When you are pregnant, and a life grows inside of you, a lot of things change. One is that your clothes, mostly jeans, don’t fit. If you are someone who doesn’t like wearing skirts and dresses too often, or simply want more fashion options, this can be a problem. This is where maternity jeans come to your rescue. Maternity jeans extend and stretch as your belly grows, ensuring comfort for you and your baby. They also offer additional support in the form of maternity panels. In this article, we have listed the top 20 maternity jeans available online. Check them out!
Table Of Contents
20 Best Maternity Jeans To Check Out!
Motherhood Maternity’s bootcut jeans are made of 75% cotton, 22% polyester, 2% rayon, and 1% spandex. They are super stretchy and great for casual daily use. The jeans have a hidden seamless stretch maternity panel that extends as your belly grows. This means you can wear these jeans for the full term of your pregnancy. The fabric is relaxed and comfortable to wear all day long. It comes with functioning back pockets and can be machine washed. They are available in two colors – dark wash and medium wash.
Size: Petite To Plus Size
These skinny jeans are designed to complement your physique and hug the body without irritating the skin. They are made with a super soft and stretchy denim fabric, which is a blend of cotton, polyester, rayon, and spandex. These jeans have a full custom-built “over the belly” panel that supports your growing baby bump. They are made to offer maximum comfort for daily wear. They are available in five color options, namely, rinse, dark, medium, spring rinse, and light.
Size: Small To 3XL
These jeans are specially designed to fit comfortably and be safe for your baby. These skinny leg mid-rise jeans have a flattering fit. You can get them as full-length jeans, capri pants, or bermudas. They contain five pockets and have a button/zip closure for your convenience. The denim material used is a mix of cotton blended with spandex.
Size: Small to 3XL
These jeggings are made with denim fabric and are very comfortable and stretchable. They don’t use zippers, buttons, or studs. They have a slim leg cut and are not skinny. Instead, these jeggings show off your curves. They have an over-the-bump band that fits easily under your clothes and over your baby bump to support it. You can wear these for any occasion – whether it is as daily wear or for an evening out. The jeans have functioning back pockets and are available in three colors – black, light blue, and blue.
Size: Small to XXL
These jeans are made with 80% cotton, 18% polyester, and 2% elastane. They are super stretchy and comfortable to wear throughout the day. The inbuilt bump panel helps support your tummy in the first trimester. The waistband has cooling technology. These skinny jeans are body fitting at the thighs and hips. They can be machine washed. You can choose from two color options, i.e., Blue Laguna and Noir.
Size: X-small to X-Large
These denim overalls are made with 98% cotton and 2% spandex and have a buckle closure. They are great for casual everyday wear. They have a knit elastic side panel that has the perfect amount of stretch and expands to accommodate your growing belly. The stretched and relaxed fabric offers a comfortable and flattering fit all day long. It has comfortable inseam and functional pockets. The frayed let down hem adds to the style quotient.
Size: X-Small to XXL
These skinny jeans are made with a comfortable denim material made of 75% cotton, 22% polyester, 2% rayon, and 1% spandex. These jeans are very comfortable and can be worn all day long. They have a custom seamless maternity panel that stretches with your growing belly and supports it. These jeans have a slimming fit, a functioning back pocket, and a comfortable inseam. They can be machine washed and are available in two color options: dark wash and medium wash.
Size: X-Small To X-Large (Petite To Plus Size)
These jeans are made with 62% polyester, 33% rayon, and 5% cotton. They feature contrast stitching, whiskering at hips, and a nude-toned belly band. The soft belly band stretches over the growing belly and supports it. These skinny jeans have clean back pockets and offer a smooth and comfortable fit.
Size: X-Small to XXL
These jeans are made with a blend of cotton, polyester, rayon, and spandex. They are designed to complement your body shape. These body-fitting jeans are stretchable and comfortable to wear regularly. They have an over-the-belly panel that stretches as your tummy expands and provides additional support. You can machine wash these jeans with similar colors and cold water. These jeans are available in five color options – olive, navy, burgundy, khaki, and black.
