Psoriasis is a condition in which thick patches form on the surface of your skin due to the overproduction of specific skin cells. There are millions of people living with psoriasis, and this is a skin condition that requires special attention and care. Maintaining a regular skincare routine is essential, but it is also essential to choose a highly effective lotion to manage the condition.
The good news is that there are some efficient and safe-to-use lotions available in the market that you can choose from. To help you choose the best one for your skin, we have put together a list of the top 10 lotions today. Read on to know more!
The Top 10 Lotions for Psoriasis of 2020
The fragrance-free and gentle formula of this lotion soothes your skin and prevents itchiness. This lotion is developed by dermatologists and provides complete hydration and nourishment. It is composed of hyaluronic acid and other ingredients to retain moisture in the skin and eliminate dryness. It is packed with essential nutrients that are mild and leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
- Composed of ceramides to maintain the natural moisture balance
- Mild and safe on skin
- Thick and oily texture
[ Read – CeraVe Moisturizing Cream Review ]
This lotion offers 24-hour moisturization without clogging the pores while also feeling light on the skin. Composed of ceramides and hyaluronic acid, this lotion protects the skin from photodamage and nourishes it. It also features the patented MVE controlled-release technology that ensures lasting hydration. The lotion is very gentle on the skin and doesn’t feel greasy or irritating even on sensitive skin.
- No added fragrances
- Hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin
- Loaded with hyaluronic acid and ceramides
- Lightweight and oil-free formula
- Unpleasant fragrance
If you are looking for a soothing and moisturizing lotion for sensitive skin, this one is worth giving a shot. This 7.3-ounce tube is loaded with colloidal oatmeal and ceramides to provide nourishment to your skin. The lotion is dermatologist-recommended and clinically proven to relieve dryness, itchiness, and irritated skin. It is also allergy-tested and free from fragrances, so you don’t have to think twice before applying it!
- Fragrance and steroid-free lotion
- Loaded with colloidal oatmeal and ceramides
- Relieves symptoms of eczema, dryness, and itching
- May not work for severe skin issues
Some of the symptoms of psoriasis are itching and skin irritation, and this hydrating and budget-friendly cream will help provide relief quickly. This lotion is enriched with the goodness of aloe vera gel, which is considered to be one of the most hydrating and nourishing remedies for the skin. Apart from this, the lotion is formulated with seven potent moisturizers and vitamins to moisturize your skin. Its non-greasy and hypoallergenic formula makes it safe to apply to your skin regularly.
- Hypoallergenic lotion
- Non-greasy formula
- Fresh and rejuvenating fragrance
- Works on irritated skin, psoriasis, and eczema
- Very thin consistency
When you have psoriasis, it is essential to hydrate your skin. Cetaphil Rejuvenating Cream is formulated with a deep absorption formula that keeps the skin nourished for a long. The ultra-hydrating shea butter penetrates deeper layers of your skin and prevents itchiness, redness, and skin irritation. Within 24 hours of use, you’ll be able to witness your skin getting smoother, and you’ll also notice a reduction in irritation. It is curated for sensitive skin and is non-greasy and fragrance-free.
- Consists of 5 key moisturizing ingredients
- Instantly rejuvenates and hydrates irritated skin
- Recommended for sensitive skin
- Thin consistency
If you are suffering from flaky, itchy, and extremely dry skin due to psoriasis, this calming cream from Eucerin features a formula that keeps the skin hydrated with natural ingredients like oatmeal. Oatmeal is gentle on the skin and provides instant relief from symptoms of psoriasis. Keeping in mind the nature of sensitive skin, the cream is carefully curated to be fragrance-free, dye-free, and a non-comedogenic product.
- Non-greasy formula
- Offers 24-hour moisturization
- Composed of oatmeal and natural emollients
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Doesn’t get absorbed easily into the skin
If you are looking for a lotion that can alleviate the symptoms of psoriasis, then this is the cream you must try as it consists of 3% salicylic acid. The lotion is also enriched with avocado oil, bisabolol, shea butter, pro-vitamin B5, aloe, panthenol, and allantoin that is effective in treating dry and irritated skin. The tropical cream is also recognized by National Psoriasis Foundation and is thus, safe to use.
