Do you have thinning hair and bald patches? There are many reasons why you lose hair. It could be due to stress, pollution, alopecia, trichotillomania, or even menopause. There are several medical treatments for that, and many brands provide beauty products that promote hair growth. Some people wear toupees, extensions, or wigs to hide their bald patches.
If that is not natural enough for you, there are great concealing options. Just like skin makeup concealers, hair concealers are getting more and more popular. You can conceal your hair while you are growing it back with treatments and medicines. We have a good alternative to wigs for your natural concealing needs. The answer is hair fibers.
Table Of Contents
What Are Hair Fibers
Hair fibers act as a hair concealing product, giving your hair a thicker, fuller, and natural look. The fibers are made of hair-like components or keratin proteins of real hair. They are tiny particles that cling to your real hair from the shafts, making your bald patches appear full. They come in the form of powder or spray for applying on your head or beard. These hair concealers match the color of your original hair, giving your thinning patches a good volume.
But how do you know which product delivers the best hair fibers for your hair? Here are the 11 best hair fibers, chosen for all types of hair concealing needs.
Top 11 Best Hair Fibers To Buy In 2020
You have an opportunity to fill your bald spots with a hair concealer, making your hairline look like before. These keratin hair fibers intertwine with your real hair to give you a fuller, natural look. The keratin protein is made from high-grade natural protein of real hair. The fibers are statically charged building blocks that resist sweat, rain, and wind. You can apply this product anytime and remove it later using shampoo. They are also a perfect hair camouflage for covering color-treated hair regrowth or graying hair.
- Does not rub off
- For all hair types
- Can cover large areas
- Available in 9 shades
- Lends instant thick hair
- Might need professional help for hairline use
These hair fibers work on your finest, thinnest hair, giving it a fuller appearance. The fibers have a static coating that helps them cling to your hair without causing any damage. Your hair will look naturally thick. You can use this product like a spray and gently dab to help the fibers disperse evenly on all your hair thinning areas. Once applied, they are undetectable through your original hair. These hair fibers for thinning hair are perfect for all hair types, and last through rain, sweat, and wind.
- Perfect for graying roots
- Long-lasting results
- Contains keratin protein
- Easily removable with shampoo
- Covers partition lining or extension tracks
- Might not be suitable for sensitive skin
If you have sensitive skin, you probably are very careful with the type of products you use. This is the best hair fiber product for you, as it’s 100% natural and hypoallergenic. It is an ultra-light, clump-free formula that looks and feels like your natural hair. These second-generation hair fibers seamlessly bond with your hair, giving you a thicker and fuller hair appearance. Febron hair fibers go completely undetected in front of camera flashlights, which is perfect for models and actors. The fibers last all day, don’t clog pores, and also resist rain, sweat, and wind.
- Ultra-light formula
- No ammonium chloride
- Not tested on animals
- No alcohol, gluten, or parabens
- Might leave residue
These hair filler fibers are perfect for your thinning hair and balding spots. Get Back Gorgeous By Gen8 Hair Fibers does all that and also gives you a shiny texture that you so desire. It will look like your real hair, concealing perfectly because of the electrostatically charged feature. There are vivid shades available, giving you at least one perfect match for your original hair. And it is one of the best hair fiber products as it’s made cruelty-free! Also, the brand claims to give you a 100% money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- Shiny texture
- Conceals hair loss
- 100% undetectable
- Non-clumping formula
- Visible results in 30 seconds
- Paraben and sulfate-free
- Sweat and rain-resistant
- May rub off on pillows
If you are looking for hair fibers that give instant results, this product is one of the best for you! With this Infinity Hair Loss Concealer, you can cover the largest bald spots easily because of its thickening feature. Formulated with keratin protein, you get a 100% natural look. These black hair fibers come with a pump applicator that helps in easy application, locking the powder in place.
