Are you wondering how to pick the right lip brush? Don’t worry; we did the work for you! We searched high and low for the best lip brushes that every makeup lover should have in their makeup kit. When it comes to lip brushes, the question that is on all our lips is, ‘Should I be using a lip brush to apply lipstick?’ The answer is yes! We have been underestimating the importance of lip brushes for a long time now. With a good lip brush, you can determine the amount of pigment you want on your lips while also ensuring an even and accurate application.
Applying lipstick or a lip gloss using a lip brush also increases the product’s staying power. Furthermore, it helps blend lipstick seamlessly and prevents smudging. Whether you’re going for an ombre lip look, blending lipstick and lip liner on the lips, or trying to build full coverage with red lipstick, here are the 9 best lip brushes you should try to achieve that oh-so-pretty pouty lips!
How To Use A Lip Brush
While using a lip brush, here are a few techniques you can use for precise application.
- Firstly, you need to make sure your lip brush is clean and has no residue of lipstick you used previously.
- Apply a lip liner and blend it out with the lip brush for a soft look.
- Choose the lipstick or lip gloss you want. Take a small amount of it with the brush.
- Start from the center of your upper lip and blend it out towards either side of your lip.
- Repeat the above step on the lower lip.
How To Clean And Maintain A Lipstick Brush
It is essential to clean your brush after every use to avoid infections. Here is how you should do it.
- Wash your lip brush gently with warm water and soap.
- Reshape the bristles and allow it to air dry completely.
- Once dried, store it in a clean makeup brush bag.
- Replace the brush when the bristles start to wear out.
9 Best Lip Brushes For The Perfect Pout
With an angled and oval brush head and bristles made of Russian red sable, this is the right brush for you if you are looking for an even and precise finish. It features a slanted shape design that helps in applying lipstick/lip gloss accurately without smearing, especially at the corners of the lips. All while it also helps you spread the lipstick thinly and evenly. The body is made of wood with a black glossy lacquered finish, which makes it easy to hold and apply.
- Offers precise application
- Works well when applying lipstick to the sides of your lips
- Evenly spreads lipstick
- Sleek design
- Stiff and soft bristles
- Does not come with a cap
One of the best lip brushes, this retractable lip brush is a must-have for every makeup enthusiast, given that you have some extra pocket-money on you! This stylish black brush features a small, tapered point that allows you to apply the lipstick/gloss in a smooth and controlled manner, which ensures that color stays inside your natural lip line. Plus, it can also be used to outline the rims of your lips for added precision. What’s more? The retractable feature of the lip brush helps keep the bristles clean when not in use. It is the best Retractable Lip Brush to try!
- Controlled application
- Can be used to blend and line
- Easy to use retractable design
- Compact and travel-friendly
Who doesn’t love a good matte lipstick? But most of us struggle to get a smooth finish due to its stiff texture. Enter Aveda Envirometal Retractable Lipstick Brush! This brush comes with silky-soft, Taklon bristles that glide smoothly to blend the lip color on your lips and fill in fine lines evenly. The tip of the brush is firm to the point, which can be used to line the outer rims of your lips. Compact and lightweight, this lip brush is easy to carry, while the retractable design makes it ideal for a mess-free storage option.
- The handle is crafted with post-consumer recycled aluminum
- Compatible with wet and dry products
- The retractable design keeps bristles clean
- Effortlessly glides on your lips
- You can take only a tiny amount of lipstick at once
If you are a beginner, it’s always wise to choose products that make your makeup routine quick and easy. This 2-in-1 makeup brush is made for you. It includes a lip brush on one end and eye brush on the other, which is made using premium synthetic bristles that are soft and sturdy. It makes defining and filling your lips and blending eye shadow on your eyelids an extremely easy affair. It features a twist-up design with a lid that keeps the brushes mess-free. Also, the ergonomic handle provides a good grip.
