If your skin feels constantly tired, dull, and lifeless, it may be time to get your hands on the best microdermabrasion scrub! Microdermabrasion works on a minimally invasive mechanism that helps exfoliate your skin and rejuvenate it back to its natural glow! It helps improve blood circulation and get rid of the excess dirt and dead skin cells buildup by exfoliating the outermost layer of your skin, giving you soft, smooth, and radiant skin. Read on to know more about this advanced technology and which microabrasion scrubs to buy!
In This Article
What Does A Microdermabrasion Scrub Do?
A microdermabrasion scrub essentially feels like a spa-like exfoliation from the comfort of your home giving you a revitalizing skin resurfacing experience. You can choose from a range of inexpensive options that contain nourishing natural ingredients. Formulas that contain walnut shell powder, aloe vera, and manuka honey are loaded with essential skin benefits. Rest assured, microdermabrasion scrubs give you a refreshing feel to pamper yourself whenever you feel like it.
Microdermabrasion scrubs can also be sprayed onto your skin in the form of fine particles, polishing away the dead skin and making way for your moisturizers and serums to soak in better to hydrate and nourish the skin. Take a look at our list of the 13 best microdermabrasion scrubs for clean, smooth, and supple skin.
13 Best Microdermabrasion Scrubs For Soft And Supple Skin
Best Gentle Formula :Era Organics Revive+ Microdermabrasion Scrub And Mask
This microdermabrasion facial scrub and exfoliator is loaded with ingredients that work wonders for your skin. Infused with organic aloe vera leaf juice, walnut shell powder, manuka honey, and organic orange oil, this microdermabrasion scrub offers hydrating and nourishing benefits for a youthful glow. The power of aloe-vera and manuka honey gives your skin the moisturization that it needs, and walnuts add a mildly abrasive texture to remove old dead cells and damaged skin, and age spots. Cehami extracts present in the formula aid cellular regeneration, and the orange peel oil helps increase collagen production. People’s experience with this product says it produces visible results. Check out this review for a detailed understanding about the product.
- All-natural ingredients
- Helps in collagen regeneration
- Contains vitamin E
- Possesses anti-aging properties
- Gentle on the skin
- Some may find it to be too granular
Best For Anti-Aging : DRMTLGY Anti-Aging Microdermabrasion ScrubDRMTLGY Anti-Aging Microdermabrasion Scrub
This anti-aging microdermabrasion scrub is loaded with ingredients like green tea leaf extracts, antioxidants, amino acids, lemon fruit extracts, and vitamin C to help in reducing acne scars, dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, brightening dull complexion, evening out skin tone, and lightening Melasma. Also formulated with apple fruit extract, this scrub has anti-aging properties, and glycolic acid, derived from sugar cane, gently loosens dead skin cells leaving you with youthful-looking skin. The vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub is also paraben and sulfate-free and is far from any harsh chemicals or heavily abrasive ingredients.
- Sulfate and paraben-free
- Gently exfoliates
- Non-abrasive formula
- Some users with sensitive skin found it to be slightly drying.
Best With Natural Crystals:Needcrystals Microdermabrasion Crystals Skincare Booster Scrub
If you’re looking for a dermatologist-tested crystal microdermabrasion scrub, this one contains 99.41% corundum powder as its active ingredient and acts as the perfect skin care booster. The easy-to-apply formula of the crystal scrub can be used in combination with everyday cleansers on your face and body. This microcrystal scrub helps stimulate blood circulation, removes wrinkles, stress lines, dark spots, and has anti-aging benefits. Get rid of clogged pores, and indulge in radiant and clear skin with this scrub.
- Contains 100% natural crystals
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Enhances blood circulation
- Crystals may be harsh on sensitive skin.
Best Overall :Derma - E Essentials Microdermabrasion ScrubDerma - E Essentials Microdermabrasion Scrub
The microdermabrasion scrub by Derma-E Essentials can work wonders for your skin with its nourishing ingredients. This super scrub contains Dead Sea salts, citric oils like orange and lemon peel oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil, and kaolin. Loaded with the goodness of vitamin E, this rich combination helps soothe your skin by hydrating it and leaving it feeling soft and nourished. This video review will help you understand more about the product. Moreover, reviewers have shared their testing experiences, highlighting the impressive results achieved through regular use.
