Cancer patients undergo tremendous physical and mental changes due to heavy doses of chemo and radiation therapies. These procedures often result in huge hair loss, which slowly makes the patient completely bald. Hence, one of the most sought after things by people undergoing chemotherapy is a ‘hat’ Such hats help them blend in and keep their confidence. Additionally, these hats protect sensitive scalps of cancer patients from inclement weather. Such hats and scarves are becoming more popular even among people with thinning hair.
This post is dedicated to all patients and survivors who have conquered or are fighting cancer with the heart of a warrior. In this post, we have compiled a list of the 12 best hats you can get online right now. Read on to know more!
Why Do You Wear A Hat During Chemo
Wearing a hat during chemo is recommended by oncologists to help the patients protect their scalp. There are two categories of hats to choose from- beanie hat or scarf and a cooling cap.
Why a cooling hat- A cooling hat is worn during chemotherapy to reduce hair fall during the sessions. This is done by wearing a tight strapped-on cap that narrows and slows down the activity of the hair follicles so that less hair falls out as a result of strong medications.
A cooling hat works on the principle of freezing the scalp to match a hypothermic condition and reduce the blood flow to the scalp, thus reducing the chances of extensive hair fall in the process. These caps are tight but comfortable and worn during and after the chemo sessions to divert the ill-effects of treatment.
Why a beanie cap- A beanie hat or cap is worn during and after the sessions to conceal hair fall. These hats offer a trendy look apart from serving the obvious purpose. They perk up the mood of the patients as they are available in vibrant colors and styles.
How To Wear A Chemo Hat
- A chemo hat is initially kept in a freezer and filled with a cold liquid that is stored in a fridge at -40°F.
- These hats are comfortable yet constricting and cover the natural hairline, offering a full-head coverage.
- These caps are worn first before the session to prepare the hair for the treatment.
- It is then worn during the chemo procedures but replaced every 30 minutes.
- It is worn again after the treatment.
Let’s now take a look at 12 of the best hats that you can choose to look your very best every day.
12 Best Hats For Chemo Patients of 2020
This cap is double layered and specially meant for those who feel cold during chemotherapy. It is made from cotton with a complimentary headband attached. This chemo cap provides comfort to the head and the ears. It’s a fantastic cap to fall asleep in owing to the soft lycra lining, which allows the cap to hold the shape of the head. It’s a trendy cap and is available in multiple colors to suit your taste.
- Made from cotton that provides comfort
- Comes with an elegant headband
- Comes in a multitude of colours
- Double coverage protection
- May not be suitable for use in hot weather
This range of caps by Headcovers focuses on keeping up the confidence after the loss of hair due to chemo. They are therefore designed in a way to give the appearance of a fuller head with full coverage. These sophisticated hats are trendy and are sure to pair well with any attire. It comes in a universal size for all. It is also available in a variety of colors to match your mood and #OOTD! They can be worn in three different ways to take your style game up a notch.
- Made using cotton to offer maximum comfort
- Can be worn in many ways
- Comfortable to wear
- May come off while sleeping
This hat is the perfect option for women undergoing chemotherapy. It is made from polyester and is almost as light as a feather! Couple that with an exquisite style and finish, you can team this hat with any attire. Its design resembles that of a fedora hat with just the right amount of style. The material makes it comfortable to wear during winter and offers full head coverage.
- Light-textured with immense comfort
- Very comfortable for newly shaved heads
- Made of Fleece and polyester
- Provides full coverage to the head
- Easy to wash
- Not suitable for hot weathers
Cardani Bamboo Couture Cap is made from 100 % handpicked, high-quality cotton fiber. Its soft and minimal seams are ideal for sensitive scalp. It offers a one size fit that accommodates all head sizes. These bamboo caps provide comfort and unmatched softness. It can be used for a long time as the 95% Bamboo Viscose, and 5% spandex makes it quite resistant to wear and tear.
- Provides unmatched comfort
- Can be worn anytime
- One size fit
- Provides a full head appearance
- Not suitable to be worn during winter
This headgear provides complete head coverage and is elegant, soft, and comfortable to wear. The turban is suitable for women undergoing hair loss owing to cancer treatments or any other hair loss related condition. The turban design gives fullness for a hair beneath look. The headgear is suitable to be worn with bangs, full wig, and halo wigs. It can be worn directly and is a stylish alternative to wigs.