- Includes keratin fibers
- Lasts for a week
- For men and women
- 30-second solution
- Resists rain, sweat, and wind
- May not be suitable for light-colored hair
Now your hair can look healthier with a fuller, thicker hair look! Cuvva Hair Building Fibers will make your hair shiny and cover-up bald patches for a natural-looking appearance. It looks so natural and undetectable that you can make this hair fiber powder your regular go-to! These fibers are resilient to your sweat and even windy and rainy climatic conditions. No matter the ethnic diversity, these keratin hair fibers will be perfect for your hair camouflage needs. Even if you wear a toupee, it helps cover the hairline seams. It is also great for root touch-ups between your salon coloring treatments.
- For all hair types
- Statically charged fibers
- Hides shiny bald patches
- Available in 4 different colors
- Instant coverage and volume
- Comes with a packet of silica gel
- May not be long-lasting
Samson Hair Fibers are tiny particles that act like hair shafts, making your hair look fuller and darker. The fibers bond seamlessly with your hair, giving a natural-looking appearance. Even people who have recently gone through hair transplant can use these fibers to fill the gaps on their scalp. You can easily pull it off in the spotlight without giving it away. These ultra-lightweight hair fibers for thinning hair are great for all-day events as it stays put even through sweat, wind, or rain.
- Lasts all day
- Undetectable coverage
- No irritation or allergies
- Available in 11 colors
- Comes in a reusable bottle
- Electrostatic energizing process
- Safe for hair undergoing medical treatment
- Some people may find it flaky.
It can be annoying when hair fibers rub off on pillows or clothes. With Hair Illusion Hair Fibers, you can be assured that they not only do not stain, but also aren’t flaky. The fibers last much longer if you wear a nightcap before sleeping. It is made of 100% natural fibers, giving your hair a fuller and thicker look. It also works discreetly on beard or thick, curly hair, making it perfect for multiple types of applications. It is a synthetic-free hair concealer for people, which makes it an ideal product or those who do not prefer chemicalized hair fibers. Pro tip: It works best with Hair Illusion hair fibers spray.
- Easy application
- 100% natural fibers
- For all hair types
- Shows results in 60 seconds
- The tiny container may dispense a very small amount of product.
This is a multitasking hair fiber that not only covers your receding hair spots, but also balances and locks in color. This keratin protein fiber helps fortify your natural hair and gives a good volume. The auburn color will look great with your natural hair hue. No matter the hair type, this hair building fiber will make your hair look natural and fuller. If you prefer toxic-free products, this is the one for you as it does not contain cotton, rayon, silica, or aluminum.
- Undetectable coverage
- No stain or residue
- No pore-clogging fibers
- Paraben, phthalate, and sulfate-free
- Might be messy during application
Disguise your visible scalp using hair fibers such this Boost N Blend Hair Fiber For Thinning Hair. It is perfect for covering bald patches and hair loss. It is formulated with 100% natural cotton, without any synthetic keratin base. This vegan product will lend you lush hair and radiate healthy hair quality. It is specially designed for women facing hair loss post-pregnancy or during menopause. Whether you are sweating during your gym exercise or it’s raining, this hair fiber product can resist it all, sticking by your natural hair.
- Lends 10 times fuller hair
- Provides gray hair coverage
- Cotton fiber formula
- Works in 20 seconds
- Non-staining or smearing
- Sweat, rain, and wind-resistant
- Might not be suitable for sensitive scalp
Boldify Hair Thickening Fibers are perfect for hairline, crown, or temple bald coverage. The follicle-mimicking powder molecules deliver a natural-looking finish without any clumps. The fibers seamlessly blend and provide an undetectable finish, just the way you like it. The brand claims to provide a color-match guarantee too! These hair building fibers are cruelty-free and easy to apply, making it one of the best hair fibers in the industry. The best part is that it is a waterproof hair fiber product, great for your gym classes or hiking trips.
- 100% plant-based
- Clump-free formula
- No chemicals added
- May not be suitable for wide coverage
Each hair building fiber has its own benefits. It might be confusing to pick the best hair fibers to conceal hair thinning and loss. In this buying guide, we have tried to clear all doubts that you might have about hair fibers.
