Nothing can bust stress like a good massage – whether it is from your loved one or a professional massage therapist. With the growing popularity and increasing knowledge regarding the importance of massages, many brands have come up with the hand held massagers that serve the same purpose as human massagers. They are designed to target any part of your body. We have curated a list of 10 best handheld percussion massagers available on the market to help you pick the best one. Read on to know more.
But before that, let’s understand what percussion massagers are.
What Is A Percussion Massager?
It is a handheld massager that sends pulses of concentrated pressure deep into the tissue. This deep tissue massage relieves stress and tension from the muscles. During the massage, ripples of motion are sent across the muscle tissues, and this promotes blood circulation. The rapid pulsations relax the stiff muscles. It softens and soothes sore muscles and minimizes pain.
Here are a few benefits of using a percussion massager.
Benefits Of A Percussion Massager
- Promotes Blood Circulation
A handheld massager increases blood flow in the targeted area as the pulsations send vibrations across the deep tissue. The fresh flow of blood relieves soreness and aches in the tensed muscles.
- Relieves Stress
A handheld massager relaxes stiff muscles. It lowers high blood pressure and uplifts your mood. It not only reduces pain but also keeps your body and mind fresh by boosting the oxygen levels. It brings down your mental and physical stress.
- Promotes Sound Sleep
As the tensed muscles cool down, a sense of heightened tranquility prevails. An effective massage of 10 to 15 minutes lessens the stress levels. This will help you fall asleep quickly.
- Eliminates Toxins
Massaging helps eliminate toxins in your body. It boosts your immunity and mildly sculpts or contours your body. It even prevents your body from bloating or getting bulky.
- Rejuvenates Your Skin
Regular use of a handheld massager promotes fresh and youthful-looking skin. The vibrator improves blood circulation in the skin cells. This will help fight the signs of aging, wrinkles, and dark spots. It also brightens your skin tone and imparts a natural-looking glow to it. Including a massaging cream in the regimen helps revitalize the skin even better.
It saves you from spending your money on expensive spa therapies. You can get the same professional-grade massaging experience with these devices right at home. Let’s look at the best ones below.
10 Best Handheld Percussion Massagers To Buy In 2019
1. Purewave CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager
This hand massager offers both percussive and micro-vibration therapy. It is designed to massage your legs and back. It claims to diminish scars, increase blood circulation, relax muscles, and relieve soreness. This lightweight and cordless vibrating hand massager have multiple attachments that work on different parts of your body. With this massager, you can enjoy deep tissue massage and acupressure.
- Easy to use
- Ideal for neck, back, legs, and feet
- Has oscillatory motion
- Relaxes muscles instantly
2. Renpho Handheld Cordless Electric Percussion Massager
This handheld shoulder massager is ideal for the shoulders, neck, back, and joints. It claims to reduce stress, pain, and muscle tension. It relieves aches instantly and is quite useful for muscle recovery. It increases blood circulation as well as joint flexibility. The device is built with 3,600 pulses per minute, which allows intense deep tissue massage. If you need a relaxing therapy, this is the product for you!
- Has 3 different heads
- Covers large areas
- Can work up to 75 minutes continuously
- Comfortable and easy to use
3. Viktor Jurgen Handheld Back Massager
This massager is great for areas like the neck, back, legs, thighs, and feet. It has a dual-head electric massager with three sets of removable massage head attachments. It runs up to 3,350 pulses per minute and has customizable speed settings to manage the intensity and power. This device enables you to adjust the motion and strength as you desire. Viktor Jurgen is the best handheld massager.
- Includes 71 inches power cord
- Non-slip handle
- Has removable acupuncture massager
- Perfect for sports therapy
4. Wahl 4290-300 Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager
Use Wahl’s Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager to relieve everyday pain and aches quickly. It uses up to 3,350 pulses per minute to target even deep-rooted pain. The massager comes with four unique attachment heads for different regions and pain points. This deep tissue massager has a four-finger flex massager head that replicates the feeling of a human massager.
- Targets concentrated areas of tension
- Suitable for the neck and back
- Has variable power settings
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Can break easily
5. HoMedics Percussion Pro Handheld Massager with Heat
This dual pivoting head handheld massager is an ergonomic device that provides an intense deep tissue massage. It features unique massaging nodes that move in circular, inward, and outward actions. It allows you to reach the problem areas effortlessly. This de-stressing tool can be used as an alternative to spas, masseuses, and sports-recovery therapy.
- Ideal for a soft and intense massage
- Easy to hold
- Soothes your muscles
- Suitable for the back, shoulders, and neck
- Not strong enough
6. Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager with Heat
This massager is designed to work on larger areas like the back, waist, and legs. It has six interchangeable massage nodes with three pairs of removable massage heads. With a wide range of speed and accuracy, this massager claims to provide you with full-body relaxation. The device reaches up to 3,800 pulses per minute for an intense massage.