Size: Small to 3XL
These super stretch maternity jeans are made with 70% nature cotton, 23% polyester, 5% viscose, and 2% spandex. They are specially designed to fit you comfortably and be safe for your growing baby. These jeans are 4-way stretch and offer a flattering skinny fit. They have a stretchable waistband, providing ease and room. You can get these jeans in full length, capris, or shorts, which have comfortable inseams. They are durable and can be machine washed. They are available in a range of colors like black, dark blue, medium blue, and light blue.
Size: Small to XXL
These slim boyfriend maternity jeans are made of 78% cotton, 20% polyester, and 2% elastane. They have a zipper closure and are body fitting at the thighs and hips. They have skinny style leg openings. The smooth tummy knit panel has a feminine cross back detail, which provides enhanced lower back support that folds up or down according to your comfort. These jeans have double rolled cuffs that fall just above the ankles. It is available in two color variants – Rumi and Stormy Sky Canada.
Size: X-Small to X-Large
These jeggings are made of comfortable and stretchable denim material that is a blend of 76% cotton, 22% polyester, and 2% spandex. They are comfortable to wear daily and all day long. The over-belly stretch panel supports your tummy before, during, and after pregnancy. The jeans have a faux zipper fly and button for smooth and ultimate comfort. The pants are designed to stretch with your growing tummy and offer a flexible and flattering fit. They come in four colors – black, navy, blue, dark blue.
Size: Small to X-Large
These jeans are made from a combination of 80% cotton, 18% polyester, and 2% elastane. They are super stretchable jeans that can be worn all day long. These maternity jeans feature a baby bump panel that supports your tummy during the first trimester. The waistband has a cooling technology. The jeans are tight at the hips and thighs and have cuffed leg openings. They can be machine washed. They come in two color variants: Blue Laguna and Rhapsody.
Size: X-Small to X-Large
These jeans are made of a combination of 80% cotton, 19% polyester, and 1% polyurethane. The belly panel is made with 95% cotton and 5% polyurethane. The jeans have a flexible waistband, so you can wear them throughout your pregnancy and even after. They are comfortable and stretchable and are ideal for daily wear and even special occasions. These wash denim jeans reach up to the ankles and have a slim, flattering silhouette. They are available in the following colors: blue and light blue.
Size: Medium to X-Large
These jeggings are super stretchy and comfortable without buttons, zippers, or studs. The slim leg cut does not make your legs look too skinny. These body fitting jeans have an over-the-bump panel that fits seamlessly under your clothes and gives you extra support. The comfortable elastic waistband helps in easy transition from pregnancy to motherhood. You can wear these jeans to work, special occasions, or casualwear. You can choose from three color options – dark blue, black, and navy blue.
Size: Small, Large, X-Large
These jeans shorts are made of a polyester blend and have an elastic closure. They have a V-shaped low-rise waistband that fits under the baby bump without adding any pressure. It will stretch around your growing belly and abdomen, so you can wear it throughout your pregnancy. The wide elastic belt can help you adjust the size of the shorts and help you and your baby breathe freely. These jean shorts are comfortable and stretchable, and you can wear them daily and all day long. The material also contains breathable soft cotton that keeps you cool and provides a relaxed fit. The shorts have five functional pockets. They are available in a variety of sizes and colors.
Size: X-Small to XXL
These skinny maternity jeggings are made of 70% cotton, 26% polyester, 3% rayon, and 1% spandex. They have a 30-inch inseam with functional front and back pockets. These jeans can be worn daily. They have a seamless stretch maternity panel that covers your baby bump. It expands as your tummy grows and offers additional support. They can be machine washed. You can pair them with a blouse or a blazer to look chic.
These skinny ankle length maternity jeans are made from a blend of 98% cotton and 2% spandex. They are comfortable and stretchy and perfect for daily wear. These jeans have a soft and stretchable waistband that fits under the belly easily and offers under belly support. They are available in the following colors: black, cement, olive, cherry, coral, poppy red, dusty pink, navy, royal blue, sky blue, turquoise, and white.
