Ice/cold therapy is one of the simplest solutions for knee pain. It reduces inflammation, swelling, and tenderness in the affected area, giving you instant relief from pain (1). Ice packs are especially helpful for those recovering from knee surgery as they help speed up the healing process.
In this post, we have focused on the 10 best ice packs along with a detailed buying guide to help you choose the best product that suits your needs. Scroll down to know more.
There are some amazing benefits of using an ice pack to manage knee pain. Let’s find out what they are.
Benefits Of Using An Ice Pack
- It reduces inflammation.
- It speeds up the recovery process post-surgery or injury.
- It reduces swelling.
- It provides instant relief from pain.
- It slows down the nerve activity.
Ice packs can be used to treat:
- Joint pains
- Arthritis pain
Now that you are aware of the benefits let’s look at the top 10 ice packs for knee pain available on the market right now.
Top 10 Ice Packs For Knee Pain
Naturecure Universal Cold Wrap wraps for knees have a clay interior that stays cold for an extended period. It is suitable for shoulders, neck, forearms, wrists, hands, forearms, elbows, back, arches, heels, balls of the feet, forefoot, and ankles. It relieves soreness, pain from an injury, and inflammation. The prosperity clay cold pack stays cold longer than other ice packs as it contains bentonite. The best part about this product is that it is flexible, durable, portable, and lightweight. It conforms to any body part comfortably.
- Includes 1 comfort pouch and 2 cold packs
- Reduces swelling
- Relieves pain from sprains and strains
- Treats inflammation
This flexible ice packs for knee pain can be used for hot and cold therapy. It works great for lower back pain, stiff neck and shoulder, period cramps, and post-surgery healing. The knee ice wraps around your body contours easily as it comes with an adjustable hook-and-loop strap that stretches to a 54” waist. It is great for the back, waist, shoulders, neck, ankles, calves, and hips.
- Recommended by physiotherapists and chiropractors
- Perfect for shoulder and knee injury recovery
- Ideal for post-surgery replaced hip recovery
- Remains flexible even when frozen
Trek Proof Ice Pack offers therapeutic relief from soft tissue soreness, stiff joints, aching muscles, and menstrual cramps. Along with general aches, this product reduces swelling, inflammation, and headache. It is created using skin-friendly fabric with an adjustable strap, so you can use it all over your body. It is incredibly soft, flexible, and travel-friendly. It is the best knee ice wrap.
- One size fits all
- Includes 2 hot and cold packs
- Microwave and deep freezer-safe
- Velcro closure
- Home and office-friendly
This product is made with high-tech TPU liner. It helps relieve pain and swelling. It is ideal for applying cold therapy to minor scrapes, bruises, muscle aches, sprains, headaches, and bruises. The best part about this product is that it wicks away moisture and lets you stay dry.
- Latex-free material
- Helps you recover from pain quickly
- Leakproof material
- Allows secure placement on the head, knees, and shoulders.
ColePak Hot & Cold Pack helps reduce swelling, inflammation, and muscle soreness. It includes two ice packs and one ice wrap holder to protect your skin from freezing. You can reuse the packs over and over again. It provides relief from swelling, bruises, injury, sore muscles, and headaches. The fabric is soft, skin-friendly, and leakproof. It offers comfort and stays flexible even when frozen. It is suitable for the knees, shoulders, hips, and ankles. The best part about this product is that you can wear it without having to hold the ice pack in place.
- Secure fit
- Insulated gel pack prevents frostbite
- Can be molded to fit any body part
- Non-toxic and safe-to-use fabric
- The velcro loses its ability to stick after a point.
Vive Health Knee Ice Pack is a 2-in-1 hot and cold therapy pack that provides soothing relief for sore and injured knees. The non-slip material does not twist and stays in place while letting you be mobile. It treats inflammation and provides pain relief from arthritis, surgeries, and other knee conditions. This product comes with two ice packs – one in the front and one in the back for a customized therapeutic experience. It stays in place without slipping or twisting.
- Secure fit
- Soft and breathable fabric
- Will keep your skin dry
- One size fits all
- Includes 3 non-toxic gel packs
- Not leakproof
This cold pack for knee is made of durable and soft material that stays flexible even when frozen. It is double sealed to prevent leaking. The 2-in-1 hot and cold pack offers therapeutic relief from knee pain, soft tissue soreness, stiff joints, inflammation, and aching muscles. It comes with an extra soft fabric wrap that is large enough to wrap around most body parts.
