Your skin dries up when it loses its moisture. It could be caused by the flu, allergies, or even the environment around you. Since the skin plays a very important role in protecting you from diseases, it is crucial to take care of it. To prevent this from happening, you need to buy the best humidifier for dry skin-related issues. Confused? Thinking about how a humidifier helps with dry skin? A humidifier releases mist into the air and since the skin absorbs moisture from the environment, this mist is absorbed by the skin to keep it hydrated. Apart from that, it also helps in alleviating the symptoms of cold, sinus, and allergies so that you can get a good night’s sleep even during the hard days.
When buying one of these, you will see that a good humidifier for dry skin is difficult to come by. So, we took the liberty of making a list of the 13 best humidifiers for dry skin and sinuses that are sure to keep your skin healthy.
13 Best Humidifiers For Dry Skin In 2021
With this black and sleek humidifier, you can ensure that your skin will receive its share of moisture while you sleep peacefully. It has a 6-liter (1.6 gallons) reservoir and a mist output of 270ml per hour. It has a dedicated oil tray where you can add essential oils which the humidifier will circulate in the room, leaving your room smelling fresh. To make the best use out of it, keep the humidity over the recommended level of 43%. Unlike most humidifiers, this one does not include a filter to save unnecessary replacement costs. It is an ideal appliance for apartments, rooms, offices, college dorms, or nursery rooms.
- It has a blue LED night light.
- It works great in a room of up to 500 sq ft and can last up to 50 hours in a single run.
- Owing to its whisper-quiet sound level of 30 dB, it can be used in your kid’s room.
- It will automatically shut down if the tank runs out of water, keeping your device from malfunctioning.
- It might have leakage issues after a certain duration of use.
When you need a humidifier that strikes a perfect balance between functionality and portability, this mini-USB humidifier from MOVTIP is your best bet. Its compact design makes it very easy for you to carry it to anyplace with a plug point. It has two modes that you can switch between with just a single button. The first mode continuously sprays for 12 hours and the second mode sprays at an intermittent duration of two seconds which will last up to 18 hours.
- It has a large capacity reservoir of 500ml.
- The reservoir has a strong seal that prevents the water from leaking out.
- It has a built-in water level sensor that will switch off the humidifier when the water goes below the safe level.
- It is available in multiple color variants.
- You cannot add any essential oils or perfumes to the humidifier.
If you have a date coming up, it is only natural about wanting to look your best. This facial humidifier for dry skin and nose will show that dry skin is nothing to be afraid of. You can see your skin transform in just a few minutes! It is designed with an atomizing lamp and a new sonic atomizer that features a micro-steam technology to hydrate and purify your skin in just one simple step. The moisture helps in unblocking pores to improve skin tone. To make the best out of it, keep your face at an ideal distance of 25-30cm from the steamer.
- It is BPA-free.
- It is an ideal solution for sinus issues and strained eyes.
- It also helps in getting rid of fine lines, pigmentation, acne, and blackheads.
- You receive full-powered steam in just 30 seconds
- The nano-steam helps in penetrating your skin more efficiently than regular steam methods.
- It has a patented inner cleaning system that claims to give your skin 100% clean and purified steam.
- You might experience plastic odor during the first few uses.
In need of a humidifier that provides your skin an instant relief from dryness and tension? This air humidifier for dry skin is the way to go! It moisturizes the air around you which provides the necessary moisture for your skin. When in low operation mode, it runs up to 25 hours continuously and up to 12 hours on high mode. It provides temporary relief from dry throat, nasal congestion, and cough by eliminating dry air. You can change the direction of the mist with its 360° rotating mist nozzle.
- It is ideal for medium-sized rooms.
- The touch control panel makes it easy to operate the device.
- To keep things quiet, it is equipped with low-noise beeps to notify when it turns on/off.
- It has a detachable and easy-to-fill water tank which makes for easy refills.
- It shuts itself off when the water level is low or when the water tank is removed.
- It comes with a cleaning brush which makes it very convenient to clean the humidifier.
- It easily catches mold.
If you have a small room and are in need of a bedroom humidifier for dry skin, then this MistAire Studio Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is what you should buy. It has a small reservoir of 0.7-liters (34 fl. oz.) that is enough to last up to 10 hours with continuous operation. It has two modes— a high mode that can last up to 7 hours by spraying 80 ml/hr and a low mode that lasts up to 10 hours by spraying 60 ml/hr. And the best thing? It operates with extreme discretion.
- It has a soft glow light which makes it easy to operate in dimly lit rooms.
- It automatically shuts down when the unit runs out of water.
- Owing to its small size it takes less space on your nightstand or desktop.
- All of its functions can be operated with just a single button.
- The moisture tube could form mold after a certain duration.
