The market has a lot to offer when it comes to hair care products, especially for hair growth. What’s disappointing is that most of the renowned shampoo brands are loaded with harsh ingredients like sulfates, parabens, etc. Such shampoos lack essential oils and end up stripping off natural oils from your hair. In such situations, herbal shampoos emerge as blessings. Some of the best herbal shampoos for hair growth are a combination of natural oils and herbs that contribute towards natural hair growth.
In case you wish to grow your hair length and make them strong, choosing a shampoo amidst so many options can be a difficult task. You need a product that is mild on your hair but effective enough to nourish the roots. It is to be noted that the best shampoos for hair growth can be impressive, but they also make the hair rough with their strong ingredients. This is where herbal shampoos come into the picture. A herbal shampoo is usually mild on the scalp because of its herbal ingredients and nourishes the hair to make them stronger and longer. In this post are 10 picks of the best herbal shampoos for hair growth that might be helpful for you.
Top 10 Herbal Shampoos for Hair Growth in India
WOW products are just perfect for your hair care. The brand offers this shampoo with apple cider vinegar and apple and pear extracts formulated especially for restoring shine and improving scalp health. It is also useful for stimulating hair growth and improving the quality of hair. The apple cider vinegar helps in balancing the pH levels of the scalp and reduces itchy scalp. The shampoo smells sweet and can be great for fighting dandruff. The shampoo is ideal for people with dry or damaged hair types.
- Gently cleanses scalp
- No paraben and sulfates
- Makes hair smooth and shiny
- Gentle on scalp
- Does not give a rich lather
Mamaearth is a reliable brand and this shampoo stands out as one of the best herbal shampoos for controlling hair fall. The special ingredients of this shampoo are onion oil and plant keratin. Onion oil stimulates hair follicles and keratin forms a protective layer that strengthens hair from within. Thus, the shampoo works as a herbal nourishment with the power to curb hair fall. It is suitable for all types of hair. In fact, it is helpful towards taming frizzy tresses. Keratin also helps in reducing split ends and hair damages.
- Good for colored hair
- Free from silicons, parabens and dyes
- Free from SLS
- Not easy to spread
This herbal shampoo is fortified with the natural extracts of amla and bhringraj which strengthen the roots and reduce hair fall. It has a triple action formula that helps maintain healthy scalp, stronger roots and condition hair at the same time. Herbal essence of Ayurvedic ingredients like amla, bhringraj, shikakai, reetha, aloe vera and honey keep the scalp free from itchiness and dryness. As the formula is completely free of chemicals, this organic shampoo is a godsend for anyone who is looking for improving hair growth naturally. It is one of the best shampoos for oily hair which balances the natural oil content and makes hair smooth and strong.
- Creamy yet light texture
- Free from chemicals
- Budget friendly
- Hydrates dry scalp
- Ends up drying hair
Dabur Vatika is undoubtedly one of the oldest and trustworthy brand names in the market. This herbal shampoo offers the benefits of 7 natural ingredients. You get to experience the goodness of herbs like henna, shikakai, hibiscus, amla, etc. Shikakai is a natural hair cleanser which cleans your hair scalp without stripping away essential oils. The natural properties of henna promote hair growth. With all the herbs intact together, the shampoo conditions your hair in the best and simplest way possible. If you have oily hair that gets greasy every two days, you should try this shampoo. You can even use it to get problem free shiny hair growing thicker day by day.
- Makes hair shiny
- Nice fragrance
- Travel friendly size
- Affordable price
- The dispenser quality is not very good.
This shampoo from the brand Khadi is worth giving a try to people who wish to opt for herbal shampoos for hair growth. This one from Khadi is good for treating dandruff and is completely natural. It is loaded with essential herbs like henna, rosemary, neem, basil known for providing deep nourishment and hair care. The Khadi Mauri shampoo is suitable for all hair types. The shampoo helps maintain your scalp’s pH level and nourishes your scalp with its natural formula. The shampoo effectively cleanses your hair of dirt and excess oils while leaving your locks fully conditioned.
- Adds volume
- Mild shampoo
- Strengthens hair
- Good fragrance
- Single wash requires a lot of product
This is a perfect combination of amla, neem, henna and bhringraj extract, to target hair fall issues. It is the ideal choice for people who want to relish the herbal benefits and revive the dirty scalp. You can rely on this shampoo for your hair care and enjoy better hair growth. It is also great for improving the hair strength and overall hair quality. The product claims to efficiently reduce hair fall with its advanced herbal formula. The no chemical formula is safe for your hair.
