10 Best Migraine Hats To Save You From Debilitating Migraine Pain
Say No to painful bouts of headaches while coping with migraines with these amazing headwears.
With the best migraine hats, you can stop yourself from running to grab ice to ease the pain because these hats work just wonders for those who have excruciating migraine pain. Yes, migraines are way more than just headaches. Although some people apply frozen gel packs over their heads and some others fashion the cold compress by putting ice into plastic bags, they are cumbersome to try, especially when the brain is flogged. And the worst is, if the plastic bursts, you will end up waking up to a wet bed. Moreover, the icing restricts your mobility too. But with migraine hats, you can chill. Therefore, we have created a list of the 10 most amazing migraine hats that you must try. What are you waiting for then? Without any further delay, learn how these migraine hats work and pick the one your heart desires.
In This Article
How Does A Migraine Hat Work?
A migraine hat or a migraine band is a handsfree and soft adjustable band that wraps around your head. The ice gel pack is placed inside the band – which is also long enough to cover your head. It is adjustable, which means you can loosen or tighten it to target the pressure points. The cold and compressing therapy provided by the migraine caps has a numbing effect that helps reduce pain sensation.
As already discussed, the hassles with DIY ice hats are many. Another major problem with the DIY ice packs is that they obstruct fingertip compression. Migraine hats claim to solve this issue by allowing you to adjust the level of compression. If you have responded well to cold or compression therapy in the past, you have reasonably good reasons to try the migraine hat. We resort to a lot of home remedies to get rid of that throbbing or pulsing pain.
Here are the 10 best migraine hats that can provide relief from the pain.
10 Best Migraine Hats
1. Best For Traveling:Headache Hat-The Original Wearable Ice Pack for Migraine Headaches and Tension Relief
The original headache hat, also known as the headache halo, is made up of 92% cotton and 8% lycra. It gives quick and long-lasting cooling therapy for migraine headaches. It also works well for head and neck stress. This headache hat is made of soft material, such as cotton, spandex, and microfleece, and is convenient to wear for long hours (including during travel). The ice cubes are coated in thin plastic layers to provide you lasting relief without having the ice melt on you. This hat has a flexible design; you can move the ice cubes within the band and target all the pain points on your head and body.
- Made up of soft and comfortable material
- Provides instant and long-lasting cooling therapy
- Flexible design
- Can be used as an eye mask, neck pillow, etc.
2. Best Flexible Design:Headache Relief Ice Pack Hat
The headache relief ice pack hat from World-Bio is a flexible gel-ice head-wrap. This cold hat is made up of soft, flexible material, and you can wear it comfortably for long hours. The hat perfectly contours your head. It stays secure with no need to readjust repeatedly. This migraine hat is leakproof and latex-free. The gel packs remain mouldable even when frozen. This helps target the pain points and offers targeted relief. Watch an honest review of this product here.
- Made of soft and flexible material
- Convenient size
- Reusable (both hot and cold)
- Long-lasting gel
- Quality construction
3. Best For Compression:Headache Hat- Go Ice Pack For Migraine
This ice head wrap is made of soft and flexible material like cotton, spandex, and microfleece – making it comfortable to wear for long hours and even while traveling. The individually wrapped ice cubes move easily and can be adjusted to target pain points and provide an instant cooling sensation. This lightweight band can be worn in multiple ways. It not only helps with migraine pain and headaches but also provides relief from head and neck tension and body pains.
- Soothing compression
- Long-lasting cooling therapy
- Flexible design
- Soft and comfortable material
4. Best Flexible Design:Arctic Flex Headache Relief Ice Pack Hat
The Arctic Flex migraine head wrap comes with a soft stretchable fabric that makes it comfortable to wear. It has two snap buttons to prevent the ice from shifting. This ice pack hat has got a stretchable cover that has a maximum head circumference of 24”. This wrap also includes an extender strap that can extend up to 30” in circumference. It is leakproof and latex-free. This migraine hat comes with a 60-day unconditional guarantee that helps you make a confident purchase. Check out this honest review about the product for further details.
- Targeted migraine relief
- Customizable for hot or cold therapy
- Adjustable fit with an extender strap
- Machine washable cover
- 60-day guarantee
5. Best Customizable:Icekap Migraine Cap
The Icekap Migraine Cap is the first of its kind. It is supported by the National Children’s Cancer Society and recommended by MDs. What makes it unique is the soft microfleece and the adjustable occipital tension band. It allows your head to melt into the fabric and also creates the correct compression. The Icekap Migraine cap has 5 therapy-grade non-toxic gel ice packs. These gel packs stay colder for longer and remain soft when frozen. Icekap migraine cap provides full coverage to the occipital area and the neck. It also covers the crown, temporal, parietal, and frontal regions. Here’s an expert review of the product.
- Adjustable occipital tension band
- Comes with non-toxic gel packs that last up to 3 hours
- Remains soft when frozen
- Can be heated or cooled
6. Best Reusable:Magic Gel Migraine Relief Cap
This migraine relief cap is made of a PVC and nylon exterior with a soft lycra layer. The inside of the cap is made of a mixture of water, glycerol, SAP, and Korean clay to provide long-lasting coolness. It remains soft and flexible even at low temperatures. It creates a calm, cool, and dark environment. The magic gel migraine relief cap is drug-free and recommended by neurologists.
- Comfortable fit
- Provides 35 minutes of cold relief
- Reusable up to 300 cycles
- Comes with multiple fitting options
- Not adjustable
7. Best Hat-Style Design:Migraine Gel Ice Hat- Fomi Care
Fomi’s Migraine hat is made of soft, fleecy material and is lightweight. This ice hat comes with three removable and reusable gel packs – two to cover each side of the head and one for the front, thereby giving you full coverage. It gives an instant cooling sensation and provides soothing relief by targeting all the pain points in your head. It reaches deep into the tissue to diminish the pain and stays in place, thereby creating a hands-free experience. You can put either the entire migraine hat or just the gel packs alone in the refrigerator or freezer to achieve the desired temperature for cooling. It is made up of non-toxic medical-grade liquid gel. It comes in a PVC covering and is latex-free.