- Fantastic fit and feel
- Can be worn as a turban or a bandana
- Can be teamed up with wigs
- Available in a multitude of colors
- Not suitable for the winter season
These unisex chemo caps come in a pack of two solid colors that fit all head sizes and offers a snug fit. This bamboo viscose beanie cap is versatile, can be worn by men and women, and is suitable for all seasons. Featuring a trendy design, these go with any outfit and can be worn for hours at a stretch.
- Full head coverage
- Offers comfort and style at the same time
- Can be worn in all seasons
- Available in a variety of colors
- Doesn’t absorb any sweat due to a single layer of lining
This beanie hat is breathable, skin-friendly, lightweight, and suitable for use all year round. The material is naturally stretchy that fits snugly. It provides full coverage with the appearance of hair hanging at the back of the beanie cap. Unisex in design, it gives a trendy and elegant appearance to the wearer. Suitable for sensitive scalp, this cap is the perfect pick for all those looking for a comfy cap. This hat is ideal for outdoor activities, hiking, riding, and casual wear as well.
- Full head coverage
- Comes in a plethora of designs
- Very comfortable to wear
- Contains a fleece lining for the winters
- Not very flexible
This beanie cap from Honenna comes as a pack of 2 hats of different styles, giving you a stylish look every time you wear it. This cap is made from polyester and gives one size fit that offers a snug yet comfortable fit. Complete your chic look with these lightweight, super-comfortable beanie caps, and thank us later!
- Made from polyester
- Lightweight and trendy
- Easy to clean and wash
- Universal size for all
- May not offer a snug fit for smaller head sizes
These incredibly soft and delicate lace turban hats are skin-friendly and wick moisture away from the scalp. The stretchable baggy caps come in free size and are suitable for all head sizes. Designed with intricate, elegant patterns, this soft headgear comes with a stretchy seam that can be used as daily wear. Its lightweight nature and complete head coverage make it a perfect pick for patients.
- Comfortable fit
- Trendy and stylish look
- Lightweight for enhanced comfort
- One-month money-back guarantee
- Not suitable for cold weathers
- Made more for style than comfort
FocusCare Chemo Headwear Headwrap Scarf is made of natural, lightweight, and stretchy bamboo viscose material that keeps sensitive scalp warm in winters and cool in summers. Offering full head coverage, this is perfect for women undergoing chemotherapy. Its unique wrinkled design gives the feel of hair underneath. You can style yourself with this hat by putting it on or behind the ears. This band provides a fitted bandana look, and its no-slip, pre-tied feature makes it perfect for traveling.
- Made of bamboo viscose material
- Crumpled enhances the appearance of hair
- Available in a variety of colors
- Does not slip off the head
- Not suitable for cold weathers
These lightweight, breathable hats are well-known for their soft and comfortable fit and feel. This dual-use hat will keep your scalp free from itch and sweat. They are made from cotton and spandex that allows it to stretch to fit any head size. The cotton material makes it lightweight and allows it to be worn continuously for regular periods. It is designed to offer two-layer protection that enables it to stay on while sleeping.
- . Keeps you warm throughout
- Spandex allows it to stretch easily
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Provides full head coverage
- Not suitable for use in hot weather
This is a four-piece cap that comes in 2 different styles. These hats are suitable for all seasons and are comfortable to wear. These flower turbans are made from polyester and are lightweight. It is ideal for sensitive scalp, keeping it warm in cold days and cool in summers. Each hat is around 22-23 inches with good elasticity. It doesn’t fit too tight, nor does it cause headaches or any other discomfort.
- Comes in different styles
- The elasticity accommodates all head sizes
- Comes in vivid colours
- Lightweight and stylish
- Not suitable for harsh winters
These top 12 hats are well-suited for people from all walks of life with a special focus on patients undergoing and recovering from chemotherapy. We are all quite conscious when it comes to our hair, and it can be stressful to lose them. Thus, these caps are meant to make them feel better about themselves and lift their spirits with classy and stylish designs and a high level of comfort.
Did you find this post helpful? Do let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- 11 Best Mascaras For Bottom Lashes (Lower Lashes) Of 2020 - June 29, 2020
- 11 Best Yellow Nail Polishes To Wear This Summer - June 29, 2020
- 13 Best Magnetic Nail Polishes Of 2020 - June 25, 2020
- 13 Best Water-Based Primers Of 2020- A Buying Guide - June 25, 2020
- 14 Best Tubing Mascaras Of 2020 Guide With Reviews - June 17, 2020