If your skin feels constantly tired, dull, and lifeless, it may be time to get your hands on the best microdermabrasion scrub! Microdermabrasion works on a minimally invasive mechanism that helps exfoliate your skin and rejuvenate it back to its natural glow! It helps improve blood circulation and get rid of the excess dirt and dead skin cells buildup by exfoliating the outermost layer of your skin, giving you soft, smooth, and radiant skin. Read on to know more about this advanced technology and which microabrasion scrubs to buy!
In This Article
What Does A Microdermabrasion Scrub Do?
A microdermabrasion scrub essentially feels like a spa-like exfoliation from the comfort of your home. You can choose from a range of inexpensive options that contain nourishing natural ingredients. Formulas that contain walnut shell powder, aloe vera, and manuka honey are loaded with essential skin benefits. Rest assured, microdermabrasion scrubs give you a refreshing feel to pamper yourself whenever you feel like it.
Microdermabrasion scrubs can also be sprayed onto your skin in the form of fine particles to polish away the dead skin and make way for your moisturizers and serums to soak in better to hydrate and nourish the skin. Take a look at our list of the 13 best microdermabrasion scrubs for clean, smooth, and supple skin.
13 Best Microdermabrasion Scrubs For Soft And Supple Skin
1. Best Gentle Formula : Era Organics Revive+ Microdermabrasion Scrub And Mask
This microdermabrasion facial scrub and exfoliator is loaded with ingredients that work wonders for your skin. Infused with organic aloe vera leaf juice, walnut shell powder, manuka honey, and organic orange oil, this microdermabrasion scrub offers hydrating and nourishing benefits for a youthful glow. The power of aloe-vera and manuka honey gives your skin the moisturization that it needs, and walnuts add a mildly abrasive texture to remove old dead cells and damaged skin, and age spots. Cehami extracts present in the formula aid cellular regeneration, and the orange peel oil helps increase collagen production. Check out this review for a detailed understanding about the product.
- All-natural ingredients
- Helps in collagen regeneration
- Contains vitamin E
- Possesses anti-aging properties
- Gentle on the skin
- Some may find it to be too granular
2. Best For Anti-Aging : DRMTLGY Anti-Aging Microdermabrasion Scrub
This anti-aging microdermabrasion scrub is loaded with ingredients like green tea leaf extracts, antioxidants, amino acids, lemon fruit extracts, and vitamin C to help to reduce acne scars, dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, brightens dull complexion, evens out skin tone, and lights Melasma. Also formulated with apple fruit extract, this scrub has anti-aging properties, and glycolic acid, derived from sugar cane, gently loosens dead skin cells leaving you with youthful-looking skin. The vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub is also paraben and sulfate-free and is far from any harsh chemicals or heavily abrasive ingredients.
- Sulfate and paraben-free
- Gently exfoliates
- Non-abrasive formula
- Some users with sensitive skin found it to be slightly drying.
3. Best With Natural Crystals: Needcrystals Microdermabrasion Crystals Skincare Booster Scrub
If you’re looking for a crystal microdermabrasion scrub, this one contains 99.41% corundum powder as its active ingredient and acts as the perfect skincare booster. The easy-to-apply formula of the crystal scrub can be used in combination with every day cleansers on your face and body. This scrub helps stimulate blood circulation, removes wrinkles, stress lines, dark spots, and has anti-aging benefits. Get rid of clogged pores, and indulge in radiant and clear skin with this scrub.
- Contains 100% natural crystals
- Contains anti-aging properties
- Enhances blood circulation
- Crystals may be harsh on sensitive skin.
4. Best Overall : Derma – E Essentials Microdermabrasion Scrub
The microdermabrasion scrub by Derma-E Essentials can work wonders for your skin with its nourishing ingredients. This super scrub contains Dead Sea salts, citric oils like orange and lemon peel oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil, and kaolin. Loaded with the goodness of vitamin E, this rich combination helps soothe your skin by hydrating it and leaving it feeling soft and nourished. This video review will help you understand more about the product.
- Kaolin clay absorbs excessive oil
- Citrus oils keep the skin hydrated
- Dead Sea salts help exfoliate
- Contains vitamin E
- Can be a little harsh on susceptible skin types.
5. Best For Dull Skin : Bliss Micro Magic Skin-Renewing Microdermabrasion Scrub
This skin-renewing microdermabrasion scrub contains volcanic pumice and kaolin clay, along with pro-vitamin B5, jojoba seed, soybean oil, aloe leaf juice, peppermint oil, chamomile, and lavender extracts. The mild exfoliation of the ultra-fine pumice gently works to improve blood circulation, removing dead skin with the right amount of abrasion for sensitive skin. Vitamin E and aloe vera provide a soothing and gentle treatment to the appearance of dull skin, making it look and feel nourished and revitalized.
- Contains vitamin E
- Preferably not to be used for acne-prone skin.
