The secret has been revealed! Koreans currently have one of the top makeup routines globally, and the best Korean primer is a key component in their makeup kit. Thus, there is no excuse why we should not learn from them to achieve that flawless glow and start using the right primers the right way! Even though the primer is an important component of the beauty regimen, many prefer to skip it or use a moisturizer as the foundation’s base. Unfortunately, it serves no purpose, as what you need is a primer to maintain your makeup and keep it smudge-free for long.
A primer also serves as a radiant canvas for the foundation to blend easily by blurring wrinkles and eliminating open pores. Korean primers are perfect for everyone, whether you are a beauty and makeup junkie obsessed with trends or a humble beginner who wants to learn the best. Now, if you are trying to figure out which Korean primer to get, check out our list of the top 13 Korean primers for all skin types. Keep scrolling!
13 Best Korean Primers For All Skin Types!
1. Best For Uneven Skin Tone: Touch In Sol No Pore Blem Primer
Are open pores or wrinkles giving you a hard time? Dot, dab, and conceal them with No Pore Blem Primer by Touch In Sol. Working as a makeup booster and trusted by several makeup artists, this pink-coated primer can seamlessly cover blemishes, open pores, and tackle fine lines to create that flawless look you desire. Ideal for no-makeup days, its soft and silky texture is infused with tea extracts and soluble collagen that energize, moisturize, and increase the skin’s suppleness too, making it feel feather-soft and velvety all day long. Here’s a personal review video to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Pink-coated primer
- Tackles fine lines and uneven skin tone
- Conceals blemishes and open pores
- Makeup booster
- Energizes and smoothens
- Not recommended for oily skin
2. Best Lightweight Solution: Etude House Face Blur
This one hides, even-tones, smoothens, and protects the skin from harmful sun rays! Skip those million layers of creams when one primer can do it all for you. With a multi-blurring formula, Etude House Face Blur is a transparent solution that visibly hides pores, smoothens the texture, and refines the skin making it look brighter. Since this primer also includes SPF 33, you don’t have to dodge the sunlight anymore! Use it as a pre-makeup base or sunscreen, this lightweight, quick sink-in Korean face primer is worth a try. It is a good primer for sensitive skin.
- Transparent and lightweight solution
- Visibly lightens the skin
- Doubles up as a sunscreen
- Hides pores and tones skin
- Evens out the texture
- May have an overwhelming fragrance
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
3. Best Ultra-Hydrating Formula: Missha M BB Boomer
Like a magnet for the foundation, Missha M BB Boomer’s enhanced adhesion, and illuminating glow combination will make you regret not having tried it earlier. The cream has pink pearl-like particles that deliver a silky smooth and dewy effect on skin and works wonderfully against wrinkles too. Creating a uniform, invisible layer for you to explore your makeup on, the cream primarily contains Moringa Oil (patented)— a super-hydrating element, Squalene that retains the natural moisture, Adenosine, and Arbutin that tackles fine lines.
- Strong adhesion
- Lightweight and sheer
- Smoothes wrinkles
- Ultra-hydrating formula
- Retains moisture
- Silky and soft texture
- The fragrance may be bothersome
4. Best Waterproof Formula: Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Primer
Are you looking for a suitable primer for oily skin? Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Face Primer has a sebum-controlling formula that combats oiliness and leaves the skin matte and smooth. It minimizes the appearance of pores and holds makeup all day long. The lightweight formula is comfortable to wear as it is both sweat-proof and waterproof. It also brightens and balances the skin tone, enhancing the appearance of makeup. It is a non-greasy and long-lasting primer.
- Sebum-controlling formula
- Suitable for oily skin
- Matte finish
- Sweat -proof
- May show inconsistent results
5. Best For Oily Skin: Aritaum Pore Master Sebum Control Primer
Not a lot of people would prefer a cream-based product for very oily skin. But this sebum control primer contains a breathable mineral polymer gel that tackles the extra oil and leaves the skin feeling super soft. Hailed as a pore-filler by many users, the primer offers full coverage and blurs all the blemishes and fine lines too. So, if you are someone who needs frequent touch-ups due to oily skin, this primer might save the day for you.
