Many MMA fighters will tell you what fun taking part in an MMA fight is. However, no fun equals to losing a tooth or injuring your mouth. Hence, a good quality mouthguard is crucial for anyone getting ready for a bout. In this article, we have compiled a list of the ten best mouthguards that will be useful for an MMA fighter. Check them out!
10 Best Mouthguards For MMA Fighters
The Shock Doctor Mouthguard comes with a gel-fit liner technology that makes it easy to fit into one’s mouth. It provides a comfortable fit for extended use. It is available in a variety of customized colors. The mouthguard has integrated breathing channels that allow one to breathe easily while wearing the guard. This can maximize performance. The mouthguard is made with a heavy-duty exoskeletal shock frame. It provides full-mouth protection even during the hardest impact. It also protects the cheeks, tongue, and teeth, and secures the teeth in their place. The mouthguard has a triple-layer design that provides added protection and durability.
- Includes gel-fit liner technology for an easy fit
- Integrated breathing channels for easier breathing
- Triple-layer design for added protection and durability
The Venum Challenger Mouthguard comes with a Nexfit gel frame that provides better adjustment and comfort. The mouthguard has an advanced design for optimal breathing during a fight. It comes with a high-density rubber frame that provides better shock management and protection. The mouthguard comes with a protective case for better hygiene. It is specifically designed to prevent and reduce injuries to the teeth, arches, lips, joints, jaws, and gums. The lower rubber frame of the mouthguard breaks the shock waves and disperses it in the direction of your strongest teeth.
- Nexfit gel frame provides better adjustment and comfort
- Designed to provide optimal breathing during a fight
- Includes a protective case for better hygiene
- Not long-lasting
The Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard will protect your mouth from unexpected punches. The mouthguard has a two-layered construction. It features a shock-absorbing inner layer that is surrounded by a rigid outer layer. This rigid outer layer is specifically designed for upper and lower jaw protection. The mouthguard comes with a boil-and-bite design for a customized fit. The center breath channel of the mouthguard allows open air-flow.
- Two-layered construction
- Includes shock absorbing inner layer
- Rigid outer layer for upper and lower jaw protection
- Boil-and-bite design for a customized fit
- Center breath channel for open air-flow
The Franklin Sports Athletic Mouthguards come in a pack of two. They are constructed from medical quality EVA polymer. This material provides premium shock-absorbing protection and durability. The mouthguards are customized fully to offer a tight, comfortable fit for all athletes. The mouthguards come with a storage case. They also are ideal for other sports like football, hockey, baseball, boxing, wrestling, and MMA.
- Long-lasting durability
- Customized to provide a tight, comfortable fit
- Include a storage case
- Come as a pack of two
- Ideal for football, hockey, baseball, boxing, and wrestling too
The Battle Fangs Mouthguards are custom-molded to provide safety and performance. They protect the mouth by including a bottom barricade that shields lower teeth. The mouthguards are available in both youth and adult sizes. They come in bright colors and a fun fang design. They have removable straps and can be worn over braces. The mouthguards are made from an ever-mold composite that can be re-boiled and re-molded till a perfect fit is achieved. They come with a $35K dental warranty.
- Available in both youth and adult sizes
- Include removable straps
- Can be worn over braces
- Include a $35K dental warranty
- Youth sizes may have a fitting issue
The Ringside Deluxe Mouthguard provides ultimate comfort and protection. The mouthguard also offers a great fit. It has a heavy-duty rubber frame that provides impact protection. The mouthguard has a custom liner that molds to the teeth.
- Molds to the teeth for a better fit
- Some pieces could have issues with molding
No products found.
The RDX Mouthguard comes with a poly-gel latex-free gum shield that defends teeth from impact in almost any contact sport. The mouthguard has a gel fit lining for maximum shock absorption. The mouthguard also has tri-flow perforations that allow air to escape. This makes breathing under strains easier. The mouthguard comes with an acri-gel padding that cushions the molars at the back. It also has a carry case. It is ideal for both beginners and professionals.
- Latex-free gum shield provides protection
- Includes gel fit lining for maximum shock absorption
- Tri-flow perforations make breathing easier
- Includes acri-gel padding for cushioning molars
- Comes with a carry case
- Ideal for both beginners and professionals
- Not ideal for those with braces
The Dragon Do Mouthguard has a dual-layer design. This mouthguard has a soft gel in its inner layer that easily conforms to the teeth and gums. This allows for a comfortable fit. The mouthguard is free of BPA, latex, and PVC. It also is ideal for other sports like hockey, football, and boxing.
- Dual-layer design for maximum safety
- Comfortable fit
- Also ideal for hockey, football, and boxing
The Haphealsport Mouthguard is designed to imitate the shape of shark teeth. It is made of medical-grade EVA material, which is easy to mold and comfortable to wear. The mouthguard has excellent shock absorption and is tear-resistant. Its boil-and-bite design makes it convenient for use. It comes with a storage box.
- Made from medical-grade EVA material for durability
- Easy to mold
- Comfortable to wear
- Boil-and-bite design for convenient use
- Comes with a storage box
The Brain-Pad Triple Laminated Mouthguard has an aero flow clench-and-breath technology. It enhances breathing and endurance during the fight. The mouthguard fits over braces and can be worn with or without a strap. It aligns the jaws and allows muscles to work optimally. The mouthguard comes with a hardshell anti-microbial storage case. It comes with a $12K dental warranty.
- Aero-flow clench and breath technology enhances breathing
- Fits over braces
- Aligns the jaws and allows muscles to work optimally
- Includes a hardshell anti-microbial storage case
- Comes with a $12K dental warranty
These are the top mouthguards available online. The following buying guide can help you make a better purchase.
How To Buy The Best Mouthguard – A Buying Guide
- Fit – Fit is the most important criteria while choosing a mouthguard. A mouthguard that perfectly fits your mouth will offer excellent protection. An ill-fitting mouthguard can cause severe discomfort while in use and may distract you from the match. Hence, ensure you use a mouthguard that fits you perfectly.
- Protection – If you want a mouthguard that will protect you, go for a thicker one. A thick mouthguard offers more protection when compared to others.
- Style – There is a variety of mouthguards available in various styles and colors. Choose one that suits your personality.
MMA fights are a serious deal. Having additional protection is always better. Since the face is one area that receives the most impact, having a proper mouthguard helps prevent grave injuries. Pick the ideal mouthguard, and wear it to your next fight. We wish you the best!
Expert’s Answers for Readers Questions
Why do MMA fighters wear mouthguards?
A mouthguard can cushion blows taken on the face. Hence, MMA fighters wear mouthguards to minimize injuries.
Do mouthguards prevent knockouts?
No, a mouthguard doesn’t prevent knockouts or concussions.
Do mouthguards prevent tooth loss?
Yes, a mouthguard can prevent chipped teeth, nerve damage, and tooth loss.
- 10 Best Night Guards For Teeth Grinding – 2020
- 10 Best Mouthwashes For Healthy Teeth And Gums And Fighting Bad Breath
- 10 Best Teeth Whitening Products For Pearly White Teeth – Buying Guide And Reviews
- Best Electric Toothbrush For Kids in 2020