Size: X-Small to X-Large
These jeans are made of high-quality denim made from a blend of 52% cotton, 35% rayon, 11% polyester, and 2% spandex. They come with a crossover panel that provides full belly coverage. This panel can also be folded down for your comfort. It stretches as your belly grows, so you can wear these jeans throughout your pregnancy. The panel is anchored at the back for back support. These jeans have flare bottoms, back patch pockets, faux front pockets, and a 29” inseam. They can be machine washed in cold water with similar colored clothes.
These jeans are made with 78% cotton, 20% polyester, and 2% spandex. These are ultra-stretch jeans that provide comfort throughout your pregnancy. They can also be worn after your pregnancy. These bootcut jeans have a slight flare that flatter all body types. They have five functioning pockets. These jeans are stylish and cost-effective.
Now that you know about the top maternity jeans available on the market, here are some pointers to help you buy the best one for you.
Maternity Jeans Buying Guide: What To Look For
- Fabric: Make sure the fabric is stretchable and comfortable. Most maternity jeans are made of a blend of cotton, polyester, rayon, and spandex. These materials fit your body while providing comfort and elasticity. You can wear these jeans throughout the day with ease.
- Fitting: When it comes to fitting, there are two parameters you need to consider: waistband size and your build. You can buy maternity jeans based on your waistband size, like small, medium, large, or extra-large. But some maternity brands also consider your build, like petite, regular, or tall. You can find some brands that offer both size parameters as well.
- Waistband: Make sure the waistband extends well. Some maternity jeans also have a cooling technology in the waistband to keep you at ease.
- Bump Panel: Almost all maternity jeans will have a bump panel that goes over your tummy. This panel can extend as your tummy grows. It can fold down as well. It offers additional comfort and support and fits comfortably under your clothes.
- Belly Panel Style: While most jeans offer an over-the bump panel, some don’t. There are a variety of panel options to choose from, based on your comfort.
- Over-The-Bump: This is a panel attached to the waistband. It covers the entire baby bump and can fold down too.
- Under-The-Bump: This is a panel that supports the belly from under it. It is attached to the waistband of the jeans and doesn’t go over the belly.
- Side Panels: These are jersey bands at the sides of the jeans. They are elastic and can extend with the growing bump.
- Drawstring: This is an adjustable drawstring panel at the front. It has an elastic band at the back that offers back anchor support.
- Fly Front: This is a regular button or zip opening. It has adjustable straps and jersey panels tucked away at the sides of the waistband.
- Jersey Basque: This is a soft and stretchable jersey front panel that stretches with your growing tummy. It also has a concealed elastic that can be adjusted for fitting.
- Budget: You can find a variety of inexpensive maternity jeans that are very stylish and offer the same stretch and comfort as branded or expensive maternity jeans. Pick one based on your budget.
- Stretchable: Some maternity jeans only offer a limited amount of stretch, like until the first trimester. Most of the maternity jeans on our list offer full-term belly support, so you can wear these jeans throughout your pregnancy.
These are the top 20 maternity jeans that are not only comfortable but also make you look effortlessly stylish. You can find these jeans in different styles and sizes, depending on your comfort and style preferences. When checking out any of them, keep the buying guide in mind, so you know what to look for. Here’s to a beautiful 9-month experience!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
What size of maternity jeans should I get?
In terms of size, there are two parameters you need to keep in mind. One is the regular size consideration, which is small, medium, and extra-large. The second is the height. You can get maternity jeans in petite, regular, and tall variations.
What are the different styles of maternity jeans available?
You can get maternity jeans in different styles like bootcut, flared, shorts, slim leg cut, skinny, overalls/dungarees, capris, and bermudas.
- The Best And Most Stylish Maternity Clothes To Flaunt In 2019
- 20 Cute Pregnancy Outfits Ideas
- 10 Best Maternity Leggings – Buying Guide
Latest posts by Anjali Sayee (see all)
- Turmeric For Hair Growth - November 26, 2020
- How To Straighten Your Hair Without Heat - November 24, 2020
- Postpartum Hair Loss: Causes And Tips To Prevent - November 18, 2020
- Does Wellbutrin Cause Hair Loss? - November 18, 2020
- Lupus Hair Loss: Causes, Types, Symptoms, And Treatment - November 12, 2020