You would think that the eye color is the biggest factor that decides the hue and palette of your makeup. What we often forget is that hair color also plays a big role in determining the type of makeup that looks best and naturally fitting. No one would know this better than redheads. Makeup for redheads is meant to be custom and unique and it is often difficult to find an important makeup product by mainstream brands that are suitable for redheads.
If you are a redhead and you still struggle with the answer to what color eyeshadow goes with red hair, you will be happy to know we have prepared a list of makeup products that best complement red hair. Here is a list of the 9 best makeup products for redheads.
9 Best Makeup Products For Redheads
If you just got your hair colored to a reddish brown shade and need to match your brows, or if you already had red brown hair but your eyebrows are very thin and scanty, the Etude House Color My Brows eyebrow mascara to complete your look. The result of this eyebrow mascara is a natural look that doesn’t look made up and lets you flaunt your redhead style effortlessly. This eyebrow mascara has a soft gel-like texture and it covers every strand of eyebrow hair and fixes it nicely into position. The effect is subtle yet does the job neatly and very quickly. Once you find the right product, makeup for redheads can be a lot of fun given the wide range of shades it is available in.
- Infused with allantoin, carnauba wax and beeswax to provide moisture and nutrition on brow and skin.
- Dries quickly on the brow to make a fixed color layer even when re-applying.
- Gives a clear and natural brow color and hides its own darker shade.
- The tube may contain a lesser amount of product than advertised.
The L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Peach Fuzz is one of the best lipstick colors for redheads. The best lip color for redheads has a rich color payoff and offers maximum hydration making your lips smooth, soft, and colored in such a way that it complements your skin tone. This creamy, peachy lipstick keeps in mind that the shade doesn’t wash out your skin, and even lets your teeth look whiter, which is something that most peach lipsticks fail to do. Pair the lipstick with a lip liner for a better pouty experience and enjoy this creamy shade for a day as well as night event.
- Makes lips feel smooth, soft, supple and hydrated.
- Includes vitamin E, argan oil and Omega 3.
- Contains lanolin oil, sesame seed oil and beeswax that never let the lip become dry.
- The lipstick may have to be reapplied every 3-4 hours as it is not longstay.
Makeup for redheads just became a fun affair with the monthly subscription of the How To Be A Redhead – Redhead Friendly Beauty Products Subscription Box. Created by real redheads, treat a redhead you know or yourself with these monthly surprise boxes of curated products that include the best makeup options for redheads. Each box has a new set of the best makeup for redheads and not a single product is repeated. Since redhead-friendly makeup is so hard to find, these boxes introduce you to confidence-enhancing products from new as well as existing brands so that you can experience new hair and makeup products in the comfort of your own home. The boxes include 2 full size items along with 5-7 travel-size and sample-size products.
- Each product is tested for 10 days on redheads before it is selected for the beauty box.
- Some of the products included in the box are cruelty-free, vegan and organic.
- The makeup products in the box are diverse and are not repeated.
- The shampoo and container samples may not have enough product for very long hair.
Redheads struggle with finding makeup for pale skin and accessories that match their auburn or red hair. However, the Cyndibands Ginger Color Match for Red Hair and Redheads Hair Ties in Ginger Blonde have decided to take care of at least one issue. With these special hair ties you will no longer have to worry about wearing a scrunchie that doesn’t match your ginger blonde hair color and you can finally achieve the invisible ponytail look. This hair tie can also be worn by strawberry blondes and redheads with light copper hair. The classic style of the hair tie lets you create all the hairstyles that you have wanted to try but couldn’t because of the fear of the hair tie being visible. Make these hair ties your secret weapon and achieve perfect hairdos with a neat and seamless look.
- The hair ties do not contain any metal, instead are secured with glue.
- Does not damage the hair or cause any snagging.
- The band is 4 mm thick and the length is 1.75 inches across.
- Made using rubber and polyester.
- The diameter of the hair tie may be a bit too big for a single loop and a bit too small for a double loop.
The Jolie Waterproof Indelible Gel Brow Liner Definer in the shade Redhead is perfect makeup for red hair and green eyes and ideal makeup for redheads with brown eyes. This waterproof gel brow liner defines eyebrows for redheads without making them look artificial or tattooed, as a result of which it can be worn even when you are going for a simple no-makeup look. You can wear this highly-pigmented brow liner to the beach or at the pool without worrying about your eyebrows leaking of color. This gel brow liner is easy to apply and glides on your eyebrows very smoothly in a precise manner.
- Long-lasting, stays all day.
- Ideal for auburn and true-red hair.
- The gel makes brows look natural and not painted on.
- A very small amount of the product is enough to do the job, hence the tub lasts for months.
- The gel may smudge if you brush your brows after applying the product.
[amazon box=”B00OQAU456″ template=”custom” image_size=”large” tracking_id=”tsr-makeuppro-20″]
The SHANY Cosmetics Brow Duo Makeup Kit for redheads is paired perfectly with blendable colors that will bring your eyebrows to life. Made for everyday use, this brow makeup kit lets you fill your brows and shape them to professional perfection. Makeup tips for redheads are not easy to find, but this brow duo makeup kit is so easy to use that all you need is a brow brush or your fingers to achieve a naturally filled look that doesn’t give away. The brow powders come in a convenient yet compact package with complementing colors that are the commonly used makeup colors for redheads. The brow colors are resistant to humid climate and are paraben-free. The package size is extremely convenient for carrying in your purse even when you are travelling so that you do not have to compromise on your airport style!
