Holographic makeup is all about unicorn colors and bling. Holographic makeup products have made a huge comeback since the 90’s, and they are here to stay.
These products add a shimmery illusion of colors to your look. In other words, they involve applying oodles of glitter, shiny highlighters, and pearlescent lipsticks all over your face. Here, we have rounded up 15 best holographic makeup products, so you can give your lips, cheeks, and lids a unicorn-inspired look.
15 Best Holographic Makeup Products
1. UCANBE Kaleidoscope Holographic Highlighter Makeup Palette Kit
The palette has nine stunning holographic colors that catch light from every angle while giving a sharp and fine shimmery effect. The bronzers are amazingly smooth, soft, and creamy, and suit and flatter all skin tones. The powder highlighter’s creamy smooth texture has a stunning holographic finish that glides on the skin while smoothening the texture. It does not accentuate the fine lines or pores. It is perfect for strobing the cheekbones, nose, and even the collarbone. You can also apply a double coat on your eyelids to turn it into a stunning eyeshadow.
- Can be used for strobing
- Covers fine lines and pores
- Not very pigmented
- Needs a couple of coats to achieve a sharp holographic effect
2. Too Faced La Creme Mystical Effects Lipstick in Unicorn Tears
This gorgeous lipstick in the shade Unicorn Tears is simply amazing for those who like to keep their holographic makeup on point. The texture of this lipstick is creamy, but it gives a stunning liquid matte finish look. Though the lipstick appears blue when in the tube, it leaves a holographic effect of tinted purple and blue after applying. You can use this as it is or turn it into a lipstick topper and wear it on any other lipstick. It is a creamy matte lipstick that you would definitely want to own.
- Matte finish
- Dual-colored holographic makeup effect when applied
- Can be used also as a lip topper
- Smells like candy
- Smudges a bit after some time.
3. BTArtbox Mixed Color Reflective Mirror Nail Design
If you are a fan of nail art and blingy nails, this amazing nail sheet is for you! This nail sheet gives a stunning broken-glasspiece holographic effect when you apply it to your nails. The pack consists of 10 various colors of nail sheets – some are transparent ,while some are solid. You can create a mosaic-style nail art or simply cut out the nail sheet in any desired shape that you wish. You can stick these nail sheet patterns on wet nails and seal them with a transparent topcoat.
- Perfect glassy holographic effect
- Comes in 10 fabulous colors
- Easy for beginners
- Difficult to handle thin sheets
- No extra adhesive or topcoat to stick the sheets.
- If not sealed properly with layers of topcoat, the sheet patterns might peel off.
4. Milani Hypnotic Lights Lip Topper With A Shimmering Finish
This lipstick topper by Milani is what you need to have if you are a fan of holographic makeup and everything that is shimmery and blingy. The lipstick topper is cruelty-free and comes in five fabulous colors to choose from. It is loaded with dual light-reflective, lustrous shimmers that sparkle. The lip topper adds a dimension to your lip color when you apply it on top of your favorite cream or matte lipstick. It has a mild tint and is long-lasting
- Doesn’t smear or smudge
- Comes with 5 color choices
- Cruelty-free certified by PETA
- Feels slightly sticky on the lips
- Runny consistency
5. NYX Professional Makeup strobe of genius holographic stick
This super-moisturizing strobing stick is designed to help people get a more dewy appearance that makes the cheekbones pop. It is packed with ultra-fine holographic pearls. It glides on effortlessly to softly illuminate your complexion for a runway-inspired strobe effect. Apply this holographic makeup strobing stick on the highest points of the face, such as the temples, cheekbones, and bridge of the nose. A little brush and dab are all you need to turn a regular makeup look into something stunning and jaw-dropping.
- Effortless and seamless finish
- Glides easily
- Easy to carry
- Moisturizing effect
- Not for oily skin types
6. FCTRY Unicorn Snot Holographic Glitter Lip Gloss, Vegan, and Cruelty-Free
Bring out your inner unicorn spirit with this stunning unicorn snot holographic makeup glitter lip gloss. It is a lightweight sparkle lip gloss that is purely vegan and cruelty-free. It is made from an oil-based formula that you can wear as it is for a chic, glossy shine or over your lipstick as a lipstick topper for some added sparkle. It has an amazing cotton candy scent and comes in five magical holographic shades – pink, purple, blue, silver, and gold.
- Smooth and moisturizing
- Adds a dash of sparkle to your lips
- Can be used as a lipstick topper as well
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Sparkles are slightly abrasive.
7. NYX Professional Makeup holographic halo finishing powder
This ultra-fine loose powder comes in two pearly shades. Dust it lightly all over your face to set your makeup. You can strobe along the highest points of the face, like the bridge of the nose, cheekbones, and Cupid’s bow. It adds a touch of shine and radiance that is apparent in all kinds of light. Natural lighting allows just enough shine for you to look fabulous, and bright camera flashes really make you glow in pictures. You can use it even as a highlighter.
