Base makeup is really important, and if your base makeup is of good quality, then your blush, eyeliner, etc. will stay on for long. So it’s essential to invest in good base makeup. MAC is a well-known brand in cosmetics, and everyone in the beauty world is aware of their products. They are pricey, but after using them, you get to know their worth. Let’s take a look at this list of the best MAC Compact Powders.
Most Loved MAC Compact Powders
1. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish
Mineralize Skinfinish is baked powder that has 77 minerals and vitamin E. It is a slow-baked powder that has low-level pearlised pigments that give you a natural satin finish. It is good for people with dry and sensitive skin, and is a great product for touch-ups. A user stated, “This is my Holy Grail powder, it doesn’t ever look chalky.”
- It has 77 minerals and vitamin E.
- Gives a natural satin finish.
- Since it is a baked powder, it can break easily if care is not taken.
- Does not come along with a sponge/puff.
2. MAC Mineralize Foundation/Loose Powder
This MAC Loose Powder is enriched with 77 minerals and provides medium buildable coverage. It provides a silky smooth look and a natural finish with an excellent luminosity. This MAC powder feels comfortable and is great for people with all skin types. A user says, “This is the best loose powder. Definitely, would buy again as a regular makeup product.”
- Suitable for all skin types.
- It has a 77-mineral complex.
3. MAC Shaping Powder
The shaping powder is the best compact powder because it lets you flaunt your natural beauty with subtle shaping. The micro-fine highlighting powder is formulated with a soft-focus technology that enhances and emphasizes the higher planes of the face and adds dimension as well. It is super subtle compared to all the other face highlighters. A user says, “After hearing and seeing Emphasize over and over, I decided I needed it in my life. I’m so happy I did.”
4. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
The MAC Studio Fix compact is a one-step product that works as a foundation as well as a compact. It provides medium to full coverage and is buildable. It delivers a great finish while making the skin look matte. All you matte lovers, this one’s for you. “I have used this powder for years and can’t find anything better”, stated a user.
- It is two in one i.e. foundation plus powder.
- Delivers a medium to full coverage.
[ Read: Top 5 Compact Powders For Oily Skin ]
5. MAC Blot Pressed Powder
This MAC pressed powder is great for oily skin as it controls oil and shine while adding color and texture. It contains silica that has an oil-controlling property. It also sets foundation and keeps it intact for approximately six hours. It gives a natural yet sheer coverage. An expert stated, “This product is magical and amazing for quick touch-ups.”
- Suitable for normal to oily skin.
- Controls shine and adds color to the face.
6. MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
The Studio Careblend Pressed Powder is a really soft, cream-like powder. It glides smoothly onto the skin and gives a smooth yet natural-looking finish. It is enriched with ingredients that help the skin feel conditioned and comfortable. It is a great pick for people with dry skin because as a powder, it makes your skin look smooth and not dry. A user says, “This product is great for dry skin. If you are looking for a lightweight powder that is long-wearing with a natural finish, this is the powder for you.”
- Extremely lightweight on the skin.
- Skin feels conditioned and smooth.
7. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
It is extremely lightweight and provides a silky smooth finish to the skin while giving a sheer coverage. Its natural matte finish makes it the best MAC pressed powder. It blends easily onto the skin without disturbing the makeup. Wear it by itself or over your foundation to set it. It comes along with a suede sponge. A user stated, “This is one of those products that make you say, “Why didn’t I try this sooner?” I absolutely loved this product.”
- Comes along with a puff.
- Provides a natural matte finish.
- Great for quick touch ups.
[ Read: Best MAC Concealers Available In India ]
8. MAC Pro Longwear Pressed Powder
This MAC face powder is a great pick for people who want their makeup stay put throughout the day, as this stays on for up to 12 hours and keeps your face shine-free. It provides a velvety matte finish and delivers sheer to medium coverage. An expert states, “It has great endurance, a glowy matte finish, and is sheer lightweight. Looks fantastic over any foundation.”
- Stays for long, up to 12 hours.
- Gives a shine-free look.
9. MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Pressed Powder
The Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Pressed Powder is one of my favorite setting powders as it is transparent, doesn’t have any color, and quickly sets the makeup. This MAC setting powder is quite impressive when it comes to giving you a natural matte finish. An expert says, “This colorless powder is great to be worn over the foundation as it doesn’t change the color of the foundation and keeps the makeup looking intact.”
- Colorless finishing powder
- Wear it by itself or over the foundation.
- Suitable for all skin types.
[ Read: How To Apply Compact Perfectly ]
10. MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
The Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Loose Powder gives a silky finish and is transparent in color. It sets your makeup and also makes the face look shine free. It is a non-drying setting powder. ”I felt like it made my skin look like a movie star, I would definitely recommend”, says a user.
- Suitable for all skin tones.
- Provides a silky finish.
*Subject to Availability
Which one of these MAC compact powders is your favorite? Do share your feedback with us.
- Our Top 10 MAC Mascara Picks
- Best MAC Matte Lipstick Shades
- Best MAC Red Lipsticks
- Best Selling MAC Makeup Products For Women
- How To Choose Compact Powder
Latest posts by Afsha Rangila (see all)
- 5 Easy Steps To Blend Eyeshadows Perfectly –A Step By Step Tutorial - August 24, 2014
- How To Get The Perfect Lip Shape: A Step-By-Step Tutorial - August 6, 2014
- How To Prevent Lipstick From Smudging - July 28, 2014
- Angelina Jolie Eye Makeup: A Step By Step Tutorial - July 18, 2014
- Gorgeous Makeup For College Girls – A Step-By-Step Tutorial - June 21, 2014