It’s time to bring back those legendary lashes! Don’t let the fear of itchy eyes or allergies keep you from flaunting those flirty and fluttering eyelashes. With the beauty world brimming with hypoallergenic mascaras that are formulated especially for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, you no longer have to go mascara-free! After all, it is the mascara that makes your eyes truly pop. So, whether you are mascara-obsessed or a new beauty explorer, if you are dealing with dry, sensitive, or infection-prone eyelids, worry not for we have the best hypoallergenic mascara brands in the list for you. (P. S.- Most of them are ophthalmologist-tested!).
Now, are you ready to make heads turn with your enviable lash look? Here’s our list of 11 best hypoallergenic mascaras of 2020 for you:
11 Best Hypoallergenic Mascaras of 2020 Reviews
Goodbye itchy eyes, hello fuller, longer, and beautiful lashes! 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara by Tetyana Naturals has a silky smooth and advanced thickening formula that promises to boost volume and give your eyes a dramatic makeover without irritating the skin or contact lenses. Formulated to stay longer without smudging, flaking, or clumping, this rich and hypoallergenic mascara is what your eyelashes deserve to stand out!
- Deeply-pigmented, thick, and smooth formula
- Waterproof, smudge-proof and non-flaking
- Adds volume, boosts the length
- Non-toxic, gentle, and hypoallergenic
- Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lenses
- Eyelashes may clump
With Full ‘N Soft Mascara, your lashes will speak volumes! Staying true to the statement ‘let your eyes do the talking’, this lightweight and volume-boosting formula infused with vitamin E will rejuvenate the strands, making them look refreshed, bold, and stunning in a sweep. Also, Maybelline hypoallergenic mascara is easy to remove as the formula prevents lash loss with its quick dissolve system. Promising no brittleness or clumps, only soft, nourished, and gorgeous eyelashes, it is one of the best hypoallergenic mascaras to amp up your makeup look for the day.
- Advance thickening formula
- Nourishes with Vitamin E
- Defines eyes and adds volume
- Clump-free, no brittleness
- Suitable for contact lens wearers
- It may clump or smudge.
Made of 100% natural ingredients, bless your eyelashes with the bliss of nature. Gentle, hypoallergenic, and non-toxic, you needn’t worry about losing those precious lashes anymore! Want long and thick lashes? Trust this natural hypoallergenic mascara by Fifth & Skin, not only to lengthen those lashes but also nourish them to grow longer and thicker. Since most mascaras contain chemicals that cause redness or irritation, NaturLash Mineral Mascara on the other hand is a good mascara for sensitive eyes, dry eyes, contact lens wearers, and those with eye conditions.
- Organic hypoallergenic mascara
- Non-toxic, gentle, and smooth formula
- Lengthens lashes, adds volumes
- Helps grow lashes thicker and longer
- Suitable for sensitive and dry eyes
- Cruelty-free, gluten-free, preservative-free, non-GMO, and vegan
- It may clump or turn goopy.
That moment when the mascara combs beautifully through the lashes, from roots to tips adding length, volume, and fullness effortlessly— beyond satisfying isn’t it? Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara not only promises that with its soft bristle brush but is ultra-nourishing too with Vitamin E, rice protein, and olive oil in the formula. Hydrating your lashes with its antioxidant-rich color, you get to enjoy an intense makeover and an outstanding definition with every single use! Do you have sensitive eyes? This product is dermatologist and ophthalmologist-tested, and is suitable for contact lens wearers too.
- Ultra-smooth and nourishing formula
- Strengthen eyelashes
- Rich antioxidant pigment
- Adds volume, length, and fullness
- Clump-free, flake-free, and smudge-free
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
- It may not last long.
If you are going to flutter those lashes, make it worth it with this thickening mascara by Almay! Defining the shape of your eyes and making them stand out, this thickening hypoallergenic formula is clump-free, flake-free, and smudge-proof. Infused with vitamin B5 and aloe that conditions each strand, its unique-designed brush beautifully curls the lashes giving them a high-intensity look. Also, this Almay hypoallergenic mascara is ophthalmologist-tested, so it is suitable for sensitive eyes too.
- Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula
- Nourishes and conditions the lashes
- It does not clump, flake, or smudge
- Curls, adds volume, and length
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- It’s not easy to remove.
- It may clump.
Skipping mascara because you have sensitive eyelids? Change to a hypoallergenic formula instead! An eye makeup kit staple, Jolie Cosmetics Eye Mascara is designed especially for sensitive eyes and is extremely gentle, fragrance-free, and non-irritant. Ideal for those who prefer a natural look over intense or dramatic, the formula is lightweight, and also water-soluble which means it is easy to remove. Whether you wear contact lenses or have dry eyes, Jolie Cosmetics Eye Mascara guarantees stunning lashes all day long with no itchy or irritating moments.
- Fine and hypoallergenic formula
- Fragrance-free and extremely gentle
- Lightweight and non-thickening
- Ideal for sensitive and dry eyes
- Non-itchy and non-irritating formula
- The formula is thin and will require multiple coats.
What’s special about this Purely Radiant mascara? Firstly, it is a long-wear mascara, so you apply it once and forget about retouches for the rest of the day. Secondly, it is waterproof, which means your eye-makeup is sorted for all those beach getaways, yay! Silky smooth and easy-sweep on the lashes, this hypoallergenic mascara guarantees no clumps or chunks; only flawless and stunning eyelashes. So, if you are looking for a waterproof mascara for those beach selfies, get Purely Radiant 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara today!
- Non-allergic 4D fiber mascara
- Silky smooth formula
- No clump, globs, or chunks
- Adds volume and definition
- It may not last long.
Is the fear of itchy, swollen, or red eyes giving you the mascara jitters? Reviva Labs Hypoallergenic Mascara may be the one for you. Why? Because, its formula is pH balanced, soap-free, and infused with the enriching quality of panthenol that intensely moisturizes and conditions the lashes. And as far as defining the eyes is concerned, the fiber-brush ensures the strands look longer and thicker. Yep, a perfect lash builder that won’t smudge, flake or clump together, this mascara solution is also free of parabens, sulfates, and other harmful ingredients.
- Gentle and hypoallergenic formula
- Adds length and volume
- pH balanced, soap-free, and tear-proof
- Intensely moisturizing
- No clumps, flakes, or smudging
- Free from parabens and harmful chemicals
- Cruelty-free and recyclable product
- It takes time to dry.
So voluminous, your eyes will pop! Making false eyelashes look blah in front of the stunning transformation it delivers, Cherish Mascara’s highly-pigmented formula spells luxurious in every sweep. The lashes look longer and flawless, plus, it has a curved brush that perfectly combs out a natural curl making them look even more dreamy! But is this mascara ideal for contact lens wearers or sensitive eyes? Absolutely. Formulated with vitamin E complex, it provides intense nourishment to the eyelash follicles and prevents them from drying too. Water-resistant, sweat-proof, and long-lasting, there’s no better combination of gentle and gorgeous for the eyes than this!
- Silky smooth and luxurious mascara
- Adds volume, thickness, and curls
- Vitamin E complex provides deep nourishment
- Water-resistant, sweat-proof, and non-toxic
- Longwear and easy to remove
- No harmful chemicals added
- It’s not waterproof.
- It may be flaky.
Did you know eyelashes are prone to breaking too? So, if you are dealing with weak follicles, Almay Extreme Length Mascara’s provitamin and anti-breakage formula will strengthen the lashes for you. And that’s not even the best part about this mascara! What really makes it unique is the hourglass-shaped brush that is designed to comb every strand, making eyelashes look longer and denser instantly. Hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist-tested, this mascara is all you need to get longer, shinier, and stunning lashes.
- Lashes look longer
- Anti-breakage formula
- Provitamin ingredients provide nourishment
- Clump-free and long-wear
- Hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist-tested
- Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact wearers
- It may smudge.
