on the go, this foldable hair dryer is easy-to-use and store too.
- Ergonomic design
- Double overheat protection
- Honeycomb inlet to prevent hair tangling
- Detachable nozzle for concentrated airflow
- Travel-friendly and compact device
- Includes storage hook for hanging
- The cold shot feature may produce warm rather than cold air.
Are you always running out of time to dry your hair during rush hours? Here’s a dryer that claims to be super-quick without damaging your natural sheen. Structured with ionic conditioning, this hair dryer with 3 heat, 2 speed, and 1 cool shot settings will have your hair manageable and ready with its powerful airflow. Reducing drying time by half and leaving your hair silky-smooth within minutes, its patented heat shielding technology also prevents overheating of the device and nozzle. Still, planning to head out with damp hair?
- 2000W powerful hair dryer
- Detachable filter for easy cleaning
- Long cord for a mess-free experience
- Durable and safe with special rubber cable
- Adjustable speed setting to switch from hot to cold
- Includes two detachable nozzles for styling needs
- Ergonomic, easy-grip, and easy-to-handle
- Bulky and may not be travel-friendly
If you like salon-like smooth and silky hair, then you’ll love this hair dryer by Nova. With hot and cold features as well as ionic conditioning, it claims to dry and style your hair without damaging the hair shaft. Producing negative ions that’ll protect your hair while styling and drying, the Ehd + technology provides uniform heating and minimum heat exposure too. And that’s not all— this hair dryer has a ThermoProtect temperature setting that’ll condition and add a stunning shine to your hairstyle. Yep, don’t miss on this super combo!
- Easy-to-grip design
- Powered by 1200 wattage
- Ensures gentle and quick drying
- Prevents overheating and hair damage
- Detachable nozzle included for styling needs
- Foldable, compact, and travel-friendly
Is the fear of losing hair or thin mane keeping you from using a hair dryer? Here’s an option that’ll dry your hair gently and uniformly. Philips SalonDry Compact Hair Dryer claims to leave your locks beautiful and shining, with its mild yet optimum airflow. Designed with two heat settings that allow you to switch as per your heating needs, its narrow concentrator is ideal for styling and hair touchups too. A great option for those who have fine hair or are looking for a gentle dryer to avoid heat damage, give this device a try!
- Ergonomic and easy-grip design
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Built-in hook for convenient storage
- ThermoProtect technology ensures hair protection
- It does not have a cold air feature.
- It’s not ideal if you are looking for styling needs
With this hair dryer in the house, anyone can be an expert at hairstyling! Panasonic Hair Dryer with dual heat settings will not only dry your hair but also add a lustrous and salon-worthy glow within minutes. Plus, it consumes 1000W only, which means the airflow is powerful but also gentle at the same time, so you don’t have to worry about heat damage. A great option for those who enjoy experimenting with different hairstyles, try this hair dryer by Panasonic and explore your hobby without damaging your hair!
- Compact and travel-friendly
- Easy-to-use and adjustable heat settings
- Lightweight, sleek, and ergonomic design
- Built-in storage hook convenient for easy hanging
- The cord will not tangle to ensure a hassle-free experience.
- It does not have a cold air setting.
- The airflow may be uneven while heating.
With fast, gentle, and cool drying options all in one, your hair dryer can’t get any more versatile than this! A great choice for dry, damaged, and fine hair, this device powered by 1200W has an option for all your hair drying and styling needs. With 3 pre-selected drying settings (cool, caring, and quick), it is easy-to-use, lightweight, and easy-grip too. And to add more, its ThermoProtect temperature setting provides optimum protection while drying and styling as well. Just what you need in your hair dryer, so you don’t have to worry about heat damage during the rush hours— don’t skip this versatile device by Philips!
- Prevents overheating
- Cold air setting minimizes heat damage
- Foldable, compact, and travel-friendly
- Attached nozzle ideal for styling needs
- Lightweight with a built-in hook for convenient storage
- Airflow may be less at low temperature
- The cold air feature may not be strong enough to dry hair.