- Provides an adjustable and secure fit
- Machine washable material
- Safe to use
- Ice packs become hard when frozen.
8. Best Lightweight:Aroma Seasons Ice Cold Pack For Migraine
Aroma Seasons migraine hat comes in a V-shape design. It covers your entire face – the skin around your face – except for the nose. It comes packed with 9 gel packs individually in 9 separate pockets, and they can be adjusted to target the pain points. This provides optimal comfort. You get one extra gel pack free with this cold pack. This migraine hat helps relieve not only migraine and headaches but also facial swelling, aches, or strains. It is designed to cover the entire head and leave no pressure on the nose.
- Flexible fabric
- Immediate pain relief from migraine and headache
- Comes with polar fleece fabric on one side
- Designed with velcro closure
- Can be worn on both sides
- It doesn’t stay cold for long.
9. Best All-Natural Product:The Sinus and Migraine Cap – MARS Wellness
This lightweight cap is designed to cover your sinus, temples, eyes, and neck area. It stimulates acupressure points around the sensitive eyes and neck to reduce headaches. The cap is suitable for people with migraine, headache, and face swelling. It can be used for both hot and cold therapy. This is an all-natural product made from 100% natural herbs and flax seeds to reduce migraine pain.
- Adjustable design
- All-natural product
- Covers the eyes and supports the neck
- Extremely lightweight
- Cooling doesn’t last long.
10. Best For Acupressure:The Migraine Hat – Wearable Ice Hat
This wearable ice hat is made of comfy fabric and is lightweight. Its clever design makes it actually look like a real wrap or hat. The cryo gel ice pack hats will have individual ice cubes for acupressure. It is adjustable and helps to target pressure points and create compression. It contours your head completely and stays secure in place. This migraine hat comes with two ice packs.
- Packed with individual ice cubes for acupressure
- Comfy fabric
- Velcro wears down quickly.
There are different types of migraine hats available, so it is important to choose one that will work best for you. Here are some things to consider when choosing a migraine hat.
What To Consider When Purchasing A Migraine Hat
- Type of fabric: First, consider the type of fabric the hat is made from. Some fabrics can actually trigger migraines in some people. If you are sensitive to certain fabrics, make sure to choose a hat made from a breathable and hypoallergenic material. Choosing breathable material will also keep your head from overheating.
- Style: There are many different styles of migraine hats available. Some have straps that go around your head, while others tie in the back. Choose a style that you will be comfortable wearing for long periods of time. If you typically wear your hair down, a beanie or visor may be more comfortable than a baseball cap. If you often find yourself outdoors in bright sunlight, look for a hat with a wide brim to help block out the light.
- Fit: You want it to be snug but not too tight. If it is too loose, it won’t do its job of blocking out light and providing gentle pressure on your head. If the hat is too tight, it could actually make your headache worse. Choose a hat that has adjustable straps. This way, you can loosen or tighten the hat as needed to find the perfect fit for you.
If you’re considering adding a migraine hat to your anti-migraine arsenal, please keep in mind a few points before you click the buy button.
Points To Consider While Shopping For A Migraine Hat
- Choose a hat that targets your pain areas.
- Check the material of the hat. For example, if the hat is made of spandex (which is a lightweight synthetic fiber), the pressure applied will be less.
- Go for latex-free ice pack head wraps if your body’s immune system overreacts to proteins found in natural rubber latex (as it can cause latex allergy).
- Choose a hat that will contour the circumference of your head and will stay sturdy.
- The cold hat should be able to provide you instant and long-lasting cooling.
- The hat should be drug-free.
Infographic: Tips To Use & Maintain Migraine Hats
A migraine hat is perfect for providing relief from migraines or frequent headaches. It is easy to use, and you get the maximum benefits once you know how to wear and maintain it correctly. Check out the infographic below to learn about tips on wearing and using a migraine hat.
Migraine pain is excruciating and, unlike regular headaches. The best migraine hats offer protection and some relief from this debilitating pain. The cooling ice packs in these specially-designed hats are soft, flexible, and comfortable to use. Most of the listed products are leak-proof and made of good-quality, skin-safe materials that keep the ice from melting. While most of them have adjustable fittings, some offer more area coverage to provide relief from pain. Do consult a medical practitioner before you start with cold compressions.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Aditi Naskar has a diploma in health and wellness. She has the expertise to review health and fitness-related devices and products. She conducted in-depth research to select the best migraine hats available on the market. She checked user feedback of the products and considered the material, size, quality, safety, and efficacy while shortlisting the hats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you sleep with a migraine hat on?
Yes, you can sleep in a migraine hat as it is comfortable and relaxing.
Do hats help with migraines at the office?
Yes, these hats can be relaxing and help with migraine headaches anywhere.
How long does a migraine hat stay cold?
Some migraine hats stay cold for two hours, and some stay cool for five hours and more.
Do beanies help with migraines?
Migraine beanies with a design for ice packs can help with migraines.
Is heat or cold better for migraine?
Cold is a better and more preferred option to deal with migraines. It has a numbing effect that can dull the pain.
- Best Yoga Asanas To Treat Migraine
- How To Get Rid Of Migraine Naturally
- 7 Amazing Breathing Exercises To Treat A Headache
- Best Cold Laser Therapy Devices For Pain Relief
- Ayurvedic Treatment And Home Remedies To Treat Migraine