Migraine is “more than just a headache.” What do you do when a migraine hits you? Probably run for ice to dull the pain? Some people fashion their cold compress by putting ice into plastic bags while others may apply a frozen gel pack over their heads. All this requires a little more effort – which might not be possible when we are brain fogged.
The impending mess also adds to the agony! Sometimes, you wake up to a soaking wet bed if the plastic bursts. As you cannot go anywhere while you are icing – and that inhibits your mobility. To address all these issues, we have the migraine hat. A migraine hat is an ingenious product created to help those who get debilitating migraine pain. We have compiled a list of the top 10 migraine hats to help you out. Scroll down to get started!
Here’s how a migraine hat works.
How Does A Migraine Hat Work?
A migraine hat or a migraine band is a handsfree and soft adjustable band that wraps around your head. The ice gel pack is placed inside the band – which is also long enough to cover your head. It is adjustable, which means you can loosen or tighten it to target the pressure points. The cold and compressing therapy provided by the migraine caps has a numbing effect that helps reduce pain sensation.
As already discussed, the hassles with DIY ice hats are many. Another major problem with the DIY ice packs is that they obstruct fingertip compression. Migraine hats claim to solve this issue by allowing you to adjust the level of compression. If you have responded well to cold or compression therapy in the past, you have reasonably good reasons to try the migraine hat. We resort to a lot of home remedies to get rid of that throbbing or pulsing pain.
Here are the 10 best migraine hats that can provide relief from the pain.
10 Best Migraine Hats
1. Headache Hat-The Original Wearable Ice Pack for Migraine Headaches and Tension Relief
The original headache hat, also known as the headache halo, is made up of 92% cotton and 8% lycra. It gives quick and long-lasting cooling therapy for migraine headaches. It also works well for head and neck stress. This headache hat is made of soft material, such as cotton, spandex, and microfleece, and is convenient to wear for long hours (including during travel). The ice cubes are coated in thin plastic layers to provide you lasting relief without having the ice melt on you. This hat has a flexible design; you can move the ice cubes within the band and target all the pain points on your head and body.
- Made up of soft and comfortable material
- Provides instant and long-lasting cooling therapy
- Flexible design
- Can be used as an eye mask, neck pillow, etc.
2. Headache Relief Ice Pack Hat
The headache relief ice pack hat from World-Bio is a flexible gel-ice head-wrap. This cold hat is made up of soft, flexible material, and you can wear it comfortably for long hours. The hat perfectly contours your head. It stays secure with no need to readjust repeatedly. This migraine hat is leakproof and latex-free. The gel packs remain mouldable even when frozen. This helps target the pain points and offers targeted relief.
- Made of soft and flexible material
- Convenient size
- Reusable (both hot and cold)
- Long-lasting gel
- Quality construction
3. Headache Hat- Go Ice Pack For Migraine
This ice head wrap is made of soft and flexible material like cotton, spandex, and microfleece – making it comfortable to wear for long hours and even while traveling. The individually wrapped ice cubes move easily and can be adjusted to target pain points and provide an instant cooling sensation. This lightweight band can be worn in multiple ways. It not only helps with migraine pain and headaches but also provides relief from head and neck tension and body pains.
- Soothing compression
- Long-lasting cooling therapy
- Flexible design
- Soft and comfortable material
4. Arctic Flex Headache Relief Ice Pack Hat
The Arctic Flex migraine head wrap comes with a soft stretchable fabric that makes it comfortable to wear. It has two snap buttons to prevent the ice from shifting. This ice pack hat has got a stretchable cover that has a maximum head circumference of 24”. This wrap also includes an extender strap that can extend up to 30” in circumference. It is leakproof and latex-free. This migraine hat comes with a 60-day unconditional guarantee that helps you make a confident purchase.
- Targeted migraine relief
- Customizable for hot or cold therapy
- Adjustable fit with an extender strap
- Machine washable cover
- 60-day guarantee
5. Icekap Migraine Cap
The Icekap Migraine Cap is the first of its kind. It is supported by the National Children’s Cancer Society and recommended by MDs. What makes it unique is the soft microfleece and the adjustable occipital tension band. It allows your head to melt into the fabric and also creates the correct compression. The Icekap Migraine cap has 5 therapy-grade non-toxic gel ice packs. These gel packs stay colder for longer and remain soft when frozen. Icekap migraine cap provides full coverage to the occipital area and the neck. It also covers the crown, temporal, parietal, and frontal regions.