Is the dry environment in your room affecting your skin too? Then this cool mist humidifier for dry skin from AirExpect will help in hydrating your skin and the environment around you. It releases cool and clean mist to cover a room of 400 sq ft area. You can adjust the moisture level depending on the room condition. It features a top-fill design that allows you to refill the water tank without dismantling the humidifier. It is made from a premium internal base along with an advanced Microporous Carbon Filter Core to prevent stains and dust. It has a 3.5-liter (0.92 gallons) tank which is enough to omit mist for up to 24 hours on low mode.
- It relieves you from dry throat, coughing, and dry skin issues like eczema.
- You can add your favorite essential oils to the water tank.
- It has three modes to choose from— high, medium, and low.
- The top-fill design makes it easy to clean the humidifier.
- Its innovative L-shaped air duct allows for only the required amount of mist to be produced.
- It will shut down automatically when the water level goes below the minimum mark.
- It uses ultrasonic technology which helps the humidifier to run at a near-silent 28 dB.
- The buttons might feel finicky.
It is time to replenish your skin back to its natural state and relieve you from the dry nose and itchy sensation that your skin feels. This is hailed as one of the best humidifiers for itchy skin and other skin-related issues, it provides natural and fresh air to you while you sit back and relax. It has a large water tank of 45 liters which can generate mist for up to 30 hours at a stretch. It uses a top-fill water tank design as it allows you to detach the top part from the base making it convenient to refill the water tank. The top opens about 5.9 inches wide to give you enough space to clean the tank without any hassle.
- It has a mist coverage of up to 380 sqft.
- It has three mist levels that you can choose from.
- It has a 360° rotatable nozzle to set the desired direction of the mist.
- It has a built-in intelligent sensor that automatically turns off the humidifier when there is no water in the tank.
- It might get loud at high settings.
Did you know stress causes a lot of problems to your skin? The best way to fight these issues is at home by buying TOPPIN Top Fill Cool Mist Humidifier. It has three mist levels that create a comfortable environment in your home by creating the right amount of humidity between 40% and 60%. It has a 2.8-liter tank that can generate mists of up to 24 hours at low settings and 12 hours at high settings in a single filling. You can even add essential oils to the tank and experience serenity at home!
- It has an optional night light.
- It has a top-fill design for convenient refills.
- It has a 360° rotatable nozzle to direct the mist in the desired way.
- It also provides temporary relief from sinus, allergies, and cold symptoms.
- It auto shuts down when the water level is below the minimum requirement.
- It has a timer feature that will auto shut down the humidifier at the set time.
- It might have leakage issues.
Nothing feels better than owning an appliance that does the work of two, isn’t it? This 2-in-1 humidifier from Hupro generates both cool and warm mist for the room. Additionally, it also features triple purification, a humidification system, and an essential oil diffuser. The water is sent through an active carbon and mineral pellet of ceramic filters to filter out all dust and debris. The water also goes through an air ionization process to provide a clean and pure mist.
- It has a 4-liter reservoir that can cover an area of up to 500 sq ft.
- To ensure safety, it automatically shuts off when the tank is empty.
- You can choose the humidity level by using the slider.
- It has an auto mode that detects the room humidity and generates the required amount of mist.
- It has a top filling system that has a detachable water tank with a safety handle and an extra-wide opening to ensure there is no spillage while filling the tank.
- The special lamp in the humidifier prevents any stale odor to be formed in the tank.
- To freshen up your room with revitalizing scent, you can add the essential oils with the warm air settings.
- It might be a little prone to leakage.
Children’s skin is extremely susceptible to the weather outside; this Safety 1st’s humidifier for dry eyes and skin will ensure your kids have smooth and healthy skin. What makes it stand out is that it has two rotatable mist outlets which can be oriented in the direction you want. Owing to its quiet ultrasonic operation, you can rest easy that your children will not be disturbed by the humidifier. It has a rotatable knob that lets you adjust the level of mist to the required amount.
- On low settings, it can continuously generate mist for up to 24 hours.
- It does not have any filters making it easy-to-clean.
- It turns off automatically when the water tank becomes empty.
- You cannot add essential oils to it.
Relief from dry air means relief from dry skin. This beautiful-looking AquaOasis™ Cool Mist Humidifier is one of the most effective humidifiers for dry rooms on the market as it provides relief in just a few minutes. It has a large 2.2-liter water tank that can generate mist for up to 24 hours between refills. You don’t have to worry about manually shutting it down when the tank becomes empty, it has an automatic shut-off feature to do that.
- It is safe to be used in your kids’ room during the night.
- It does not have any filters to keep the maintenance cost in check.
- You can sleep undisturbed by the humidifier owing to its near-silent operation.
- It has a simple dial to change between the multiple levels of mist settings.
- It has a 360° rotatable nozzle to change the direction of the mist.
- The nozzle opening is pretty small, so you might find it difficult to clean it thoroughly.
