Hair fall is a natural process that occurs right from our birth until we die. But a lot of people experience extensive hair fall due to other reasons like greasy scalp, unsuitable weather conditions, or extreme stress. Discovering a few strands here and there is okay, but finding your hair strands pretty much everywhere intensifies your stress. If treated at the right time, they can be completely avoided. And, for that you need the best hair oil for hair fall in India.
There are so many brands in the market and you probably have seen ads on TV that make you wonder— are these good enough? To answer your question, we have created a list of 15 best hair oil for hair fall in India.
Top 15 Hair Oils Of 2020
Ayurveda has been in our country since ancient times and it has proved itself as one of the most effective streams of medicine. This Indulekha anti hair fall oil uses the same method to treat all your hair fall issues. From mild to chronic hair fall, this oil claims to reduce hair fall to a great extent. The oil contains bhringraj, an herb that is known to cure hair and scalp issues. All the 11 herb extracts in the oil are cooked in virgin coconut oil and are set to mature in sunlight for a week to make them potent. It is recommended to use the oil 3 times a week for four months to get the desired results.
- It has 100% natural fragrances and colors.
- It does not include any parabens, sulphates, silicones, synthetic dyes or artificial perfumes.
- The oil also promotes new hair growth.
- It uses a “selfie comb” design which lets you apply the oil without getting your hands oily.
- Might take some extra time to be effective on some people
Are you tired of your old hair oil that always leaves your hair feeling greasy? It is time that you try Onion Black Seed Hair Oil from WOW Skin Science. It is a non-sticky, non-greasy, and fast absorbing hair oil that makes applying a hassle-free experience. It is made with onion black seed blended with almond, castor, jojoba, olive, and coconut oils. It does not matter if you have straight or curly hair, you can rest easy that this oil will help you maintain and improve your hair health.
- It helps in hydrating and improving hair vitality.
- It helps in maintaining the shine and moisture of the hair.
- It can be used for scalp treatment as well.
- It might not work on all scalp or hair types.
Trying out new products on your hair can be intimidating because you never know how your scalp would react. This castor oil from Rey Natural is completely made from pure and natural ingredients for your peace of mind. It uses the highest-quality of castor seed extracts that are produced in Gujarat. The healing properties of this oil will allow your hair and skin to immediately absorb the nutrients and reduce hair fall over time. You either apply and leave it overnight or apply it 30 minutes before the shower.
- It is free from chemicals.
- It is cold pressed.
- It can be used on the eyebrows and eyelashes as well.
- It nourishes and promotes hair growth while keeping the scalp moisturized and hydrated.
- The thick consistency of the oil might be too much for some.
When you need the best hair oil to prevent hair fall, you can count on Luxura Sciences’ Organic Onion Hair Oil. It is made from a blend of 14 high-quality essential oils to give your hair the treatment it deserves. It has a light-feeling and a non-greasy formula that penetrates into the hair roots and leaves them moisturized and grease-free. This onion-based formula is an ideal solution for all your hair fall and dandruff issues.
- It is color-safe and does not include sulfates, phosphates, silicones, or parabens.
- Improves scalp blood circulation to reduce hair fall, breakage, and thinning in just 3 weeks.
- It also claims to provide strong scalp nourishment and improve alopecia condition.
- It might not work well on all hair types.
Kesh King Ayurvedic Hair Oil is clinically proven to provide twice the results of other ayurvedic oils. This is one of the highest rated hair fall treatment oils. From the sources of Mantrocharan, Kesh King has made a blend of 21 herbs all while ensuring that their benefits are retained. Whether it is an issue of hair fall, dandruff, or premature greying, it can be used for multiple ailments. To achieve the best results, use it 3 times a week for three months.
- It is the only hair oil to be certified by Anthony Pearce Trichology.
- It is a proprietary medicine with hardly any side effects.
- It has a Deep Root Comb applicator which makes it for an easy application and allows the oil to penetrate deeper into the roots.
- The packaging might be a bit flimsy.
Considering the fact that your hair is something that you take care of dearly, we know you are always on the look-out for the best hair oil for hair fall in India. If you aren’t aware of it, let’s tell you that Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil is quite “the favorite” these days. Although Mamaearth is fairly new to the market, their hair oil is known to control hair fall and stimulate hair growth. It is made from all-natural ingredients that are combined with oils like sunflower oil, amla oil, hibiscus oil, and a few others, providing stronger and shinier hair.
- It is free from parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, dyes, and synthetic fragrance.
- It is dermatologically tested to ensure your safety.
- It does not contain any harmful chemicals that might cause allergies or irritation.
- It is rich in vitamin D and almond oil that provide nourishment for a healthier scalp.