- Adjustable occipital tension band
- Comes with non-toxic gel packs that last up to 3 hours
- Remains soft when frozen
- Can be heated or cooled
6. Magic Gel Migraine Relief Cap
This migraine relief cap is made of a PVC and nylon exterior with a soft lycra layer. The inside of the cap is made of a mixture of water, glycerol, SAP, and Korean clay to provide long-lasting coolness. It remains soft and flexible even at low temperatures. It creates a calm, cool, and dark environment. The magic gel migraine relief cap is drug-free and recommended by neurologists.
- Comfortable fit
- Provides 35 minutes of cold relief
- Reusable up to 300 cycles
- Comes with multiple fitting options
- Not adjustable
7. Migraine Gel Ice Hat- Fomi Care
Fomi’s Migraine hat is made of soft, fleecy material and is lightweight. This ice hat comes with three removable and reusable gel packs – two to cover each side of the head and one for the front, thereby giving you full coverage. It gives an instant cooling sensation and provides soothing relief by targeting all the pain points in your head. It reaches deep into the tissue to diminish the pain and stays in place, thereby creating a hands-free experience. You can put either the entire migraine hat or just the gel packs alone in the refrigerator or freezer to achieve the desired temperature for cooling. It is made up of non-toxic medical-grade liquid gel. It comes in a PVC covering and is latex-free.
- Provides an adjustable and secure fit
- Machine washable material
- Safe to use
- Ice packs become hard when frozen.
8. Aroma Seasons Ice Cold Pack For Migraine:
Aroma Seasons migraine hat comes in a V-shape design. It covers your entire face – the skin around your face – except for the nose. It comes packed with 9 gel packs individually in 9 separate pockets, and they can be adjusted to target the pain points. This provides optimal comfort. You get one extra gel pack free with this cold pack. This migraine hat helps relieve not only migraine and headaches but also facial swelling, aches, or strains. It is designed to cover the entire head and leave no pressure on the nose.
- Flexible fabric
- Immediate pain relief from migraine and headache
- Comes with polar fleece fabric on one side
- Designed with velcro closure
- Can be worn on both sides
- It doesn’t stay cold for long.
9. The Sinus and Migraine Cap – MARS Wellness
This lightweight cap is designed to cover your sinus, temples, eyes, and neck area. It stimulates acupressure points around the sensitive eyes and neck to reduce headaches. The cap is suitable for people with migraine, headache, and face swelling. It can be used for both hot and cold therapy. This is an all-natural product made from 100% natural herbs and flax seeds to reduce migraine pain.
- Adjustable design
- All-natural product
- Covers the eyes and supports the neck
- Extremely lightweight
- Cooling doesn’t last long.
10. The Migraine Hat – Wearable Ice Hat
This wearable ice hat is made of comfy fabric and is lightweight. Its clever design makes it actually look like a real wrap or hat. The cryo gel ice pack hats will have individual ice cubes for acupressure. It is adjustable and helps to target pressure points and create compression. It contours your head completely and stays secure in place. This migraine hat comes with two ice packs.
- Packed with individual ice cubes for acupressure
- Comfy fabric
- Velcro wears down quickly.
If you’re considering adding a migraine hat to your anti-migraine arsenal, please keep in mind a few points before you click the buy button.
Points To Consider While Shopping For A Migraine Hat
- Choose a hat that targets your pain areas.
- Check the material of the hat. For example, if the hat is made of spandex (which is a lightweight synthetic fiber), the pressure applied will be less.
- Go for latex-free ice pack head wraps if your body’s immune system overreacts to proteins found in natural rubber latex (as it can cause latex allergy).
- Choose a hat that will contour the circumference of your head and will stay sturdy.
- The cold hat should be able to provide you instant and long-lasting cooling.
- The hat should be drug-free.
These are the 10 best migraine hats available on the market right now. If you have had a comforting experience with a cold compress or ice therapy during your migraine blues, you should probably consider buying one of these. Remember, it is better to seek professional help if you are grappling with migraines. Use a cold compress migraine hat only after consulting your doctor.
Try any of these hats and share your experience with us in the comments section below.
- 8 Best Yoga Asanas To Treat Migraine
- How To Get Rid Of Migraine Naturally
- 7 Amazing Breathing Exercises To Treat A Headache
- Ayurvedic Treatment And Home Remedies To Treat Migraine
Latest posts by Neha Raghuvanshi (see all)
- 6 Best Recliners To Buy In 2019 - October 30, 2019
- The 10 Best Diabetic Socks – 2019 - October 28, 2019
- Best Anti-Snoring Devices – 2019 - October 21, 2019
- Most Comfortable Orthopedic Seat Cushions Of 2019 – Our Top Picks And Buying Guide - October 21, 2019
- 7 Best Cold Therapy Machines – 2019 - September 30, 2019