Your regular shoes come with insoles, but they are generally flimsy and can break down easily. Running with these shoes can trigger potential long-term injuries and sideline you from your day-to-day life. Adding insoles to your shoes can drastically improve your foot health and bring down chances of injuries. Insoles not only improve the fit and functionality of your shoes but also help reduce foot fatigue by providing extra cushioning while running. The best part – you can find specific over-the-counter insoles addressing your foot requirements.
Check out our list of the best insoles for running based on performance, features, quality, durability, reviews, price, and much more. Scroll down!
In This Article
Benefits Of Insoles For Running
Insoles keep your feet comfortable and prevent foot injuries. Here are a few benefits:
- Minimize foot fatigue
- Enhance foot comfort
- Improve your body posture
- Improve performance
- Minimize pressure on the feet
- Provide arch support
- Prevent blisters, irritation, and discomfort
Now, let’s check out the top insoles recommended for running.
10 Best Insoles For Running
1. Best Overall: Walk-Hero Comfort And Support Medical Orthotics
These insoles from Walk-Hero distribute your weight evenly and realign your skeletal system. The top-quality EVA body reduces friction and shock while running and keeps the feet cool post a run.
The insoles drastically reduce foot pressure and relieve soreness. They are suitable for conditions like plantar fasciitis, flat feet, supination, overpronation, arthritis, foot, heel, arch, and knee pain, and bunions. The semi-rigid arch support improves balance and relieves foot pain, while the deep heel cupping stabilizes your foot. Apart from running shoes, you can reuse these versatile insoles in your cleats and dress or casual shoes.
- Arch support
- Ideal for flat feet
- Easy to wash
- Low cushioning on ball of foot
2.Best Premium: Physix Gear Sport Orthotic Insoles
Flat feet or overpronation with low or medium arches need extra support during the run. Without proper arch support, you can end up with shin splints or plantar fasciitis. The premium, full-length insoles from Physix Gear Sport offer a soothing solution for your orthopedic issues. They are made of high-quality, durable, layered EVA foam and PU material and feature deep heel cradles for stability. The ergonomic, non-slip design supports your feet and posture while offering arch support. The low-profile, ultra-thin design eases discomfort and improves your performance.
- Absorbs shock
- Superior material
- Prevents blisters
- Doctor recommended
- Ergonomic design
- Comes with money-back guarantee
- Way too wide
3. Best For Plantar Fasciitis: Dr. Scholl’s Athletic Series Running Insoles
Dr. Scholl’s Athletic Series Running Insoles are the best solution for runner’s knee, shin splints, and plantar fasciitis. Their innovative design with triple-zone protection coupled with ActivePerform technology lessens the impact by 40%, protecting your feet, knees, and shins from injury.
The cushions on the balls of the feet distribute pressure through push-off, while the reinforced arch support improves the weight transition from landing to push-off. The deep heel cups work as shock absorbers, cutting down impact with every step. These insoles are treated with SweatMAX technology that minimizes foot odor, keeping you fresh throughout the day.
- Reduces pain
- Shock absorbing
- Reinforced arch support
- No odor
- Arch support digs into the skin.
4. Best Ergonomic Design: VoMii PU Memory Foam Insoles
People with plantar fasciitis need support, shock absorption, and stability while running. These memory foam insoles from VoMii feature reinforced arch supports with deep heel cups that strengthen your feet and absorb impact with every step. The soft gel pads under the heels reduce pressure, ensuring minimum muscle fatigue in the feet and legs. These insoles are made with premium quality and medical-grade velvet that is moisture-wicking, breathable, and keeps your feet odor-free.
- Good bounce
- Suitable for feet with high arches
- Not for wide feet
5. Best Cushioning: Currex Runpro Dynamic Insole
The Currex Runpro Dynamic Insole enhances the comfort and support of running shoes and reduces impact to prevent injuries, pain, and discomfort. It has a cushioned heel cup for a perfect fit. The moisture-wicking insole prevents bad odor, keeping your foot refresh. The 3D dynamic arch supports the anatomy of your body and improves your posture.
- Fits all shoes
6. Best Biometric Design: Natural Foot Orthotics Stabilizer Inserts
The Natural Foot Orthotics Stabilizer Inserts relieve pain in the back, feet, and legs, preventing the need for surgical procedures. The semi-rigid plastic body and biometric design reestablish the four-foot arches and help manage plantar fasciitis, lower back pain, foot pain, and joint pain. You can enjoy a stress-free workout day with these insoles minus the pain.