- Controls sebum
- Skin feels soft
- Fills and smoothes pores
- Ideal for oily skin
- Portable product
- It may turn cakey.
- It does not last long.
6. Best Skin Enhancing Formula: VDL Lumilayer Primer
Get ready to be wowed if you choose VDL Lumilayer Primer for it guarantees a radiating glow even before you apply makeup! Enhancing the texture, and complexion with its full coverage, the lumilayer prismatic pearls technology absorbs and reflects lights, thus giving the skin a natural glow. And as for the pores and wrinkles— all smoothened out! Suitable for all skin types, prime on, and get ready to shine.
- Ensures a glowing effect
- Skin enhancing ingredients
- Delivers full coverage
- Blurs out blemishes
- Suitable for all skin types
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
7. Best Odorless Formula: TONYMOLY Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm
Open pores can be such makeup spoilers. And since making them disappear last minute is next to impossible, this primer can minimize their appearance to a great extent. Packed in a cute egg-shaped shell, this cream-based silky-smooth balm contains a blend of egg whites and a herbal complex (burdock, lemon, hop, peppers, Sylvia, and soap grass) that guarantee elimination of dead cells and excess sebum control. And the best part— a small amount is all you need to get that desired finishing, thus making the product last longer.
- Blurs pores and blemishes
- Contains natural ingredients
- Eliminates dead cells
- Controls oil
- Lasts longer
- Not recommended for very oily skin
8. Best Nourishing Formula: Estee Lauder Illuminating Perfecting Primer
Wear this primer alone or as a pre-makeup base, your skin is bound to feel flawless, smooth, and radiant instantly. Enriched with the goodness of vitamin E, shea butter and rice bran extract, Illuminating Perfecting Primer not only minimizes the appearance of the pores but is hydrating and ultra-nourishing too. More like a pamper than a primer, the skin feels baby-soft with an even-toned finishing. Creating an ideal base for your makeup to set and blend on easily, this korean pore minimizer is suitable for normal, combination, and dry skin.
- Instant radiance
- Infused with natural ingredients
- Hydrating and nourishing
- Minimizes pores and blemishes
- Delivers an even-toned finish
- Suitable for dry, normal, and combination skin
- It may turn greasy.
9. Best Skin Corrector: Banila Co Prime Primer Classic
No skin is perfect, hence why you need a primer! For your makeup to look flawless – ready your skin with Banila Co Prime Primer Classic that acts as a skin corrector. Blurring the wrinkles, smoothening the texture to minimizing the pores, it also has pore-tightening properties because of which the users can’t stop raving about how satin-smooth the skin feels. An instant skin freshener and toner, the primer ensures to keep your makeup intact and smudge-free for longer too.
- Skin corrector
- Blurs the lines, brightens the texture
- Minimizes and tightens pores
- Satin-smooth, fresh, and even-toned skin
- Strong adhesion and long wear
- Not ideal for oily and acne-prone skin
10. Best Skin Brightening Formula: Etude House Fix And Fix Tone Up Primer
A fixer-upper tube for all your skin imperfections! Fix and Fix Tone Up Primer acts like a shield that protects the skin from harmful UV rays (yes, it has SPF 33!) and prevents the makeup from filling up pores. Formulated with Triple Shield Ingredient, the primer forms an invisible layer that makes the skin look brighter, smoother, and clearer for the foundation to blend and set on easily. Its rich-pigmented formula also has a robust adhesion, which means you don’t have to re-do or touch-up after every few hours. It is the best primer with spf for dry skin.
- Brightens skin
- Doubles up as a sunscreen
- Blurs wrinkles and pores
- Forms a smooth protective layer
- Makeup lasts for hours
- Strong adherence
- It may turn greasy
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
11. Best Hydrating Option: Atopalm Daytime Undermakeup Moisture Cream
Dealing with dry skin but cannot skip makeup? Try this primer for it has an intensely hydrating formula made of plant-derived ingredients that will heal your skin while forming a fresh and glowing base for makeup. Ideal for dry to sensitive skin, your skin stays protected as the primer works towards retaining the natural moisture, and bringing back the youthful shine. So, if you need an ultra-moisturizing base for makeup, Atopalm today!
