Winter is around the corner. If you are to keep yourself occupied in the cold, ice skating is the way to go. Ice skating is among the most popular and fun sports activities during winters. More than anything else, what you need is a good pair of ice skates. Here, we have compiled a list of the best ice skates you can find on the market. Take a look and pick your favorite!
Table Of Contents
8 Best Ice Skates
The Jackson Ultima Figure Ice Skates come with a reinforced vinyl upper and a padded tongue. They also have a rolled padded collar that provides support, warmth, and comfort. The blade of this skate is constructed from stainless steel that ensures easy maintenance and longer blade life. The skates from Jackson Ultima feature new fashionable PVC outsoles that require low maintenance. The skates have a fully lined cushy foam padding that ensures comfort and support. The foam padding minimizes potential tears and abrasion while skating.
- Rolled padded collar for support, warmth, and comfort
- Stainless steel blade ensures durability
- Fashionable PVC outsoles
- Lined cushy foam padding for comfort and support
- Foam padding also minimizes abrasions
- Not sturdy
The American Athletic Ice Skates are ideal for an entry-level figure skater. The figure skates are tricot-lined, which makes them comfortable. These figure skates fit well and are easy to maintain. They are made of durable PVC boot. The skates include multi-layered ankle support and a form-fitting padded tongue. The skates come with a nickel-plated steel blade.
- Fit well
- Easy to maintain
- Feature multi-layered ankle support
- Not durable
The Lake Placid Cascade Ice Skates are excellent for beginners. They come with a synthetic upper outer boot that provides firm ankle support. The skates also have reinforced ankle support and warm, woven, and quick-drying liners with comfort padding. The skates include a traditional lacing system. They have a stainless steel blade and a toe pick on both sides. These ice skates work great both indoors and outdoors. They are perfect for recreational ice skating and figure skating lessons.
- Provide firm ankle support
- Warm woven and quick-drying liners offer warmth
- Great indoors and outdoors
The Rollerblade Bladerunner Ice Skates are ideal for recreation. They provide immediate comfort, convenience, and style. The skates are easy to wear and remove. They are lightweight and offer superior lateral support. The skates allow the perfect amount of forwarding flex for gliding around the skating rink or pond. They have a padded lining with Thinsulate that keeps the feet cushioned and warm. The cuff buckles of the skates allow a precise fit. The skates also have a lace closure system that keeps feet secure and adds additional support. Their stainless steel blades deliver consistent performance with the need for minimal maintenance.
- Easy to wear and remove
- Provide superior lateral support
- Padded lining keeps the feet cushioned and warm
- Cuff buckle allows for a precise fit
- Lace closure system keeps feet secure
- Stainless steel blades need minimal maintenance
The K2 F.I.T Ice Skates could be ideal for your partner. These men’s skates have traditional lacing and allow one to customize their lacing. The skates have a K2 Soft Boot Technology that provides the highest level of performance and comfort. They have a Stability Plus cuff that offers complete support for one’s feet. The skates have a Thinsulate liner that keeps the feet warm. They have an injection-locked stainless steel blade that is corrosion-resistant.
- Soft Boot Technology for exceptional performance and comfort
- Provide complete support to your feet
- Thinsulate liner keeps feet warm
- Corrision-resistant blade
The 5th Element Grace Ice Figure Skates are a perfect choice for beginners to intermediate level figure skaters. The skates are built for performance. They are reinforced and are cold-resistant. They have a vinyl coated upper and come with three lace locks. The locks ensure premium ankle support and comfort. The skates have a premium-quality stainless steel blade and front toe pick that allows for making a perfect turn on the icy surface.
- Built for performance
- Lace locks offer premium ankle support
- Front toe pick for perfect turns on the ice
The Roces Women’s Ice Skates are crafted with a plaid fabric upper and have anatomic padding. The skates have figure-style blades. They have a lace-up closure that makes wearing and removing the skates easier.
- Anatomic padding offers better fit and comfort
- Lace-up closure makes them easy to wear and remove
The American Athletic Women’s Figure Skate comes with a fashionable cheetah print. The skates have a cushy foam padding and a fiber lining that provides warmth and comfort. The skates also feature a speed lacing system with a strap. They have multi-layered ankle support and a picked figure skate blade.
- Cushy foam padding
- Provide warmth and comfort
- Multi-layered ankle support
- Include a speed lacing system with a strap
These are the top eight ice skates available on the market. The following buying guide can help you make a better buying decision.
A Buying Guide
Check for the following factors before purchasing a pair of ice skates.
Support – The ice skates must provide ample support to your legs. A good pair of ice skates offers adequate support, a heel counter, and would be a perfect fit.
- Ankle Support – Before buying a pair of skates, determine how they can support the ankles. Do they allow your ankle to move or provide the right amount of stiffness? A softer model is ideal for a recreational skater while a professional skater should go for skates that offer more support.
- Heel Counter – Always choose skates that have a stiff heel counter. These heel counters support your ankles as well as provide the right fit.
Comfort – Always look for comfortable skates that will offer you the ease for skating on the ice. However, keep in mind that a brand new pair of skates will be uncomfortable initially due to their material. But as you continue to use them, they can get comfortable.
Style – The skates’ style most often determines the activities you will perform with them. There are various types of skates – including racing skates that are designed to provide more speed, figure skates that are used in figure skating, and recreational skates that are ideal for beginners.
A pair of good ice skates can make your time on the ice more fun. They not only add comfort but can also enhance your performance. Pick your favorite pair of ice skates and start skating today!
- 10 Best Ice Hockey Skates – Reviews And Buying Guide
- 10 Best Golf Tees
- The 10 Best Golf Rain Gloves
- 10 Best Football Visors For Men And Women + Buying Guide
Latest posts by Sucharita Mishra (see all)
- How Often Should You Cut Your Hair? - January 13, 2021
- What Does Chlorine Do To Your Hair? - January 8, 2021
- Pumpkin Seed Oil For Hair: Can It Increase Hair Growth? - January 8, 2021
- Female Pattern Baldness: Causes, Treatment, And Prevention - January 4, 2021
- How To Use Hair Rollers – A Step-By-Step Guide - December 30, 2020