10 Best Non-Toxic Hand Soaps You Can Buy Now In 2023
Clean your hands on another level by detoxing them using good skin care soaps.
The need for the best non-toxic hand soap arises when you realize how often you wash your hands with the bar whose ingredients you are unaware of. Maintaining the hygiene of your hands is always a priority, and making sure the cleaning products wipe off the germs while keeping the natural oils intact on your skin is a priority. One way to make sure your skin is not affected is to check the ingredient list of the soap and choose the one that suits your skin.
To keep yourself safe from synthetic dyes, fragrances, and parabens, you must ensure your soap nourishes your skin while cleansing. Choosing a soap that suits your skin can be challenging. Worry not! We will help ease the process and select the perfect one for your skin type. Go through the 10 skin-friendly soaps that will keep your hands clean, soft, and nourished with every wash. Scroll down for more information.
In This Article
Top 10 Non-Toxic Hand Soaps For Soft, Germ-Free Hands
- 1 Best Cruelty-Free First Botany Tea Tree Mint Hand Soap First Botany $14.98 ON AMAZON Read More › $14.98 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best For All Skin Types Cleancult Liquid Hand Soap Cleancult $33.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $33.99 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Moisturizing Formula Method Gel Hand Wash Method Products $45.26 ON AMAZON Read More › $45.26 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best For Sensitive Skin A LA MAISON Rosemary Mint Liquid Hand Soap A La Maison $16.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $16.99 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Dermatologist-Approved Formula Puracy Natural Foaming Hand Soap Puracy $16.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $16.99 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Hypoallergenic Formula Seventh Generation Hand Wash Seventh Generation Hand Wash Seventh Generation PRICE ON AMAZON Read More › PRICE ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Fragrance-Free Better Life Citrus Mint Soap Better Life $16.57 ON AMAZON Read More › $16.57 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Skin Soothing Ingredients Thieves Foaming Hand Soap Youngliving $56.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $56.99 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Anti-Bacterial ECOS Hypoallergenic Hand Soap Ecos $14.88 ON AMAZON Read More › $14.88 ON AMAZON
- 10 Best Multipurpose Caldrea Hand Soap Refill Caldrea $20 ON AMAZON Read More › $20 ON AMAZON
Best Cruelty-Free:First Botany Tea Tree Mint Hand Soap
If you want to treat yourself to a bar of luxurious, all-natural hand soap, the First Botany Tea Tree Mint Hand Soap is the perfect product for you. It’s filled with lush ingredients like tea tree, jojoba, and peppermint oils that result in a gentle formulation that is mild enough for frequent hand washing. It’s also formulated with vitamin E, which results in soft, hydrated hands after every wash. Cruelty and paraben-free, it calms redness and inflammation with its unique soothing properties.
- Soothes inflamed skin
- Suitable for dry skin cleanses
- The scent may be overwhelming for some
Best For All Skin Types:Cleancult Liquid Hand Soap
The Cleancult non-toxic foaming hand soap is a gentle formulation suitable for all skin types and keeps your skin conditioned with every wash. It has moisturizing ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin E, lavender extract, and a blend of essential oils that keep your hands hydrated and moisturized all day long. You don’t have to worry about dry, chapped skin on your hands with this hand soap. It nourishes your skin and protects it from germs without over-drying it.
- Moisturizing properties
- Safe for all skin types
- Natural ingredients
- Recyclable ingredients
- Some might find the consistency to be a bit too thin
Best Moisturizing Formula:Method Gel Hand Wash
This organic foaming hand soap is an excellent addition to your daily self-cleaning routine. The gel formulation includes fresh ingredients like lavender, grapefruit extract, lemon, mint, and sea salt. You are assured soft and clean feeling hands every time you lather up this healthy hand soap. Safe for all skin types, this paraben-free hand soap is crafted using only natural ingredients and devoid of harmful chemicals that may harm your skin’s outer layer.
- Biodegradable formula
- Moisturizing and hydrating
- Natural ingredients
- No artificial fragrances
- May leave behind a greasy residue
Best For Sensitive Skin:A LA MAISON Rosemary Mint Liquid Hand Soap
The two-century-old formula of A LA MAISON Rosemary Mint Liquid Hand Soap is still well-trusted. This purifying soap is enriched with nourishing vitamin E, argan oil, and olive oil. Its gentle ingredients are safe for your sensitive skin. Although this has moisturizing properties, if you happen to wash your hands multiple times, make sure that you moisturize to prevent dryness.
