Korean essence is the holy grail of K-beauty. K-beauty has transformed the world’s perspective on cosmetics and how we look at skincare.
From being random to telling us that we need a routine, from snail masks to peptide creams that are available over the counter – there are many things the Koreans have taken in another tangent. But with all the buzz around, it can also get a little overwhelming – because, where do we begin? You have come to the right place. We have a list of the best Korean Beauty Essences. Let’s take a look!
10 Best Korean Beauty Essences
- Hanskin Hyaluron Skin Essence
- MISSHA Time Revolution The First Intensive Moist Treatment Essence
- Secret Of Sahara Grab Water Essence
- Mizon Water Volume Ex First Essence
- Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
- Primera Miracle Seed Essence
- Lotus Blossom Thirst Relief Essence
- TOSOWOONG Green Tea Essence
- Benton Fermentation Essence
- YURIPIBU Artichoke Power Essence
1. Hanskin Hyaluron Skin Essence
As they say, the secret to healthier looking skin is hydration. If you are battling dry skin, we understand you need more than just a serum – which is why the Hanskin Hyaluron Skin Essence is an excellent addition to your skincare routine. The formula uses hyaluronic acid in its advanced state (called ‘sodium hyaluronate’), with molecules that are much smaller and can hold 1000 times more moisture. It seeps easily into your skin, soaks you in its goodness, and leaves your skin feeling supple, plump, and soft.
- Gentle on the skin
- Contains advanced state of hyaluronic acid
- Works on fine lines
2. MISSHA Time Revolution The First Intensive Moist Treatment Essence
Missha Time Revolution Essence is formulated with 90% fermented yeast, which makes this product a superstar. K-beauty revolves around fermented ingredients, and this is one such potent element that is a cult favorite. The yeast is an extract from Himalayan purple barley that naturally plumps up your skin and refines it by reducing pigmentation. The ion fermentation in this ensures rapid absorption of moisture and restores, brightens, and clarifies your skin.
- Hydrates and tones your skin
- Enables rapid moisture absorption
- Too pricey
3. Secret Of Sahara Essence: Grab Water
The Secret of Sahara brings you the experience of a profoundly hydrating essence that glides gently over your thirsty and dry skin. It works perfectly on all skin types with a long-lasting effect. It protects against harmful pollutants, free radicals, and moisture loss. It contains certified organic ingredients like Sahara’s prickly pear seed oil, which is loaded with antioxidants like vitamin E and linoleic acid. Acai berry, quinoa, and peppermint are the other powerful ingredients.
- Light and feels weightless
- Plumps up your skin
- Contains organic ingredients
- The alcohol in this feels a little overpowering.
4. Mizon Water Volume Ex First Essence
Mizon’s Water Volume Ex First Essence Hydra Tox is a great beginner’s product. It is perfect to use after your toner and gets into your skin quickly. It contains snow algae extract that calms your skin and heals inflammation. The hydrasalinol and ceramide in this product lock in the moisture while the moringa extract takes care of breakouts.
- Weightless and watery
- Visible effects after a few days
- Can cause breakouts for some
5. Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence reignites youthful skin in no time. The light and quick-absorbing formula drastically improves the texture of your skin. It is infused with 96% snail secretion filtrate that is primarily one of K-beauty’s best-kept beauty secrets. It fortifies your skin with its ultra-hydration therapy and revitalizes damaged skin. It also has anti-aging properties and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Gives your skin a radiant finish
- Works on fine lines and wrinkles
- Doesn’t smell great
- Can feel a little greasy
6. Primera Miracle Seed Essence
This Miracle Seed Essence is a bestseller from the Korean cosmetic industry. With 93.1% lotus seed extract that is rich in amino acids and linoleic acid, the serum fully moisturizes your skin. This runny essence improves the skin texture and leaves your skin plump and radiant. It comes with a bunch of cotton pads for easy application.
- Free of parabens and synthetics
- Natural ingredients
- Comes with cotton pads for easy application
7. Lotus Blossom Thirst Relief Essence
The super-fine texture of the daily essence gets into your skin in no time, improves its elasticity, and promotes moisture balance. The lotus plant is used from the root to the tip, which is an important factor in the Chinese healing methodology. While lotus blossom provides nutrients for supple skin, other ingredients like lingzhi mushroom and green tea leaf work on reducing wrinkles. And goji and white lily promote refined skin and boost overall skin health.
- Highly potent ingredients
- Weightless serum
- Improves complexion
- Works on fine lines
8. TOSOWOONG Green tea Essence
Green tea, as we know, is one of the greatest antioxidants we have discovered. The base for this essence is green tea that repairs your skin, unclogs pores, and brightens your skin. This essence is an easy and straightforward way to get started with your skincare routine.
- Works really well on dry skin
- Might not suit all skin types
9. Benton Fermentation Essence
Benton Fermentation Essence packs a punch with a bunch of ultra-hydrating, fortifying, nourishing, brightening, and collagen- boosting ingredients. The galactomyces ferment filtrate is known to brighten your skin while the ceramides and the hyaluronic acid improve your skin’s elasticity and balance moisture levels.
- Watery and gets easily absorbed into the skin
- Creates water/oil balance
- No artificial fragrances or colors
- Boosts collagen production
- Causes breakouts for some
10. YURIPIBU Artichoke Power Essence
The Yuripibu Artichoke Power Essence is formulated using 60% artichoke extract that will help you get rid of the saggy skin, open pores, and everything else that comes with them. It hydrates and nourishes your skin while tightening it. The lightweight and harsh-free formula is enriched with 10 different natural moisturizing factors (NMFs) (like squalene and ceramides) that smoothen rough skin. Use this after you tone and before you moisturize your skin.
- Free of parabens
- Boosts elasticity
- Makes your skin plump and youthful
You can now jump on the beauty essences bandwagon too, and happily so! As the Koreans say, it is a step you cannot afford to miss, because once you see the results, there’s no going back! Have you heard of any of these products yet? Are you looking to try one of these? Let us know what you think by leaving a message in the comment section below.
Latest posts by Pratima Ati (see all)
- What Is Micellar Water And How To Use It Effectively? - September 11, 2018
- 10 Best Salicylic Acid Products – 2018 - September 6, 2018
- 10 Best Overnight Face Masks For Healthy Skin - September 4, 2018
- 10 Easy And Effective Homemade Avocado Face Masks - September 4, 2018
- 10 Best Supplements For Glowing Skin - August 31, 2018