6. Best For Sensitive Skin : Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator
This dermatologically tested, hypoallergenic, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, and paraben-free lightweight microdermabrasion exfoliator carries richness jojoba oil, aloe vera, and chamomile extracts that soothe and refresh the skin with their hydrating qualities. With aluminum oxide crystals and lactic acid milk-derived AHAs, this professional-grade chemical exfoliator cleanses the skin to remove dead cells and provides deep cleansing. The other nourishing ingredients that help in skin regeneration and collagen-building are grapefruit extract, clover honey, algae extract, oat extract, and the superstar of all ingredients for skin — vitamin E. This scrub not only helps tackle dark spots but also leaves the skin looking rejuvenated and youthful.
- Helps in removing dead cells
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- May not be entirely ideal for acne-prone skin
7. Best Dermatologically-Tested : Touch Microdermabrasion Scrub
The Touch Microdermabrasion scrub contains gentle exfoliators that help smoothen the skin and reduce discoloration. With stabilizers to keep the formula together, the emollients and humectants in this scrub work together to hydrate your skin. The scrub also contains green tea extracts, glycerin, aluminum oxide, and jojoba oil that have beneficial skin effects. The carefully packed ingredients in this scrub helps in restoring the skin of its lost moisture while gently getting rid of dead cells, dark spots, fine wrinkles, and suntan.
- Provides gentle abrasion
- Can be used frequently
- It may not deep clean your pores
8. Best For Psoriasis-Prone Skin: Honeyskin Face And Body Microdermabrasion
This microdermabrasion scrub is loaded with essential oils like coconut and orange peel oil and also contains manuka honey for effective antifungal and antiviral properties. Enriched with cehami flower extracts that have antimicrobial properties, this scrub helps in reversing sun damage. The Honeyskin Microdermabrasion Scrub is sulfate and paraben-free as well as gluten-free, as it gently enables you to repair skin conditions like rosacea and eczema.
- Recommended for psoriasis-affected skin
- Light abrasion
- Balances pH levels to 5.5
- Gentle on all skin types
- Some may find the texture slightly sticky
9. Best For Hyperpigmentation: Besito Microdermabrasion Exfoliation Gentle Face Scrub
The Besito microdermabrasion scrub contains green tea leaf extract, sugar cane extract, apple fruit extract, and lemon fruit extract. It corrects hyperpigmentation and reduces acne scarring, clears dead skin, and removes grime. The deep cleansing formula cleans pores, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and suits all skin types. Get blemish-free skin that is bright and radiant after an excellent at-home facial by incorporating this microdermabrasion scrub into your routine.
- Suitable for all skin types
- You may have to use this product often to get desired results.
10. Best For Dry Skin : Botanic Tree Microdermabrasion
Infused with Japanese green tree extracts and loaded with antioxidants, sage, lavender, and grapefruit, this natural microdermabrasion scrub from Botanic Tree has a deep-cleansing formula that helps dehydrated skin stay hydrated by clearing the outermost layer of the skin. Apart from moisturizing the skin, it also deeply cleanses the pores to remove impurities and pollutants. This product is free of sulfates and other harsh chemicals that make it an ideal choice for dry and sensitive skin.
- Light abrasion for exfoliating
- Contains natural ingredients
- Ideal for dry and sensitive skin
- You may find that the abrasive particles are quite granular
11. Best For Boosting Circulation : Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
The Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System is a game-changer. With ingredients like glycerin and citric acid fragrance, you can get a rejuvenating spa-like skin treatment right from the comfort of your home, with 24 counts of exfoliating pre-dosed puffs. This chemical exfoliator product is effective for anti-aging, as it helps tackle signs of fine wrinkles while increasing blood circulation with a gentle massage.
- Mechanized exfoliation
- Even massage action
- Contains pre-dosed puffs
- Buffs dead skin
- Contains sulfate
12. Best For Deep Cleansing:Like Exfoliation Treatment: IQ Naturals Aluminum Oxide Crystals Microdermabrasion
The IQ Naturals Aluminum Oxide Crystals will give you professional-quality chemical exfoliation while maintaining the skin softness and radiance it has lost over time. The fine crystals gently exfoliate the skin to cover dark spots, uneven skin tone, fine wrinkles and give your face a fresh, radiant feel. The spa-like microdermabrasion scrub with 120 grit pure white aluminum oxide is an effective solution to skin exfoliating. The oxide crystals help give the skin an even tone by effectively exfoliating the dead cells and bringing out healthy and vibrant skin.
- Deep cleansing
- Natural exfoliator
- Evens out skin tone
- Removes dead skin
- May not be suitable for extremely sensitive skin
13. Best For Acne Scars : Imagine Dermatology Microdermabrasion Creamy Scrub
The Imagine Dermatology Microdermabrasion Creamy Scrub is made with an organic herbal-infused formula with hibiscus flowers, chamomile, lavender, and jojoba seed oil. The fine crystals in this scrub have a soft creamy texture to give you a professional exfoliation treatment. This gentle exfoliating scrub helps in reducing dark spots, acne scars, fine wrinkles, clearing congested pores, and dead skin, giving your skin a radiant, youthful glow that is visible after the first application.