- Can be used as eyeshadow as well.
- Cruelty-free product that is not tested on animals at all.
- Hypoallergenic brow powder is suitable for all skin types.
- Long-lasting formula, does not need a touch-up through the day and looks natural.
- The brow powder may fade soon.
The Lime Crime Bushy Brow Gel is your answer to getting natural-looking bushy brows that stay put! Eyebrows should never be ignored or taken lightly, as they can make or break your look. This underestimated facial feature is possibly even more important than eyeshadow for red hair. If you want an everyday look that blends well with your natural eye brow and the color of your red hair, this eye brow gel is just what you need to try. The auburn-tinted gel shapes, lifts, separates and sets the eyebrow in place and creates a voluminous, long-lasting and fierce brow. The brow gel has a flexible hold that keeps your eyebrows soft and doesn’t let it look too stiff or artificially created. The mini spoolie brush that comes with the brow gel is custom-designed and coats each strand of hair with a precise amount of brow gel. A single stroke of the brush will show results and add texture to your eyebrows.
- Cruelty-free and vegan.
- Flake-free and lasts all day.
- Verified by PETA, certified by Leaping Bunny.
- Includes a mini brush for ease of application along with precision.
- The red color of the brow gel may be a bit too dark.
The MAC Veluxe Brow Liner in redhead is an artist’s pencil that can bring perfection to your brows. If you are not a fan of gel brow definers, a brow liner pencil may be a better fit for you. This brow pencil, specially made for redhead brown eyes makeup fills, defines and shapes brows with a formula that is rich and powdery. The result you get are velvety smooth and matte eye brows in high-pigmented color that look precise and defined. The eye brow pencil has temperature stability of the highest degree which makes this makeup perfect for warmer climates. A spoolie is included at the other end of the brow pencil so that you can finish your brows with a single stroke. This long-wearing eye pencil can last for 8 hours at a stretch even if you sweat or are in a highly humid location.
- Cake-free and long-lasting.
- Resistant to humidity and sweat.
- Suitable to be worn in very hot climates as well.
- The nib of the pencil may break while sharpening.
If you have been struggling to find a brow powder that matches your hair, especially if gel brow liners do not work for you, the Jolie Brow Powder Duo in redhead is worth trying. This brow powder duo lets you create natural and beautifully sharp brows within a few minutes. Each compact includes 2 shades that can match most redhead shades of hair. If you have strawberry blonde or auburn hair, this brow powder duo is a perfect match. This lightweight brow powder can also double up as eyeshadow so that you can create a complete and complemented look without having to use multiple products. It doesn’t matter what color eyes redheads have, the brow powder should be selected only based on your hair color, and this redhead edition of the Jolie brow powder duo will not disappoint!
- Made in the United States
- The product doesn’t come with an applicator brush.
Here is a buying guide that will help you decide which makeup product goes best with your red hair.
9 Best Makeup Products For Redheads- A Buying Guide
When it comes to being told what makeup works for them and what doesn’t, redheads have heard it all! However makeup artists today say that all those rules should be forgotten and the best makeup options for redheads should be unlimited. As long as you know how blue mascara looks on you, or how comfortable you feel wearing cool toned lipsticks, there should be no stopping redheads. Nevertheless there are still a few pointers which you will find very helpful when it’s time for you to refurbish your makeup collection.
Makeup Tips For Redheads
- Face makeup should be kept to the minimal:
Being a redhead with pale skin means that too much face makeup can make you look too made up. The right face makeup for a redhead is one that doesn’t hide the freckles completely and offers a rather translucent coverage along with moisturisation.
- When in doubt, say yes to cat eyes:
When it comes to eye makeup for redheads or anyone else for that matter, cat eyes are always a go-to option. Accompanied with some mascara, you will look nothing less than a femme fatale out of a James Bond movie.
- Bronzer must be chosen wisely:
Bronzer is a very exciting and fun aspect of makeup, and while it is easy to be carried away when choosing a bronzer, always remember that a very gold bronzer will end up making your pale cheeks look muddy, and that’s the last thing we want!
- Colorful eye makeup is not scary:
You may have learnt to play it safe with boring old black eyeliner and mascara but a popular trend right now is to wear contrasting eye makeup, and in your case it will contrast with your hair. Blue mascara is a special favorite when accompanied with rich auburn hair.
- Pink and red lips are not the bad guys:
There is absolutely no rule that denies redheads from wearing red or pink lipstick. However in order to avoid looking pale and dull, opt for lipsticks that have a warm orange tone to them.
Finding natural makeup for redheads is very important so that whenever they get ready to head out there should be no doubt that the makeup is flattering on them. While the basic rules of makeup are the same for redheads as they are for everyone else, the difference shows up only when it comes to choosing the right tone for the desired shade. The best lip color for redheads is not fixed and you can even wear pink and nude lipsticks as long as they have a little bit of orange in them. The golden rule is never to look washed out as it will only pale out your freckled skin more. Once you have found the right makeup products that make you feel comfortable, be fearless and step out to have fun the way redheads always do!
Latest posts by Atulya Satishkumar (see all)
- Top 15 Roll On Perfumes That You Need To Try Right Away - September 25, 2020
- 11 Best Coffee Mugs For Everyday Use - September 9, 2020
- 11 Best Air Fryer Toaster Ovens In 2020 – A Buying Guide - September 8, 2020
- 11 Best Hot Plates For All Your Cooking Needs - September 8, 2020
- 11 Best Red Eyeshadows Of 2020 That Last All Day - September 8, 2020