Didn’t get a good night’s sleep? Sleep deprivation, neck pain, backache, and several other problems can occur if your mattress is not spacious and comfortable. After a tiring day, you and your partner need rest and deserve the best king size mattress to give you a blissful experience. The best king size mattress provides plenty of room to stretch out your legs and have a comfortable beauty sleep.
With a king size mattress, you can get up in the morning feeling relaxed and rejuvenated without body aches. They are comfy, durable, and a favorite among users of all ages. You must be thinking about the cost, right? Though king size is a bit pricier than smaller mattresses, they allow you to restore the quality of your sleep. Purchasing these largest size mattresses may be daunting, therefore, we have made your work easy and picked up 11 best king size mattresses of 2020 for you. Take a look:
Top 11 Best King Size Mattress of 2020
Experience the perfect balance between plush and firm with Tuft & Needle Original King Mattress. Now, you can take a comfortable nap on this mattress, without stressing about your sleeping positions because of its proprietary pressure-relieving foam. Made with 35% micro-polyamide and 65% polyester, this mattress won’t suck you in but will adjust according to your movement. It contains a mix of cooling graphite and gel beads to pull heat away from you and regulate the temperature. With 10 inches of height, it consists of 7 inches of support foam and a 3-inch layer of adaptive foam for your comfort.
- Open-cell foam
- Breathable cover
- Suitable for tall sleepers
- No harmful substances
- Cushioned medium-firm
- May be firm initially
This 12 inches memory foam of Shiloh mattresses, measuring 80 (width) x 76 (length) inches, gives you enough space to stretch and sleep comfortably. You can have a cool, comfy, and deep sleep on this king-size bed, as its memory foam relieves pressure points. Feel a gentle cradle while sleeping on this mattress that is suitable for any sleeping position and body type. Also, do you know what makes this king size mattress special? It is its foam size that is 12 inches. The top layer is of premium memory foam that measures 2.5 inches and then, there is 9.5 inches of long-lasting base foam.
- Luxurious soft knit cover
- May not be suitable for firm mattress sleepers
This 6-inch king mattress consists of gel-infused memory foam (1.5 inches) and responsive base foam (4.5 inches). Its gel-infused top layer reduces sweat and keeps you cool while asleep, which makes it a perfect choice for you in hot and humid climates. Comes with open-cell memory foam, this mattress helps in aligning your spine and also, reducing pressure on your neck, head, lower back, hips, and shoulders.
- Diamond stretch knit
- Suitable for all body type
- Supports any sleeping position
- Free of heavy metals, PBDEs, formaldehyde, TDCPP or TCEP
- May take a few days to provide softer support.
Comes with unique 5-layer construction, this 10-inch Omega Hybrid king mattress provides you with plenty of support. This super comfy mattress is constructed with pocketed coil springs that provide long-lasting support and I-gel cooling memory foam that controls the temperature by pulling the heat away from you. What else do you want? And to control odor and bacteria, it is infused with natural palm oil and bamboo charcoal that also helps in absorbing moisture.
- Relieves pressure
- High-density foam
- Fits all bed frames
- Reduce motion transfer
- Good option for sleepers with spine and back problems
- May take a while to get used to it
Tired of tossing and turning? Now, get a good night’s sleep with this 9-inch multi-layered memory foam mattress. Its foam construction delivers comfortable sleep and plenty of support to your body type. With its cooling gel foam, you will not sweat or have hot flashes while asleep. Its convoluted foam reduces body pressure, while its high-density foam supports your back and prevents body aches. Also, its polyester jacquard fabric makes it easy-to-clean.
- Value for money
- Temperature control
- Provides ventilation
- Fits all bed frames
- Easy to set up
- May not be long-lasting
This Sweetnight 12-inch king mattress provides a lot of support to your body and protects you from having backaches. Enjoy a deep sleep on the skin-friendly knitted fabric of this mattress that has cooling gel memory foam in between a thick layer of air-flow high-density foam. Constructed with wrapped pocketed steel coils, it helps to absorb your body weight evenly. This mattress fits all king size frames like the floor, flat platform, slatted base, and box spring. To set it up in its original and plush shape, you have to wait for 72 hours.
- Resists sagging
- Relieves pressure
- No harmful substances
- Prevents motion transfer
- Perfect spinal alignment
- High-quality carbon steel spring coil
- Firmness may not last long
Constructed with its unique, proprietary foam, this 8-inch king mattress helps your body to relax and relieves pressure points. You do not have to worry about sagging or feeling hot while asleep on this mattress. Its open-cell foam allows air to flow freely and makes it breathable for sleepers. You will experience a proper balance of plush and firm while lying on this mattress that also has a soft knit cover.
- Fits all frames
- No harmful substances
- Supportive and comfortable
- Odor may bother initially
This AmazonBasics Medium Feel Memory Foam King Mattress comes with 3 layers to support your body. Its top layer is a cooling gel memory foam that regulates the temperature of your body at night and prevents you from getting hot flashes. Then comes a supportive comfort foam with breathable airflow channels and lastly, to fully support your body a solid foam base has been added in the layers of this mattress. Plus, this 12 inches king mattress is covered with soft knitted fabric.
- Fits all frames
- Easy setup
- May be firm for a long time
This king size mattress is firm enough to support your spine, while soft enough to relieve pressure points. It lets you have a blissful experience of pain-free sleep. Constructed with high-quality latex and memory foam, this king mattress provides bounce and long-term support. This 11 inches mattress is made of a plush cover, 1.5 inches of aerated latex foam, 2 inches of gel memory foam, and 7.5 inches of high-density support core. It comes with a zipper cover for easy removal for cleaning.