SYSKA Hair Dryer, with its heat balance technology, claims to be so gentle and caring that you can use it daily. Drying your hair without damaging the natural moisture, this hair dryer comes with 2 pre-selected speed and heat settings for you. This means you can adjust the heating and airflow as per your needs with instant toggling! Designed with a big inlet to increase airflow and outflow, watch your hair look healthier and bouncier after a quick session with SYSKA! Do you think you can handle the gorgeousness?
- Overheat protection
- Protects hair from heat damage
- Ensures uniform and noise-free heating
- Attached concentrator shields natural moisture
- Foldable, compact, and travel-friendly
- Short cord
- The cold air feature might produce slightly warm air sometimes.
Here’s another travel-friendly hair dryer that’ll surprise you with its quick-drying feature. Structured with 1 heat and 1 cool setting to make the job quick for the user, you can use the heat feature for drying and the cold air feature for styling and drying purposes! With the cold air feature also apt for summers, this hair dryer is lightweight and prevents overheating as well, with its safety automatic overheating cut-out layer. Running at 1000W, this powerful yet gentle drying device is a great option for travelers and beginners.
- Space-saving with a convenient hanging hook
- Easy-to-clean with a removable end cap
- Foldable, easy-grip, and compact device
- Detachable nozzle included for styling and targeted drying
- The cold air feature may deliver warm air.
Say goodbye to frizzy hair, and hello to smooth and silky hair with Havells Ionic Hair Dryer! Given how ionic dryers are known for reducing drying time by half, this device is no different. It will not only dry your hair with a powerful 1500W blow but add a dynamic vibe to your tresses too! Also, do you like styling your hair? If yes, then you’ll love this device even more! For its cool air feature will set your hairstyle and make it last all day long! Need we say more?
- 3 pre-selected drying settings
- Foldable and travel-friendly
- Quick-drying and styling hair dryer
- Gentle and ensures uniform heating
- Fixed concentrator provides optimum airflow
- Long cord and hanging hook for convenient storage
Why make those expensive salon trips when you can have this trendsetter in your collection? Easy-to-use with 1 heat and 1 cool setting, set your hairstyle by freely switching between two modes for beautiful results. Also, while drying or styling your hair, you don’t have to worry about heat damage because this hair dryer ensures overheat protection with heat balance technology. And the best takeaway— low noise! Don’t skip this one.
- Gentle and consumes 1000W
- Adds a healthy sheen
- Ensures uniform and optimum drying
- Quick-dying and instant-heating dryer
- Lightweight, compact, and travel-friendly
- The airflow may not be powerful.
Don’t mind splurging on a hair dryer or looking for a professional one? Then Wahl Hair Dryer is ideal for you. Running on 2000W, this powerful hair dryer with tourmaline technology ensures no static, only soft, smooth, and healthy hair. Offering 3 heat, 2 speed, and 1 cold shot settings to meet all your drying and styling needs, this device will make your hair feel pampered and you, spoiled for choices with every use! And, as for the add-ons— you get 2 nozzles to explore as many hairstyles you like and 1 diffuser to give your waves and curls a dynamic bounce. Grab now!
- Quick-drying and powerful
- Prevents loss of shine while drying
- Versatile with multiple drying setting
- Ideal for beginners and professionals
- The cold shot feature ensures no heat damage.
Add a lifelong shine to your hair in the comforts of your home! Here’s a hair dryer which, despite being powerful (1600W!), is gentle while drying and leaves your hair silky-smooth and shining. Giving the user multiple options to choose as per their drying needs, the device offers 3 heat, 2 speed, and 1 cold shot setting, making it a one-stop for all your hair care and styling purposes. Do you have fine or thin hair? The cold shot option also ensures optimum airflow and drying without causing heat damage. Now, who’s up for salon-worthy makeover at home?
- Quick-drying and gentle hair dryer
- Big inlet ensures quiet and efficient drying
- Foldable, compact and travel-friendly
- Detachable nozzle included for styling and targeting drying
- The long wire and hanging hook for mess-free usage.
- It may heat up quickly.
If you love hairstyling and experimenting with your gorgeous mane, then this hair dryer by Vega will be your ultimate BFF! Packing a punch of TLC and style, watch your hair go from boring to beautiful within minutes with this hair dryer. And given that its powerful blast is gentle on hair— don’t blame us if you can’t stop touching your soft and shiny hair. With two detachable nozzles efficient enough to awaken the style goddess in you, get ready to flaunt a new hairstyle every day with Vega.
