Talk to a dermatologist, K-beauty expert, or an Instagram influencer, and they will tell you the secret of glowing skin is hydration – and a lot of it. I’m not sure if you are aware of the famous Korean skin care routine that the world is going crazy over, but the concept focuses on hydrating your skin. Here’s one product that restores moisture and repairs your skin – a hydrating mask. A hydrating mask rejuvenates your skin and gives it a natural glow. Here’s a list of the best hydrating face masks you can lay your hands on. Take a look.
Best Hydrating Face Masks
1. Paula’s Choice SKIN RECOVERY Hydrating Treatment Facial Mask
This face mask treats and repairs your skin from all the damage it goes through. It works like a charm on dry skin and makes it dewy, soft, and supple. It contains antioxidants, plant-based oils, and vitamins. You can clean it up with warm water after 20 minutes or leave it on overnight.
- Improves elasticity and firmness
- Calms and fortifies skin
- Makes your skin plumper and vibrant
2. Glamglow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment
Glamglow products have been a massive hit from the get-go, and this one’s one of them. It is a blend of moisture-rich ingredients like coconut oil, vitamin E, and ginger root that replenish your skin and treat it. Apply the face mask, leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse it off. Use this at least once or twice a week for best results.
- Restores moisture balance
- Contains hyaluronic acid that helps with hydration
- Contains coconut oil, vitamins C and E, along with other fortifying ingredients
- Does not give radiance or glow
3. Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask
Sheet masks have taken over the traditional mud or clay masks because they are fuss-free and twice as effective. Different masks do different things, but if you are looking for hydration, look no further than Shiseido Retinol Mask. It delivers high-quality ingredients and retinol to your skin by using a unique formula that improves the overall texture of your skin.
- Softens skin
- Contains hydroxyproline that firms your skin
- Contains parabens
4. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask
Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask is a moisture-rich treatment that leaves you with soft and supple skin almost immediately. The ingredients are not only effective but also unique. Black tea (kombucha) ferment is an antioxidant that protects and fights against free radicals, and lychee seed extract improves elasticity.
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- Makes skin smoother and firmer
5. Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask
Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask is a cream-based mask that is delicately scented with rose and formulated to plump up and brighten your face. It contains vitamin E, chlorella, and geranium oil that have anti-aging properties and delay the appearance of fine lines.
- Instant results
- Makes skin soft and plump
- Smooths fine lines
- Not meant for acne-prone skin
6. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque
Dry skin needs a lot of care. You need masks like this that add a ton of moisture while calming down parched skin. It contains cucumber, papaya, chamomile, pineapple, sugar, and aloe extracts that work on sunburns, waxing blisters, and tan. Apply a thick coat and leave it on for 15 minutes before you rinse it.
- Suits all skin types
- Depuffs your face
- Hydration is not long-lasting.
7. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask
Glow Recipe Watermelon Mask is a bouncy, breathable, and rejuvenating sleep mask that wakes you up to plump and ultra-soft skin in the morning. The transfer-proof, lightweight formula contains HCA and AHAs that scrape off dead skin cells while maintaining the moisture balance.
- Oil-free formula
- Soothes skin
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- It can cause breakouts in some people.
8. Tata Harper Moisturizing Mask
Tata Harper’s Moisturizing Mask is a meticulous formulation that delivers what it promises. It contains Moisture Molecule Complex™that hydrates your skin and helps to revitalize it by improving its strength and resilience. If you have dehydrated, flaky, or painfully dry skin, this is your best bet. Use it two to three times a week for great results.
- Spa-like experience
- Free of toxins or artificial fragrances
- Strong smell
9. Tatcha LUMINOUS Deep Hydration Lifting Mask
This pure coconut-extract based mask boosts your skin’s moisture content and visibly plumps it up. The bio-cellulose treatment mask is formulated using a proprietary complex with Okinawa red algae, natural hyaluronic acid, and other Japanese superfoods that deliver hydration, improve firmness, and battle all signs of anti-aging.
- Free of chemicals, mineral oils, and sulfates
- Improves skin elasticity and texture
- Does not help dehydrated skin
10. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask gets your face all charged and plumped up by the morning. This fast-absorbing and lightweight formula contain ionized mineral water and ceramides that infuse moisture deep into your skin. Apricot and evening primrose extracts are natural exfoliators, but the showstopper is Sleepscent™, a blend of ylang-ylang, rose, sandalwood oil, and orange flower that rejuvenates your skin.
- Brightens up the face
- Sulfate- and paraben-free
- Soaks into the skin too fast, so it feels like it’s not doing much.
11. Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture Mask
The Perricone MD Cocoa Moisture Mask is a luxurious cocoa-infused mask that works on firming and tightening the skin and providing hydration. The texture of this mask is unique. It has off-white cocoa microcapsules, which turn deep brown after application. It contains a special DMAE compound that makes your skin firm and plump.
- Soothing smell
- Battles aging
- Makes your skin glow
12. ORIGINS Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Moisture is everything that our skin banks on to function optimally and retain its glow. However, all of this is lost in translation because of our exposure to the environment, pollution, lifestyle, etc. Here’s an intense moisture replacement mask that replenishes the deficit of moisture with avocado and apricot kernel oil.
- Plumps your skin
- Smells great
- Long-lasting effects
- Too heavy
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin
13. Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask
The hydrating mask from Skin Inc. is an innovative sleep-in mask that comes in a transparent gel form that gets absorbed fully and repairs the overall texture of your skin. The mask moisturizes and clears your skin and has a brightening effect. It is a triple-treat mask with rich nutrients like Okinawa deep-sea water, soya bean extracts, and hyaluronic acid that work wonders.
- Unique and nutrient-rich ingredients
- Improves overall skin texture
- Not the best for dry skin
14. Dr. Dennis Gross Marine Hydrating Modeling Mask
A mask that comes right out of Dr. Gross’s office is designed to deliver professional results. It is a two-step gel and powder formula that works on reducing the appearance of fine lines and pores while working on dehydrated skin. The mask is loaded with humectants. It creates an occlusive barrier and seals hydration. Ingredients like medical-grade marine algae from Norwegian arctic sea and hyaluronic acid work on plumping the skin and restoring youthfulness.
- Loaded with high-quality minerals
- Best for anti-aging
- Takes time before you see results
15. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask is a blend of ceramides, vitamins, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory ingredients that combat dullness, restore glow and soothe overworked skin. The mask exfoliates your skin gently while improving the texture and imparting glow almost instantly.
- Does not contain animal by-products
- Not tested on animals
- Can cause irritation in people with sensitive skin
- Causes breakouts for some
The trick to choosing good skincare products is to understand what goes into it. Choose products that are rich in moisturizing and fortifying ingredients. Stay away from alcohol-based ingredients because they strip your skin of moisture. If you have any questions, leave a message in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- Here’s How You Style Cropped Pants With Boots - May 30, 2019
- 11 Ways To Wear Polka Dots - April 30, 2019
- 20 Cute Outfits That Will Up Your Tomboy Game - April 29, 2019
- The Subtle Art Of Nailing The Classy Dressing Style - April 17, 2019
- 20 Best Reception Dress For Indian Brides - April 17, 2019