- Mess-free pump
- Pleasant scent
Best Dermatologist-Approved Formula:Puracy Natural Foaming Hand Soap
This sulfate-free hand soap is everything you need for squeaky clean, soft, and nourished hands. The rich, foaming formula is infused with plant-based ingredients like lavender and vanilla extract, dried Indonesian clove leaves, balsamic undercurrents, coconut oil, and aloe vera to keep your skin hydrated. The hypoallergenic hand soap is safe to use on all skin types because it’s free from harsh chemicals. You can also check this YouTuber’s detailed review to know more about the results after using this product.
- Plant-based ingredients
- Hydrating formula
- Paraben and sulfate-free
- Dermatologist approved
- In rare cases, it may cause redness and skin irritation
Best Hypoallergenic Formula:Seventh Generation Hand Wash
This chemical-free hand soap is great for sensitive skin because its hypoallergenic formula assures your skin is cleansed without irritating it. This gentle formulation includes moisturizing plant-based ingredients like aloe leaf juice, citric acid, and glycerin that leave your hands feeling clean, soft, and supple. There are no artificial fragrances or dyes in this bottle, so it’s safe for you and your family.
- No synthetic fragrances or dyes
- Plant-based ingredients
- USDA certified
- Suitable for sensitive skin types
- Some find the formula to be too drying on the skin.
Best Fragrance-Free:Better Life Citrus Mint Soap
This clean, eco-friendly hand soap is a suitable option for everyday use due to its gentle formula that won’t dry out your skin while cleansing your hands. It’s filled with soothing and nourishing ingredients like vitamin E, aloe leaf extract, glycerin, grapefruit extract, green tea, mint, and coconut oil. Together they rid pores of dirt, grime, and bacteria for hands that are germ-free and clean. This sulfate-free hand soap has a refreshing citrus mint scent that will make you feel rejuvenated every time you rinse your hands.
- Natural ingredients
- May not be as moisturizing as expected
Best Skin Soothing Ingredients:Thieves Foaming Hand Soap
Created with a potent blend of natural ingredients like lemon, cinnamon bark, clove, eucalyptus, and rosemary oil, Thieves is one of the best non-toxic hand soaps. These ingredients ensure that all unwanted particles are eliminated in the first wash. It also comes with a refreshing autumn scent and luxurious, rich formula that makes it quite the crowd favorite. Safe for the entire family, it has no synthetic dyes or harmful chemicals.
- Organic ingredients
- Moisturizing formula
- Responsibly sourced ingredients
- Slightly expensive
Best Anti-Bacterial:ECOS Hypoallergenic Hand Soap
This organic liquid hand soap is known for its gentle formula that effectively cleans and nourishes your hands with every wash. It includes hydrating ingredients like vitamin E, glycerin, lavender oil, and grapefruit seed extract, ensuring hands are clean without stripping it from its natural oils. Since it has no harsh chemicals, this antibacterial soap does a great job balancing the skin’s pH levels and helps maintain your skin’s natural acidity levels.
- Moisturizing formula
- Paraben, chlorine, and sulfate-free
- Plant-based ingredients
- Biodegradable formula
- May not be best suited for sensitive skin
Best Multipurpose:Caldrea Hand Soap Refill
The Caldrea Hand Soap Refill is enriched with refreshing and clean ingredients like orange and aloe vera, and is ideal for busy hands. Its blend of skin-friendly essential oils is specially formulated to take care of your gentle skin. This moisturizing liquid soap can also be used to clean small clothing items or as a body wash.
Don’t worry if you are somebody who has to wash your hands frequently, as this soap does not contain any harmful chemicals. Bring this product to your home for uniform fragrance from the first to the last pump.
- Artificial color-free
- Extra-mild scent
Keeping ourselves clean and safe by the simple act of handwashing is easy and hassle-free. But constant washing can also harm and dry out the skin, if we don’t pay attention to our hand soaps. The market if filled with several types of hand soaps and choosing the best ones among so many gets confusing. Given below are some factors to look out for while you select the best non-toxic hand soaps for use.
How To Select The Best Non-Toxic Hand Soaps
Hand soaps come in gel, creamy liquid, and foam form. Foam takes less water to wash off while gel and liquid soaps come in bottles and build up more lather for better cleansing.