How To Choose The Best Hair Fibers Product
Choosing the best hair fibers is not as confusing if you know exactly what you are looking for. Here are a few intricate details to remember:
- Color: The color of the fiber must match your hair. A black fiber might look good on black-brown hair, but the same hue might make a world of difference when used on other hair colors. Also, the color matters while covering graying or colored roots. All hair building fibers come in multiple colors.
- Application: Not all hair fibers are easy to apply. While some take barely 30 seconds to settle in, others have a whole process of applying, dabbing, and spraying. Either way, you can select the one that best suits your needs. For example, for models who go for shoots, a quick applicator is important.
- Ingredients: Any harmful ingredient will give you temporary results but long-term hair damage. Try and avoid silica, parabens, rayon, or sulfate formulas. Instead, go for 100% natural hair fibers or protein-based keratin fibers. You could also look for something that’s vegan and cruelty-free.
- Environment: Factors such as heat, humidity, rain, or wind directly affect the hair fibers. Get the product that resists all of that and delivers a concealing look at the same time. If you regularly go to the gym, a perspiration-resilient hair fiber is essential.
- Skin-friendly: It is not possible to use any product on sensitive scalp. Irritation, scalp rashes, or burning sensation is often observed on those with sensitive skin. You can choose natural, hypoallergenic hair fiber for that. Make sure to test on a small patch of your skin for a day before applying on the entire head.
How To Use Hair Fibers In The Right Way
Hair fibers come in different types of bottles, changing the way they are used. The three basic types are liquid, spray, and powder.The right way is to follow the instructions on the manual according to your hair type. Here are a few common steps you can follow:
Step 1: Spot the thinning and bald spots on your scalp or beard.
Step 2: Apply the hair fibers in the correct amount, good enough for it to adhere to your existing hair. Wait for a few seconds and dab them to spread evenly across the area. You can rely on the applicator to do the job well. If you use a hair thickening fiber spray, the application will not be messy.
Step 3: Keep a cloth on your forehead, perfectly in sync with the shape of your original hairline. Then sprinkle the hair fibers on the crown and temple accordingly. Let the color settle with your natural hair. The cloth helps prevent skin-staining.
Step 4: Use a hair spray that holds the hair fibers, making them stay longer, especially on the crown.
The best hair fibers will give you a natural look, stay longer, not rub off, and prevent hair damage. The point is not to give away that you have used any hair product. Whichever product you choose, it will be the one that covers the area you have the most hair loss. Different hair fibers cover different intensities of hair thinning. There are hair concealers available for sensitive scalp too. A natural or keratin protein hair fiber product will ensure that your hair looks the best. Just make sure you select the right color, and you are good to go!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does hair fiber grow hair?
Hair fibers give your hair a fuller, thicker volume and a natural-looking texture. They do not promote hair growth.
Does hair fibers cause dandruff?
Natural or keratin protein-based hair fibers do not cause dandruff.
Is hair fiber bad for your hair?
Hair fibers conceal your thinning hair and bald spots. They are made of natural or keratin protein that do not harm your hair.
Can hair fibers cause hair loss?
Choose a product that is not made of harmful chemicals. In general, hair fibers do not cause hair loss.
Are hair fibers safe to use?
Yes, hair fibers are safe to use. They come with an applicator that makes it easy to use. If you have sensitive scalp, choose a product that is hypoallergenic to avoid irritation or rashes.
Are hair fibers sweat-proof?
Most natural and keratin-based hair fibers are sweat, wind, or rain-resistant. Read the product description to double check before buying.
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 13 Best Moisturizers For Rosacea That Have Soothing And Hydrating Properties - December 22, 2020
- 13 Best Hair Masks For Damaged Hair – Reviews Of 2020 - December 21, 2020
- 15 Best Acne Treatment Products Of 2020 For Every Kind Of Acne - December 17, 2020
- Achieve A Flawless Blowout With The 5 Best Rusk Hair Dryers Of 2020 - December 16, 2020
- 11 Best Tourmaline Hair Dryers Of 2020 - December 16, 2020