- Controls flaky skin and recurring symptoms of psoriasis
- Consists of salicylic acid and other ingredients for deep moisturization
- Free from fragrances and harmful chemicals
- Offers relief from psoriasis and eczema symptoms
- Might take a while to observe visible results
- Doesn’t provide desired results if not applied as suggested
What makes this cream unique is its ingredients that can relieve the severe symptoms of psoriasis such as itchiness, redness, flaky skin, etc. This advanced therapy moisturizing lotion is enriched with vitamins and nourishing ingredients that help in eliminating dry skin by hydrating the skin from deeper layers. It is clinically proven to show effective results in just 24 hours of use. The lotion will transform your dry and irritated skin into healthy and supple skin within a few applications!
- Infused with vitamins E and B5
- Shows results within 24 hours of use
- Transforms dry skin into supple and healthy-looking skin
- Dermatologically approved
- Feels a little greasy on the skin
Curél is a very well known brand, and this lotion helps combat psoriasis symptoms. It is formulated to provide deep nourishment within 24 hours of use. The lotion restores the natural moisture and ceramide levels of your skin with regular use, thereby preventing dryness and irritation. The formula consists of a ceramide complex and shea butter that hydrate psoriasis-affected skin. The most appealing part is that it comes with a mild and pleasant fragrance and works well on sensitive skin.
- Non-greasy and fast-absorption formula
- Dermatologist recommended
- Ceramide complex for intense nourishment and moisture retention
- Consistency is runny
The Cortizone 10 Anti-Itch Lotion For Psoriasis provides long-lasting relief from itchiness, rashes, and irritations caused by psoriasis. It contains 1% hydrocortisone that soothes itching and skin inflammation. This cream is formulated with seven moisturizers and two vitamins that moisturize the skin and prevent irritations.
- Recommended by doctors
- Provides quick relief
- Value for money
- Not suitable for all skin types
From coal tar to salicylic acid, these top 10 lotions are made using different ingredients that are proven to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis or its recurrence. If you have this condition, seek the best lotion according to your skin type and get quick relief. Remember that not all lotions work for everyone, so you’ll have to take a close look at the ingredients and intensity of your condition to buy the best one that suits your skin.
Do you have any queries regarding this post? Feel free to reach out to us in the comments below!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Do moisturizing lotions help in treating psoriasis?
Hydrating lotions, gels, and creams are often used to fight symptoms of psoriasis. The primary signs of psoriasis are itching and dehydrated skin and the moisturizers can help nourish your skin. However, if you are looking to treat or reduce the symptoms of psoriasis, it is recommended that you choose moisturizers that are specifically designed for this. It will usually consist of ingredients like salicylic acid, coal tar, etc. that are proven to provide the best results.
How long does it take for psoriasis to clear up?
Psoriasis is a skin condition that can last anywhere from months to years, and in some cases, it may be chronic. Psoriasis can also recur. There are several triggers such as stress, climatic changes, infections, medications, etc. that can cause psoriasis to return. If you have psoriasis or if your psoriasis has cleared up, you should keep using the gels and lotions that prevent psoriasis from recurring.
- 15 Best Creams For Psoriasis In 2021
- 8 Skin Care Products That Help Treat Psoriasis
- 13 Best Soaps For Psoriasis Symptoms
- Tea Tree Oil For Psoriasis: Benefits, Uses, And More
- 8 Best Homeopathy Treatments For Psoriasis
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- The 11 Best Skin Firming Lotions For Your Stomach In 2021 - April 25, 2021
- 15 Best Hydrating Face Mists For Refreshed Skin In 2021 - April 6, 2021
- Say Hello To Summer With The 15 Best Sunscreens For Kids - March 30, 2021
- The 9 Best Japanese Toners Of 2021 - March 17, 2021
- The 10 Best Lotions for Psoriasis of 2021 – Our Top Picks - March 15, 2021