- Kaolin clay absorbs excessive oil
- Citrus oils keep the skin hydrated
- Dead Sea salts help exfoliate
- Contains vitamin E
- Dermatologist-recommended product
- Can be a little harsh on susceptible skin types.
Best For Dull Skin :Bliss Micro Magic Skin-Renewing Microdermabrasion Scrub
This microdermabrasion scrub for skin renewal contains volcanic pumice and kaolin clay, along with pro-vitamin B5, jojoba seed, soybean oil, aloe leaf juice, peppermint oil, chamomile, and lavender extracts. The mild exfoliation of the ultra-fine pumice gently works to improve blood circulation, removing dead skin with the right amount of abrasion for sensitive skin. Tester’s experience also records the benefits of vitamin E and aloe vera in providing soothing and gentle treatment to improve the appearance of dull skin, making it look and feel nourished and revitalized.
- Contains vitamin E
- Dermatologist-tested product
- Preferably not to be used for acne-prone skin.
Best For Sensitive Skin : Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying ExfoliatorDr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator
This dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, and paraben-free lightweight microdermabrasion exfoliator carries richness jojoba oil, aloe vera, and chamomile extracts that soothe and refresh the skin with their hydrating qualities. With aluminum oxide crystals and lactic acid milk-derived AHAs, this professional-grade chemical exfoliator cleanses the skin to remove dead cells and provides deep cleansing. The other nourishing ingredients that help in skin regeneration and collagen-building are grapefruit extract, clover honey, algae extract, oat extract, and the superstar of all ingredients for skin — vitamin E. This scrub not only helps tackle dark spots but also leaves the skin looking rejuvenated and youthful.
- Helps in removing dead cells
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- May not be entirely ideal for acne-prone skin
Best Dermatologically-Tested : Touch Microdermabrasion ScrubTouch Microdermabrasion Scrub
The Touch Microdermabrasion scrub contains gentle exfoliators and a science-backed solution that help smoothen the skin and reduce discoloration. With stabilizers to keep the formula together, the emollients and humectants in this scrub work to deeply hydrate your skin from within. The dermatologist-approved scrub also contains green tea extracts, glycerin, aluminum oxide, and jojoba oil that have beneficial skin effects. The carefully packed clinically-tested ingredients help in restoring lost moisture while gently getting rid of dead cells, dark spots, fine wrinkles, and suntan.
- Dermatologically tested
- Clinically-proven ingredients
- Provides gentle abrasion
- Can be used frequently
- It may not deep clean your pores
Best For Psoriasis-Prone Skin: Honeyskin Face And Body MicrodermabrasionHoneyskin Face And Body Microdermabrasion
This microdermabrasion scrub is loaded with essential oils like coconut and orange peel oil and also contains manuka honey for effective antifungal and antiviral properties. Enriched with cehami flower extracts that have antimicrobial properties, this scrub helps in reversing sun damage. The Honeyskin Microdermabrasion Scrub is sulfate and paraben-free as well as gluten-free, as it gently enables you to repair skin conditions like rosacea and eczema.
- Recommended for psoriasis-affected skin
- Light abrasion
- Balances pH levels to 5.5
- Gentle on all skin types
- Some may find the texture slightly sticky
Best For Hyperpigmentation:Eva Naturals Exfoliating Face Scrub
The Eva Naturals Exfoliating Face Scrub uses the finest cosmetic pumice to exfoliate old, dry skin and promote cellular turnover. It fights radical cellular damage with antioxidants, making it an age-defying treatment for fine wrinkles. It removes blackheads and exfoliates the face. This face exfoliant has skin-loving ingredients to lighten dark spots, reduce redness, and keep your skin healthy.