- Fits in all frames
- Fire Retardant
- No harmful chemicals
- For side, back, and stomach sleepers
- May not have a proper edge support
This Zinus king size mattress set consists of a Sleep Master iCoil 13 inch euro top spring mattress and BiFold box spring. Coming in 4 layers, its high-quality foam and spring provide comfort while sleeping. With soft knitted cover, the first 2 layers are comfort foams, followed by high-density foam and the last layer is iCoil pocketed springs. This set also comes with a BiFold box spring, which looks like a traditional box spring but it is actually a metal bed frame. The box spring is foldable for easy transportation.
- Value for money
- Good for stomach sleepers
- May not be suitable for side sleepers
With cooling gel foam, this Revel Hybrid Cool King Mattress regulates temperature and provides comfort while you’re asleep. Now you do not have to stress about hot flashes in any climate with this super durable mattress. This 12 inches mattress also comes with long-lasting foam, and latex foam with airflow channels to lift and align your spine. It will help in relieving your pressure points and let you have a deep, comfy sleep.
- Easy to set
- May lack firmness for back sleepers
Buying a king size mattress is not an easy job, you have to be aware of the quality, type, and advantages of it. However, our Buying Guide will solve your doubts and help you purchase the right one.
What Is The Best King Size Mattress?
The best king size mattress allows you to have a comfortable sleep. It should be durable with good quality material, and it should also support your sleeping position. A few examples of the best king size mattresses are Tuft & Needle Original Mattress, Sleep Innovations Shiloh, Sweetnight 12-inch mattress, and many other king size mattresses mentioned above.
Types Of King Size Mattresses
The right type of king size mattress will help you get rid of turning, tossing, and snoring. To have a comfortable sleep, you should know the exact type of mattress that you need.
- King: With an additional 16 inches width, it is the traditional king size that is one size larger than queen size mattress. The measurement of a standard king size mattress is 76 by 80 inches.
- Eastern King: A standard king and an eastern king size mattress are the same, with the measurement of 76 by 80 inches.
- California King: It measures 72 by 84 inches, which is especially for tall individuals who need extra space. The only difference between California king and standard king is their width and length.
- Split King: Also known as dual king mattress, it is different from other king size mattresses because split king comes in two pieces. And the measurement is similar to a twin mattress. It is perfect for those who like a soft mattress, but the partner likes a firm one. You can customize them according to your desire.
Advantages Of King Size Mattresses
Know the benefits of owning a king size mattress here:
- Spacious and comfortable: An individual needs enough space to relax and rest on the bed, which is why your mattress should be spacious and comfortable. These king size mattresses deliver a comfy feel and plenty of room to stretch your legs when asleep.
- Excellent family mattress: King size is a perfect choice if you, your partner, and your children share the same bed. As it is the largest-sized mattress, your family will have a cozy and pleasant sleep.
- Suitable for restless sleepers: King size mattress helps in getting rid of neck pain and backaches caused due to wrong sleeping position. Its material supports your sleeping position and relaxes your body muscles.
- Less tossing and turning: Due to its spacious factor, there will be less tossing and turning on a king size mattress. You will have your own space to stretch and have a good night’s sleep.
What To Consider When Buying A King Size Mattress?
When buying a king size mattress, you need to consider a few points to choose the right one.
- Material: While purchasing a king size mattress, the material and its quality are the major concerns. As king size is a luxurious choice, the quality has to be top-notch. And when it comes to material, there are various kinds like foam, coil, latex, innerspring, or hybrid. Each material has its own advantages, cost, and durability.
- Thickness: The common measurement in thickness of king size mattresses is 10 inches. However, it can go beyond 15 inches, depending on various luxury options.
- Durability: Whether a mattress is durable for a long time or it will sag over time, these are essential points to consider while buying a mattress. The best king size mattress should support an individual’s weight and last long.
- Sleeping position: The way you sleep can tell what type of mattress you need. Whether you are a side sleeper or a back sleeper, the mattress should support what your body needs. Otherwise, backaches and other health problems may arise.
- Comfort and firmness: Depending on your weight and height, you should choose the firmness level of your mattress. Whether you want soft, medium-firm, or hard-firm mattresses, remember that your comfort depends on it.
Mattresses should be comfortable, otherwise, you would be tossing and turning the entire night without getting quality sleep. Keeping in mind its durability, cost, and material, it should not be difficult to purchase a king size mattress that supports your sleeping position perfectly. By now you must be knowing what type of king size mattress you want and where to find it? Hopefully, our list of the top 11 best king size mattresses of 2020 proves helpful.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
What mattress do 5-star hotels use?
5-star hotels use luxurious king size mattresses to provide comfort and better sleep for their guests.
How thick should a mattress be?
The standard thick profile of a mattress is about 10 inches. However, if you choose more luxurious options, then it may measure 15 inches and more.
How long should a mattress last?
A mattress should last for 5 to 7 years. The best quality mattresses last more than 10 years.
What mattresses last the longest?
Latex foam mattresses last the longest as they can stay in good quality up to 20 years.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- 10 Best Sulfate-Free Dandruff Shampoos of 2020 – Our Top Choices! - October 20, 2020
- 15 Best Hair Dryers in India For Your Gorgeous Tresses! - October 13, 2020
- 8 Best MAC Concealers of 2020 To Eliminate Dark Spots! - October 12, 2020
- 8 Best Bronzers For Mature Skin Women 2020 - October 12, 2020
- 10 Best NYX Mascaras Of 2020 Reviews - October 12, 2020