While some lovely ladies are blessed with healthy skin, some of us regularly need the help of the best Japanese BB creams to hide our blemishes and dark spots. Short for blemish balms, BB creams are lighter than your old-school foundation and are perfect for daily use. What sets Japanese BB creams apart from the rest is the multiple ways they can benefit your skin. It contains natural ingredients that work as sun protection, concealer, provide moisture for your skin, and is pocket-friendly, making it a product you should have in your skincare arsenal. To save you the trouble of searching all over the internet, we have compiled a list of Japanese BB creams you can check out!
In This Article
12 Best Japanese BB Creams Of 2023
Dr. Ci: Labo BB Perfect Cream is an all-in-one beauty balm that conceals spots, reduces pores and appearance of fine lines, and hydrates the skin. The SPF 40 PA+++ protects the skin from UV damage. The vitamin C derivatives act as antioxidants against harmful free radicals.
This lightweight BB cream made in Japan has a soft mousse-like texture. Apply the cream on your face and neck. Then using your fingertips, massage it into your skin in a circular motion to blend it out. It seeps into the skin and warms it up with a fresh flush.
The packaging is sleek. It has a twist-open golden cap and is travel-friendly. This BB cream can be used for a no-makeup look or as a foundation base. Check out this video review for a detailed understanding about the product.
- Gives a natural flush of color without being heavy and cakey
- SPF 40 PA+++ protects skin from UV rays
- Conceals spots and skin imperfections
- Hydrates skin to make it look plump and soft
- Contains vitamin C derivatives
- Reduces imperfections, pores, and fine lines
- Smooth texture
- Lightweight formula
- Travel-friendly packaging
- Shades for deeper skin tones are not available.
2. Best Easy-To-Clean:Sana Pores Putty Craftsman Mineral BB Cream
The Sana Pores Putty Craftsman Mineral Cream Natural Matte Natural Beige 30 is a multi-tasking makeup base that helps level out roughness in the pores. It leaves your skin looking beautiful, refined, and completely clear of pores with only one application. This BB cream with SPF 50 PA+++ helps prevent sun damage. It imparts a natural matte finish, which is ideal for oily skin types. This BB cream ensures that your makeup remains intact throughout the day.
- SPF 50 PA+++
- Provides full coverage
- Conceals spots and pigmentation
- Reduces lines and pores
- Not suitable for dry skin
If you have oily skin and are on the lookout for a mattifying cream formula, Moist Labo brings you the best BB cream all the way from Japan! The Moist Labo BB Essence Cream is a lightweight multipurpose BB cream. The high SPF 50 PA+++ with physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide deflect UV rays and protect the skin from sunburn and hyperpigmentation.
This Japanese BB cream also has a lightweight tint that conceals skin imperfections. Its hyaluronic acid reduces wrinkles and fine lines, dimethicone reduces pores, and collagen and ceramide repair skin texture and make the skin more supple and soft.
Cleanse your face and dot your skin with this BB cream all over your face. You can use a stippling brush or your fingertips to blend the cream for natural, soft, and hydrated skin all day long.
- Good coverage
- Conceals dark spotsand acne scars
- Evens out complexion
- High SPF 50 PA+++
- Contains physical sunscreens like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- Contains ceramides
- Contains collagen
- Gentle on the skin
- Glides on smoothly
- Gives a glowy but natural matte or semi-matte finish to the skin
- Slightly on the drier side.
- May settle within fine lines.
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin.
- Contains mica
The Freshel Kanebo Skin Care EX BB Cream is one of the best anti-aging BB creams from Japan. EX indicates “rich in moisturizing ingredients like coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, and collagen”. It has SPF 32 PA++ and acts as a serum, face cream, sunscreen, and makeup base.
This soothing BB cream brightens skin tone, takes away dullness, and has concealing properties to hide dark spots and blemishes. It achieves this without looking cakey or exaggerating fine lines. You can wear it comfortably as it does not feel like a mask and gives you a poreless glow. It has a creamy texture and fills your pores. You can wear it lightly for an everyday sheer coverage, or as a makeup primer, or even use 2-3 layers as a foundation. If you are still unsure, check out this honest review.
- Anti-aging BB cream
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Rich in moisturizing and soothing ingredients like coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid, and collagen
- SPF 32 PA++
- Can be used as a serum, face cream, sunscreen, and foundation
- Brightens dull and lifeless skin
- Reduces pores
- Conceals dark spots and blemishes
- Comfortable on the skin
- Makes skin look radiant, soft, and hydrated
- Deeper shades not available.
- Not for tropical climates.
The Cezanne Canmake Japan BB Cream contains SPF 23++, hyaluronic acid, collagen, daisy flower extract, shea butter, acerola seed extract, tomato extract, and grape leaf extract.
Apart from providing sunblock, it helps improve skin elasticity, reduces pores and fine lines, and does not exaggerate dry patches on the face. The lightweight texture lets the skin breathe and does not make the skin too oily.
The BB cream serves as the perfect base for applying foundation. You can also wear just one layer of this cream to give your skin a natural and translucent finish, and a no-makeup look. It is fragrance-free and one of the absolutely best BB creams for sensitive skin.