- Primer with moisturizing effect
- Retains natural moisture
- Intensely hydrating
- Plant-derived ingredients
- Adds shine and freshness
- Suitable for dry to sensitive skin
- It may be sticky.
12. Best For Skin Revitalizing: Pony Effect Ultimate Prep Primer
Prep and prime all the way to perfection with this skin protector that blurs large pores, fine lines, and wrinkles. Do you have uneven and oily skin too? Ultimate Prep Primer spreads like a layer of defense that controls excess sebum, corrects the unevenness, and adds a glow. Also, since oily skin is a one-way ticket to lure free radicals, this formula has antioxidants derived from Daffodils to protect skin for all environmental harms.
- Good primer for large pores
- Blurs fine lines
- Ideal for normal, combination and oily skin
- Contains antioxidants
- Protects and revitalizes skin
- Corrects unevenness
- It may not last long.
13. Best No-Clog Formula: Dr.Jart+ Pore Medic Pore Minish Primer
Lastly, this no-clog formulation primer by Dr. Jart+! Hiding pores effortlessly, this primer not only treats them but improves skin’s texture too. Unlike other primers that only form a base for the makeup, this one will care about your skin with its pore-tightening formula. Suitable for normal to oily skin, it also smoothens the wrinkle lines and leaves the skin feeling soft and fresh, so you don’t have to feel beautiful only on the outside but inside too.
- Treats enlarged pores
- Visibly blurs wrinkle lines
- No-clog formula
- Improves skin health and texture
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- Skin feels soft and smooth
Don’t just moisturize, prime-up with one of the 13 best Korean primers listed above! Still not sure which one to include in your beauty routine? Our buying guide below can help:
Buying Guide For Best Korean Primer
How to Choose the Most Suitable Korean Primer for Your Skin?
Look for the following features to choose the most suitable Korean primer for your skin:
- Firstly, it should suit your skin type. If you have oily skin, don’t settle for combination skin primer as it may turn greasy on your skin and ruin the makeup.
- It should be non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
- Primer is applied to transform skin into a canvas for smooth makeup application, so naturally pick the one that guarantees maximum skin corrections like blurring pores and fine lines.
- If you have dry skin, pick a moisturizing primer that can hydrate and repair your skin, whereas for oily skin, choose a primer that controls excess sebum secretion to keep your makeup smudge-free.
When and How to Apply A Primer?
A primer should be applied after moisturizing, and before makeup. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply a primer:
- Take a pearl-sized solution on your palm and apply it as dots all over your face and neck area.
- Now, gently dab or pat with a sponge or fingers in circulation motion thus spreading it all over.
- Let it be for half a minute or until it dries, then you can start applying makeup.
Benefits of A Good Primer?
A primer is a must-have for those who apply makeup regularly. Not only does it protect the skin and hide the blemishes such as enlarged pores and wrinkle lines, but it also enhances the overall makeup look by forming a glowing base underneath. And a good primer with ultra-hydrating or sebum control features can deliver additional benefits to the skin too.
Korean primers are all the rage right now! Primers should always be one of the most important cosmetics in your makeup bag. They help in providing a smooth base for your foundation and also tend to keep your makeup smudge-free. Korean primers also blur wrinkles, patches, and dark spots to some extent. However, you should steer clear of primers that do not tend to even out the skin’s texture or are laden with harmful chemicals that may irritate or harm the skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Chaitra Krishnan, has a deep interest in makeup. She has provided this detailed list of the best Korean primers after thorough research on the formulation and ingredients of the products. She also went through numerous user reviews and feedback on multiple forums and brand websites to help you pick the perfect one. These primers provide a spotless canvas for the foundation to blend easily by blurring wrinkles and eliminating open pores.
- 11 Of The Best Affordable Primers For Oily Skin
- 15 Best Primers For Combination Skin – Review & Guide
- 15 Best Hydrating Primers For Extremely Dry Skin – 2020
- 10 Best Korean Products To Minimize Pores In 2020