9 Best Lip Brushes For Perfect Makeup
Apply lip glosses and lipsticks with accurate precision using sturdy cosmetic brushes.
There are several factors to consider while buying the best lip brush, and we have made it easier for you! We combed through the far ends of the internet to handpick some of our top picks for lip brushes that every makeup enthusiast should have in their kit. When we talk about lip brushes, the question on all our minds is, ‘What should I use the lip brush for?’ Well, to apply lip makeup products, what else? We have been underestimating the vitality of lip brushes for years now. With the right lip brush, you can gauge the amount of pigment you want to apply to your lips while also achieving an accurate and even application.
Applying lipgloss or lipstick using a brush also makes it last longer. Besides, it helps blend lip makeup products seamlessly without smudging them. Whether you want a blending lipstick with a lip liner, an ombre lip look, or lips with full coverage, our best picks will help you get those pouty, selfie-ready lips!
- 1 Best Precision da Vinci Classic Lip Brush $23.26 ON AMAZON Read More › $23.26 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Cruelty-Free SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Lip Brush SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Lip Brush PRICE ON AMAZON Read More › PRICE ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Retractable Design Aveda Envirometal Retractable Lip Brush $13.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $13.99 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best Budget-Friendly Youngman 2-In-1 Retractable Lip And Eye Brush $7.36 ON AMAZON Read More › $7.36 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best For Flawless Coverage Gracefulvara Lip Brush $12.89 ON AMAZON Read More › $12.89 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Comfortable Grip Revlon Retractable Lip Brush $12.1 ON AMAZON Read More › $12.1 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Travel-Friendly RAMY Sable Lip Brush Ramy Sable Lip Brush $17.73 ON AMAZON Read More › $17.73 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Easy To Use KOLIGHT Disposable Lip Brushes $23.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $23.99 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Lightweight NARS Retractable Lip Brush $32.0 ON AMAZON Read More › $32.0 ON AMAZON
In This Article
How To Use A Lip Brush
While using a lip brush, here are a few techniques you can use for precise application.
- Firstly, you need to make sure your lip brush is clean and has no residue of lipstick you used previously.
- Apply a lip liner and blend it out with the lip brush for a soft look.
- Choose the lipstick or lip gloss you want. Take a small amount of it with the brush.
- Start from the center of your upper lip and blend it out towards either side of your lip.
- Repeat the above step on the lower lip.
How To Clean And Maintain A Lipstick Brush
It is essential to clean your brush after every use to avoid infections. Here is how you should do it.
- Wash your lip brush gently with warm water and soap.
- Reshape the bristles and allow it to air dry completely.
- Once dried, store it in a clean makeup brush bag.
- Replace the brush when the bristles start to wear out.
9 Best Lip Brushes For The Perfect Pout
Best Precision:da Vinci Classic Lip Brush
With an angled and oval brush head and bristles made of Russian red sable, this is the right brush for you if you are looking for an even and precise finish. It features a slanted shape design that helps in applying lipstick/lip gloss accurately without smearing, especially at the corners of the lips. All while it also helps you spread the lipstick thinly and evenly. The body is made of wood with a black glossy lacquered finish, which makes it easy to hold and apply.
- Offers precise application
- Works well when applying lipstick to the sides of your lips
- Evenly spreads lipstick
- Sleek design
- Stiff and soft bristles
- Does not come with a cap
Best Cruelty-Free:SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable Lip Brush
One of the best lip brushes, this retractable lip brush is a must-have for every makeup enthusiast, given that you have some extra pocket-money on you! This stylish black brush features a small, tapered point that allows you to apply the lipstick/gloss in a smooth and controlled manner, which ensures that color stays inside your natural lip line. Plus, it can also be used to outline the rims of your lips for added precision. What’s more? The retractable feature of the lip brush helps keep the bristles clean when not in use. It is the best Retractable Lip Brush to try!
- Controlled application
- Can be used to blend and line
- Easy to use retractable design
- Compact and travel-friendly
Best Retractable Design:Aveda Envirometal Retractable Lip Brush
Who doesn’t love a good matte lipstick? But most of us struggle to get a smooth finish due to its stiff texture. Enter Aveda Envirometal Retractable Lipstick Brush! This brush comes with silky-soft, Taklon bristles that glide smoothly to blend the lip color on your lips and fill in fine lines evenly. The tip of the brush is firm to the point, which can be used to line the outer rims of your lips. Compact and lightweight, this lip brush is easy to carry, while the retractable design makes it ideal for a mess-free storage option.
- The handle is crafted with post-consumer recycled aluminum
- Compatible with wet and dry products
- The retractable design keeps bristles clean
- Effortlessly glides on your lips
- You can take only a tiny amount of lipstick at once
Best Budget-Friendly:Youngman 2-In-1 Retractable Lip And Eye Brush
If you are a beginner, it’s always wise to choose products that make your makeup routine quick and easy. This 2-in-1 makeup brush is made for you. It includes a lip brush on one end and eye brush on the other, which is made using premium synthetic bristles that are soft and sturdy. It makes defining and filling your lips and blending eye shadow on your eyelids an extremely easy affair. It features a twist-up design with a lid that keeps the brushes mess-free. Also, the ergonomic handle provides a good grip.
