Applying oil on oily skin sounds a bit counterintuitive, doesn’t it? We would have agreed with this a few years ago, but the cosmetic research done in recent years has proved us wrong. The agenda now is to unlearn what you have been taught for so long and learn about the best oils for oily skin that are effective.
Don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise – because oils are loaded with antioxidants and amino acids that heal your skin without stripping away too much of its natural oils. We have compiled a list of the best facial oils for oily skin available on the market right now. Check them out!
In This Article
The Benefits Of Facial Oils For Oily Skin
- Help balance your skin’s moisture levels.
- Protect your skin from sun damage, pollution, and environment aggressors.
- Can be used as makeup removers and lip balms.
- Provide quicker results than face creams.
- Can be used as an under-eye cream
- Thicken and nourish the eyelashes
15 Best Facial Oils For Oily Skin
The annmarie Herbal Facial Oil improves the appearance of enlarged pores and balances the excess oil on your skin. It contains pure botanicals, willow bark, neem, cumin seed oil, hazelnut oil, and delicate herbal blends that unclog the pores. The lightweight formula has a grapeseed oil base that brightens your skin. This facial oil is cruelty-free, lightweight, and does not contain parabens, artificial fragrances, and colorants.
- No artificial fragrances and colorants
The Beauty By Earth Balance & Restore Luxury Face Oil nourishes and soothes the skin. It helps you get rid of unwanted skin conditions like redness, breakouts, and rosacea. This facial oil contains jojoba seed oil, olive leaf extract, argan oil, rosehip seed extract, and essential oils. Sea buckthorn hydrates the skin and treats acne, while calendula extract stimulates new skin cell formation.
- Treats acne
The EVAS Aromatic Face Oil is quickly absorbed into your skin to hydrate and soothe it. The formula contains Ecocert certified organic argan oil that balances the natural oils of your skin. It is long-lasting, hypoallergenic, and lightweight. This product does not leave a greasy residue post-application.
- Absorbed quickly
The Sundari Essential Oil is enriched with natural antioxidants that purify and clarify your skin. It is infused with stimulating peppermint and astringent rosemary oils that tone the skin with a radiant finish. Carrier oils like safflower seed and sweet almond oils make your skin soft and supple. This facial oil is also rich in vitamins A and E that help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It controls oil secretion and eliminates toxins from clogged pores. This product is dermatologist tested and fragrance-free.
- No synthetic fragrances
- No additional colorants
The Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil by Sunday Riley is loaded with powerful ingredients that prevent breakouts. With 1.5% salicylic acid, this medicated oil clears acne and the congestion caused by clogged pores, removes blackhead build-up, and leaves you with evenly toned and blemish-free skin. It contains other nourishing, antibacterial, and moisturizing ingredients like milk thistle, cumin, tea tree oil, hexylresorcinol, and licorice that brighten your skin.
Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil is a one-stop shop oil to nourish and repair your skin and optimize its overall health. The potent natural actives in this oil help you take care of a host of issues like blemishes, scars, and uneven skin tone. A few drops of this oil during the day and before you go to sleep can do wonders for your skin.
This facial oil is a blend of Moroccan argan oil, golden jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, squalane, and other essential oils. This oil is intensely hydrating and helps restore the natural glow of dry and damaged skin. It restores the natural oil balance of your skin and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles without clogging the skin pores. It contains antioxidants that help to keep your skin firm.
Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil is a blend of oils that acts as an astringent for oily or combination skin. It contains rosewood, geranium, and lotus extracts that purify your skin, clear and tighten pores, and refine your skin’s texture and health. The hazelnut oil in this formula softens, moisturizes, and soothes your skin. It also works to reduce and prevent fine lines.
Jojoba oil is extremely light and has the closest molecular structure to our skin. This makes it the most suitable oil for oily skin. You can also use it on your hair and nails. Viva Naturals Organic Jojoba Oil is all-natural, and it has been extracted without using heat to preserve its goodness. It contains essential skin-nourishing fatty acids. It can be used by itself or mixed with other carrier or essential oils.