- Easy to use packaging
- Suitable for dry hair
- Safe for keratin treated/colored hair
- Need to apply shampoo twice to remove oil
The red onion hair growth shampoo Red Onion Hair Growth Shampoo by Oriental Botanics is loaded with stimulating, volumizing and nourishing properties. The shampoo contains 27 hair boosters altogether, to strengthen the roots and keep your hair manageable. This rich moisturizing formula penetrates deep into the hair fibers and works towards repairing, nourishing and soothing roots. People who love to wash their hair every single day will love this product. Since the formulation is herbal and made of mild cleaners, it gently clears dirt and grease off the scalp without bringing down the content of natural oils in the scalp. You can get naturally thicker hair if you use the shampoo regularly.
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Cruelty free
- No mineral oils
- Smell might be too strong for some people
Want to try out a luxurious shampoo with extravagant fragrance? This herbal shampoo is definitely the end to your search. It is packed with herbal ingredients like onion, black seed, argan seed, bhringraj and many more herbs that keep your scalp healthy and strengthen your hair. It helps condition your hair, and works towards improving its texture and curbing hair fall caused by breakage. The shampoo can even be used to nourish your hair and treat head lice. Loaded with essential protein, this shampoo can be your rescue for hair fall as well.
- Adds moisture to hair
- Makes your hair soft
- Helps manage frizzy hair
- Can be used for color treated hair
- A lot of product is needed for a thorough cleanse
This shampoo is formulated with the exclusive Ayurvedic ingredients that have been working miraculously well on people of all age groups. This is a herbal cleanser that removes accumulated dirt from the scalp and thoroughly rejuvenates the scalp. With the ideal combination of multiple herbal ingredients, this herbal shampoo works pretty well on hair problems like hair fall, thinning of hair and dry hair. The best part about this product is its price and genuine herbal composition.
- Good for reducing dandruff
- Travel friendly packaging
- Creamy texture
- Fragrance doesn’t last long
This shampoo is enriched with extracts of reetha, haritaki, henna, bhringraj, and neem. These ingredients not only make the hair lustrous, healthy but also manageable. You can give your hair the perfect herbal nourishment with this shampoo. With special ingredients like amla, bhringraj and neem oil, this shampoo works towards keeping dandruff at bay. This shampoo serves as a natural cleanser to purify and cleanse your hair and scalp. It makes the hair strands strong and reduces the chances of brittle hair.
- Convenient-to-use pump bottle
- No parabens and sulfates
- Organic ingredients
- Too strong fragrance
How To Choose Herbal Shampoos For Hair Growth- A Buyer’s Guide
Consider the following points to choose herbal shampoos for hair growth:
- Take a look at the ingredients. Ingredients must include natural oils or herbal extracts. Essential oils have moisturizing effects that soothe the scalp and nourish the hair. Therefore, herbal shampoos generally contain essential oils. The term plant extract must also be present in the ingredients. These two are the major components of herbal shampoos and you must check out their presence before choosing a herbal shampoo.
- Choose the formula that suits your hair. For instance, if you have dry hair avoid shampoos that will make them drier. Opt for something mild. In case you have oily hair, then opt for shampoos that balance out the natural oils in your hair.
- Sulfates in hair products take away natural oils from hair and make them brittle. Hair color also tends to fade faster with sulfates. Herbal shampoos never contain sulfates or parabens. So make sure when you choose one, it should be free from parabens and sulfates. This ensures the quality of the product.
- Focus on the area of action. If the product claims to be exclusively for dandruff, only then use it for curbing dandruff. Look for the area of expertise before you use it for your hair problem. Read the labels properly. It is important to invest time before choosing a herbal shampoo.
So these are a few ways to opt in order to choose herbal shampoos for hair growth. These are simple tricks which you can instantly perform while in a store or while purchasing the shampoo online.
With a good hair care routine, you can enhance your hair growth. Make sure you choose the right shampoo that suits your hair. We have laid down the best options. You are just a hair wash away from healthier and voluminous hair with these best herbal shampoos for hair growth. So go ahead, find one for yourself. You know exactly what you want in your hair shampoo when you go shopping for the next time. Make better choices and better hair decisions. After all, hair care is an essential part of body care. Hope this article was helpful and informative for you!
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- The 11 Best Skin Firming Lotions For Your Stomach In 2021 - April 25, 2021
- 15 Best Hydrating Face Mists For Refreshed Skin In 2021 - April 6, 2021
- Say Hello To Summer With The 15 Best Sunscreens For Kids - March 30, 2021
- The 9 Best Japanese Toners Of 2021 - March 17, 2021
- The 10 Best Lotions for Psoriasis of 2021 – Our Top Picks - March 15, 2021