- Absorbs pressure
- Do not require trimming
- Lifetime warranty
7. Best Stability: SuperFeet Women’s Run Insoles Comfort
These insoles from SuperFeet have slimmer heels and short arch length to support women’s feet whose shoe size ranges between 6.5-8. They are made with Aerospring dual comfort foam that is moisture-wicking and improves your stride. The advanced heel-impact technology pod distributes the impact and improves your steps, while the cushioned support from heel to toe provides responsive support.
- May not be suitable for broad feet
8. Best Anti-slip: Protalus T100 Thin Series – Premium Shoe Inserts
These shoe inserts from Protalus are designed to support your subtalar joints to minimize stress on the ankles, knees, and hips. The patented Tri-planar support system minimizes the effect of lateral changes of motion. The inserts are made of a moisture-wicking material that provides maximum comfort and superior alignment and reduces impact. The anti-slip ridges ensure the insoles do not slip during running.
- Anti-slip ridges
9. Best Flexible: Easyfeet Flame Boost Athletic Shoe Insoles
These insoles from Flame Boost are designed for high-impact sports, thanks to their flexibility and high arch support. They have shock-absorbing gel and heel pads to improve cushioned comfort. The top layer of the insoles is covered with a velvet finish that helps absorb moisture and keeps your feet odor-free.
These foot inserts prevent all foot-related stress and minimize pain in your joints, back, and knees. The anti-slip design prevents friction and protects your feet from blisters that are caused by continuous rubbing. These insoles are perfect for all athletic activities, including running.
- Breathable cover
- Cushioned support
- May not be suitable for broad feet
10. Best Trimmable: Valsole Orthotic Shoe Inserts
These orthotic inserts fit your running shoes perfectly, giving you the comfort and support you need while running. They have high arch support and deep heel cups to reduce plantar fasciitis and heel pain. The non-slip velvet material gives a plush feeling and keeps your feet cool, while the silica gel cushion under the heel provides support. You can trim these insoles to fit your shoes better.
- Reinforced arch support
- Trim to fit design
- Lasting comfort
- Makes squeaky noises
Insoles vary in terms of thickness, support, and material. Runners need a perfect insole to enhance their performance. In the below section, you will get guided support to know about the usability of these insoles to allow you to make a better choice.
How To Choose The Best Insole For Running
- Support: How your feet interact with the ground affects your entire body. Hence, it is very important to buy insoles that provide high-impact support for added convenience and comfort.
- Purpose: It is very important to define the purpose of your purchase. People with plantar fasciitis or flat feet should use firm arch support. Athletes who need to run a lot should use more cushioned support.
- Cushioning: Insolesthat are well-cushioned help absorb shock and reduce impact while running. Cushioned support also provides firmness and enhances comfort.
- Stability: The right shape is very important to keep your feet in place. Look for insoles with an ergonomic design and proper heel cups to prevent any injuries.
- Material: Runners need support and cushioning at the heels to prevent injuries or pain. Foam insoles provide cushioning to the heels, while gel helps in reducing impact and stress.
Insoles are a must-have, especially if you run regularly. If you are looking for the best of the lot, we recommend the Walk-Hero Comfort And Support Medical Orthotics that are well cushioned to absorb shock and provide arch support to relieve soreness and reduce foot pressure. Don’t let pain stop you from achieving your running goals. Pick any of the insoles listed in the article and elevate your run from flat to fantastic.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Are gel insoles good for running?
Yes, gel insoles reduce pressure on your feet and increase bounce. This enhances your speed.
How often should you replace running insoles?
Insoles generally last for six months, after which they need to be replaced.
Can insoles make you run faster?
Insoles help manage pain or stress on the feet, improve your footwork, and enhance your speed.
Can we wash running insoles?
Yes, you can wash your running insoles.
- 11 Best Heated Insoles To Keep Your Feet Warm And Toasty In 2021
- 10 Best Heel Cups And Pads To Buy In 2021
- 15 Best Ball Of Foot Cushions For High Heels – 2021
- 10 Best Comfortable Shoes For Wide Feet To Try In 2021
- 10 Best Metatarsal Foot Pads To Buy In 2021