- Matte finish
- Works great as a highlighter
- Sets and blends easily
- Not long-lasting
8. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed- Prismatic Amethyst
Becca’s best-selling Shimmering Skin Perfector comes with a new lavender hue that gives a purple holographic makeup effect. This shade, ‘Prismatic Amethyst’, is infused with pale-gold, rose, and violet pearls that reflect light as you move. The result is a soft shine that reflects a different shade at every angle. This purple highlighter instantly brightens skin and gives it a supernatural glow.
- Gives a perfect lavender/purple highlighter finish
- Easy to apply and carry
- Slightly expensive
9. Cover FX – Shimmer Veil (Halo)
Simply add a drop of Cover FX’s holographic makeup to your foundation or highlighter, and you can achieve stunning multi-dimensional holographic makeup. This shimmer has a weightless cream texture and can be dabbed for a high-impact finish on the eyes, lips, and body. It is very resilient and stays on for a long time.
- Glides easily while applying
- Just a few drops do the magic
- Slightly expensive
10. Milk Makeup Holographic Lip Gloss – Supernova/Iridescent Lavender
Milk makeup’s bestselling holographic lip gloss is packed with meteorite powder and twilight pearls. It contains ingredients like avocado oil, coconut oil, and mango butter that hydrate and nourish your lips. This iridescent lip gloss provides rich hydration and comfortable wear. You can wear it on its own for an otherworldly sheen, or as a top coat layered over any lip color to create a prismatic new hue. For a subtle holographic makeup finish, this lip gloss is the best in the market!
- Hydrates your lips
- Gives a prismatic hue when applied on lips
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Very subtle
- Has a light shine
11. ILNP Juliette Holographic Nail Polish, Rose Gold
The ILNP Juliette Holographic Rose Gold Nail Polish is super classy, shimmery, and feminine and looks charming on the nails. It gives a perfect metallic gold finish and is chip-resistant. The assortment of super-thin metallic flakes in this polish will add to the intense reflective quality of your holographic manicure. It glides smoothly as silk with a single stroke and shines like a diamond with no rough texture. It can be removed easily without any soaking measures, unlike other sparkle nail polishes. If your holographic makeup is on point, so should be your nails, and this nail polish is a wise pick.
- Glides easily with one single stroke
- Smooth finish and texture
- Easy to remove
- Doesn’t last long with a single coat
- Takes time to dry
12. TZ COSMETIX – Aurora Borealis 6 Colors Highlighter / Glow Kit
This is yet another stunning palette for holographic makeup with amazing shimmery colors. This palette suits every skin type and is smooth and soft on the skin. It also smoothens out your pores and fine lines. The palette consists of six duo holographic makeup shades, including pale yellow, gold, lilac-pink, and icy green. When applied, even a single stroke gives you a stunning holographic shade of shimmer and shine. This palette is amazingly pigmented. If you want a dewy beautiful glow on your cheekbones, nose bridge, or collarbones, this palette is for you.
- Covers pores and fine lines
- Highly pigmented
- 6 colors to choose from
- Might not be long-lasting
- Powdery finish
13. Lime Crime Diamond Crushers Iridescent Liquid Lip Topper, Trip – Light Purple – Strawberry Scent
Lime Crime’s Diamond Crushers Limited Edition Lip Toppers are what every holographic fan’s dreams are made of. This lip topper glides seamlessly and glistens like a diamond. From metallic fuchsia to shiny purple, there are multiple options that you can pick from. It is super long-lasting and extremely lightweight on the lips. It also is deliciously scented, like strawberries. You can wear it on bare lips for a nice tinted effect or use it as lip topper over any of your lipstick for a holographic effect.
- Variety of shades
- Slightly drying on the lips
- Not highly pigmented
14. Milk Makeup Holographic Stick In Supernova
Milk Makeup’s Holographic Stick is the perfect holographic makeup product to throw in your bag so that you can reapply your shimmery highlight throughout the day, whenever you want. This stick has two secrets – meteorite powder and twilight pearls – that make it worth buying. The holographic stick has a super-hydrating, buttery formula that is enriched with peach nectar, mango butter, coconut oil, and avocado oil. These moisturizing ingredients create a sheen that is natural and eye-catching while nourishing the skin. The subtle lavender, golden peach, and prismatic pink hues complement every all skin tones.
- Easy to use and carry
- Extremely nourishing
- Might not be long-lasting
15. NYX Professional Makeup Duo Chromatic Lip Gloss
This gorgeous duo chromatic holographic lip gloss glides on smoothly without a hint of stickiness, and there are 10 mesmerizing shades to choose from. You can layer it over a matte lipstick for great shine. Or you can apply it as a clear lip gloss.
- Gives a prismatic look
- Glides on smoothly
- Not very shimmery
- Not long-lasting
That was our round-up of the best holographic makeup products you can get your hands on. From lipstick to eyeshadows and nails, channel your inner unicorn through your holographic makeup.
Latest posts by Harini Natarajan (see all)
- 30 Smart Gift Ideas Under $30 - December 31, 2019
- 19 Best Cruelty-Free Makeup Foundations - December 31, 2019
- 33 True Facts About Love - December 23, 2019
- 30 Top Design Ideas For Couple King And Queen Tattoos - December 23, 2019
- What Is Love At First Sight? - December 23, 2019