- 1800W-2000W powerful hair dryer
- 2 heat and 2 speed settings for drying and styling
- Provides gentle and optimum airflow
- Ensures shiny, smooth, and frizz-free hair
- Includes safety and automatic overheat protection
- Durable cord guard and hanging hook offer long-lasting convenience
- The cold shot feature prevents heat damage while drying and styling.
What if we tell you that with this hair dryer, you don’t have to go to the salon anymore? Yep, whether you have straight or curly hair or want to try a new hairstyle, Hesley Aria Professional Hair Dryer guarantees only one thing— flaunt-worthy hair! Give your curls a healthy and bouncy look or add a stunning shine to your gorgeous straight hair, for this device has 3 heat, 2 speed, and 1 cool shot setting for you to explore. Want more? It runs at 2200W! Yep, consider your drying time reduced to half with Hesley.
- Ultra-fast drying without heat damage
- Guarantees shiny, smooth, and frizz-free hair
- Allows easy cleaning with removable filter
- Space-saving and mess-free with a hanging hook
- Ideal for curling and straightening hair
- The cool shot knob ensures long-lasting style.
Lastly, this sleek and compact hair dryer by Vega that’ll thrill up every travel enthusiast out there! Easy-to-use, and with 2 heat and 1 cool settings, the hair dryer may look small but runs at 1200W to give you a quick-drying experience. Also, its anti-slip handle makes it all the more convenient to use, especially after a hair wash. A great option for beginners, travelers, and those who dislike bulky hair dryers, give your hair a healthy and shiny boost with this cute and stylish dryer.
- Gentle and quick-drying hair dryer
- Detachable nozzle for styling and targeted drying
- Prevents overheating with safety automatic cut-out
- Easy-to-use, store, and travel-friendly
- The cold shot feature is ideal for styling and summers.
- The cold feature may produce warm air sometimes.
There you go! Those are the 15 best hair dryers in India if you are looking for the latest and high-performance models of 2020. Are you still wondering why you need a hair dryer in the first place? Or which one would best suit your hair? Then check out our buying guide below.
Buying Guide – Best Hair Dryer in India
Why Do You Need A Hair Dryer? What Are the Advantages?
It’s a common notion that using a hair dryer may ruin your scalp or hair. However, it’s untrue or misinterpreted. In fact, towel drying or keeping your scalp damp for too long can be more damaging. Not only will your scalp get weaker but also attract more free radical damage due to pollution. So, hair drying is necessary to keep the scalp nourished and healthy. The only time a hair dryer can be harmful is when you use it too often or use it too close to the scalp that may dry out the natural moisture other than just water.
Here’s are some advantages of using a hair dryer:
- It decreases drying time; especially ionic dryers quicken evaporation, thereby reducing the drying time by half.
- It reduces frizzy hair and adds a stunning and salon-worthy shine to the tresses.
- Hair dryers ensure your mane is more manageable throughout the day, even if you leave it untied.
- Unlike a blow dryer that can cause heat damage, a hair dryer is gentler, and it dries hair with no or minimal heat exposure.
- Hair dryers are travel-friendly, which means you can dry and style your hair anywhere, anytime.
Types of Hair Dryers
Pick a technology depending on your hair length and volume for the best results. Here are some of the types:
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Ionic hair dryers produce negative ions that break down water molecules and help with quick evaporation. They reduce drying time, frizzy hair, and do not affect the cuticles too. And since fast drying can cause over-drying, they are ideal for thick and frizzy hair only.
- Ceramic Hair Dryer: Unlike ionic dryers, these are milder and produce infrared heat, which is considered less harmful for drying hair. They not only reduce heat damage but drying time as well and are a great option for thin and fine hair.
- Titanium or Tourmaline Hair Dryer: Comparatively pricier than ionic and ceramic hair dryers, tourmaline hair dryers produce both negative ions and infrared heat to allow even and gentle heating. Titanium hair dryers, on the other hand, maintain a steady temperature while heating uniformly. Also, they both are quick and ideal for long, thick, and frizzy hair.