- Medical-grade gel
- CE and FDA-approved
- Hands-free design
- Comfortable to use
- Not very flexible
Arris Knee Ice Pack supports the natural movement of and circulation in your knee during any activity. It is designed as an adjustable one-size-fits-all ice pack brace that has strong velcro closures. There is a pocket on the inside to carry a flexible gel ice pack for knees. This product is useful for pain relief and recovery from tendonitis, arthritis, swelling, muscle strain, meniscus tear, and more.
- Made with a stretchable nylon strap
- Adjustable and ergonomic design
- Suitable for all members of your family
- Skin-friendly material
- It does not stay in place.
The Coldest Water Knee Ice Pack is designed for professional athletes in high performing sports. It is suitable for pain relief and injury treatment. This ice knee wrap can relieve knee sprains, iliotibial band syndrome knee pain, posterior cruciate ligament injuries knee muscle pains, ACL aches, sprains and tears, stiff knees, knee soreness, tightness, or dislocations, spinal relief, knee relief, meniscal tears, bursitis, tendinitis, tendon tears, and collateral ligament injuries. The material is very flexible and molds to your body effortlessly. It distributes coldness evenly and enables quick recovery.
- Stays cold for a long period
- Skin-friendly material
- Stays in place without slipping
- Very durable
- Poor design
BraceUP Hot & Cold Knee Wrap has an oversized pad that covers the entire knee for improved performance and maximum therapeutic comfort. The breathable inner layer allows airflow, keeping the area cool and dry. It is also perfect for treating sports-related injuries. The product is specially designed to relieve muscle pain and swelling. Its anti-slip design ensures a custom fit.
- Strong velcro
- Wraparound design
- Can be used on any areas of the body
- It doesn’t stay cold for long.
- Material is too thick.
There you have it – 10 best ice packs for knee pain. Now, let’s check out the things you need to consider while buying an ice pack.
Features To Look For In An Ice Pack
It is important to pick a material that is insulated enough to allow the pack to stay cool while being breathable. It should be pliable to fit your body contours perfectly. It should continue being flexible even after taking it out of the freezer. Make sure to check the labels as some brands use toxic substances in their products.
Durability comes into the picture if you are an avid user of ice packs. If you are an athlete who needs regular cold therapy for your knees, some brands design custom athlete ice packs. These are extremely durable as they are made of high-quality material with solid steamers.
Make sure to choose the ice pack that fits in your refrigerator. Some come with adjustable straps, some with wraparound velcros, and some with no attachments at all. Depending on your needs, purchase one that fits you well.
4. Ease Of Use
If you prefer to rest during the cold therapy, choose ice packs that are flat with no attachments or straps and are very easy-to-use. But these are not durable.
If you are an athlete or want to move around, you will need ice packs that have straps or adjustable buckles.
These top-rated ice packs speed up recovery and offer instant relief in a short period. If you haven’t tried one before, pick the suitable product from the list, try it out and let us know how it worked for you by commenting below.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
How long can I use an ice pack on the injury?
It is recommended not to use an ice pack on an injury for more than 20 minutes.
- 7 Best Cold Therapy Machines – 2019
- 8 Best Cold Laser Therapy Devices For Pain Relief
- Top 20 Knee Strengthening Exercises
- Best Knee Braces To Buy In 2019 – Our Top 10 Picks And Buying Guide
- Ice Cube On Face: 15 Amazing Beauty Benefits
- 10 Best Wrist Wraps To Buy For That Perfect Grip
- “Cold and compression in the management of musculoskeletal injuries and orthopedic operative procedures: a narrative review” Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health.
Latest posts by Pooja Karkala (see all)
- 11 Best Facial Cotton Pads Of 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide - May 29, 2020
- 15 Best Foaming Cleansers For Glossy And Glowing Skin - May 27, 2020
- 11 Best Body Wipes For Clean And Healthy Skin – Top Picks For 2020 - May 26, 2020
- 14 Best Numbing Creams For Laser Hair Removal - May 18, 2020
- 15 Best BB Creams For Sensitive Skin – Top Picks For 2020 - May 14, 2020