- 2-in-1 lip and eye brush
- Soft synthetic bristles
- Dual-ended retractable brush with lid
- Ergonomic handle provides better grip
- Eye shadow brush doubles as a concealing brush
- Can take only a tiny amount of lipstick at once
If you are trying to find an affordable lip brush, which will provide neat and even coverage without costing you a bomb, you should consider investing in this 5-piece lip brush by Gracefulvara. This Lipstick Applicator Brush contains densely packed bristles made of manmade fiber. It features a small, slender head that perfectly traces the contours of your lips to give you fuller-looking lips with flawless coverage. Lightweight, compact, and flexible, it makes for a great travel-friendly product.
- You get 5 lip brushes in a pack
- Comes with a lid to keep the brush closed when not in use
- Small and easy to carry
- Flexible slender head
- May not be durable
Are you always forgetting to carry your lip brush with you every time you leave your house? Well, when you have Airlove Disposable Lip Brushes at your disposal, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. These lip brushes come in a set of 50 – with so many brushes you have enough to place a few at the home, office, and in your bag. This soft, flock-tipped applicator is easy-to-use and provides clean and smooth coverage. Also, using a disposable lip brush is the best way to maintain hygiene.
- 50 pieces in a set
- Easy to carry and store
- The flock-tipped applicator can be used with lipstick and gloss
- May not include a carry case or cover
You love lipsticks – be it matte or glossy, but you are not a big fan of lip liners. Because you know finding the right shade of liner to match your lipstick can be quite a hassle. It’s at times like these that lip brushes come handy! With RAMY Sable Lip Brush, you can outline your lips with the same lipstick you choose to apply on your lips. It features a flat, oval brush for precise and controlled application. Accentuate your lips further by filling your lips evenly with this brush. It is the best retractable lip liner
- Doubles as a concealer brush
- Provides even application
- Outlines lips perfectly
- Small, travel-friendly size
- May not come with a cap
For someone who applies makeup regularly, the task of having to clean your brushes after use could be frustrating, especially if you are in a rush. So why not go for something that doesn’t need cleaning such as these KOLIGHT Disposable Lip Brushes. Ideal for one-time use, these small, lightweight, disposable lip brushes come in a pack that includes 1000 pieces. With so many lip brushes, you won’t have to worry about running out of it soon. It offers a smooth finish and even coverage, thanks to its flock-shaped tip.
- 1000 pieces in a pack
- Comes packed in a plastic cover
- Delivers smooth application
- Compact and portable
- Easy to use
- Slightly expensive
Are you struggling to apply lipstick on your lips without getting it all over your teeth? Then try this lip brush by NARS to achieve a clean and precise finish. It features soft, short bristles with a narrow tip that effortlessly blends lipstick and helps you draw a crisp outline for added definition. This easy to open and close retractable lip brush helps keep the bristles clean when it’s stowed away in your pouch. Additionally, the lightweight handle makes it convenient to hold and use.
- Offers precise application
- Retractable design
- Lightweight and compact
- May take longer to cover your lips
- Slightly expensive
Arm yourself with these lip brushes, and you won’t have to worry about lip stains on your teeth or smudging or smearing of your lipstick outside the rim of your lips. Using a lip brush is not only used to accentuate your cupid’s bow but is also the perfect way to ensure the application is hygienic (given that you are cleaning the brush as recommended). With our list of the 9 best lip brushes, we hope we have made it easier for you to pick the best one. Have you tried any of these lip brushes? Which is your go-to brush? Do let us know in the comments below!
- Why Do You Need A Lip Brush?
- The Ultimate Guide To Makeup Brushes – Different Types And Their Uses
- Top 25 Professional Makeup Brushes You Should Try In 2020
- 11 Best Drugstore Makeup Brushes
Latest posts by Mayuri J Ravi (see all)
- 13 Best Drugstore Moisturizers For Combination Skin You Need To Try In 2021 - February 8, 2021
- 13 Best Dual Voltage Curling Irons In 2021 - February 8, 2021
- 10 Best Clay Masks For Combination Skin In 2021 - February 6, 2021
- 15 Best Charcoal Peel-Off Masks Of 2021 For Clearer And Radiant Complexion - February 4, 2021
- 13 Best 3D Mascaras Of 2021 You Need In Your Makeup Kit - February 1, 2021