- 2-in-1 lip and eye brush
- Soft synthetic bristles
- Dual-ended retractable brush with lid
- Ergonomic handle provides better grip
- Eye shadow brush doubles as a concealing brush
- Can take only a tiny amount of lipstick at once
Best For Flawless Coverage:Gracefulvara Lip Brush
If you are trying to find an affordable lip brush, which will provide neat and even coverage without costing you a bomb, you should consider investing in this 5-piece lip brush by Gracefulvara. This Lipstick Applicator Brush contains densely packed bristles made of manmade fiber. It features a small, slender head that perfectly traces the contours of your lips to give you fuller-looking lips with flawless coverage. Lightweight, compact, and flexible, it makes for a great travel-friendly product.
- You get 5 lip brushes in a pack
- Comes with a lid to keep the brush closed when not in use
- Small and easy to carry
- Flexible slender head
- May not be durable
Best Comfortable Grip:Revlon Retractable Lip Brush
The Revlon Retractable Lip Brush has a sleek design that ensures precise application. It provides a comfortable grip so that you can apply your favorite lipstick without any mess. This lip brush features soft and firm bristles that line your lips and blend the lip color easily. It is also equipped with diamond grip handles and ExpertFX brush heads.
- Comfortable grip
- Easy to clean
- Makeup artist tested
- Value for money
- The bristles might shed
Best Travel-Friendly:RAMY Sable Lip Brush
You love lipsticks – be it matte or glossy, but you are not a big fan of lip liners. Because you know finding the right shade of liner to match your lipstick can be quite a hassle. It’s at times like these that lip brushes come handy! With RAMY Sable Lip Brush, you can outline your lips with the same lipstick you choose to apply on your lips. It features a flat, oval brush for precise and controlled application. Accentuate your lips further by filling your lips evenly with this brush. It is the best retractable lip liner
- Doubles as a concealer brush
- Provides even application
- Outlines lips perfectly
- Small, travel-friendly size
- May not come with a cap
Best Easy To Use:KOLIGHT Disposable Lip Brushes
For someone who applies makeup regularly, the task of having to clean your brushes after use could be frustrating, especially if you are in a rush. So why not go for something that doesn’t need cleaning such as these KOLIGHT Disposable Lip Brushes. Ideal for one-time use, these small, lightweight, disposable lip brushes come in a pack that includes 1000 pieces. With so many lip brushes, you won’t have to worry about running out of it soon. It offers a smooth finish and even coverage, thanks to its flock-shaped tip.
- 1000 pieces in a pack
- Comes packed in a plastic cover
- Delivers smooth application
- Compact and portable
- Easy to use
- Slightly expensive
Best Lightweight:NARS Retractable Lip Brush
Are you struggling to apply lipstick on your lips without getting it all over your teeth? Then try this lip brush by NARS to achieve a clean and precise finish. It features soft, short bristles with a narrow tip that effortlessly blends lipstick and helps you draw a crisp outline for added definition. This easy to open and close retractable lip brush helps keep the bristles clean when it’s stowed away in your pouch. Additionally, the lightweight handle makes it convenient to hold and use.
- Offers precise application
- Retractable design
- Lightweight and compact
- May take longer to cover your lips
- Slightly expensive
Lip brushes can help you achieve the perfect makeup look. You can apply lip glosses or lipsticks using a brush so that they last longer than expected. There are many lip brushes available in the market, and they can help you achieve fuller lips. You should also make sure that the lip brush you are using is clean and hygienic. These also help you put on lipstick without smudging and blend the formulas easily and evenly across your lips. For best usage, you can also wash your lip brushes gently with the help of warm water and good soap.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author of this article, Chaitra Krishnan, is a makeup aficionado with a passion for keeping up with the latest makeup trends and emerging products. She has applied her thorough research skills to curate this list of the best lip brushes out there. She checked the user reviews to understand the functionality and durability of the brushes before shortlisting them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a lip brush the same as an eyeliner brush?
No. Lip brushes have a dome shape that is useful for lining the lips’ outer contour and for precisely coloring the lip corners. On the other hand, eyeliner brushes have a pointed shape that aids in creating flawless lines above the eyelids close to the lash line.
Can you use a lip brush for liquid lipstick?
Yes. Dip the lip brush in the liquid lipstick tube and apply the color to the lips.
How do I make my lipstick look flawless?
• Exfoliate the lips with a mild scrub. Then, apply a deep hydration balm.
• Apply a lip concealer to the lips to create an even lip color. The concealer also fills up the cracks in the lips and gives a flawless base to work on.
• Line the outer contours of the lips with a smooth liner.
• Use a gentle sweep motion to color the lips with lipstick or use a lip brush to do the same.
• Remove the excess from the edges with a Q-tip, if needed.
Is it better to use a lip brush than use a lipstick directly?
Yes. Using a lip brush helps in blending the color well on the lips. It also helps you apply the color seamlessly and makes the color last longer.
- Why Do You Need A Lip Brush?
- The Ultimate Guide To Makeup Brushes – Different Types And Their Uses
- Professional Makeup Brushes You Should Try
- Types Of Lip Makeup Products