Are unmanageable tresses giving you a hard time? Or are the frizz and tangles driving you up the wall? If yes, then you must-try hair milk this season! Ultra-nourishing, insanely conditioning, and like a tonic to rejuvenate the original softness and shine, hair milk is no less than a blessing for your tresses. And given the dry, brittle, and untamed frizz, your hair needs a special treatment like hair milk to revive the natural suppleness. Also, are you wondering if it’ll suit your hair type? Prep up, for we have hair milk for natural hair, curly hair, and wavy hair too!
Now, all you need to do is browse, choose, and get ready to witness the return of your gorgeous locks! Check out our list of 10 best hair milks for natural hair below.
Read on to know more!
Top 10 Hair Milks For Natural Hair 2021
Let your hair bask in this flaxseed-infused recipe to revive to its natural glory! Considering flaxseed is rich in Omega fatty acids and used widely for reducing hair loss, the formula also contains coconut milk, marshmallow roots, avocado, and more, thus making it an ultra-nourishing tonic for all hair types. No less than moisture therapy for your tresses, give it a try!
- Hydrating milk for hair
- Suitable for daily use
- Provides intense moisture
- Protects hair while styling
- Detangles, repairs, and adds softness
- Eliminates split-ends and makes hair manageable
- Sulphate-free, paraben-free, petroleum-free, and mineral oil-free
- Ideal for coily, kinky, curly, wavy, and chronically dry hair
- Thick consistency
- It has fragrance.
Let your curls breathe and dance with this leave in conditioner by OGX! Packed with rich ingredients, it contains the goodness of citrus oil, sweet honey, and coconut oil to drench your curls and make them spring. From enhancing hair quality, taming the frizz to adding a decadent shine to your spirals and waves, you can thank us later for introducing this creamy blend to you!
- Hydrates and detangles hair
- Adds softness, shine, and bounce
- Boost volume and makes hair manageable
- Ideal for coarse, medium, to textured curly and wavy hair
- Thick consistency
- It may weigh down thin hair.
Happy curls days are back! Here’s a hair milk that’ll make you want to flaunt your curls all the time. Letting your brush or fingers run through your tresses without getting stuck in knots, this soothing lotion is formulated with natural ingredients. It has coconut oil to provide intense hydration and reduce breakage, and neem oil and silk protein to detangle the knots and add shine and softness. Besides this, the main ingredient— shea butter, treats damaged, dry, and chemically-treated hair intensely to repair and restore the health of the hair. Give it a try already!
- Ultra-conditioning leave-in moisturizer
- Tames the frizz and enhances definition
- Leaves curls manageable, soft, and shiny
- Creamy, color-safe, and sulfate-free
- Suitable for thick curly, kinky, and wavy hair
- It may turn slightly greasy.
- Dispensing the cream may be a hassle.
Are you looking for a mess-free application? Then, this spray will make the session a joy for you and your hair! Get ready to enjoy the 12 good effects of milk_shake Incredible Milk that will make you fall in love with your hair all over again. From detangling, protecting against UV rays, adding volume, maintaining color to controlling frizz, and more, there’s nothing that this spray cannot do. Plus, it contains organic murumuru butter that ensures intense hydration and nourishment for your tresses. Also, it’s travel-friendly, so you can manage your hair anywhere, anytime!
- Hassle-free conditioning
- Leave-in treatment for all hair types
- Protects from heat styling
- Adds shine and softness
- Repairs and strengthens with vitamin A
- Smoothens the cuticles and eliminates split ends
Call it the ultimate detangler if you like because, with this hair milk containing macadamia nuts and vanilla in your kitty, your curls will always be tangle-free. Making hair brushing sessions effortless and smooth, the macadamia seed oil also claims to prevent breakage and strengthen hair from the core. Besides this, the formula also contains rice milk, which is high in vitamin A, B12, and D, and slippery elm bark for quick detangling. Yep, tangle-free curls, anyone?
- Leave-in conditioner with a creamy consistency
- Boosts edge control
- Nourishes and strengthens strands
- Provides intense moisture to eliminate dryness
- Adds smoothness, shine, and improves hair texture
- Ideal for all types of curls and textured hair
- It may turn greasy on thin hair.
- Not ideal if you are sensitive to smell
Whether you like avocado or not (who doesn’t?), this hair milk ensures to quench your hair’s thirst for nourishment. So, if you are dealing with dry, damaged, coarse, or brittle hair, then this hair milk is the tonic you need to revive and repair the strands. Also, it contains certified organic ingredients other than avocado, thus making it an all-natural, safe, and mild leave-in blend for your tresses. Do not skip it!
- Suitable to use daily
- Safe for all hair types
- Boosts length retention
- Adds softness and smoothness
- Leaves hair manageable and tangle-free
- It might take time to absorb.
- It may weigh down thin hair.
