The right skates are a must if you want to give your best in an ice hockey match. Whether you are a pro or a beginner, the right hockey skates will improve your performance in various ways. The skates must offer comfort to your feet and help you stay steady during movement.
Here, we have listed the top ten ice hockey skates available online. We have evaluated them based on their comfort, fit, and style. Take a look!
In This Article
10 Best Ice Hockey Skates
The Rollerblade Bladerunner Ice Women’s Skates provide immediate comfort, convenience, and style. The skates are lightweight and offer ample lateral support. They have a molded shell that reinforces support and delivers consistent performance. Their structure lowers the center of gravity. It also helps with balance, stability, and control. The skates have a padded velvet lining made of Thinsulate, and a cushioned foot bed. These features provide added comfort on the ice. The skates have a buckle and lace closure system that secures the feet inside the skates and enhances the fit.
- Provide comfort and style
- Molded shell reinforces support
- Deliver consistent performance
- Include padded velvet lining made of Thinsulate
- Buckle and lace closure system for enhanced fit
The Jackson UltimaSoftec Sport Ice Skates are a hybrid version of the classic hockey skates. The skates have a Thinsulate-lined upper line. Their tongues are made of a cushy foam padding for maximum comfort and warmth. The skates have a lightweight synthetic out sole that reduces their weight. They have a durable nylon upper lining with a color-coordinated trim. The blades of the skates are made of stainless steel runners. These skates are meant for both men and women.
- Tongues with a cushy foam padding for added comfort
- Synthetic lightweight out soles reduce weight
- Include stainless steel runner blades
The American Athletic Hockey Skates are specially designed for women. They have a cushy foam padding and a fiber lining that ensure long-lasting warmth and comfort. The skates also feature a speed lacing system with straps and multi-layered ankle support. The blades of the skates are made of stainless steel. These skates work great for non-competitive ice hockey matches and other recreational sports.
- Cushy foam padding and fiber lining for added comfort
- Speed lacing system with straps
- Multi-layered ankle support
- Stainless steel blades
The Botas Women’s Ice Skates are great for recreation and leisure skating. These skates have an attractive and comfortable shape. They are made of durable synthetic materials and include a plastic toe cap that increases the life-time of the footwear. The lining of the skates is made from a brushed knit that is laminated by foam and a plush collar. The blades of these skates are made off a lcon carbon ultra steel.
- Made from durable synthetic materials
- Include plastic toe cap for added durability
- Blades are made of falcon carbon ultra steel
The Lake Placid Monarch Adjustable Ice Skates are specially meant for girls. These skates are made of durable material and come with a warm woven lining. They also include a deluxe comfort padding. The skates come with a locking buckle, a power strap, and laces that ensure a secure fit. The blades of these skates are made of stainless steel. The skates are perfect for recreational ice skating, taking skating lessons, and public skate sessions. These could be perfect for beginners.
- Made from durable material
- The warm woven lining ensures comfort
- Locking buckle and power strap for a secure fit
- Perfect for recreational ice skating, skating lessons, and public skate sessions
- Perfect for beginners
The Bauer Ns Senior Ice Hockey Skates offer an additional 15% ankle support. They also provide a better anatomical fit. The skates are made of durable materials that make the boots stronger. Their soft microfiber lining helps wick away moisture. Their foot bed has a shaped EVA foam that provides excellent support and comfort.
- Provides 15%more ankle support
- Offers better anatomical fit
- Durable material makes the boots stronger
- Microfiber lining wicks away moisture
- Shaped EVA foam for added comfort
The 5th Element Stealth Ice Hockey Skates have stainless steel blades. They also include ankle padding and heel supports. These skates work great for beginners and intermediates. The skates fit true to the shoe size and leave enough room for your toes for maximum support. The skates are designed to provide comfort and have a moisture-resistant liner. These skates come with a reinforced out sole that helps in maintaining stability.
- Lightweight and durable
- Stainless steel blades
- Include ankle padding and heel supports
- Great for beginners and intermediates
- Moisture-resistant liner
The American Athletic Ice Force Hockey Skates are engineered to provide explosive power and agility. The skates are made of a customized PVC injection mold that provides extra lateral support around the ankles. The skates have a breathable inner liner for a personalized feel. Their stainless steel blades optimize speed and agility. The skates include copper rivets that maximize heel support.
- Provide explosive power and agility
- Made of a customized PVC injection mold
- Copper rivets maximize heel support
- Include breathable liners for a personalized feel
The Tour Hockey Ice Hockey Skates are designed to hold for long hours on the rink or over the frozen pond. These skates are comfortable and are made of durable materials. They work great for beginners and casual recreational players. The skates have composite quarter panels that provide firm ankle support. They also include deluxe foam padding and comfort brushed lining. The blades are made of stainless steel.
- Hold up for long hours on the rink or frozen pond
- Comfortable and durable
- Composite quarter panels provide firm ankle support
- Include deluxe foam padding for added comfort
The PowerSk8r Hockey Skates are ergonomically designed to provide ample comfort. These skates have a non-slip foam padding that grips laces for the utmost durability. It also offers a consistent, on-skate positioning.
- Ergonomically designed
- Provide ample comfort
- Consistent on-skate positioning
These are the top ten ice hockey states available online. Before you make a purchase, you may go through the following buying guide. It can help you make a better decision.
What To Look For In Ice Hockey Skates – A Buying Guide
Size – Go for ice hockey skates that fit your feet perfectly. Such skates will ensure you do not fall down or often stop while skating.
Weight –Skates that are lightweight can allow you to play on the ice with ease. They will not drag your legs or make them feel heavy.
There are a few different ways you can check if the skates are fitting you fine. Take a look at the next section.
How To Check If The Skates Fit You
- The Squeeze Test – This test helps you check the firmness of the skates. Hold the skates from behind the ankle and squeeze them with your thumb and index finger. If they folds without much force, they are flexible and ideal for beginners. If they don’t fold, they are rigid and suitable for experienced players.
- The Pencil Test –Put on the skates without lacing them pull the tongue out. Place a pencil into the third or fourth eyelet. If the pencil rests on top of the foot steadily, the skates are a perfect fit.
- The Finger Test –Put on your skates and lace them up properly. Lean forward and slide a finger between the back of the boot and your ankle. If you are able to slip through more than one finger, the skates could be too big for you.
- The Toe Brush Test – If your toes are just barely brushing the toe caps of the skates, they could be a perfect fit.
The right ice hockey skates will help you take your game to the next level. They also will offer you the much-needed comfort and stability, and allow you to enjoy your game with no fear. Pick your favorite pair of skates from this list and start with your game of ice hockey today!
Frequently Asked Questions
How to keep the blades of your hockey skates sharp?
Regularly clean and dry your skates. These will help keep them sharp for a long time.