With the seasonal changes, over-styling of hair, pollution, and lack of nourishment arises the problem of dry and damaged hair. Nobody likes to feel the frizzy ends and tangles that take forever to resolve. Split ends, rough hair, and hair fall are issues that further arise from the same hair condition. This is where the need for hair care treatment arises for dry and damaged hair. The best hair treatment products provide nourishment, repair hair quality, and improve hair growth. Such products make your hair silky smooth and lock in moisture to remove hair dryness. Whether you have straight hair or thick curls, retaining moisture in your hair is the key. But the process of finding the apt hair care treatment product for your hair can leave you in a dilemma. After all, not all hair care treatments do what they promise. So to keep your needs fulfilled, we have listed here the 11 best hair care treatment products of 2020 exclusively for dry and damaged hair. These products take good care of your scalp and target hair issues with the herbal ingredients. Have a look.
11 Best Hair Treatment Products For Dry Damaged Hair Reviews Of 2020
When it comes to hair care, biotin is all we need. It is essential for hair growth, quality, and hair texture. This mask with biotin and collagen is one of the best hair treatments for damaged hair. It is hassle-free and can be easily used at home. You can use this mask to condition your hair, repair damaged hair, add hydration to your dry hair, and reduce free radical damage. It is a total hair care treatment for all. From repairing damage to hair protection, the product does it all. Plus it doesn’t dig a hole in your pocket.
- Premium quality
- For all hair types
- Takes time to show results
Botanical oil from hairfinity is truly a blessing for dry hair. This oil is a blend of many wonderful oils like coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, etc. that contribute towards better hair growth and intense nourishment. You can use this oil just like a regular hair oil in order to derive the benefits of a serum, conditioner, and hair rejuvenator. The product suits all hair types including chemically-treated hair and acts as an effective hair treatment for damaged hair. With regular usage, you can expect less hair breakage, improved shine, and faster growth.
- Chemical-free formulation
- Natural ingredients
- Versatile product
- Advanced haircare treatment
- The smell might be too strong for some
Vitamins Hair cosmetics serum is a unique formula that lets you repair your damaged hair easily. It is a keratin induced 24 carat hair serum that revives your mane and gives you shinier, fuller, and smoother hair. The formula is water based and non-sticky to touch. Just like a regular serum, this one can be applied after washing your hair or before using a heated styling tool on your hair. For hair that gets ruined in humid weather, this is a suitable hair treatment product. Also, it is a unisexual product and can be used by both men and women.
- Light-weight formula
- Leave-in formula
- Good to use in humidity
- Might not work on frizzy hair
Tea tree oil has always been a true hair friend. Keeping that mind, Maple holistics has come up with this tea tree special formula shampoo. It is a great blend of oils like lavender, rosemary, and tea tree oil that makes the scalp healthy and hair shiny smooth. The shampoo works as one of the best hair treatments for dry and damaged hair with its mild formulation and stimulating properties. This tea tree shampoo removes scalp build up dirt, makes hair less greasy, and works as an anti-breakage hair treatment. It also tackles dandruff and lets you enjoy a healthy non-flaky scalp.
- Herbal formula
- Makes hair dry
- Good for itchy scalp
- For both men and women
- Less desired smell
As the name suggests, this is undoubtedly the most suitable and healing haircare treatment for damaged hair. The product works as a color damaged hair treatment and repairs hair especially the ones that are damaged due to frequent coloring. It even works towards protecting your color and keeping the good health of over-processed hair. Enriched with cornflower, yellow rose, calendula, and echinacea, this leave-in-hair treatment prevents color from fading and improves hair texture. Plus, it is very easy to apply this light-weight formula.
- Nice fragrance
- Multifaceted product
- Good for color-treated hair
- Works for all hair textures
- Leaves hair greasy when overused
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque infused with sea kelp and argan oil, is highly nourishing for dry and damaged hair. This natural hair mask restores natural lipids to damaged hair and performs the role of a natural hair breakage treatment. Application of this hair breakage product is super easy. All you need to do is apply the product generously on clean wet hair. Spread the formula evenly with a wide tooth comb. Let it rest for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Super hydrating
- Great for damaged hair
- No silicons
- No sulfates
- Poor packaging
Recamier Salon In Leave On Treatment gives you the much-needed care that your hair needs. It is an immense nourishing formula that rejuvenates your damaged hair and gives them salon finish. This unique product is enriched with Moroccan argan oil, and amino acids that nourish hair making them silky smooth. Treating over-processed or dry hair is simple with this leave-in conditioner for curly and straight hair. It makes hair shiny and healthy and helps you evade dryness just like a good hair treatment for damaged hair.