How To Choose The Best Hair Dryer?
Look out for the following features while choosing the right hair dryer:
- Wattage: The higher the wattage, the more powerful and quick-drying the hair dryer will be. However, this may increase the chances of heat damage too. So, select a hair dryer that best suits the volume of your hair. For example, for fine and thin hair, 1000W-1200W should be ideal, whereas those with a thicker mane can settle for 1500W-2000W hair dryers.
- Weight: Nobody wants to end up with a wrist cramp early in the morning (or anytime!) while drying hair. Hence why you should choose a lightweight hair dryer! Also, they are portable and ideal for traveling too.
- Technology: Hair dryers are designed with different technologies such as ionic, ceramic, tourmaline, etc. They offer various benefits such as adding shine, preventing heat damage, protecting hair, and more other than drying and styling. However, keep the length and volume of your hair in mind before choosing a specific technology-based hair dryer for your tresses.
- Heat & Cool settings: Always inspect the heat and cold options before buying. The device should have at least 2 heat settings so you can switch as per your drying needs and a cool shot option for styling and summer needs. Also, the cool shot option can be used for full-fledged drying as well, if you have thin or damaged hair.
- Attachments: Whether you enjoy styling or not, pick a device with a detachable concentrator or nozzle. They not only help with styling but also make targeted drying easy and quicker. So, choose a brand that offers multiple or at least one attachment.
With that, we bet you will be a pro at shopping for hair dryers now!
Don’t settle for boring hair when these hair dryers promise salon-worthy and manageable tresses in the comforts of your home! Why tie your hair in a bun or clip when you can flaunt them and make those hair-flips like a stunner? Go, pick the best hair dryer in India from our exclusive list ASAP, and watch your hair look bouncier, shiner, and fresh out of a salon— anywhere, anytime. Pick your hair dryer today!
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Which Are The Best Hair Dryer Brands in India?
Philips, Havells, SYSKA, and Vega are some of the best hair dryer brands in India if you are looking for a branded and high-performance hair dryer.
Is It Okay To Use Hair Dryers Every Day?
Ideally, you should not use a hair dryer every day as it may dry out the scalp due to excess heat or split open the cuticles in worse cases. Assign hair dryers for hair wash days only or use them on alternate days rather than daily.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Hair Dryers?
Yes, using a hair dryer has side effects too, but it depends on how you use it and also how often you use it. For example, using it daily can dry out the scalp and further cause issues such as dandruff or hair loss. Heat damage can also lead to split ends in some cases. Hence, try to keep a day’s gap and also avoid targeted drying often and keep a uniform airflow.
Will Cold Hair Dryers Cause Hair Damage?
No, the cool feature is deemed less harmful than heat drying. So, if you have fine, thin, or damaged hair, opt for a cold shot option more. Also, cold hair dryers are ideal for setting hairstyles too.
Is Higher Watts Better for Dryers?
Higher wattage means faster and more powerful airflow. At a higher wattage, you can expect more speed, more heat, and less drying time, but this may not be good for the hair and scalp texture in the long run.
How Long Does the Hair Dryer Last?
It depends on the quality and how often you use it. Occasionally, it will last up to 7 years, but if you use it too often or daily, then your hair dryer should last for up to 2 years.
How Can I Stop My Hair Dryer from Overheating?
Unplug the hair dryer if the hair dryer heats up too much. If you have a detachable end cap, then check if it requires cleaning. Keep the hair dryer at room temperature for a few minutes or until it has cooled down before using it again.
Are ionic or ceramic hair dryers best?
Both are great in their own ways. Ionic hair dryers are known for reducing drying time by half with its negative ions. Ceramic hair dryers, on the other hand, ensure to keep the temperature steady while drying with its infrared heating.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 10 Best Dry Shampoos For Fine Hair In 2020 - November 19, 2020
- Flaunt Beautiful Curls With 9 Best Spiral Curling Irons and wands of 2020! - November 18, 2020
- 11 Best Hair Wax Sprays Reviews In 2020 - November 16, 2020
- 13 Best Vegan Hair Mousse Brands In 2020 - November 12, 2020
- 15 Best Dandruff Shampoos In 2020 With Reviews - November 11, 2020