- Targets the reflex points
- Features rotatory control
- The core is made with copper
- Overheat protection
- Very heavy
7. Ohuhu Electric Back Massager
Ohuhu Electric Back Massager is suitable for the abdomen, arms, legs, thighs, feet, and neck. It comes with three removable heads for a variety of massaging options. It is built with high-quality materials while remaining lightweight. It also offers variable speed, power, and intensity options. It is the best handheld back massager as it is easy to hold.
- Easy to hold
- Non-slip handle
- Availability issues
8. Enowpo Electric Percussion Massager
This USB rechargeable massager can be charged anytime and carried anywhere. The three-headed percussion massager massages acupoints accurately from different angles for intense relaxation. It effectively improves blood circulation, activates skin cells, and sculpts your body. This massager claims to relieve stiffness in the upper and lower back, joints, shoulders, neck, legs, and feet. It helps relieve pain caused by chronic back issues, arthritis, and sports injuries.
- Cordless device
- Runs up to 15,000 units per minutes
- Has a built-in battery
- Suitable for all age groups
- Doesn’t vibrate enough
9. Thumper Sport Handheld Massager
Thumper Sport Handheld Massager is designed to transmit the energy deep into the muscle tissue for an intense massaging effect. It comes with interchangeable massage heads with multiple speed settings. The device shoots 20 to 40 pulses per second. This durable massager delivers instant healing experience.
- Sleek and lightweight
- Covers large area easily
10. Theragun G3PRO Percussive Therapy Handheld Massager
Theragun Percussive Therapy Handheld Massager is a fully customizable device made especially for deep muscle treatment, sports recovery, accelerated warm-up, and pain relief. The state-of-the-art ergonomic design with sound insulation and industrial-grade motor ensures to deliver an effective messaging experience.
- Stimulates blood quickly
- Covers even the hard-to-reach areas
- Ideal for relieving soreness
- Extremely durable
- Not suitable for everyday use
- Very expensive
Now that you know about the best handheld percussion massagers, here are some tips that will help you pick the right one.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying An Handheld Percussion Massager
1. Additional Removable Nodes
Ensure to choose a massager that offers multiple attachment nodes for a variety of massage options. There are different types of attachments nodes, such as:
- Rolling Massage Node: This massaging node helps to increase blood circulation relatively faster than other nodes. It relaxes stiff muscles on the surface and quickly enables you to slip into a peaceful state of mind.
- Shiatsu Massage Node: Not all handheld massagers offer shiatsu massage nodes. These nodes are explicitly designed for professional-grade deep tissue massage. It relieves soreness and prevents muscle aches.
- Wide Massage Node: If you require a handheld massager for your back, waist, or legs, you can choose a wide massage node. It is designed to deliver gentle, comfortable, and soothing massage. It promotes sound sleep after each massage therapy.
2. Heat Settings
Having multiple heat settings will enable you to increase or decrease the temperature depending on your choice. This is helpful as too much or too little of heat will not give you the desired results. Purchase a device that allows you to control the level of heat, depending on your body type and sensitivity.
3. Speed Settings
Choose a device that allows you to control the speed settings, so you can enjoy your personalized massaging experience. Generally, the low-speed setting is meant for relaxing, and high speed is for deep tissue massage.
4. Power Cord
If you are opting for a massager with a cord, ensure to choose the one that has a long power cord. This will enable a calm and peaceful massaging experience without you having to worry about the length of the cord. But, given an option, it would be ideal to opt for a wireless massager as it allows mobility without the need for electricity.
Since it is handheld, it would be ideal to opt for a medium-sized massager as it is lightweight and has the perfect ergonomic handle with a solid grip. You can also carry it along during your travel. But again, irrespective of the size, it is better to buy a device that provides easy usability.
These are the top-rated handheld percussion massagers available on the market right now. Pick the one you like, try it out, and let us know how it worked for you by commenting below.
- How Does Head Massage Help In Hair Growth?
- 3 Effective Massages For Weight Loss
- 7 Simple Steps To Do A Facial Massage At Home
- 14 Body Massage Oils And Their Benefits
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 15 Best Glitter Hair Sprays You Need To Try Right Now - September 30, 2019
- 7 Best Electric Blankets Of 2019 - September 30, 2019
- 10 Best Dryers For Curly Hair - September 30, 2019
- 10 Best Onion Oils For Hair Growth That Actually Work - September 11, 2019
- 10 Best Hot Air Brushes You Need To Try Out – 2019 - September 9, 2019