Burt’s Bees Anti-Aging Oil is a potent blend of all the oils that are perfect for oily skin – jojoba, rosehip, and evening primrose. It nourishes and hydrates your skin, leaving it feeling supple all day long. It battles visible signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines and brightens dull skin with the help of its fatty acids and antioxidants. Dab a few drops of this oil before your morning skin care regimen and 4-5 drops at night. Massage your skin gently with your fingertips, and let it all get absorbed.
Tea tree oil is a blessing in disguise as it is one of the most powerful essentials oils. It works like a magic potion for oily skin because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Acne is caused by infection, pus, or pores that are not thoroughly cleaned up. You need tea tree oil – and a potent one at that – to keep it at bay. Apply a few drops of this oil over the affected areas before you proceed with your usual skin care routine.
This facial oil from Mad Hippie is loaded with hydrating and antioxidant-rich ingredients that protect you from photodamage, free radicals, and the effects of anti-aging. The 18 Actives in this oil include argan oil, goji, camu camu, pomegranate, hemp seeds, and many more potent extracts that are high in fatty acids and vitamins that fortify and smoothen your skin – all of this while getting absorbed easily.
African Botanics Neroli Infused Marula Oil plumps, brightens, and hydrates your skin, reduces redness and fine lines, and tightens pores. This sheer and lightweight formula seeps deep into your skin easily to unclog pores, tighten your skin, and calm your skin thoroughly. It uses rich marula oil that is fully absorbed into your skin.
Your skin will receive hydration and all the things it needs from this rejuvenating sage and lavender oil blend that contains essential fatty acids. It also contains jojoba oil, coconut oil, and vitamin E that not only fortify your skin but also work on issues like pigmentation, dark spots, discoloration, and scars caused by acne.
Lapis Facial Oil is made from 100% natural plant extracts. It hydrates your skin without clogging pores, controls excess oil production, and maintains the moisture balance of your skin. The oil gets absorbed into your skin quickly and delivers the vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants. It does not contain any fillers, chemicals, or artificial fragrances.
[ Also Try – Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate ]
Here are some ingredients and features that you can look out while buying a facial oil for oily skin.
What Ingredients To Look For In Facial Oils?
- Facial oils for oily skin should be lightweight, non-greasy, and quick-absorbing. Look for the following ingredients:
- Jojoba, Tea Tree, Squalane, And Marula Oils – These oils have a light texture and balance the sebum levels without making the skin greasy.
- Argan, Sea Buckthorn, Kukui, Grapeseed, And Rosehip Oils – These oils are low-comedogenic and contain minerals and antioxidants that nourish and protect the skin from external aggressors.
- Hemp, Ylang-ylang, Lavender, And Evening Primrose Oils – They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that nourish and repair your skin.
Let’s now look at a few ingredients in face oils that might harm the skin.
What To Avoid In Facial Oils?
- Mineral oils and wheat germ oil are comedogenic and might clog the pores, causing breakouts.
- Avoid facial oils that contain coconut, avocado, and olive oils. These oils are too heavy for oily skin and may congest the pores, leading to breakouts and acne.
- Do not use oils that contain synthetic fragrances or artificial colors as they might irritate the skin.
Here are a few tips on using facial oils the correct way.
How To Use Facial Oils
- A Few Drops Are All You Need: One to three drops of facial oil are enough to cover your face and address your skin needs.
- Pat The Oil On Your Face: Unlike moisturizers, facial oils should not be rubbed on your skin. Take a few drops of facial oil on your palms and pat gently on your face. Do not go overboard while applying the oil to your face.
- Consider The Timing Of Application: Applying facial oil in the morning is not ideal. Apply it at night before going to bed. This is because your skin produces less sebum during the night, which makes it the best time for application.
External oils don’t produce more oil in your skin. Excess sebum production is responsible for that. Therefore, using the right oils will brighten your face and keep pimples at bay. This was our comprehensive list of the best facial oils for oily skin. Take your pick and say hello to glowing skin.
- 20 Best Essential Oils For Skin Care
- 12 Best Serums For Oily Skin To Look Out For In 2021
- 6 Must Know Beauty Tips for Oily Skin