- It might cause irritation on some scalp types.
People in India have relied on Himalaya for decades and in return Himalaya has constantly produced some amazing products. This anti-hair fall hair oil is one such product. Along with bhringraj, it also features hints of thistles and amla to strengthen hair roots and fenugreek for hair nourishment. Their medicinal properties help in reducing hair fall and hair thinning. The blend of ayurveda and science has never been better.
- It is suitable for all hair types.
- It also helps in fighting scalp infections.
- It includes neem and bael to eliminate irritation and soothe the scalp.
- It might be a little slow to show results on some hair types.
You need not spend thousands of rupees on expensive hair products to prevent hair fall, all you need is a bottle of Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment. It not only prevents hair fall, but also reduces dandruff and premature graying. The main ingredients are indigo, bhringraj, and amla that are combined with sesame oil and milk. For best results, apply it and leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo.
- Anti-fungal licorice and antibacterial balloon vine protects the scalp from infections.
- The oil has an earthy scent that generates a calming and meditative effect.
- The essential oils used in this product offer soothing, nourished, and healthy hair.
- The scent might be a bit too strong for some.
Lately, redensyl has been the talk of the town when it comes to hair fall prevention. It is a formula that is claimed to be significantly better at boosting hair growth than others. This hair oil from Grandeur features redensyl to boost the overall health of the hair. It targets the hair follicle cells to revive them and promote hair growth. It does not matter what type of hair you have, straight or curly, you can count on this hair oil to control your hair fall.
- It also helps in controlling dandruff.
- It is made from natural ingredients.
- It eases your scalp from infections.
- The onion extract in the oil offers shinier and lengthier hair.
- It has a strong scent.
Onion has been largely used as a solution for hair problems. Whether it is for hair fall, dandruff, or scalp issues, onion is one of the go-to staples that is easily available in every house. But why use onion juice alone when you can use this 9-in-1 onion hair oil? It is a 100% cold pressed and pure oil. It uses a strong onion oil blended with black seeds and 7 other natural ingredients to provide you with best results.
- SLS and paraben free
- It helps in increasing shine and maintaining the moisture.
- It is a non-sticky and non-greasy oil offering silky and soft texture.
- Not everyone will like the odor.
If you have grown up in India, then you would definitely know how good Dabur is. When it comes to hair oil, Dabur Vatika is one of most common products that is found in many households. It is made with a blend of 7 ayurvedic herbs that helps in reviving damaged hair. All ingredients that are used to make this oil are completely natural and organic. For best results, gently massage the oil on hair and leave it for anywhere between one hour to an entire day.
- It is made from the Tail Pak Vidhi process that revitalizes the scalp and controls hair fall.
- It provides deep conditioning for the scalp.
- It is clinically proven to reduce hair fall up to 50% in just 4 weeks.
- This updated formula might not work on all scalp and hair types.
Let’s face it, we all had Parachute in our houses since the early days of our childhood. We would wait for that soothing, heavenly evening head massage with Parachute oil and then we were off for the weekend. Apart from nostalgic value, this hair oil combines the benefits of coconut oil and 25 other ayurvedic herbs to solve most of your hair issues. This one is also processed through Tel Pak Vidhi, in which all ingredients are used in equal quantity and mixed with oil to extract essence without losing its benefits.
- It is ideal for treating hair fall, dandruff, split ends, and much more.
- It leaves your hair longer, shinier and thicker than before.
- It reduces scalp irritation and increases blood circulation.
- It might come in a flimsy package.
Nourish and revitalize your hair with the help of Sesa Ayurvedic Hair Oil. Ayurveda is known to be efficient and does not carry any side effects, so you can use this hair oil worry-free. It is a combination of 18 nourishing herbs blended with 5 essential oils that prevents hair fall and promotes hair growth. All ingredients are boiled in milk with their patented ayurvedic process called Kshirpak Vidhi. Apply 3 times a week for the best results.
- It uses 100% natural ingredients.
- It leaves your hair feeling smooth and silky.
- It is free from all kinds of mineral oils, chemicals, and parabens.
- It also helps in relaxing the nerves and relieving you from headaches; thanks to the manduka parni, indravaruni and neem beej that are infused in the oil.
- The oil might not be easy to wash off.
Soulflower Pure Natural Bhringraj Oil is cold pressed from a divine blend of bhringraj, sesame seeds, and coconut oil that yields superior results. The ingredients are picked from organic and local sources. The oil is enriched with vitamins, fatty acids and few other essential ingredients. It provides therapeutic benefits while controlling hair fall, dandruff, premature graying, and other scalp problems. The end results are shiny, lengthy, and healthier hair that you have always desired.
- It is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
- The oil is transparent, non-greasy, and is easily absorbed by hair.