- Made with natural ingredients
- SPF 23++
- Does not contain UV absorbing chemicals
- Contains rich hyaluronic acid and collagen
- Can be used alone or as a foundation base
- Lets the skin breathe
- Improves skin elasticity
- Conceals skin imperfections
- Reduces pores and fine lines
- Does not exaggerate dry patches
- May clog pores.
- Not suitable for extremely dry skin.
- Not available in deeper shades.
6. Best Oil-Free:PURITO Cica Clearing BB Cream
The Cica Cleansing BB Cream from PURITO leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth. It has multiple functions as a sunscreen and cosmetics primer. This BB cream is made with centella asiatica extract, which has soothing and healing properties, and niacinamide, which has skin-lightening properties. It also contains tea tree oil to control sebum production and adenosine, an anti-aging ingredient that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This BB cream is non-greasy and can easily conceal redness, blemishes, and other imperfections on your skin. It also gives you glowy skin that helps hide flaws and enhances the skin’s natural beauty. The cream absorbs easily, leaving behind a velvety texture and a subtle gloss on the skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
7. Best For Sensitive Skin:Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
If you have sensitive skin, the Physicians Formula Super BB Cream could be ideal. This lightweight cream provides full coverage, hydration, and protection from harmful UV rays. It blends seamlessly into the skin for a natural, flawless look. This product is versatile and can simplify your beauty routine by offering you the benefits of moisturizer, foundation, and SPF protection in one go.
- Smooth finish
- Value for money
The Baby Pink BB cream has a high SPF 44 PA+++. It protects the skin from UV damage and does not contain UV absorbing chemicals. It contains skin whitening ingredients that improve skin health.
It helps conceal spots, scars, and hyperpigmentation and gives the skin a flawless look. The pore-filling property gives the skin a soft and supple touch. It blends into the skin like a dream and even a small pea-size drop amount spreads on the whole face evenly. The lightweight texture prevents it from settling within fine lines. It leaves your skin looking youthful, fresh, and nourished.
- All-in-one BB cream
- SPF 44 PA+++
- Does not contain harmful UV absorbing chemicals
- Contains skin whitening ingredients
- Conceals, primes, and hydrates
- Fills pores
- Does not settle within fine lines
- Makes skin soft and supple
- Shades for deeper skin tones not available.
The Freshel Kanebo Skin Care UV BB Cream has a stronger SPF 43 PA ++. It is formulated to protect the skin from sunburn and sun damage. It is lightweight, has sheer to medium coverage, conceals dark spots and scars, and fills pores and reduces fine lines. A small amount of it goes a long way. It gives a natural skin finish with a non-greasy feel and stays on all day long!
It is fragrance-free and ideal for sensitive skin. It also contains hyaluronic acid, double collagen, niacin, apricot extract, and kiwi extract. It locks moisture and keeps the dehydrated skin hydrated.
- SPF 43 PA++
- Sheer to medium coverage
- Conceals and hydrates
- Reduces pores and fine lines
- Allergy tested
- Contains hyaluronic acid and double collagen
- Contains kiwi extract and apricot extract
- Keeps skin hydrated
- Not suitable for all skin types.
- Deeper shades not available.
The Kose Sekkisei White BB Cream is formulated with exotic plant extracts. It is an all-in-one BB cream that can be used as a serum, cream, sunscreen, makeup base, and foundation. With a high SPF 40 PA+++, shields from UV rays and helps slow down premature aging. It naturally covers imperfections and provides skin care benefits.
For dull and dry skin, applying a pearl-size amount of product rejuvenates the skin. It also takes away dryness and makes the skin full of life. It blends into the skin and conceals uneven skin tones. It also hydrates, nourishes, and leaves the skin with a dewy finish and natural-looking radiance.
It contains Job’s tears seed extract, angelica acutiloba root extract, melothria heterophylla root extract, alpina speciosa leaf extract, safflower flower extract, and peony extract.
- High SPF 40 PA +++ protects skin from sun damage and premature aging
- Can be used as a serum, concealer, makeup base, and foundation
- Conceals skin imperfections
- A good moisturizer and gives skin a dewy finish
- Blends easily into the skin
- Evens out skin tone
- Makes skin radiant
- Lasts all day
- Contains plant, root, and flower extracts
- Has a pleasant smell
- Darker shades are not available.
- Not suitable for dry skin.
11. Best For Dark Spots:Only Minerals Mineral Essence BB Cream
The Only Minerals Mineral Essence BB Cream contains nourishing minerals and botanical extracts suitable for all skin types and tones, including olive skin. The smooth, satin-like formula glides effortlessly on the skin and helps minimize the appearance of fine lines, dark spots, and wrinkles. It is also infused with organic ingredients that control excess oil while moisturizing the skin. It delivers a skin-perfect look. This BB cream is lightweight, non-sticky, and provides great coverage.
- Hydrating formula
- Tackles signs of aging
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Easy to remove
- Mineral oil-free
This moisturizing BB cream provides sun protection and medium coverage that helps you get a perfect finish with just one layer of product application. You can easily use it as a base or foundation.