- Reduces wrinkles
- Cleanses pores
- Brightens the skin tone
Best For Dry Skin : Botanic Tree MicrodermabrasionBotanic Tree Microdermabrasion
Infused with Japanese green tree extracts and loaded with antioxidants, sage, lavender, and grapefruit, this natural microdermabrasion scrub from Botanic Tree has a deep-cleansing formula that helps dehydrated skin stay hydrated by clearing the outermost layer of the skin. Apart from moisturizing the skin, it also deeply cleanses the pores to remove impurities and pollutants. This product is free of sulfates and other harsh chemicals that make it an ideal choice for dry and sensitive skin.
- Light abrasion for exfoliating
- Contains natural ingredients
- Ideal for dry and sensitive skin
- You may find that the abrasive particles are quite granular
Best For Deep Cleansing:POP MODERN.C Vitamin C and Turmeric Face Scrub
The POP MODERN.C Vitamin C and Turmeric Face Scrub improve skin appearance and health. It includes vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that protects the skin from free radical damage while stimulating collagen formation and lightening the complexion. The anti-inflammatory turmeric helps decrease inflammation and redness and levels out the skin for an even tone and the strawberry extract exfoliates and softens skin with antioxidants. Coconut oil and aloe vera help moisturize the skin. This face scrub removes blackheads, dark spots, and acne. It softly exfoliates, unclogs pores, and prevents outbreaks.
- Improves fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps in removing dead cells
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Suitable for all skin types
Best For Exfoliating Treatment:Brooklyn Botany Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub
The Brooklyn Botany Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub helps you achieve tight, bright, and youthful-looking skin. It is formulated with kaolin that helps to detoxify pores and absorbs excess oils and aloe vera helps to hydrate skin and heals inflammation. It also contains pumice helping in gentle exfoliation, softening the skin, and leaving it smooth to the touch and sunflower oil that evens out the skin tone and protects skin from aging. By stimulating the production of new skin cells, this microdermabrasion scrub helps even out skin texture and tone. It also helps in the reduction of blackheads and skin pores.
- Deep cleansing
- Evens out skin tone
- Removes dead skin
- Suitable for all skin types
Best For Acne Scars:SKINN Skin Care Dermappeal Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub
The SKINN Skin Care Dermappeal Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub efficiently eliminates dead skin cells, diminishes the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and reveals a more radiant complexion. It is formulated with kakadu plum extract and as well as five separate stabilizing forms of antioxidant vitamin C crystals that assist to eliminate dead skin cells, pollutants, and debris, exposing skin that appears smoother, brighter, and more youthful. This scrub’s exfoliating properties also aid in scar reduction and unclogging pores to reduce the appearance of blackheads and pimples.
- Helps in removing dead cells
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Crystals can be harsh on sensitive skin
Now that you have taken a look at the best microdermabrasion scrubs available in the market, you can make an informed choice based on what you need. Ideally, you can buy a scrub based on the different ingredients they contain and the level of exfoliation they may provide. We’ve curated a buying guide to help you choose a scrub that will best suit your skin type and needs.
How To Choose The Best Microdermabrasion Scrub
- You can choose a gentle abrasion for exfoliation, but not one that is too harsh and can leave your skin sore, so choosing one with walnut shells, oats extracts, apricot scrub, or freshwater silt, would be a natural choice.
- The skin has a naturally occurring oil that clogs pores and causes blemishes. If the skin is too oily, you can safely use the microdermabrasion scrub at least 2-3 times a week. Using it more frequently over dry skin may make it overly dry.
- The more organic the ingredients, the better. Look for ingredients that are natural and help your skin type. For dehydrated skin, chamomile and aloe vera extracts have anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties and are known for their healing abilities.
- For oily skin types, kaolin clay and tea tree extracts are recommended, as tea tree soothes the skin while unclogging pores, and the clay helps keep the skin hydrated.
- For combination skin types, walnut shells, orange peel oil, lemon oil extracts, manuka honey, and aloe vera are ideal for helping restore collagen and promote skin regeneration.