- It is free from sulfates, parabens, and phthalates.
- It deeply conditions and softens frizzy and brittle hair.
- It might not be suitable for certain hair types.
Trichup Hair Fall Control Herbal Hair Oil is a sesame seed-based oil that is known to be one of the most effective hair oils in the market. This potent formula reduces hair fall and hair breakage and nourishes hair follicles to stimulate new hair growth. The key ingredients are bhringraj, yashtimadhu, and amla, which are some widely used ingredients for hair medicine. It nourishes your scalp and provides a natural shine to your hair.
- It improves hair texture.
- It is made from natural herbs.
- It reduces hair thinning and leaves you with a thicker and softer hair.
- It may not be effective on all scalp types.
That was our list of the 15 best hair oil for hair fall in India. Although, we are pretty sure that you have already selected the hair oil you like, you need to know what causes hair fall and how to choose the best oil to stop that.
The Reason Behind Hair Fall
Be it men or women, hair loss can take a toll on you. It can be caused due to various reasons, and sometimes it is more than just one factor. Here are a few reasons why you might be experiencing hair loss and we hope it will help you manage them a little better.
- Stress: In the fast moving world that we live in, it is undeniable that we are stressed about pretty much everything. It could be anything regarding work, personal life, or social life, all these have a major role in increasing stress. Managing your stress better should help reduce hair fall.
- Medication: Hair fall is also caused by strong medicines that you might be on. Pills with strong doses can have adverse effects on health. It might tamper with your weight, diet, hair, or just overall health. So, if you are experiencing any such issues, you should consider talking to your doctor about it.
- Pollution: We can unanimously agree that there are way too many vehicles on the road which causes air pollution. Vehicles emit carbon dioxide which is not only bad for the environment, but also hazardous to our health as well. All the dust and harmful particles in such an environment can get lodged on your scalp which causes all kinds of scalp and hair problems.
- Lifestyle: This goes hand in hand with stress. Your body and mind needs a break from all the activities that you put them through like late night parties, smoking, drinking, traveling, irregular diets, and so much more. If you do not allow your body to recover from these events, it will never be relaxed enough to maintain your hair health.
A Guide To Buying The Best Anti Hair Fall Oil
We have listed quite a good number of high-quality hair oils, but you need to select the one that will best suit your hair and scalp the most. Here are a few pointers that you need to consider before one of these is on the way to your doorstep.
- Always try to buy a hair oil that is made from natural and organic ingredients as it eliminates the chances of exposing your hair to harmful chemicals. It also helps in retaining the natural oils of the hair.
- Always make a habit of reading the ingredients list to make sure that there are no hidden chemical formulas that are being used in the product.
- If a product works on someone else, it does not necessarily mean that it has to work for you too. For this reason, you might have to do a little trial before settling on one. Most of the hair oils on our list are natural, so do not be afraid of doing a bit of experiment.
- Pick an oil that is not too greasy as it might be quite the hassle to get rid of, even with thorough rinsing.
Oiling your hair regularly is very important to keep it healthy and moisturized. We understand that not all hair oils out there cater to every hair and scalp type and that is why we took the liberty of making this list for you. Your hair deserves the best treatment because you deserve to look and feel your best.
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Can oiling stop hair fall?
Yes, oiling your hair regularly is proven to reduce hair fall over time.
Is overnight oiling good for hair?
The maximum duration to leave oil on your hair is 6-8 hours. Anything more than that can accumulate dust and in return cause more damage than repair.
Should you oil hair every day?
Applying oil 2-3 times a week is enough to achieve the desired results.
Can too much oil damage hair?
Yes, too much does cause hair damage. Your scalp naturally produces oil and additional oil will just create a greasy mess which further intensifies hair fall.
Should we comb hair after oiling?
Combing your hair gently is recommended as it helps to even out the oil.
Is it okay to apply oil on wet hair?
Wet hair does not allow oil to stay on the scalp and will repel it. The oil will not be able to enter the roots which is the whole point of the application.
Why do we lose hair while applying oil?
Seeing hair on your hand while oiling is a common thing. When you apply oil, the hair becomes damp which causes the hair to break easily even to the slightest tug or massage.
Latest posts by Chaitra Krishnan (see all)
- Banish Puffiness And Wrinkles With 13 Best Rollers Of 2021 - February 6, 2021
- Prevent Dryness With 13 Best Ceramide Creams Of 2021 - February 6, 2021
- 10 Best Soaps For Dry Skin In 2021 - February 6, 2021
- Nourish And Heal Skin With 13 Best Manuka Honey Creams of 2021 - February 5, 2021
- 13 Best Korean Face Masks For Fresh Skin - February 5, 2021