- Dry Skin: a gentle non-toxic formula enriched with hydrating ingredients is suitable for dry skin. Ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera keep hands moisturized and soft. It removes dry, peeling skin and pulls out dirt and grime from the pores. Aloe also has healing properties that soothe the hands.
- Sensitive Skin: choose chemical-free, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic soaps. These formulas will keep the skin from feeling irritated or breaking out into rash and redness. Lemon peel oil, peppermint oil, orange peel oils, and spearmint oil are safe for the skin.
- Oily Skin: oily skin requires antioxidants that balance the pH level of the skin. Look for a deep cleansing soap that will clear out not only dirt and impurities but also soak in excess sebum from the pores.
- All Skin Types: choose a gentle, non-toxic formula with essential oils like olive and coconut, or lavender extract, vitamin E, shea butter, milk proteins, and other natural botanical extracts to keep the skin moisturized and nourished.
Avoid hand soaps which are made with parabens and sulfates. These are chemicals used for forming lather and may be harmful to the skin. Also, avoid artificial fragrances and synthetic dyes which may irritate the skin.
Well, now that you know about the top 10 non-toxic hand soaps that are available. Let’s look at the various factors you have to look for when purchasing an organic liquid hand soap.
Things To Look For When Purchasing A Non-Toxic Hand Soap
When looking for non-toxic hand soap ingredients, look for products that have plant-derived ingredients. Avoid hand soaps that have any sulfates or parabens as they can cause an adverse reaction and dry out your hands. Look for components like aloe vera, essential oils, and milk proteins that nourish and cleanse your skin.
- Skin type
If you suffer from dry and rough skin, you must look for hand soaps with a gentle formula and are loaded with hydrating ingredients like coconut oil, aloe vera, and shea butter. If you have sensitive skin, look for fragrance-free and hypoallergenic formulas that ensure skin is cleansed without irritating it.
When looking for a hand soap that you want to use multiple times a day, you need to invest in a product within your price range and good quality. Look for organic hand soaps that are affordable and will give you all the benefits you are looking for.
Maintaining hygiene is very important, and when it comes to your hands, you should use the best non-toxic hand soaps. Most hand soaps contain chemicals that you should avoid. But, soaps are a necessity to live a clean and healthy life. The listed products are free from synthetic dyes, fragrances, and parabens and will nourish your hands while cleansing. These non-toxic hand soaps will offer extra protection against germs and viruses and they are especially suited for those who have sensitive skin. In addition, they will help soothe inflamed skin. Consider the ingredients, skin type, and budget while choosing the best non-toxic hand soaps.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
The author, Kirtana Divakar, is a skin care enthusiast. She loves trying out different non-toxic hand soaps for soft, germ-free hands. She has browsed through multiple forums for users’ feedback and went through the brand websites before shortlisting the best non-toxic hand soaps that are suitable for different skin types. These skin-friendly hand soaps not only wipe off the germs but also keep natural oils intact on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the safest hand soap you can use?
When you are looking for nontoxic hand soap, look for a product that is free from any synthetic dyes or fragrances, parabens, and preservatives.
Why is unscented hand soap good for you?
Choosing an unscented hand soap is good for your skin because synthetic dyes may dry your skin out and strip the natural oils from it, leaving it dull and chapped.
Which is better – gel or foam hand soap?
Foam hand soap is easy to dispense and thoroughly cleanses the hands. Its effect is long-lasting as well. In contrast, gel hand soap is difficult to lather and has lower cleansing power.
Can I use non-toxic hand soap every day?
Yes. Non-toxic hand soaps have a gentle formula that deep cleans and nourishes the hands.
How do I wash my hands?
• Rinse your hands with clean water.
• Pour a few drops of the soap onto your palms.
• Rub your hands together and form a lather.
• Lather between the fingers, the back of your hands, and beneath your nails. Do this for 20 seconds.
• Rinse the hands under running water.
• Pat the hands dry with a soft, clean towel.
Does using hand soap for skin care do any damage?
Yes. Using hand soaps for skin care disturbs the skin pH level and causes irritations.
What ingredients should I avoid in non-toxic hand soap?
Non-toxic hand soaps are made without fragrances, parabens, SLS, SLES, Triclosan, and cocamidopropyl betaine.