- Microdermabrasion scrubs are easy to use. More often than not, they come with an inbuilt abrasive ingredient such as walnut shells infused with a lot of other goodies that all you have to do is wet your face.
- Take a dollop of the scrub and gently massage your face in circular motions, avoiding the eyes. You can do this for 1 or 2 minutes and wash it off with water. Pat your face dry gently.
- In the case of microdermabrasion crystals, you have an added advantage as you can mix it with your favorite cleanser and then massage your face in gentle circular motions for up to 2 minutes.
- When using crystal scrubs, you should be careful, especially if you have acne-prone skin. It is always best to do a patch test before continued use.
- A good microdermabrasion scrub helps eliminate the dead skin cells accumulated on the outer layer of your face. These can lead to blocked pores and affect collagen production, which might further lead to skin irregularities. You can simply prevent skin erosions but allow your skin to indulge in microdermabrasion therapy.
- With the very first use of the scrub, you can notice a remarkable change in your face, making it look brighter and a whole lot cleaner.
- Using a scrub is convenient, especially from the comfort of your home. Reduce acne scars, remove blackheads, clear uneven skin tone, and lighten dark spots, all with the help of an effective face scrub.
- The abrasion of fine crystals in a smooth cream can also help in improving blood circulation and cellular regeneration for a more youthful and radiant glow.
- A microdermabrasion scrub is a safe and effective formula to improve your skin by utilizing minimally abrasive ingredients such as fine crystals or ultra-fine pumice that exfoliate the outer layer of the skin. These formulas help remove dead skin cells and reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tones. Microdermabrasion scrubs are also used for deep cleansing clogged pores which give the impression of exhaustion and dullness of the skin. A good microdermabrasion scrub will give your skin the ability to restore its natural radiance and allow your skin to soak in serums and moisturizers. Ideally, you can use these scrubs 2-3 times a week while keeping in mind your skin and its needs for clean and clear skin.
Microdermabrasion scrubs can help in skin rejuvenation, imparting a clear complexion and healthy glow. They can help boost your blood circulation while getting rid of the dead skin cells on your skin. Microdermabrasion scrubs can be beneficial in getting rid of excess dirt on your skin while helping in nourishing the deeper layers of your face. The Era Organics Revive+ Microdermabrasion Scrub And Mask is formulated with entirely natural ingredients, hydrating your skin, while the DRMTLGY Anti-Aging Microdermabrasion Scrub is specifically designed to effectively reduce acne scars and dark spots, promoting a more youthful appearance. For those seeking soothing treatment, the Bliss Micro Magic Skin-Renewing Microdermabrasion Scrub offers an ideal solution. While choosing the best microdermabrasion scrubs, you should opt for the ones that come packed with natural ingredients. However, it is better to avoid the ones that are too harsh on the skin.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Krati Darak, is an avid skin care fiend with a passion for researching and sharing products that enhance your skin. Sneha recommends using microabrasion scrubs to revitalize and exfoliate your skin and make it youthful and radiant. She conducted extensive research on each product mentioned on this list. As a result, they provide advantages like high-quality ingredients, skin-enriching benefits, skin-friendliness, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do after the microdermabrasion scrub?
Pat your face with a damp clean towel and apply a few drops of toner to the face to eliminate the excess dead skin cells after microdermabrasion. Then, use a gentle, nourishing moisturizer on the face.
How often should you do a microdermabrasion scrub?
Use a microdermabrasion scrub twice a week if you have oily skin, and use the scrub only once a week if you have dry skin.
Can I wash my face after microdermabrasion?
Yes. Wash the face gently with clean water after microdermabrasion to remove the remaining dead skin cells.
Can I use Vitamin C after microdermabrasion?
No. Do not use vitamin C immediately after microdermabrasion to prevent skin irritation. Instead, wait for 48 hours, then use any vitamin C product.
Do you peel after microdermabrasion?
Yes. Experiencing skin peeling is common after microdermabrasion. It removes the uppermost dermis layer and stimulates skin regeneration. You can check the reviewer’s experience for any brand and product you choose to learn about the various after-effects of using them as well.