- Moisturizing formula
- Good for curly hair
- Tames frizz
- Effective on dyed hair
- Might not work on straight hair
When looking for an intensive nourishment haircare treatment, you must try this hair mask. Enriched with the goodness of coconut and fig, this hair mask, gives your hair a great quality boost. This product locks in moisture and improves hair texture naturally. It hydrates hair inside out and targets frizzy hair and split ends. If you are dealing with damages from styling, heat and bleach, then this is a must-use extremely damaged hair treatment product. It is suitable for all hair types and can let you feel healthy hair instantly.
- Less quantity
This keratin-enriched leave-in conditioner is what you need to detangle dry hair easily without stressing your hair strands. It is a non-stick damaged hair treatment that is deeply nourishing in nature. You can enjoy healthy hair after every single application without weighing your hair down. This leave-in conditioner is to be used after you clean your hair properly. It controls frizz and adds luster to your hair without taking much time.
- Heat protectant
- Leaves no residue
- Might not help with easy detangling
Nature Nut hair serum is a unique blend of natural oils like macadamia oil, coconut oil, argan oil, shea butter, and Brazil nut. Loaded with herbal ingredients, it is a storehouse of complete nutrition for hair care. Whether you have dry or damaged hair, bleached hair, or color-treated hair, it works for all. This herbal formula when applied properly forms a coating on your hair and protects against elements that destroy hair quality. It needs to be applied in a very less amount all over hair strands for a silky smooth finish.
- Versatile product
- Suits chemically treated hair
- Dye-free formula
- Smell might not be pleasing to all
Hair Bond intensive repair system is composed of high quality herbal ingredients. It is believed to work for damaged hair and reduce breakage. This formula needs to be applied to towel-dried hair thoroughly and sit for a minimum of 10 minutes. You can wash your hair after waiting for sometime. It is suggested to wait for maximum time to get the best results. The best part about this hair treatment is that it penetrates into each hair strand and repairs the structural damage caused on a daily basis. Since the formula is simple to use without any hassle, it is preferred by all.
- Color-safe product
- Slightly expensive
How To Repair Dry Damaged Hair?
Hair damage is generally caused due to lack of nourishment, moisture, and good care. Usually the hair cuticle opens when there is hair damage and the shaft gets more damaged. With the passage of time, hair damage tends to get deteriorated if not taken good care of. Given below are a few steps that can help you repair dry damaged hair. With these tips, you can actually repair strands and make your hair healthy.
- Try using hair oils to nourish your hair and scalp deeply.
- Use mild shampoos, or shampoos free from sulfates to avoid ripping off scalp oils needed for nourishment.
- Never ever skip a conditioner. A conditioner is required to lock in moisture in your hair. Also, it helps to keep your hair tangle-free.
- Use creamy conditioners that can work quickly. Creamy conditioners work way better than runny textures.
- Opt for hair masks at least once a week. Masks are great for that deep nourishment that hair needs.
- Do not comb your hair when wet. It can lead to stressing hair roots resulting in hair fall and damage.
- Use a serum to detangle hair instead of combing them through.
- Try to use heat styling tools less or avoid using them at all.
- Use homemade hair masks including ingredients like banana, honey, or olive oil.
- Apply eggs and essential oils at home to nourish your hair deeply.
- Go for a good shampoo that can reduce damage.
- Choose a hair care treatment especially designed for dry and damaged hair.
- Do not sleep in tight hairstyles. It can cause stress on hair strands.
- Always use a wide tooth comb to brush your tangles.
- Give your hair towel wrap hot treatments at home.
- Use oils that are good for hair and scalp health like argan oil, almond oil, coconut oil, etc.
This is a comprehensive guide to the best hair treatments for dry and damaged hair in 2020. It has all the top hair care products that can assist you with your hair care. Choose one as per your budget and include it in your hair care routine. Why delay when you can get healthy luscious locks now?
- 11 Best Shampoos To Prevent Hair Breakage
- 17 Best Shampoos For Dry And Damaged Hair in India
- 24 Dry Hair Treatments From Your Kitchen
- 5 Simple Homemade Conditioners For Damaged Hair
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 6 Best Alcohol-Free Hair Conditioners of 2021 To Banish The Dryness! - April 25, 2021
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated With These 13 Best Humidifiers For Dry Skin In 2021 - March 22, 2021
- 19 Makeup Mistakes That Are Dangerously Aging Your Look - March 19, 2021
- Groom Your Nails With The 15 Best Nail Clippers Of 2021! - March 17, 2021
- Recharge Your Skin With 15 Best Drugstore Sheet Masks Of 2021 - March 15, 2021