From dusk to dawn and back to dusk, this humidifier from Elechomes will ensure your room will feel comfortable. It has a large 5.5-liter water tank that can generate mist for up to 55 hours in a single filling. The water tank has handles that make it easy-to-carry and has an output of 600 ml/h to cover a room area of up to 755 sq ft. It features advanced ultrasonic cold mist technology which helps it run at a whisper-silent level of 20-32 dB.
- It includes a remote control.
- It has a built-in essential oil tray.
- It generates both cool and warm water mist to provide you comfort all year long.
- In the night mode, you can turn off the screen for less distraction.
- The warm mist might get too hot.
If you are looking for a vaporizer or humidifier for dry skin, LALAYA Facial Steamer is your best. You don’t necessarily have to go to a spa to treat your dry skin, you can do it right from the comfort of your home. It acts as your personal skincare expert as it provides multiple facial treatments like reducing acne, weakening pigmented spots, removing sinus congestions, and more! It uses an advanced PTC ceramic heating element that vaporizes water and provides strong steam in no time. The nano steam particles are combined with ionic particles that can penetrate your skin 10x more than the normal ones.
- It is ideal for oily, dry, and neutral skin types.
- This facial steamer can generate steam of up to 12 minutes.
- You can control the steam volume using its dedicated button on the front.
- It doubles as both a facial sauna and an inhaler (both, mouth and nose inhaler attachments provided in the package).
- It has an auto-shutdown feature for the times when the steamer runs out of water for your safety.
- It is made from plastic and may look cheap.
There you go! That was our list of the 13 best humidifiers for dry skin. But before you buy any of these, you should probably learn a few important things about humidifiers. If you have never used one before, you should continue reading to know more about the humidifier benefits for skin and how to actually choose the best one for you.
The Best Humidifier For Dry Skin – A Buying Guide
Considering the various types of humidifiers on this list, it is natural that you would find it difficult to choose the right one. Don’t worry, this buying guide will help you in choosing the right one.
- Duration: The duration of the mist generated could be a deciding factor if you are someone who uses the humidifier during the nights. To help you decide this, you need to check if the humidifier has different modes that will prolong the duration of the mist. Generally, humidifiers with low settings can run for really long hours depending on their water tank capacity.
- Water Tank Capacity: Since the duration of the humidifier depends on the water tank capacity, you need to pick a humidifier that has the tank capacity to match your needs. Something like LONOVE Nano Ionic Face Steamer has a really small water tank since it majorly works as a face steamer. Whereas, Hupro Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier is a humidifier that can generate moisture for the entire room for hours. The best thing about having a humidifier with a large tank is that you will not have to refill it every few hours.
- Auto Shut Down: Running a humidifier with an empty tank or even water below the minimum is extremely dangerous. As the name says it all, this feature automatically turns off the device when the water goes below the minimum requirement. So, be safe and choose a humidifier with an auto shut down feature.
- Refill and Cleaning Process: The one thing that you will constantly do with a humidifier is to refill its water tank. Refilling can get messy if there are too many steps involved. So, the best thing is to select a humidifier that gives you easy access to its water tank. This also applies when it comes to cleaning it. The water tank and the discharge tubes need to be regularly cleaned or else they could be infested with mold.
- Essential Oils: This might not be on top of everyone’s list but having the option of adding essential oils to the humidifier can help you lift your spirits up. When the essential oil is mixed in the humidifier, the mist will have an added refreshing odor when it is released into the room making you feel calm and relaxed. Some brands on our list have this feature and might be something you could consider buying.
Benefits Of A Humidifier For Dry Skin
The lack of humidity in the environment around you is what results in your skin losing its moisture. A humidifier basically generates mist and releases it into the room to balance the humidity. This helps your skin retain its moisture and prevents it from drying up. It keeps your skin from scaling, itching, and cracking, and prevents it from leading to other skin-related issues.
We understand that dry skin can be really worrisome. For some, it is extremely difficult to keep their skin hydrated even after applying moisturizers. Multiple times! Having a humidifier that requires no action from you except being in the same room is one of the easiest and safest ways to treat dry skin. If that is not enough, it also temporarily alleviates symptoms of dry throat, cold, sinus, and allergies. So, what are you waiting for? Pick the one you like the most and order away!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do humidifiers help with dry skin?
Yes, they do. Humidifiers release mist to the environment around which helps the skin to receive its share of moisture to prevent dryness.
Is a humidifier good for dry skin?
Yes! Using a humidifier is one of the easiest and safest ways to skincare.
Does sleeping with a humidifier on, help dry skin?
Sleeping with a humidifier on during the night is extremely beneficial. Not only does it help improve your skin but it also prevents you from catching a cold or flu.
Is a cool or warm mist humidifier better for dry skin?
Out of the two, a cool-mist humidifier is better to treat dry skin.
Is it bad to sleep with a humidifier every night?
No, it is extremely safe to sleep with the humidifier turned on every night given that you clean it regularly.