- Suitable for all skin types
- No artificial colors
- Reduces acne scars over time
- May feel slightly abrasive upon frequent use
Now that you have taken a look at the best microdermabrasion scrubs available in the market, you can make an informed choice based on what you need. Ideally, you can buy a scrub based on the different ingredients they contain and the level of exfoliation they may provide. We’ve curated a buying guide to help you choose a scrub that will best suit your skin type and needs.
How To Choose The Best Microdermabrasion Scrub
You can choose a gentle abrasion for exfoliation, but not one that is too harsh and can leave your skin sore, so choosing one with walnut shells, oats extracts, apricot scrub, or freshwater silt, would be a natural choice.
Frequency of use
The skin has a naturally occurring oil that clogs pores and causes blemishes. If the skin is too oily, you can safely use the microdermabrasion scrub at least 2-3 times a week. Using it more frequently over dry skin may make it overly dry.
Skin type and ingredients
The more organic the ingredients, the better. Look for ingredients that are natural and help your skin type. For dehydrated skin, chamomile and aloe vera extracts have anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties and are known for their healing abilities.
For oily skin types, kaolin clay and tea tree extracts are recommended, as tea tree soothes the skin while unclogging pores, and the clay helps keep the skin hydrated.
For combination skin types, walnut shells, orange peel oil, lemon oil extracts, manuka honey, and aloe vera are ideal for helping restore collagen and promote skin regeneration.
How To Use A Microdermabrasion Scrub
- Microdermabrasion scrubs are easy to use. More often than not, they come with an inbuilt abrasive ingredient such as walnut shells infused with a lot of other goodies that all you have to do is wet your face.
- Take a dollop of the scrub and gently massage your face in circular motions, avoiding the eyes. You can do this for 1 or 2 minutes and wash it off with water. Pat your face dry gently.
- In the case of microdermabrasion crystals, you have an added advantage as you can mix it with your favorite cleanser and then massage your face in gentle circular motions for up to 2 minutes.
- When using crystal scrubs, you should be careful, especially if you have acne-prone skin. It is always best to do a patch test before continued use.
Benefits Of Using A Microdermabrasion Scrub
- A good microdermabrasion scrub helps eliminate the dead skin cells accumulated on the outer layer of your face. These can lead to blocked pores and affect collagen production, which might further lead to skin irregularities. You can simply prevent skin erosions but allow your skin to indulge in microdermabrasion therapy.
- With the very first use of the scrub, you can notice a remarkable change in your face, making it look brighter and a whole lot cleaner.
- Using a scrub is convenient, especially from the comfort of your home. Reduce acne scars, remove blackheads, clear uneven skin tone, and lighten dark spots, all with the help of an effective face scrub.
- The abrasion of fine crystals in a smooth cream can also help in improving blood circulation and cellular regeneration for a more youthful and radiant glow.
- A microdermabrasion scrub is a safe and effective formula to improve your skin by utilizing minimally abrasive ingredients such as fine crystals or ultra-fine pumice that exfoliate the outer layer of the skin. These formulas help remove dead skin cells and reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tones. Microdermabrasion scrubs are also used for deep cleansing clogged pores, giving the impression of tired and dull skin. A good microdermabrasion scrub will give your skin the ability to restore its natural radiance and allow your skin to soak in serums and moisturizers. Ideally, you can use these scrubs 2-3 times a week while keeping in mind your skin and its needs for clean and clear skin.
Microdermabrasion scrubs can help in exfoliating your skin and rejuvenating your face. They can help boost your blood circulation while getting rid of the dead skin cells on your skin. Microdermabrasion scrubs can be beneficial in getting rid of excess dirt on your skin while helping in nourishing the deeper layers of your face. While choosing the best microdermabrasion scrubs, you should opt for the ones that come packed with natural ingredients. However, it is better to avoid the ones that are too harsh on the skin.
Why Trust Stylecraze
The author, Vaishnavi Kothuri, is an avid skin care fiend with a passion for researching and sharing products that enhance your skin. Sneha recommends using microabrasion scrubs to revitalize and exfoliate your skin and make it youthful and radiant. She conducted extensive research on each product mentioned on this list. As a result, they provide advantages like high-quality ingredients, skin-enriching benefits, skin-friendliness, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do after the microdermabrasion scrub?
Pat your face with a damp clean towel and apply a few drops of toner to the face to eliminate the excess dead skin cells after microdermabrasion. Then, use a gentle, nourishing moisturizer on the face.
How often should you do a microdermabrasion scrub?
Use a microdermabrasion scrub twice a week if you have oily skin, and use the scrub only once a week if you have dry skin.
Can I wash my face after microdermabrasion?
Yes. Wash the face gently with clean water after microdermabrasion to remove the remaining dead skin cells.
Can I use Vitamin C after microdermabrasion?
No. Do not use vitamin C immediately after microdermabrasion to prevent skin irritation. Instead, wait for 48 hours, then use any vitamin C product.
Do you peel after microdermabrasion?
Yes. Experiencing skin peeling is common after microdermabrasion. It removes the uppermost dermis layer and stimulates skin regeneration.