This BB cream is fragrance-free. Hence, it is the right BB cream for sensitive skin. It does not contain harmful UV absorbing chemicals as some sunscreens do. It ensures protection from sunburn, sun damage, and premature skin aging. It gives the skin a soft, pore less feel that stays on all day long.
- SPF 27 PA++
- Acts as a skin serum
- Covers skin imperfections
- Can be used as a makeup base
- Reduces pores, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Gives a youthful appearance
- Can be used as a cream foundation
- Free of UV absorbing harmful chemicals
- Available only in one color.
These are the 12 best Japanese BB creams of 2023 that you can get your hands on. But how to get hold of the right BB cream for yourself? Here’s a list of the essential factors to look for while buying a Japanese BB cream.
What To Look For When Buying Japanese BB Creams
- Hydration – Japanese skin care is all about hydration and moisturization. Look for a Japanese BB cream that hydrates and makes your skin soft and hydrated.
- Non- Comedogenic – Clogged pores can cause pimples and acne. To get flawless skin without bumps, choose a BB cream that does not clog pores. Avoid BB creams with fragrance, mica, and other pore-clogging agents.
- SPF – Whether you walk in the sun or not, your skin needs sun protection of minimum SPF 30 all the time. The Japanese beauty industry is big on providing sun protection in almost all of its skin care and cosmetic products. Hence, look for a Japanese beauty balm that has a good SPF to protect your skin from sun damage and premature skin aging. Make sure it contains physical sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide instead of chemical sunblocks.
- Free Of Harmful Chemicals – Check if the BB cream is free of parabens, phthalates, and other harmful chemicals that can speed up aging, clog pores, cause breakouts, and irrevocably damage the skin.
- Skin type – Check if the BB cream is meant for your skin type. Choose the one that suits your skin and does not make it too dry or oily.
- Coverage – Most BB creams provide sheer to medium coverage. Buy the one that provides the kind of coverage that you would prefer.
Infographic: Lesser Known Benefits Of Using BB Cream On Your Face
BB creams are gradually becoming a favored choice for women with dry to normal skin types. An acronym for blemish balm, this beauty product does much more than just conceal your flaws. Check out the infographic below to know some unique ways it can help improve your overall skin health.
Usually, BB creams are preferred for light makeup or no makeup looks as they are lighter than foundation but do a similar job. However, unlike regular BB creams, Japanese BB creams are rich in hydrating ingredients, and they are ideal for covering blemishes and dark spots. Some of them also offer sun protection and are suitable for various skin types. The Sana Pores Putty Craftsman Mineral BB Cream is suitable for oily skin, while the PURITO Cica Clearing BB Cream can be used for all skin types. If you need a formulation that is especially safe for sensitive skin, the Physicians Formula Super BB Cream is a great choice. The listed BB creams in the article are free from harmful chemicals, have SPF, are non-comedogenic, and offer good coverage.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Oyendrila Kanjilal is a certified skin care coach and advocates the use of Japanese bb creams for those who want to keep away from several makeup products. To help our readers know their best options, she has conducted thorough research and checked numerous user reviews and feedback before shortlisting the best Japanese bb creams available online. The products she has reviewed and recommended in this article are formulated with natural ingredients that provide sun protection, conceal blemishes, and preserve moisture for the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BB cream better than foundation?
BB cream provides the benefits of a foundation, concealer, highlighter, and moisturizer. Therefore, it is a more versatile and standalone product for daily use. On the other hand, a foundation does one job of covering your skin inconsistencies and is heavy on the skin. Therefore, BB cream is better for regular use.
What is the difference between CC cream and BB cream?
A BB cream conceals pores and minor blemishes and fills the skin with hydrating properties. On the other hand, CC cream targets skin discoloration and neutralizes them. It also calms down redness and treats acne issues.
Is it okay to use Japanese BB cream every day?
Yes. A Japanese BB cream is suitable for daily use. However, if you have dry skin, use a moisturizer underneath the BB cream for long-lasting hydration.
Do you need a primer with BB cream?
No. Usually, BB creams offer the benefits of a primer, so applying a primer separately is not needed. However, if you notice large pores in your skin, apply a primer to even the skin texture.
Do Japanese use BB cream or foundation?
The Japanese prefer to use BB cream daily as it feels light on the skin and has a versatile formula.
Can I mix BB cream with foundation?
No. Skip mixing BB cream with a foundation to avoid thickening the product and to prevent looking cakey.
Is it okay to sleep with BB cream on?
No. Like any other makeup product, BB creams have pigments that settle in your pores and clog them. Therefore, remove the BB cream before sleeping to prevent skin breakouts.
Does Japanese BB cream work on mature skin?
Yes. Japanese BB cream with retinol works well on mature skin. It provides coverage similar to a sheer coverage foundation without settling in the fine line and wrinkles.
- 10 Best Korean BB Creams To Try – 2023
- 16 Best Kept Japanese Beauty Secrets You Should Be Aware Of
- 10 Best Japanese Skin Care Products to Try in 2023