Detangling knots hurts, doesn’t it? But to children, it hurts even more. So, if your child ends up running away or avoiding every time you offer to brush their hair, then you must try this hair detangler! With a gentle formula packed with coconut oil, shea butter, and sunflower oil, it provides nutrients, prevents breakage, and softens hair with every spray. Also, no matter how tough the tangles are, it ensures to detangle effortlessly so you can brush without tugging or breakage. Yep, just what you need to make hair brushing a joy for your li’l ones. Try it!
- Improves flexibility and restores moisture
- Ensures hassle-free and tug-free styling
- Strengthens hair and promotes hair growth
- Free of parabens, sulfate, DEA (diethanolamine), and formaldehyde
- Suitable for low porosity, natural, frizzy, dry, curly, and wavy hair
- Hair may turn slightly sticky
When it comes to dry and damaged hair, you must stick to something natural, gentle, and effective! Like this hair milk, for instance, with sweet raw honey and agave nectar is ideal for intense moisture and nourishment that your hair needs. Reviving your locks, protecting them, and moisturizing, this hair milk prevents breakage, eliminates split-ends, and softens hair too. Also, it is packed with umpteen natural ingredients, making it a safe and gentle option for all.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Protect against daily damage
- Eliminates knots and detangles gently
- Adds smoothness with intense and deep condition
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, petroleum-free, and mineral oil-free
- Free from artificial color and cruelty-free
- It may turn slightly sticky.
How about a botanical tonic for your hair? With aloe vera, coconut water, hemp oil, and tea tree oil, this solution claims to hydrate your parched follicles and scalp and also strengthen and promote hair growth. Since your hair needs nutrients to grow and look healthier, this hair milk contains powerful vitamin biotin that ensures to improve hair elasticity and stimulate hair growth. Want more? It’s free from all harsh chemicals!
- Gentle hydrating milk
- Reduces hair breakage
- Protects from heat styling
- Cruelty-free and safe for daily use
- Promotes thicker and strong hair
- Suitable for 4b-4c natural hair, curly, and coily hair types
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and contains no artificial color
- It may flake.
For hair that needs intense hydration, The Mane Choice’s Heavenly Halo Hair Milk could be the solution. Ideal for chronically dry, damaged, coarse, and brittle hair, watch your strands and scalp feel rejuvenated with this softening milk. More like a thirst quencher that provides instant soothing and intense moisture, the formula is packed with premium ingredients, thus making it all the more special. It contains palmarosa oil, yucca root, umutango oil, soy, and burdock root oil that helps to strengthen and nourish hair inside out. Give it a try!
- Leaves hair manageable, soft, and shiny
- Ensures intense moisture and long-lasting repair
- Eliminates dryness and promotes hair growth
- Suitable for all types of hair and textures
- Packaging may be a hassle
Goodbye dryness, hello gorgeous tresses! There you go, those were the 10 best hair milks for natural hair. Are you still thinking about why you need one? Check out our buying guide to know more about its benefits.
How Will Hair Milk Benefit Natural Hair?
Hair milk is an ultra-nourishing formula with natural ingredients that work together to provide intense nourishment to your hair, inside out. A must-have for those suffering from dry, damaged, or brittle hair since post-shower conditioning may not be enough. Here are some of the benefits of a hair milk:
- Detangles and removes knots
- Adds softness, shine, and smoothness
- Adds volumes and makes hair look healthier
- Enhances hair texture and defines curls and waves
- Provides intense hydration and reduces breakage
- Smoothens cuticles and eliminates split ends
- Some of them are infused with hair growth benefits
- More like a tonic for hair to look livelier, bouncy, and decadent
How To Use Hair Milk On Natural Hair?
Usage may vary depending on whether you have a spray or normal dispenser. Ideally, hair milk should be applied or sprayed on towel-dried hair before you move on to styling it. And the steps are simple. All you have to do is take a pea-size amount or an amount depending on your hair length and gently apply on your tresses from roots to tips.
And now you know the secret to bring back your gorgeous and stunning hair! Get ready to untie your natural hair, add bounce to those curls or let those waves dance like never before. With these products claiming to restore your natural shine and suppleness, your happy hair days are now, a hair milk bottle away! So, what are you waiting for? Go, pick your hair tonic now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Milk Good For Natural Hair?
Yes, both hair milk and natural milk is good for hair. Though hair milk is applied post-shower on towel-dried hair, you can apply low-fat milk an hour before you shower to tame the frizz and add softness to your tresses.
Is Hair Milk A Moisturizer?
Hair milk is not only a moisturizer but also provides intense hydration, nourishment, and conditioning to dry, damaged, thirsty and coarse hair.
Can I Wash My Natural Hair With Milk?
Milk may weigh down your natural hair and might feel greasy a few hours later. So, ideally, you must use either coconut milk or low-fat milk if you are planning to have a milk hair wash.