So, you think you can handle the “colossal lash” look? Because this hypoallergenic mascara doesn’t joke when it talks about pumping up the volume on the eyelashes! Acting like a “sleeve”, the solution envelopes every lash from roots to tips building, defining, and giving it a full-volume look. The formula, on the other hand, is infused with iron oxide pigments that are rich, skin-safe, and allergy-tested. Guaranteeing no smudge or smear all day, this volumizing and lash lengthening hypoallergenic mascara is easy-to-remove and non-clumping too.
- Lengthen and strengthens lashes
- Richly-pigmented and nourishing
- Defines lashes and builds volume
- Skin-safe and hypoallergenic
- No smudge, smear, or clumping
- Washes off easily
- It may flake.
Still not sure which mascara to pick for sensitive or dry eyes? Get some tips from our buying guide below!
Buying Guide For Best Hypoallergenic Mascara
How To Choose Best Hypoallergenic Mascara For Sensitive Eyes?
If you have sensitive eyes, pick a mascara with the following features:
- It should be hypoallergenic and should not be confused with natural mascaras that may have ingredients that could irritate the eyes.
- Pick a classic-brush mascara over fiber brush so there are fewer chances of flakiness.
- Choose a formula that is gentle, waterproof, and smudge-free to not hamper the eyelash follicles.
- Also, vitamin E-infused formulas nourish and condition the lashes making them stronger.
How To Choose Best Hypoallergenic Mascara For Dry Eyes?
If you have dry eyes, here’s what you should look for in the mascara:
- Since dry eyes mean lack of hydration, pick a mascara infused with vitamin E or other intensely nourishing ingredients like olive oil or vitamin B5.
- The mascara should be creamy and moisturizing to avoid further drying.
- Pick a solution that is clump-free and flake-free to prevent eye irritation.
- Also, choose a mascara that is easy to remove so that you don’t have to wash or clean multiple times, which could further cause dryness.
Flaunt that lash look confidently with the best hypoallergenic mascara in your kitty. With gentle and vitamin-infused formulas repairing the follicles and deep moisturizing the eyelashes, you don’t have to worry about itchiness or allergies again. So, quit showing up without mascara, when you can turn heads with those beautiful lashes. We hope this list of 11 best hypoallergenic mascaras makes shopping easier for you. And if you have any thoughts about this article or mascaras, write to us in the thoughts below.
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Is Maybelline Mascara Hypoallergenic?
No, not all Maybelline Mascaras are hypoallergenic, but Maybelline New York Full ‘N Soft Mascara is.
Is Almay Really Hypoallergenic?
Yes, Almay Extreme Length Mascara and Almay Thickening Mascara are hypoallergenic.
Is Younique 4d Mascara Hypoallergenic?
No, Younique 4d Mascara is not hypoallergenic.
Is Hypoallergenic The Same As Non-Comedogenic?
No, hypoallergenic means the mascara is tested for allergies and won’t cause any irritation where non-comedogenic means the product will not block pores.
Is Younique Epic Mascara Hypoallergenic?
No, Younique Epic Mascara is not hypoallergenic.
Is Too Faced Mascara Hypoallergenic?
No, Two-Faced Mascara is not hypoallergenic.
What Is The Least Irritating Mascara?
Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara is a hypoallergenic mascara that guarantees to prevent eye irritation, itchiness, and swelling.
What Is The Best Brand Of Mascara For Sensitive Eyes?
Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara, Maybelline New York Full ‘N Soft Mascara, Almay Extreme Length Mascara, and Almay Thickening Mascara are some of the best mascaras for sensitive eyes.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 6 Best Alcohol-Free Hair Conditioners of 2021 To Banish The Dryness! - April 25, 2021
- Keep Your Skin Hydrated With These 13 Best Humidifiers For Dry Skin In 2021 - March 22, 2021
- 19 Makeup Mistakes That Are Dangerously Aging Your Look - March 19, 2021
- Groom Your Nails With The 15 Best Nail Clippers Of 2021! - March 17, 2021
- Recharge Your Skin With 15 Best Drugstore Sheet Masks Of 2021 - March 15, 2021